Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,443 comments
Pay close attention to the camber and elevation of the road and you'll notice that it's the exact same as Forza 4.
That doesn't mean they didn't redo the track. Like the cars, they could've used their original source material.

But, that sounds like such a minimal thing to notice if I have to pay close attention to see it. The track environment is clearly redone & up to current standards, and the track itself passes.

I can't praise this game anymore. I just had to rage quit and I'm not restarting my Xbox all weekend

Was doing the track day races and they were brutal. Race two was at suzuka and it took me six tries just finish 4th

Race 3, I believe, was at lime Rock. I restarted that race 13 times

I started in 12th position and before turn one I was manhandled and run off the road 12 times!

Attempt 13 was a monumental success as I made it to turn three before I was pushed off the road.

That was it for me. As Roberto Duran once said "no mas"

I don't know if all of a sudden I don't like this game or if that Subaru is a terrible car to drive or if the AI just decided out of the clear blue I was their mortal enemy.

It's possible this feeling will pass but right now I just want my money back and I never want to see this game again.

Last edited:
I like that they added ambilights in some cars.
Forza-Motorsport-7-10-2023-4-43-21.png

Forza-Motorsport-7-10-2023-4-41-52.png

I can't praise this game anymore. I just had to rage quit and I'm not restarting my Xbox all weekend

Was doing the track day races and they were brutal. Race two was at suzuka and it took me six tries just finish 4th

Race 3, I believe, was at lime Rock. I restarted that race 13 times

I started in 12th position and before turn one I was manhandled and run off the road 12 times!

Attempt 13 was a monumental success as I made it to turn three before I was pushed off the road.

That was it for me. As Roberto Duran once said "no mas"

I don't know if all of a sudden I don't like this game or if that Subaru is a terrible car to drive or if the AI just decided out of the clear blue I was their mortal enemy.

It's possible this feeling will pass but right now I just want my money back and I never want to see this game again.

It's a tilt moment. It happens, don't let it get to you. You should take a short break for now.

When you come back to it, assuming you're driving the S209 and have the upgrades suggested by the game, look at your Subaru's tire pressure. The default upgrade turns front tire pressure way too high for my liking, I had to drop it to about 37 psi for it to feel drivable.

Pay close attention to the camber and elevation of the road and you'll notice that it's the exact same as Forza 4.

You are one of those people that have build in laserscan eyeballs and claim to see differences on cars and tracks with their naked eye ? Give me a break... And welcome on my ignore list 😂

Last edited:
That doesn't mean they didn't redo the track. Like the cars, they could've used their original source material.

But, that sounds like such a minimal thing to notice if I have to pay close attention to see it. The track environment is clearly redone & up to current standards, and the track itself passes.
Oh it's noticeable all right.
Screenshot (71).png
Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (72).png
Screenshot (74).png

That doesn't change what I said. If anything, you've still displayed just how much of gigantic leap it's taken.
It shows how the scenery has evolved but not the actual track.

If it was remade and laser scanned, the camber changes on the tarmac would look like ACC and GT7, but it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
It shows how the scenery has evolved but not the actual track.

If it was remade and laser scanned, the camber changes on the tarmac would look like ACC and GT7, but it doesn't.
Which as I said, they possibly reused the same source material.

Digital Foundry has already explained T10 was not able to just port tracks over to FM2023 because of the tire model. So, clearly Suzuka was redone.

Which as I said, they possibly reused the same source material.

Digital Foundry has already explained T10 was not able to just port tracks over to FM2023 because of the tire model. So, clearly Suzuka was redone.
That's right, it was redone, not remade from scratch with a new laser scan.

That's right, it was redone, not remade from scratch with a new laser scan.
They didn't say the tracks were done with a new laser scan, and neither did you initially. You just said, "Suzuka Circuit is just a reskin of what we saw in Forza 4. I thought the old tracks were remade for this game". The track was remade for this game as again, DF has said in their preview build video regarding the tracks not being just ports; i.e remade.

Clearly there's a bit of confusion here so I think I should explain a few things:
-If something is remade, it means being made from the ground up without any of the existing assets.
-If something is redone, it means being overhauled from existing assets.
-If something is reskinned, it also means being overhauled from existing assets, right?

Clearly there's a bit of confusion here so I think I should explain a few things:
-If something is remade, it means being made from the ground up without any of the existing assets.
-If something is redone, it means being overhauled from existing assets.
-If something is reskinned, it also means being overhauled from existing assets, right?
A laser scan is literally just a blueprint. You can build an infinite number of things using a single blueprint, it doesn't make everything made after the first one a redone/reskinned version of the first. That would be like saying my work van, of which is probably like the 234,764th one made is just a rebuilt version of the first FCA work van made.

Why you've chosen to go down this road instead of the much easier to defend and understand "still using the same bad laser scan" road, I'll never know. But than again considering your history it's none too surprising.

Last edited:
A laser scan is literally just a blueprint. You can build an infinite number of things using a single blueprint, it doesn't make everything made after the first one a redone/reskinned version of the first. That would be like saying my work van, of which is probably like the 234,764th one made is just a rebuilt version of the first FCA work van made.

Why you've chosen to go down this road instead of the much easier to defend and understand "still using the same bad laser scan" road, I'll never know. But than again considering your history it's none too surprising.
I was only making an observation, it wasn't a criticism.

I'd like to ask the team at T10 why most of the cars seem to have a rearward brake bias by default...

Until you level up to be able to install better brakes, the rear is trying is trying to step out at every turn.

I don't see how that's a great experience, especially for those who are new to setting up cars...

Not to say anything about the AI they seemed to be so lyric about. If I would come up with something like that, no way I would be daring enough to put it in the game. It is just so far away from bringing a good race experience. They are driving like crap, they spread out massively in the space of 2 laps, when they are near you they show all kinds of weird moves. It feels like in all these years they never really tried the game for themselves.
I'm really surprised not to see more people talking about this. Maybe some difficulty levels are bugged and only a small minority of players is affected?

I use 6/8, am currently in the third series of the builders cup and can confidently say it's the worst AI I've seen in a AAA racing game.

Constantly rear-ending each other and me. Braking on straights and corner exits with no one around. One car just scraping along the entire lenght of the wall at homestead. Entire groups of cars all making the same mistake in the same corner and running of the track together.

Having to swerve to avoid the several cars just cruising along the straight at 20mph in practice really takes you out of the experience...

I do have to say that once you're up front and battling the leaders in the second half of the race, that part works amazingly well. But anything regarding lap 1 and pack racing is a hot mess, downright embarrassing.

It feels like they made an AI that's great at 1v1 racing the human player, but not designed to race against eachother. Really hope they can fix it because the potential is clearly there.

I looked back at the car list again and I find it rather odd on that there's not only very few newer GT race cars added, but Turn 10 also chose to drop a lot of the older ones aswell of all things. Outside of the 488 Challenge, Ferrari doesn't have any GT3 or GTE cars. Mercedes-Benz and Mclaren lost theirs, Lamborghini doesn't have its Gallardo and Huracan Super Trofeos anymore. They also choose to keep the 2014 Bentley Continental GT3 over the 2017 model that was added in FM7.

I like the Corvette C8.R, NSX GT3, and the R8 GT3 added at least, but I kinda wished other brands had their own GT3 or GTE cars here. I guess I can hope for the older GT3s or new GT3 & Es to come as future DLC, but still think it wasn't the best choice to not focus on them more.

I’ve been positive about this game but this morning I’m seriously considering requesting a refund. The regular crashes on menu screens are just a bit of a final straw. It’s not offering me anything other games don’t even when it works.

Moving back to content for a minute....

I have a feeling that there are some real differences between PC and Xbox Series X, and wonder if you guys see it too:
1. The clouds/skybox looks slightly higher resolution on PC than on XSX
2. The grass textures look slightly higher resolution on the XSX than PC (although the lack of 3d grass as a whole is very disappointing when coming from the wonders of 3d grass in FH4 and FH5)

I wonder if this is deliberate or if things will be changed in forthcoming patches?
I think perhaps their may be a future Ultra setting for textures, iirc think that option on PC only goes to high at present.

I managed to get the start of the race and the last thirty seconds or so. I'm sure this is by no means typical for many users (although I think most of my races have been like this) but even this launch AI seems to be capable of okay driving without piling up, arseramming or driving off track.

I don't think I could have made this P1 overtake using the old physics:

That looks pretty cool,nice bit of driving,that liverys smart too.Is the back end stepping out intentional or just the way the car handles,either way it looks good.Replays look ok to me as well,though some`influencer`over on twitter was saying;
The Replay Mode is the worst it's ever been.It is completely outdated and most of the time the cars are flying around in space.
Ive not had any of this with the replay mode,i agree its maybe not as polished as another certain title but to me its fine really,I also dont get why people bang on about FM4.It was the same as GT3,good at the time but now it looks bland and dated,anyway now ive said that im off to lock myself away safe from the pitchfork mob.
canvas.png

Last edited:
Okay, so, having refunded the game on Steam, I decided to buy it again to try some more stuff. 2 hours really isn't a lot of time to try stuff before refunding, but I've got the game into a tolerable state now.

My first bit of advice is to set your monitor to a refresh rate, in Windows, of the frame rate you want to target. In my case, I'm targeting 60fps, because with a 5800X3D CPU and 4080 GPU, the benchmark suggests targeting any higher than that won't be smooth. So I set my monitor refresh rate to 60hz, and setting the game to 60fps with vsync then successfully achieves a locked 60fps frame rate. This is obviously a very very long way from ideal, as first of all it's inconvenient to have to change the refresh rate for different games, and secondly, the monitor doesn't run as well when it's at a 60hz refresh rate as it would at 120hz, it would be much better to have the monitor running at 120hz, and the game running at 60fps, duplicating each frame and giving better refresh characteristics, but in the absence of the game having the ability to do that, it's a tolerable workaround to run the monitor at 60hz.

My second piece of advice is to go into the gameplay and hud section of the settings, scroll down to near the bottom, and turn off the camera motion effect setting. That setting makes the frame rate look juddery even when it's actually smooth. It makes 60fps look like 10fps. Turn it off and the game becomes a million times better. This setting being on, and me not knowing it was the cause of the problem, was probably the main thing that made me refund the game first time around.

My third piece of advice is to turn the assists off. Even if you select the most expert option it will still have sport traction and stability assists, and these absolutely kill the game's physics. When you turn them off, the game actually has very good physics, up there with ACC IMO, and noticeably better than FH5, but with them on the physics seem very mediocre.

I still hate the fact we have to level each individual car up before we can use it properly, and the performance of the game is still absolute garbage compared to where it should be, but having done the above, I can at least enjoy playing the game.

Back