Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,441 comments
I don’t mind the overall selection, but what the hell is up with not actually utilising the list?

I’m so bored of hearing this lame excuse from people defending the game. I’m trying so hard to enjoy it but seriously, a game titled Motorsport, that has, currently, zero Motorsport in the career mode. None. That is just such a stupid decision.

So there’s an upcoming race which isn’t available yet and the online qualifier. Oh well that’s fine then.

Seriously, what is up with this? “Oh but you can race anything in free play” yeah cool, I can. I can make up for the stupid decision and lazy game design by just doing it myself.
Not to say anything about the AI they seemed to be so lyric about. If I would come up with something like that, no way I would be daring enough to put it in the game. It is just so far away from bringing a good race experience. They are driving like crap, they spread out massively in the space of 2 laps, when they are near you they show all kinds of weird moves. It feels like in all these years they never really tried the game for themselves.

Digging the game so far, though, some things are baffling to me like the upgrade system, forced practice laps instead of qualifying and some minor gripes here and there. But overall, its fun and that's what I'm into. Game certainly looks amazing in certain weather conditions.
I'm not trying to defend the bad decisions they made and I know you said it was a minor gripe, but practice laps aren't really forced on the player as there's an option to skip practice if you exit. I don't miss qualifying in single player. The system which lets you choose your starting position works for me although it's less realistic.

The game works out what your finish position is likely to be based on your practice lap time (if you didn't skip it) and lets you choose how much of a challenge you want. It gives players who don't want to hotlap to determine their start position the option of starting further up or down the pack if that's their thing while allowing others who want to start at their quali position the option to set that if they want.

I wish there was a way to share my saved replays to non players without a capture device. I managed to finish a race with level 5 AI starting from position 14 without being brake checked or rammed and none of the AI drove off track or were so far ahead I couldn't catch up with them by driving hard. The P1 battle in the final lap was a last minute inside pass which nearly didn't come off. It's too bad this experience doesn't seem to be typical for most people who've posted about it here, though.

I invite anyone who's interested to search for it in the game under my gamertag UKMikeyA, it's shared under the name 911@TheGlen. I'll see if I can capture the last few minutes using the console's DVR if I can.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to defend the bad decisions they made and I know you said it was a minor gripe, but practice laps aren't really forced on the player as there's an option to skip practice if you exit.
Didn't know this was possible, thanks for that information.

OK, it is starting to really piss me off now. Outside of the massive list of missing features and QoL improvements from earlier titles - it's also pretty buggy. Raced some multiplayer tonight - first the game hung when installing a tune in the menu of a MP race, wouldn't get past a "Please wait" message. Waited three minutes without success = Alt F4.

Went back in, qualified first, and during the Intermission I needed to go back to Mediums for the race, and wouldn't you know it - crash to desktop.

Went in again, managed to race and finish a couple of races, then wanted to do something else. OK, let's do the E-Ray Rivals race at Maple Valley. After using Skip Lap a couple of times, most of the trackside objects disappeared, and then later on, the entire road surface. This has happened twice in career mode too. So I finished the session to be able to restart it - then it freezes on the loading screen.

Thanks T10, job well done! The respect for your studio has been on a steady decline since FM5. I even refunded FM7 Deluxe since it had such poor performance on PC back when it came out. Though funnily enough, it was never removed from my account, so I could keep playing it 🤷‍♂️

And this is from someone who owns every single Forza title ever released.

Last edited:
Anyone much to offer regards 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos
I use an 11.1.4 Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar, sub and rear speakers. My gaming position is slightly forward of my ideal Dolby Atmos bubble for movies. I've just done a night race in the rain at Catalunya and the sound was awesome.

I wish there was a way to share my saved replays to non players without a capture device. I managed to finish a race with level 5 AI starting from position 14 without being brake checked or rammed and none of the AI drove off track or were so far ahead I couldn't catch up with them by driving hard. The P1 battle in the final lap was a last minute pass which nearly didn't come off. It's too bad this experience doesn't seem to be typical for most people who've posted about it here, though.
Same here. I do the practice laps. I'm on Level 5 and put my starting position to 20. I've disabled rewinds so I can't go gung ho! By the last lap I'm fighting for podium. I've seen some AI gaffs but they have said this is a feature and AI will no longer hog the racing line.

I’m so bored of hearing this lame excuse from people defending the game. I’m trying so hard to enjoy it but seriously, a game titled Motorsport, that has, currently, zero Motorsport in the career mode. None. That is just such a stupid decision.

View attachment 1293126
View attachment 1293127

Why am I having to post such easy to find Motorsport races for someone that is apparently trying to so hard to have fun doing motorsport races?

The career mode will continue to evolve and be added to over time, this is already known.

They likely wanted a focus on more normal vehicles before people jumped into race cars; non-race cars still make up the majority of the car list.

Right, have a read of what I’m saying. Read my post again, there is ZERO motorsport races in career, none, nada. There are some upcoming, which you’ve handily pointed out, can’t do them though can we? See those padlocks at the top?

Also, featured multiplayer, great, still isn’t the aforementioned single player career mode is it. And yes, you’re right, career mode will get added to and it will evolve, so why the heck are they releasing it as a full priced game (and don’t give me that rubbish about it not being a full priced game, it is). I guess we should come back in, what, 6 months? When they’ve actually, you know, finished the game?

The last paragraph sums up the stupidity of it. We have races cars, we just don’t want you to use them or enjoy them yet. Go play free play and make your own races. I cannot stand that direction from developers, it’s lazy, dim witted and a waste.

If I recall, Gran Turismo 7 got dragged across the coals for a similar thing, not utilising it’s car list in the tiny amount of events we got.

Last edited:
It's called the Builders Cup so motorsport cars wouldn't really fit.

I assume they will add new events with Motorsport cars in the Featured category over time though.
Shouldn't that be something that was included at launch though? I feel like it's a bit of an odd decision to gear the game more towards motorsport, but only focus on cups catered to modified road cars. Like there should've been more of a split between road cars and race cars at launch.

Shouldn't that be something that was included at launch though? I feel like it's a bit of an odd decision to gear the game more towards motorsport, but only focus on cups catered to modified road cars. Like there should've been more of a split between road cars and race cars at launch.
Yes definitely. I would prefer to have 390 races at launch like FM7, instead of ~100 at launch and having to wait for 5 new races each week. But I guess it's because FM7 was pre-gamepass, and FM2023 is the new way forwards due to Gamepass?

Last edited:
Yes definitely. I would prefer to have 390 races at launch like FM7, instead of ~100 at launch and having to wait for 5 new races each week. But I guess it's because FM7 was pre-gamepass, and FM2023 is the new way forwards due to Gamepass?
God, I hope that's not the reason. I don't like the idea of holding back content they otherwise could've had at launch just for the sake of Gamepass, if that's the case anyway. It just comes off to me as scummy.

Still wouldn’t make sense. They’ve banged the drum of motorsport, tyre wear, compounds, pit strategy, dynamic weather and time of day. Where’s the races utilising that? GT7 was slated for exactly the same thing, the fact T10 have the same mistakes is baffling.

I've been enjoying Forza Motorsport well enough, but it's missing something that I can't quite pin point? It feels very dry and devoid of any excitement. Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport had a lot of style and passion behind it. This has none of that. I don't expect Forza Horizon levels of visually engaging the player, but this menu system has something about it that is exhausting and makes getting from race to race a complete chore.

On a more human note. Anybody know what happened to dan greenawalt? Has he been sick? Last time I saw him I was shocked I almost didnt recognize him. I really felt for him.

On a more human note. Anybody know what happened to dan greenawalt? Has he been sick? Last time I saw him I was shocked I almost didnt recognize him. I really felt for him.
I thought he didn't work at T-10 anymore, but moved over to Xbox. So still with Microsoft, but no longer involved with Forza? Looking tired is just his normal look though, dude is ultra busy.

I've been enjoying Forza Motorsport well enough, but it's missing something that I can't quite pin point? It feels very dry and devoid of any excitement. Xbox 360 Forza Motorsport had a lot of style and passion behind it. This has none of that. I don't expect Forza Horizon levels of visually engaging the player, but this menu system has something about it that is exhausting and makes getting from race to race a complete chore.
I think it is because although they said they redid everything, actually it is just more of the old same. there is no freshness, it feels to me they don't even want to continue anymore. it is a kind of autopilot scramble of past elements and they hope it will be kinda good enough so people will swallow it. they are not really proud about their product. it is just all sales talks.

I think it is because although they said they redid everything, actually it is just more of the old same. there is no freshness, it feels to me they don't even want to continue anymore. it is a kind of autopilot scramble of past elements and they hope it will be kinda good enough so people will swallow it. they are not really proud about their product. it is just all sales talks.
This is it, you worded my thoughts that I had a tough time finding the words for.

I thought he didn't work at T-10 anymore, but moved over to Xbox. So still with Microsoft, but no longer involved with Forza? Looking tired is just his normal look though, dude is ultra busy.
Dan is the General Manager for Forza Motorsport at T10, appeared on September's Forza Monthly and has been busy giving interviews. Not sure where the idea came from that he left T10.

Last edited:
How many races were available at launch for FH2 & FH3 compared to FH4 & FH5? It's the way things are now. I completed all the initially available races in FH4 4 days after it was released.
I'm 15 hours into FM2023 and I'm having a ball with career, multiplayer and rivals. Go back to FH5 and jump off a cliff if you don't like FM2023 :lol:

Dan is the General Manager for Forza Motorsport at T10, appeared on September's Forza Monthly and has been busy giving interviews. Not sure where the idea came from that he left T10.

Yea that's where I saw him. I was shocked and worried about his health, seriously.

How many races were available at launch for FH2 & FH3 compared to FH4 & FH5? It's the way things are now. I completed all the initially available races in FH4 4 days after it was released.
I'm 15 hours into FM2023 and I'm having a ball with career, multiplayer and rivals. Go back to FH5 and jump off a cliff if you don't like FM2023 :lol:

They’re not really comparable, completely different styles of racing game, completely different.

View attachment 1293126
View attachment 1293127

Why am I having to post such easy to find Motorsport races for someone that is apparently trying to so hard to have fun doing motorsport races?

The career mode will continue to evolve and be added to over time, this is already known.

They likely wanted a focus on more normal vehicles before people jumped into race cars; non-race cars still make up the majority of the car list.
That’s what I want to see. That Touring Car Series. If there are positive reviews and take son that, it may get me to spend some money.

You're projecting your own disappointment onto them.
Forza Motorsport 4 launched with almost 1000 races.
And none of the titles have matched that since in the last 12 years.

I agree with some of DJS’ points here, interesting to see him spell it all out:

The man is a legend in the Forza community, and this is the top response 😂 head needs a wobble.

SmartSelect_20231006_234657_Samsung Internet.jpg

The man is a legend in the Forza community, and this is the top response 😂 head needs a wobble.

View attachment 1293147
Being a legend does not make your opinion absolute or that the game should be designed around your opinion.

They built this upgrading system based on the statistics or how people actually play the game, generally people use 10 or so cars.

I've been playing Forza since day one of the original Forza Motorsport; I don't expect the game to be built around me or what I want. You'll find quite a few veterans of the series that have been around since then.

The opinion of those I've talked to is back and forth on the upgrade system but they really like the game.

Last edited:
It's funny seeing all of the people compare this to Forza Motorsport 4, considering if the game was an exact copy of said game there would be even more complaints about Forza being the exact same as a previous title.

I will say that I do agree with Don's point about the leveling system, I feel like we should atleast be able to transfer points from one car to another as there are some cars I am essentially forced to use in Career mode that I have 0 desire to use after the said races that have over 1000 points that would be better suited to a car that I actually want to tune. That alone would free up alot of the complaints as you would still have to work for the points but atleast it will make it easier to build cars.

Being a legend does not make your opinion absolute or that the game should be designed around your opinion.

They built this upgrading system based on the statistics or how people actually play the game, generally people use 10 or so cars.

I've been playing Forza since day one of the original Forza Motorsport; I don't expect the game to be built around me or what I want. You'll find quite a few veterans of the series that have been around since then.

The opinion of those I've talked to is back and forth on the upgrade system but they really like the game.
Its more the first line, "don't play it then" that tickled me.

Moving back to content for a minute....

I have a feeling that there are some real differences between PC and Xbox Series X, and wonder if you guys see it too:
1. The clouds/skybox looks slightly higher resolution on PC than on XSX
2. The grass textures look slightly higher resolution on the XSX than PC (although the lack of 3d grass as a whole is very disappointing when coming from the wonders of 3d grass in FH4 and FH5)

I wonder if this is deliberate or if things will be changed in forthcoming patches?

I recommend watching Rockinchimp's thoughts on the launch car list for Forza Motorsport. I get that it's a change in direction to focus more on racecars and performance cars, but I still miss the car variety that previous Forza Motorsport games had.

Latest Posts

Back