Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
There have been a couple of times I've turned the game off and said I'm not playing it again but I keep coming back to it and having some fantastic races.

I can understand why some people love it and some people hate it because I'm only one person but I've had both of those emotions.
Yes, I have had mixed feelings as well. I even considered refunding it but since I was already way past the 2 hour mark of gametime I did not want to go through the trouble of it.

Glad I did not try that. The MP is were the fun is at. I have had some amazing races in MP. The penalty system works quite fair in my experience. I have had 2 sessions this week where I wanted to try MP for one race and ended up playing 3 hours straight. one more race, one more race I keep telling myself. :P

I can understand why some people love it and some people hate it because I'm only one person but I've had both of those emotions.
Same here. Game is really good sometimes... and then very very bad in other. I think physics also work as mixedbag. There are cars which I like to drive in Forza, and there are racing cars which are pure garbage in my opinion. LeMans Prototype shouldn't drift on LeMans xD

Qualified 2nd at Hakone. Fought off a furious turn 1 scrum and was overtaken with one lap to go.

That driver had 1 second worth of penalties so I thought I'll just stay as close as I can and not even attempt to battle because they had already pushed me once.

The best finish I've ever had racing online was 3rd in Gran Turismo but I'm not very fast, nor skilled enough to avoid people who wish me harm, so I almost never race online.

The reports of clean racing made me want to try it and although I got roughed up in an earlier race everybody else was very clean so I figured I would at least do the three qualifying races.

I'm sure my time wouldn't be a top five with most groups. I probably got fortunate, but it was a ton of fun

EDIT: I forgot that the main reason I wanted to post a picture was so everyone could see that although it may not be perfect, the penalty system must be working because there were numerous seconds worth of penalties in this race

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20231014_124401_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231014_124401_Gallery.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Guess mp is a bit of a lottery still, had pure rammers this morning, once the same guy rammed me twice - and got hardly any penalty. But some races this afternoon were much better, with people being patient or giving plenty of room. I'm not gonna win a race anytime soon, so I don't qualify now and just pick up the pieces from the back, even got an achievement for it.

the same guy rammed me twice - and got hardly any penalty
Is it possible the penalties are enforced in a more stringent manner in the first 3 qualifying races?

If you look at my screenshot everybody but two drivers had penalties and they were stiff penalties.. One guy had 9 seconds worth.

Is it possible the penalties are enforced in a more stringent manner in the first 3 qualifying races?

If you look at my screenshot everybody but two drivers had penalties and they were stiff penalties.. One guy had 9 seconds worth.
In my experience, large penalties like that are given when there's a large shortcut involved.

Taillights in general have seen rendering improvements for most cars, but I think the Lamborghini Espada has the single best taillights in the game, I mean just check these out!

How is that possible when on the last page someone stated that the car models look worse than in Horizon 5. Mysterious... 😅

Personally from what i have seen the car models look better in FM :cheers:

How is that possible when on the last page someone stated that the car models look worse than in Horizon 5. Mysterious... 😅

It's not helped by the fact that the game has shader issues, poor reflection resolution, much softer image due to the type of aa (and lack of a sharpness slider), washed out colors, a horrendously lit garage and something wrong with the paint under direct lighting (gloss paint looks matte).

Then there's the fact that certain elements of the headlights disappear or are improperly rendered, if you repeatedly go in and out of forzavista and the paint booth.

Very unfortunate because when these bugs don't affect the game, it looks a step above fh5. And that's with RTGi that will eventually come to the game. 🤞hope t10 can sort these bugs out asap, before adding/updating features.

Forgot to mention, the horrible wheel blur needs to go.

Last edited:
I don't really want to complain any more... many of the points that have been objected to so far have been put into perspective again or have been eliminated altogether with new knowledge and suggestions here from the Forum.

At the moment I'm a little frustrated because of the AI.
I have to restart every race several times because the Ai rams me off the track in the best crash kid manner.
I play depending on the track on Level 6 or 7... in Forza 7 you could set the aggressiveness of the AI.... is there possibly a setting that I am overlooking? is it because of my driving behavior? or is it the same for you?

Last edited:
I don't really want to complain any more... many of the points that have been objected to so far have been put into perspective again or have been eliminated altogether with new knowledge and suggestions here from the form.

At the moment I'm a little frustrated because of the AI.
I have to restart every race several times because the Ki rams me off the track in the best crash kid manner.
I play depending on the track on Level 6 or 7... in Forza 7 you could set the aggressiveness of the AI.... is there possibly a setting that I am overlooking? is it because of my driving behavior? or is it the same for you?
That's interesting. I play on level 4 AI (35%?) and don't get any ramming from the AI.

Also, I'm confused by the "Open Tour". I thought this was going to be German cars only this month based on that photo which showed the first month's events, so why is my MR2 and Subaru eligible in the first event...?

The car shaders and models are definitely improved. There are some bugged cars tho that are missing parts (grills, bodykit,..). But in general the models, shaders and textures are improved compared to any previous Forza.

So, I cannot figure out how some drivers are getting these crazy lap times in multiplayer. Just did another Touring Car race on Suzuka, this time using the Golf GTi TCR. I was able to put down a low 2:15 in qualifying, which got me 3rd place for the start. The pole-sitter, however, was able to lay down a 2:11 laptime in the Audi RS3 TCR. Come the actual 7-lap race, the same driver immediately pulls away, and ends up winning with a ~20 second margin over 2nd. Their best race lap was another high 2:11 time.

Obviously tuning and driver skill plays a significant role, but it's things like this that make me wish division-specific Rivals were a thing, just so I can see where people are saving times on these tracks in the same car.

So, I cannot figure out how some drivers are getting these crazy lap times in multiplayer. Just did another Touring Car race on Suzuka, this time using the Golf GTi TCR. I was able to put down a low 2:15 in qualifying, which got me 3rd place for the start. The pole-sitter, however, was able to lay down a 2:11 laptime in the Audi RS3 TCR. Come the actual 7-lap race, the same driver immediately pulls away, and ends up winning with a ~20 second margin over 2nd. Their best race lap was another high 2:11 time.

Obviously tuning and driver skill plays a significant role, but it's things like this that make me wish division-specific Rivals were a thing, just so I can see where people are saving times on these tracks in the same car.
From the examples you've given I don't think this necessarily applies, but there are some big time speed exploits going around that will hopefully be fixed soon. There is one that players discovered that carried over from Forza 7.

Last edited:

I had someone pulling 2:09s in an RS3 just a few minutes ago... I suspect there's some cheating going on.

From the examples you've given I don't think this necessarily applies, but there are some big time speed exploits going around that will hopefully be fixed soon. There is one that players discovered that carried over from Forza 7.
I've heard about some of them, which is why I've been sticking to the Featured Multiplayer events rather than jumping into the open lobbies.
I had someone pulling 2:09s in an RS3 just a few minutes ago... I suspect there's some cheating going on.
The thought has crossed my mind, but I've always been used to seeing much more obvious cheats in racing games, so I didn't put much thought into it.

I will say, I've also had a few lobbies where someone puts down a blatantly unachievable quali time, and in every case the practice session ends early, and when it moves to the actual race, the perpetrator is usually nowhere to be found. Either I've just gotten weirdly lucky, or it's some new anti-cheat that T10 has implemented.

I've heard about some of them, which is why I've been sticking to the Featured Multiplayer events rather than jumping into the open lobbies.

The thought has crossed my mind, but I've always been used to seeing much more obvious cheats in racing games, so I didn't put much thought into it.

I will say, I've also had a few lobbies where someone puts down a blatantly unachievable quali time, and in every case the practice session ends early, and when it moves to the actual race, the perpetrator is usually nowhere to be found. Either I've just gotten weirdly lucky, or it's some new anti-cheat that T10 has implemented.
I qualified 4th with a 2:14 in the Civic and said person who was doing 2:09s in practice didn't even qualify and started at the back, by the end of the 4th lap he was 2nd.

There is something weird going on with the tire wear multiplier however. It's widely known by now the Veloster is pretty bad on tire wear, but so far I've tried the Golf, the Civic and the Veloster and none of them can get through a complete race even on hards.

I think I've had my fill of this 🤬 for the rest of the weekend. I'll play this sporadically for the same reasons I did FH5: the AI aggravates me to the point where all I want to do is turn everything into a destruction derby; racing them isn't fun, nor is it challenging or engaging in any way, shape or form. Racing, in and of itself, isn't fun as a result.

"Play in an MP lobby, T! It's much more fun." I'm sure it is but I've never been much of an online racer unless it's with people I know. Not really something I'm bothered by because I know what I want from single player and this isn't it. Not the way it is now.

I think I've had my fill of this 🤬 for the rest of the weekend. I'll play this sporadically for the same reasons I did FH5: the AI aggravates me to the point where all I want to do is turn everything into a destruction derby; racing them isn't fun, nor is it challenging or engaging in any way, shape or form. Racing, in and of itself, isn't fun as a result.

"Play in an MP lobby, T! It's much more fun." I'm sure it is but I've never been much of an online racer unless it's with people I know. Not really something I'm bothered by because I know what I want from single player and this isn't it. Not the way it is now.
This could sound like an awful idea but there's an option to turn off collisions between cars in singleplayer, even in career mode. I mean sure, it takes out the immersion but if it can avoid frustration...

This could sound like an awful idea but there's an option to turn off collisions between cars in singleplayer, even in career mode. I mean sure, it takes out the immersion but if it can avoid frustration...
There is? Holy crap that's definitely worth a try. 👍

I'm with you, brotha.

I thought giving the AI 19 racing lines would make the crash fest of FM7 a thing of the past, since they only had three racing lines to use.

Well, they may have 19 racing lines but they're dumb as he**

I'm trying to complete the first race in the built to race series at Mid Ohio. I've restarted seven times and only took a pause because I didn't want to throw expletives all over the house.

EDIT: after 4 more failed attempts, I'm exhausted and beyond frustrated.

I'm going to fire up GT7 and ACC on my PS5. I might even fire up PC2

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back