Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I like those more sublte bodykits. One thing i still wish to get back are the race diffusor options for every car like in FM2. So i could turn every car in a proper race car again ^^

Last edited:
It feels nothing like Forza Horizon 5, attempting to drive cars like FH5 will quickly put you in a wall.
For me on the controller it feels very similar, and I haven’t ended up in any walls (at least not because of my driving).

Do you play with a wheel? I’ve heard that the game is very artificially difficult to play with a wheel and that drastic changes to the settings have to be made to make the game playable with one.

Personally i find it easier with wheel like with the Honda TCR in the Qualifier events. Saw many people spinning vs perfect control of the car with wheel. The precision you get with a wheel is unbeatable imo.

Imo the Nr 1 thing that do people wrong with wheel is to drive with way too low steering angle and the lower it is the more tricky it's to drive. Set it to 900 degrees and the game does the rest. Fits perfect in comparision to the sims i drive since 10 years.

Last edited:
The Drivatar names are just people on your friends list. I guess as my friends list is about three people, other criteria may also be used - like GTP club members?

I've often wondered if there's any avenue for defamation involved with them. After all, they drive like complete spanners and they have your name above. I'm sure if someone put together a "dirty driver" compilation of races (from single-player races, but without making it clear it was single-player races) in which your Xbox name featured a lot but you never did those races, you're being defamed by actions taken in your name by an impersonator...
A bit like the drivatars in GT7,I remember the complaints in the beginning about some of them especially on Tokyo 12 laps.

@meganinja Exactly,younger people may watch the`influencers`and hang on there every word,so they miss out thinking the game is that bad.Unfortunately it seems to be the way of social media.The ones that really irritate me are the ones who say the game is great,etc best blah blah,then the next day its poor,unplayable then a few days later declare its the best since sliced bread!I dont buy a game based on what youtubers say,but i do respect the opinions of the better ones and enjoy there videos. 👍

Regarding the monthly tours,on the forza website it says;
small_FM_Live_Program_Update01_Career_3840x2160_EN_1b1c63c9d3.jpg

These series do not have to be completed in a particular week – you have until 2 weeks after the end of the entire tour to complete it; this gives players more flexibility to enjoy the content at their own pace.
So technically you have 6 weeks to complete each monthly?

Last edited:
Had a little go last night & hmm, yeah this game is a mess.

It needs patching sooner rather than later.

Default controller settings are crap, I thought something was off so I looked in advanced settings & the dead zones are stupidly high so that all got changed min 0, max 100 along with the automatic steering alignment??? That got put down to 0, now it feels more direct (haven't tried my ts xw yet).

AI are well.... Couldn't care less as I can't see myself playing single player, when I get another chance I'll jump into multiplayer because what I've seen so far it looks good.

Bugs so far....
All cars ghosted in race even though settings were to allow collisions & damage even on expert settings. Had to restart the game to clear that.

Windows edge browser cursor on screen even though I never use it to search online via my SX. Another restart to clear that.

So far only one dashboard crash. But considering that was within a couple of hours well..

Gave up last night after a fuel bug that I couldn't clear where no matter what amount of fuel I put in car the menu couldn't recalculate it & I would run out of fuel after 2 laps even with 100% fuel load.

Tracks are good (I know more are coming).

Car selection looks right up my street with a good mix of everything.

Weather/tod always a bonus.

FOV adjustments is nice to have (although it would be nice to move seat position as well) I believe it's set like AC as in vertical not like PC2 which is horizontal.

Handling does what it needs to (understeer/oversteer/weight distribution etc) no real threat of losing control even with all aids off, unless you purposely drive like an idiot to do so.

Don't like the fact that you cant tune (not modify) a rented race car, street cars I understand but a Porsche 911 rsr gt3/e is tunable out the factory so why can't I adjust settings for a race without buying the car.

Overall at the moment I give this game 50/100 straight down the middle, I'm very undecided about it. Like someone already said it's got an identity crisis, it doesn't know what it wants to be. Reminds me of what people were saying about PC3, They're are sim elements but then other design decisions are executed badly. At least you can pit though.

Like I said I haven't tried it online or used my wheel yet but I think that's where I'll be spending most of my time, as it looks like a crossbreed of the original GRID & PC2 which I enjoyed the hell out of online, but yeah single player doesn't exist it's dead to me, no interest.

Edit: looking left/right while in cockpit view makes it look like you're going uphill constantly???

Last edited:
I've often wondered if there's any avenue for defamation involved with them. After all, they drive like complete spanners and they have your name above. I'm sure if someone put together a "dirty driver" compilation of races (from single-player races, but without making it clear it was single-player races) in which your Xbox name featured a lot but you never did those races, you're being defamed by actions taken in your name by an impersonator...
When the first avatars appeared in Forza in multiplayer (first avatar was in a b-spec like mode), there were a way to see a gauge of reputation on Xbox, and, if I remember well, mine took a small hit without me playing online.

Exactly,younger people may watch the`influencers`and hang on there every word,so they miss out thinking the game is that bad.Unfortunately it seems to be the way of social media
Not younger people, anyone
A exemple of it is the fake talk that T10 had worked in this game for 6 years, not just ingoring the fact FM7 had 2 years of updates and devlopment of new FM was at earliest the second half of 2019, making 4 years (the average minimum time today for a gaming dev, THE MINIMUM

Nobody tries to disagree this perpertued lie, instead they keep echoing even if When game last launched =/=when the following game developing had launched

I do agree with most critics, such as the fact that they should had made more events for career mode, but we need call out some fake stuff some of critics are saying

Last edited:
Not younger people, anyone
A exemple of it is the fake talk that T10 had worked in this game for 6 years, not just ingoring the fact FM7 had 2 years of updates and devlopment of new FM was at earliest the second half of 2019, making 4 years (the average minimum time today for a gaming dev, THE MINIMUM

Nobody tries to disagree this perpertued lie, instead they keep echoing even if When game last launched =/=when the following game developing had launched

I do agree with most critics, such as the fact that they should had made more events for career mode, but we need call out some fake stuff some of critics are saying
If previous Forzas were anything to go by, they would have already started on the next game prior to FM7s release. Do you have a link for them starting development in 2019?

Ral
If previous Forzas were anything to go by, they would have already started on the next game prior to FM7s release. Do you have a link for them starting development in 2019?
Here's the link. Development of Forza Motorsport '23 allegedly started in March 2019.

I think it took about 6 tries for me to get through the first two turns at Indianapolis GP in the Sedan tour without getting smashed or having the track ahead blocked by a pile up. Priority wise for me, fixing the AI is number one.

I'm still getting the glitch where the track surface will start to disappear along with the surrounding areas of the track. Last night it started turning black on the sides of the track then section by section would turn black. Other times it's been the mirror surface effect. The only fix for it is to completely go out back to the main menu and start over again.

Ral
There are many stages to game development; from public information we know that at some point this game was going to be cross-gen.

We can assume that once a decision was made to be XSX only that they basically had scrap their previous efforts and reapproach their physics engine and graphical engines.

It is pretty confident to say that at least two of those years were in a pre-development and brainstorming stage if not longer. Full development might've not started until 2020 if not later.

We can't talk about insider comments but there are rumors that would lean towards full development on what we received likely totalled 2 or so years.

My definition of full development means a clear and conise vision of the game with active development, by the entire studio, on all aspects and engines of the final product.

Clearly, there was a main focus on delivering a base foundation, that means a focus on the actual engines that underpin the game. Next-generation lighting, ray tracing, physics, weather and tod system, global illumination, tracks, menu systems, penalty systems, gameplay systems, economy systems, and so on; these were definitely built from the ground up.

Parts of the game that can be updated over time without truly effecting the main gameplay of the title seem to carry over from past titles or completely left out. Creation hub, livery system, replay system, photomode system, drift modes, drag modes, and more. We even saw the addition of meetups in the private lobby system to likely offset the missing drag and drift modes.

To even further prove the point of delayed content and modes in sacrifice for focus on foundational system is the track release schedule we are seeing. Yas Marina is already confirmed for November and a unknown track is confirmed for December. Full Nurburgring is confirmed for Spring and it would not surprise me if we saw either a track release or large gameplay system update on a monthly basis for the next year.

IMHO, Forza Motorsport required another 6 months to a year for a full release. Microsoft likely had a hard date in mind for Forza Motorsport and Turn 10 delivered the best foundational base they could in that timeframe.

This is likely due to needing to help fill in gaps of AAA release schedules to maintain interest in Xbox hardware and continued growth of GamePass.

If what I said is true, then I think Turn 10 has succeeded in providing a competent foundation for the game but at the cost of initial impressions. I've seen a lot of good response from the community in favor of the foundational systems they have launched, so that will hopefully be enough to keep an active community as the game grows and improves.

The worst outcome is that initial impressions and influencers seeking clickbait lead to the game failing due to lack of players.

Last edited:
Here's the link. Development of Forza Motorsport '23 allegedly started in March 2019.
That article doesn't say that no development relevant to FM was happening before that date. A shifting of weight / transitioning of weight only says that more resource was being allocated to the new FM from that point onwards. Even work on FM7 before that date could easily have resulted in code that ended up being incorporated into FM (building FM from the ground up doesn't mean that old code wasn't put into that new architecture).

That article doesn't say that no development relevant to FM was happening before that date. A shifting of weight / transitioning of weight only says that more resource was being allocated to the new FM from that point onwards. Even work on FM7 before that date could easily have resulted in code that ended up being incorporated into FM (building FM from the ground up doesn't mean that old code wasn't put into that new architecture).
That might be true, but it didn't sound like they were actively working on Forza Motorsport '23 during 2018 at least:

🫣Some how I just became aware that the "new" tours which will come are not additional but replace the existing ... (open Tour and Track Tour 😳🤪)

This is something I understand in MP, but in Singerplayer this makes little sin for me... why not leave the old tours forever. Put them in an archive from me.

This focus on limited content is what I really hate about Forza. It's just as crappy as the cars that are only available in Forzaton in Horizon.

Ral
Do you have a link for them starting development in 2019?
Well, people here had posted various links about it, i will just post this quotes
Over the last few months, Forza Race Regulations has been at the heart of Forza Motorsport 7’s content updates. It’s also been the primary focus of the game’s development team who were yet to transition onto the next project.

After almost two full years of post-launch support, work on Forza Motorsport 7 has officially concluded as Turn 10 Studios shifts its focus onto the next installment into the franchise.

I just realized that if you play the full VIR track with full damage/no rewind and on regular tires (because you know, you have to be a lvl. 50 warlock to have race tires or something) it becomes a Souls-like game!

The truth is that you just need Lvl11 to unlock tire compounds and after doing 2 races i get the car to Lvl10. If i would have driven just 1 practice lap more it would have been Lvl11. So not as much drama as people think ^^

Forza Motorsport 13.10.2023 15_48_07.png

Also the Golf R32 model seems fixed... And it sounds finally like an R32 again in FM too unlike in FH5 :D

Forza Horizon 5 13.10.2023 14_47_46.png
Forza Motorsport 13.10.2023 15_31_32.png

Last edited:
Can't see any issues on the model i do not have laserscan eyeballs sorry. And I'm from germany i have seen many R32 in real life too :P

Last edited:
It's also very easy to overdrive cars in race games > even more understeer ^^

Especially with the abrupt input of a gamepad.

Last edited:
I can smash my Megane R26 into a corner at decent speeds and not understeer anywhere near as much as this game seems to think all FWD's do - at relatively low speeds too.
I think some of this has to do with the tires they fit on the cars when you buy them. My C8 Z06 was sliding around like I was driving on ice last night until I put some decent rubber on it.

Initially, I wasn't going to speak about the understeer issue because I had only played on a wheel but now I've played some on the pad as well.

I don't find it overly exaggerated. It doesn't affect me as negatively as it seems to affect other people.

Latest Posts

Back