Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I get the complaint that you unlock upgrades at the same level with every car but they left out how each car requires a different balance of upgrades.

For instance, I'm not going to invest a lot of points into brakes for a Miata but I'll add some power. Mustang GT doesn't need power but it needs brakes and suspension upgrades to handle the weight.

I think the system works really well.

It's nice that it locks tires till the higher level as a big mistake people make is installing tires they don't really need on the car; causing them to waste PI.

So, unlike Youtubers like to say, each car is not the same experience when upgrading.
This is true even with the race cars, the Toyota GT-ONE with the last restrictor removed has over 950+ HP and is pretty unstable with that much power. I think the system is good as you can tell when your car is reaching it's limit whereas in the previous games most of us myself included would just take a Class C car for example and tune it to Class S without slowly applying upgrades over time.

I get the complaint that you unlock upgrades at the same level with every car but they left out how each car requires a different balance of upgrades.

For instance, I'm not going to invest a lot of points into brakes for a Miata but I'll add some power. Mustang GT doesn't need power but it needs brakes and suspension upgrades to handle the weight.

I think the system works really well.

It's nice that it locks tires till the higher level as a big mistake people make is installing tires they don't really need on the car; causing them to waste PI.

So, unlike Youtubers like to say, each car is not the same experience when upgrading.
Yeah I agree and also since you start at level 1 bare bone stock, you do get a feeling what you need the most. In my case though, that has been tire upgrades first most of the time (tire width since compound was locked). Otherwise that Civic was sliding around the track too much.

Didn't take too long to see my first 'cop' car. Guess I'm not worried about the no livery free play bug anymore.

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone have the position movement of the different cameras working for them? I have tried it in the game options and I don't notice anything... the camera does not change position no matter how much I increase or decrease the values.
You have to enable the button above to get FoV changes to actually eork
As a YouTuber famously once said "Forza thinks you're stupid"

Didn't take too long to see my first 'cop' car. Guess I'm not worried about the no livery free play bug anymore.

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Screenshot 2023-10-06 151257.png

I just saw this despicable... thing.

I agree with some of DJS’ points here, interesting to see him spell it all out:

You don't have to buy a new car to create a drift build, I don't get that one.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 152709.png

Screenshot 2023-10-06 153026.png

I'm sorry but this is not true, there are definitely some existing lighting issues but this is easily the best lighting in a Forza Motorsport title.

Last edited:
I tried some laps around Suzuka earlier, and the final sector, especially the last chicane felt really odd. Completely different from what all other games do.
At least to me it definitely looks like they are using the chicane layout last used 19 years ago, in 2004.
Compare this:

To this :

View attachment 1293105

I'm sorry but this is not true, there are definitely some existing lighting issues but this is easily the best lighting in a Forza Motorsport title.
I think a lot of the lighting issues are based on the fact that it was probably designed for RTGI. The original trailer had RGTI and everything looked so much more vibrant, even the car in the reflection on the GTR. They're still working on it as mentioned here:

"We're still committed to bringing in RTGI to the players. It might not be there on Day 1 but we do think it's a technology that adds a lot to the game and we will bring it in a future update."

I think a lot of the lighting issues are based on the fact that it was probably designed for RTGI. The original trailer had RGTI and everything looked so much more vibrant, even the car in the reflection on the GTR. They're still working on it as mentioned here:

Even without RTGI, which will only be on PC, the current lighting in the game is way better than any previous Motorsport title..

Last edited:
The one thing I do agree with is that regardless of how many times you buy the same car whatever upgrades you've earned should transfer over.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a steering wheel for Xbox?

I have a CSL DD pro and I'm forced to use my old McLaren GT3 wheel and none of the extra buttons are mapping, probably because it's an older wheel.

Worse than the lack of mapping is the fact that the paddle shifter is horrible. It's one bar across the top so when you depress up shift the paddle on the left also moves and I don't know what the paddles on the bottom do but I hit those way too many times by mistake.

Last edited:

What if Forza Motorsport was released as a game preview like the Grounded game? Many of the issues addressed by DJS and others could have been addressed over time and could have been sort of "critic proof" because... it was a game preview. If I recall Grounded had that status for a year or so, people got to play it, provide feedback, and the game developed a crowd, and you don't really hear complaints about it.

Did Turn 10 bite more than they could chew? Did time finally caught with them, making another delay simply unacceptable? Bless them, I know their hard work is on display, but in these times all it takes to bring you down is the accrued minor faults here and there, this game is not even close to a disaster like Forspoken or Immortals of Aveum, but still... what if?

I definitely think leveling up each manufacturer would have been a great choice. But DJS has to also remember that some of the manufacturers took a big hit in car quantity as well, like Pagani for example.

I do, however, absolutely agree that the livery editor should have gotten a massive overhaul, as it's bizarre you still can't apply stickers on to windows and mirrors.

The lighting bit I can't agree with, since FM now looks gorgeous as it's ever been. What I do take issue with are the distance textures, a recent RT glitch, my first crash when changing into different cars, a random slow down in certain parts in the main menu, to name a few. FM is in a state many are likely to feel uncomfortable with. The updates NEEDS to be substantial in QOL, fixes etc. It's pretty much in the same lane as GT7 at launch atm, so T10 better get crackin'.

And no, this is not me agreeing with the overally negative reception, nor any reviews posted. But more so my experience hopefully similar to others that should be addressed.

Oh, and most importantly. The car levels should transferred over to duplicates. No reason for T10 to choose the opposite.

Last edited:

I agree with many points he's put here. There's something to be said about the social features that used to be in motorsport, and I've just got to wonder, what happened? It feels like we never recovered from the massive downgrades that came with FM5 in that regard. I remember loving the club features especially, does anybody know if clubs are still even ingame?

Alongside all these things, painters have been asking for additional QOL and features for years at this point, and it's baffling to me we didn't even get some of the improvements made in FH5. My painting career isn't exactly big or anything but I probably won't be touching the livery editor until there's some real changes made; it's just absolute bollocks to use sometimes.

Last edited:
They have the tire model down beautifully and they have the 19 different racing lines for the AI and the physics seem to be really good.

My impression is that the things that most people are complaining about can easily be fixed. It can't be that difficult to identify a race car and realize it's already been upgraded and then allow those upgrades for that same exact car no matter how many times it's purchased, can it?

As far as a replay system goes, I hate it. PC2 from 2017 had a brilliant replay system. I wasn't going to mention it as a negative until somebody else did but it does irritate the daylights out of me

The biggest issues I have are just things they could have asked PGG for. The difference in UX is astounding between the two and if they worked together on stuff that's basically universal to the franchise I'm betting both series would see a massive leap in quality.

edit: For example, why do I have to submit a bug report that Photo Mode is basically unusable on an ultrawide? Horizon hasn't had this issue going all the way back to FH3. There's other aspects of FH's ultrawide experience I could nitpick but photo mode has been solved for almost 7 years...

Last edited:
It's called the Builders Cup so motorsport cars wouldn't really fit.

I assume they will add new events with Motorsport cars in the Featured category over time though.
They kept shouting their main focus was going to be the motorsport aspect and then there is none to be found in their singleplayer content. It is one of the examples of how there is absolutely no vision in the whole development of the game. I would say the only positive thing I could find was the atmosphere of the tracks. All the other aspects were either just plain cringeworthy bad up to so-so.

Yes. There are none. Also the selection of cars in the game is so sad, uninspired and without a vision behind the whole thing. Copy paste mix FM7 and FH5
I must be a really lame person to be having so much fun driving all these uninspiring cars.

I assume they will add new events with Motorsport cars in the Featured category over time though.

There is an LMP race in the upcoming featured category right now.

The qualifier race in multiplayer uses the Civic Type R race car. And there are a few multiplayer events using motorsport vehicles.

Last edited:
Digging the game so far, though, some things are baffling to me like the upgrade system, forced practice laps instead of qualifying and some minor gripes here and there. But overall, its fun and that's what I'm into. Game certainly looks amazing in certain weather conditions.

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on the '95 Porsche 993 GT2 to see how it looked because it needed an updated model even in FH5. It's been improved in ways, such as the wheels being better colored but sadly it carried over the issue with the side skirts and rear bumper.

That is, the side skirts and rear bumper on the real car are two pieces with the bottom part being black trim, whereas the game has them in one, body color piece. Real car for reference.
porsche-911-993-gt2-1995-528876.jpg

And the game. This can be solved with some decals, at least.
5b3fb6a3-3138-4fd7-9f04-bb0584d43351 (1).png

Do like that they updated the interior so they have the painted sport back seats, but a shame they do not change with the color of the exterior so they are always blue.
c7cd1b67-09d6-496e-bee8-257d7988c229.png

Yes. There are none. Also the selection of cars in the game is so sad, uninspired and without a vision behind the whole thing. Copy paste mix FM7 and FH5

I don’t mind the overall selection, but what the hell is up with not actually utilising the list?

I’m so bored of hearing this lame excuse from people defending the game. I’m trying so hard to enjoy it but seriously, a game titled Motorsport, that has, currently, zero Motorsport in the career mode. None. That is just such a stupid decision.

I must be a really lame person to be having so much fun driving all these uninspiring cars.

There is an LMP race in the upcoming featured category right now.

The qualifier race in multiplayer uses the Civic Type R race car. And there are a few multiplayer events using motorsport vehicles.

So there’s an upcoming race which isn’t available yet and the online qualifier. Oh well that’s fine then.

Seriously, what is up with this? “Oh but you can race anything in free play” yeah cool, I can. I can make up for the stupid decision and lazy game design by just doing it myself.

So there’s an upcoming race which isn’t available yet and the online qualifier. Oh well that’s fine then.

Seriously, what is up with this? “Oh but you can race anything in free play” yeah cool, I can. I can make up for the stupid decision and lazy game design by just doing it myself.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 164115.png

Screenshot 2023-10-06 164202.png

Why am I having to post such easy to find Motorsport races for someone that is apparently trying to so hard to have fun doing motorsport races?

The career mode will continue to evolve and be added to over time, this is already known.

They likely wanted a focus on more normal vehicles before people jumped into race cars; non-race cars still make up the majority of the car list.

Last edited:
Back