Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I feel like we're retreading the same ground as GT7 at launch; albeit with different people and it being about understeer, not oversteer.

Some of you are even saying the same things. :lol:
I'm not sure if you're talking about my post but try a MR car like the SW20 MR2 or F50. Mid engine cars tend to do better with what seems to be the "blanket" default tunes.

Tried the wheel for the first time and managed to get some workable settings. After being on pad with Forza for so long the new physics with the wheel give me more confidence on how I can place the car into the corners instead of fighting with the stick.

Tip for those trying to do a multi-class custom race:

I've only ran 2 classes though it may work with more, if you run say Forza GT and LMP1 and mainly LMP1 cars are showing, go to the car class that is showing the least and on the minimum allowed section make it 12 or however many of that class you want to be present.
I tried that yesterday and it didn't do anything, I tried to set it for 6/18 but it kept giving me 12/12 so I just gave up... If you got it to work though maybe it's worth fooling around with it again.

Oh well that first week was amazing now mp is the same old Forza :lol:
I've been wondering if I've been playing a different game the whole time, literally from day 1 early access every multiplayer game I've been in has been just like FM7 where sometimes the lobby isn't too bad, sometimes it's a mess, basically all of the time the top 3 or so are alright, the midfield is full of people only half know what they are doing and are messy(but not necessarily malicious), and the tail has people who look like they have never seen the track before and fly off randomly and that end up getting lapped at the end. Every lobby I've been in I have either seen someone deliberately hitting people or heard someone in my party complaining about it happening. Been S/4900~ for ratings the whole time, so it's not like I should be stuck in bad lobbies, although some of my friends have A safety rank so I'm not sure how that impacts our lobby placement when we are grouped up... Still A rank shouldn't be that bad when it goes down to E rank.

It has been funny watching people try to learn about tire wear after all of these Forzas where they never had to think about it. Leads to a lot of people losing tons of spots on the last lap when their tires fall off the cliff, as well as a bunch of rage when they realize they are screwed and drivers who did 6 or 7 clean laps suddenly start trying to push you off when you try to pass them on their ruined tires.

There is a bunch of zero IQ racing out there too, was doing a race at Catalunya last night in the touring cars, caught someone on the final lap who had obviously ruined their tires, drove around them in one corner easy and then they tried to out brake me at the next corner for some reason, pushed us both off the track. I was able to hold onto 2nd but they fell back to 7th or something by the end of the lap. If someone drives around you mid-corner your tires are obviously done so going for a dive only loses you more time. If they had just focused on driving tidy to the end their gap was good enough to hold onto 3rd probably.

Last edited:
That's...not a great statement after everything that's gone on.
Acta, non verba - I'm far more interested in reading the changelog for the patch that's supposedly coming in a week than a more apologetic community note.

And after all, there's not much to be said about bugs - they already have a list of known issues, they just need to open a can of bug spray and go to town. I don't think we're going to see significant adjustments to the gameplay loop until 2024; if anything, because they'll want to make sure how to recalibrate the most criticized aspects of the game (i.e. the career mode) so that they won't have to do it again.

Sounds like a memory leak. If you have an OSD handy, check that and see.
A new Forza game and memory leak issues, name a more iconic duo... :lol:

There is a memory leak, DF have covered this. when you are swapping assets fast its starts to stutter the whole time. You need to restart the game and it will be smooth again. Things like this shouldn't be a issue for a game thats been developed for atleast 4 years. How did they not test stuff like this is beyond my mind.
The game shipped with several rather significant issues with LOD culling and memory leaks; not to mention that there is a rather significant numbers of PC players that can't launch the game at all despite their PC meeting the minimum requirements for the game. There's no way all that made it past MS's certification, let alone QA.

I'm starting to suspect the apparent indecision about the car list, which was amended several times - probably up to the launch of the game - may have played a role in this chaotic launch. Forza Motorsport has apparently "gone gold" the same day preloading started. If they borked up the gold master, they would've had maybe two weeks to figure it out and ship out a comprehensive day one patch.

Of course, it's also very likely T10 just delayed the announcement of the game going gold, and they just don't have sufficient QA procedures. But even for somebody who has very little faith in T10, such a level of sheer negligence seems unlikely.

Acta, non verba - I'm far more interested in reading the changelog for the patch that's supposedly coming in a week than a more apologetic community note.

And after all, there's not much to be said about bugs - they already have a list of known issues, they just need to open a can of bug spray and go to town. I don't think we're going to see significant adjustments to the gameplay loop until 2024; if anything, because they'll want to make sure how to recalibrate the most criticized aspects of the game (i.e. the career mode) so that they won't have to do it again.

A new Forza game and memory leak issues, name a more iconic duo... :lol:

The game shipped with several rather significant issues with LOD culling and memory leaks; not to mention that there is a rather significant numbers of PC players that can't launch the game at all despite their PC meeting the minimum requirements for the game. There's no way all that made it past MS's certification, let alone QA.

I'm starting to suspect the apparent indecision about the car list, which was amended several times - probably up to the launch of the game - may have played a role in this chaotic launch. Forza Motorsport has apparently "gone gold" the same day preloading started. If they borked up the gold master, they would've had maybe two weeks to figure it out and ship out a comprehensive day one patch.

Of course, it's also very likely T10 just delayed the announcement of the game going gold, and they just don't have sufficient QA procedures. But even for somebody who has very little faith in T10, such a level of sheer negligence seems unlikely.
I have found even something more shocking. Im gonna check this out first but if this is true than Turn 10 really FU!

Just have a look how the pc version is missing trees, foliage and grass compared to the xbox version.
47.jpg

43.jpg

Last edited:
The first pic is pretty clear, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the second pic. Is it that the PC version isn't sufficiently improved over Xbox Quality mode or is there a significant difference I'm missing?

The first pic is pretty clear, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the second pic. Is it that the PC version isn't sufficiently improved over Xbox Quality mode or is there a significant difference I'm missing?
Start counting from left and look between second and third fence. You will notice more foliage in the Xbox version. The game on pc is missing trees, grass and foliage even maxed out compared to Xbox Series X visual mode. I compared it myself to be sure that he didn't mess up something. And its exactly like his comparison, trees, grass and foliage is missing in the pc version. We need to somehow send this to Turn 10 so they can fix it.

47.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-14-10-2023-2-45-38.jpg

Why is there a counter-steering assist? I don't think I've ever noticed it this blatantly as I always happened to be countering in the direction (that explains the sudden snap oversteer though, doesn't it? un-🤬-believable), but as I'm driving the 911 around VIR I lose control of the car, and by itself it counter-steers to the right with zero input from me.

I have found even something more shocking. Im gonna check this out first but if this is true than Turn 10 really FU!

Just have a look how the pc version is missing trees, foliage and grass compared to the xbox version.
47.jpg

43.jpg
You can set different levels of track detail on PC. It's like that on a lot of Sims too.

Last edited:
Why is there a counter-steering assist? I don't think I've ever noticed it this blatantly as I always happened to be countering in the direction (that explains the sudden snap oversteer though, doesn't it? un-🤬-believable), but as I'm driving the 911 around VIR I lose control of the car, and by itself it counter-steers to the right with zero input from me.
It's a weird thing that's set to 100% by default but can be disabled, it's at the bottom of one of the controller settings pages IIRC.

Are you on controller or wheel?

It's a weird thing that's set to 100% by default but can be disabled, it's at the bottom of one of the controller settings pages IIRC.
Self Alignment? I think I have that turned down already.

Hm. Though I have messed with deadzone settings several dozen times trying to find what I like so it's possible it's been reset and I neglected to fix it. :lol:

Are you on controller or wheel?
Primarly pad, at the moment. Haven't really got into tweaking my wheel yet.

I drove a few cars around Hakone last night and boy is it fun. It feels like a combination of Watkins Glen and Kyoto Driving Park, with some really fast corners that provide an excellent flow. Way better than some of the crap that PD have come up with in recent times.

So I threw on Adrenalin 23.10.1 (from the AFMF preview driver I've had since it released; need to try the updated preview) and seeing as it supports FM now, the performance uptick is very noticeable. At 1440p, 125% render resolution (so effectively...3200x1800, if my math is mathing) with full RT reflections and RTAO set to high, I can hold 60 in the benchmark without breaking a sweat.

I'm still turning RT off because the noise is god awful, but that's nice. 👍

Why on earth can we not enable RTAO on its own? The sooner RTGI is made available, the better. Hypothetically. :lol:

I've being playing(seriesX) FM for few Days now and so far I like it alot!
The Car-Physics are similar to GT7.
This is my first ever FM game, so my expectations were kind of high because I used to play GT for years...
I like the Builders Cup a lot, it is a different kind of a Career experience.
It's just a beginning(for me) for a long Journey hopefully !
I guess the Game will be getting better and better with Time.

Last edited:
I mentioned that in my post, turn it off in advanced controller settings, at the very bottom (automatic steering alignment)

Edit: see other people already suggested it.

Edit Edit: there's still some kind of hidden help/damping/counter steer behind the scenes because even with dead zones set to min/max all cars still feel about 2x their actual weight to drive, it feels sluggish. It's not that much better using the simulation setting either but you get a bit more freedom to mess up.

Last edited:

I believe that’s the normal steering mode? Try sim steering mode and see if it disappears.

I've been wondering if I've been playing a different game the whole time, literally from day 1 early access every multiplayer game I've been in has been just like FM7
My experience from the first week to now is night and day. Gone from other players being patient and giving room to getting rammed or side swiped every race.
You have to give the systems in place time to work.

These guys crashing and ramming are going to quickly destroy their safety ratings.
Well, it would help if the penalty system actually worked at times, how can it not pick up on someone not slowing down or attempting to turn at the end of a straight because they just want to take you out. And I wish they'd open up other classes in the meantime, so I could try and get a clean race for once in the 'boring' lower classes.

So for my fellow pc players, PLEASE READ and give you opinion so i know i am not getting crazy.....

Just booted Horzion 5 today for the new Cayman GT4 RS and i am not crazy when i say that game loooks MUTCH better? Carmodels are so much nicer and something is not okay with the reflections in Motorsport. Look at the wheels and brake disc for example in Horizon 5 and then in Motorsport. Olso Forza Vista is extremely nicer on Horizon then in Motosport...... i hope its just bugs etc because i like Motrosport alot but the diffrenace in Graphics is strangely high if you ask me.........

So I clicked L3 and R3 and accepted the truth - this game was made to be played on controller.

Is this at the expense of those who have invested in wheels - yes. Was it fun to play on the controller - also yes (albeit in a particular use case - the Ferrari 641. The Cadillac V-Series also handled as expected. I tried the Porsche 919 and it still had that weird mid corner sudden oversteer trait and the KTM GT2 still handled like a nightmare around VIR).

Moving my racing rig back to where my PS5 is, up until there's demonstrable proof that they've improved the way wheels work with Forza on PC.

So for my fellow pc players, PLEASE READ and give you opinion so i know i am not getting crazy.....

Just booted Horzion 5 today for the new Cayman GT4 RS and i am not crazy when i say that game loooks MUTCH better? Carmodels are so much nicer and something is not okay with the reflections in Motorsport. Look at the wheels and brake disc for example in Horizon 5 and then in Motorsport. Olso Forza Vista is extremely nicer on Horizon then in Motosport...... i hope its just bugs etc because i like Motrosport alot but the diffrenace in Graphics is strangely high if you ask me.........
It's not you. FH5 looks better, even when trying to max settings as much as my PC can handle, it doesn't look sharp enough, everything looks washed out, as if (at least by default) contrast and brightness are off-balanced, it's hard to describe.

Anyway, waiting for the first patch. I still can't play the game, the popping is simply a deal-breaker, it's unplayable. I tried all suggestions, even lowering the track details to low, nothing works, hopefully after the patch at least I'll be able to play at all...

Last edited:

Not only looks better but sounds better.

There have been a couple of times I've turned the game off and said I'm not playing it again but I keep coming back to it and having some fantastic races.

I can understand why some people love it and some people hate it because I'm only one person but I've had both of those emotions.

Really seems like this is a buggy, botched release by Turn10.
[*]Low ranking on Xbox most played list US (#34), really bad for a new "free" game on gamepass

List hasnt updated yet, still has early acess data only
I think it update on sunday, Also the early acess had a good number in all regions, in all Forza is on top paid games

Latest Posts

Back