Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Your wheel isnt supported on Xbox right? And probably not worth getting one of those converters that lets you use it?
Correct, its the T300RS GT. Works on PC just not on console. I don't want to invest in a converter because I'm not really sold on the game as it is, as well as the fact that I'm hearing people are not getting FFB with them as well.

Me and my brother had one, the transmission exploded one day and the whole interior was covered in transmission fluid.

It was hilarious.

I know people think those cars are boring but to me, nothing is more boring than looking at Lamborghini's current lineup. It's like copy and paste Huracans.

I want the Murcielago back....
This brings back memories....

rare-rides-the-1989-ford-tempo-luxurious-and-all-wheel-drive.jpg

Correct, its the T300RS GT. Works on PC just not on console. I don't want to invest in a converter because I'm not really sold on the game as it is, as well as the fact that I'm hearing people are not getting FFB with them as well.
Completely reasonable. My Fanatec is only for PC and Xbox, but I got one of those converters to use it on playstation for Gran Turismo 7, and honestly the experience wasn't that good. A wheel with actual support for playstation 5 would be superior, but I can't swing that kinda money or the space to store the wheel.

Now, one week after launch (early access), I think it's a fine game, but it just feels like another game added to Game Pass. It is very good at many things, but comes short in others (presentation, mostly, others will say performance/content and features, etc.)

Clearly, Starfield was picked to be Microsoft's banner game, and other games have garnered more attention during its launch window (The Crew Motorfest, Lies of P, AC Mirage, etc.). Even the Dia de Muertos update in FH5 is being more promoted.

And where is Chris Esaki? I do hope he is fine because he must be exhausted, but the spokesman for FM all these years has been AWOL.

Now, one week after launch (early access), I think it's a fine game, but it just feels like another game added to Game Pass. It is very good at many things, but comes short in others (presentation, mostly, others will say performance/content and features, etc.)

Clearly, Starfield was picked to be Microsoft's banner game, and other games have garnered more attention during its launch window (The Crew Motorfest, Lies of P, AC Mirage, etc.). Even the Dia de Muertos update in FH5 is being more promoted.

And where is Chris Esaki? I do hope he is fine because he must be exhausted, but the spokesman for FM all these years has been AWOL.
Chris did many interviews and Forza monthly shows leading up to last week.

Well after a week of playing now...i have to say i like the game and its physics allot! Feels allot better then 7 also sound is great mutch more dynamic and details like gearbox wine etc so all and all a big improvement if you ask me!

Only problem for me for now (major problem) is the PC version..... strange texures, graphical glitches, not the best performance, hick ups etc....

Only problem for me for now (major problem) is the PC version..... strange texures, graphical glitches, not the best performance, hick ups etc....
What graphics card do you have, does it have 8GB VRAM or less? What a lot of games are doing now is automatically lowering texture quality when they run out of VRAM. With a 16GB GPU I haven't noticed any strange textures. It sucks for people with 8GB graphics cards, which is why there was so much backlash when Nvidia launched the 4060 and 4060Ti with 8GB, but games that are specifically designed for current gen consoles are typically requiring more than 8GB of VRAM for the best graphics.

What graphics card do you have, does it have 8GB VRAM or less? What a lot of games are doing now is automatically lowering texture quality when they run out of VRAM. With a 16GB GPU I haven't noticed any strange textures. It sucks for people with 8GB graphics cards, which is why there was so much backlash when Nvidia launched the 4060 and 4060Ti with 8GB, but games that are specifically designed for current gen consoles are typically requiring more than 8GB of VRAM for the best graphics.
RTX 4080 its not The setup its The game, on pc its a mess

PGyou8U.jpg

After a long 3 hours of letting the game play itself, managed to finally unlock the Widebody option for the 2015 Subaru WRX STi.

Interesting looking kit, definitely needs some track width adjustment though.

Going to try grind it out for some of these other new kits.

Oh and the car has a delete rear bumper option for it - first time I've seen that in a Forza title.

Playing on a black Xbox Series S (rather than my usual PC; My RX 580 isn't gonna cut it), and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised so far.

Loading speeds are surprisingly good and that alone makes it more pleasurable to play than FM7 most of the time.

I quite enjoy the physics. I hate the AI like everyone else.

Sound design is a mixed bag but I feel it's better overall than FM7. Some engine sounds are outright incorrect (812 Superfast has a flat-plane V8 sound, XBow GT2 has a 4-cyl sound instead of the Audi 5-cyl). Other than that, I've been satisfied with the engine sounds and other sound design.

I also like the more nuanced approach to the game's style than FM7.

The car list is weird. So many manufacturers are missing cars in this game that Horizon has. And vice-versa. Why does Aston Martin have such a complete car list in this game but not in Horizon? Why does Koenigsegg have only 2 cars? Why are neither the Huayra R or Zonda R in the game? Why is the new BRZ in this game but the GR 86 is in Horizon? Why did they replace the 2012 GT3 RS 4.0 with the earlier 2007 GT3? Overall, I'm fairly happy with the selection though.

If what they say is true about the changes to the game engine under the hood, then I think this will be a very good launching point for this game and the next Horizon title. I still think they game has way too many bugs and issues for how long it has been in development, but I am honestly enjoying it much more than I expected to.

Last edited:
Well then, I guess I will focus on these first and foremost. I know my career won't disappear next month, so it makes sense to make sure these are done, if I want that rewards.
The only thing about career to watch is the "Open Tour" at the bottom which will change each month. This month it is German cars, next month it will be something different. The Open Tour unlocks when you complete the 4 series in the top tour (you don't have to do the final event in that tour though).

Honestly, I'd much rather they just add a "German tour" to the career mode at the end of this month and a new line for next month's "Open Tour", and add this months Featured Tour (minus reward car) to the Career as well, as that would expand the Career quite quickly.

Rather than what we have now which is only 3 fixed tours and 2 that change every month.

But... "user engagement"... "game pass stats"...
I don't think a lot of players still use F7 on K', but if you're motivated enough:
  • I elevated your rights, so you'll now see and "Edit Price" button on F7 car's page.
  • Also, clicking the car's picture on the "carlist" will open the same edit box, so you don't need to enter every car page.
  • In consequence, you now also see the contributor areas in the FH5 and FM car pages (or by clicking image on carlist), which offers more data to edit, and automatically credit you on the page (older designed F7 section don't).
View attachment 1294746
Thank you so much for this. I'll have a go at adding the prices over the weekend if I have some time available.
Probably busy fixing the onslaught of bug reports 😎
Exactly, the team will be hands on with that. He's been full on promoting the launch, it's reasonable for him to take a break. He'll probably reappear when either the first big post launch patch is ready, or failing that we'll probably see him for Forza Monthly.

Does anyone know where drivatars originate from, are they just made up, or meant to be real people? Finding it a bit strange that playing before release which I'm sure required the VIP pack that's in the Premium options and gives everyone a crown next to their name, but nobody's avatar appeared to have that?

PGyou8U.jpg

After a long 3 hours of letting the game play itself, managed to finally unlock the Widebody option for the 2015 Subaru WRX STi.

Interesting looking kit, definitely needs some track width adjustment though.

Going to try grind it out for some of these other new kits.

Oh and the car has a delete rear bumper option for it - first time I've seen that in a Forza title.
The widebodys people are discovering is making me wonder if T10 may have wanted a bit of a NFS:Shift-type approach to the whole "motorsport" aspect of the game where you're basically building up your race car over time rather than using one of the race cars already in the game. Just a thought given how deep into the customization levels these kits are & the lack of career races featuring established race cars.

Last edited:
I feel bad, I was seeing Formula Mazdas in an open A race and thought they were using a glitch so when the chance came late on...
(No penalty either)
steve coogan GIF

...but then I went and checked their class :embarrassed::lol:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where drivatars originate from, are they just made up, or meant to be real people? Finding it a bit strange that playing before release which I'm sure required the VIP pack that's in the Premium options and gives everyone a crown next to their name, but nobody's avatar appeared to have that?
The Drivatar names are just people on your friends list. I guess as my friends list is about three people, other criteria may also be used - like GTP club members?

I've often wondered if there's any avenue for defamation involved with them. After all, they drive like complete spanners and they have your name above. I'm sure if someone put together a "dirty driver" compilation of races (from single-player races, but without making it clear it was single-player races) in which your Xbox name featured a lot but you never did those races, you're being defamed by actions taken in your name by an impersonator...

Oh boy. There's now an infinite money (and driver level) glitch that puts the GT7 bonanza to shame. Turn10 has supposedly been tougher on banning for abusing glitches than PD; I guess we'll soon find that out.
Though given the lower overall amount of cars, the more reasonable prices and the fact that you don't have to spend credits for upgrades anymore, I kinda have to wonder whether it's even worth abusing. Unless you absolutely have to have every single car right now, the expenses have been pretty even with the income from my experience so far.

The Drivatar names are just people on your friends list. I guess as my friends list is about three people, other criteria may also be used - like GTP club members?

I've often wondered if there's any avenue for defamation involved with them. After all, they drive like complete spanners and they have your name above. I'm sure if someone put together a "dirty driver" compilation of races (from single-player races, but without making it clear it was single-player races) in which your Xbox name featured a lot but you never did those races, you're being defamed by actions taken in your name by an impersonator...
I remember way back when they first came onto the scene, it was reported that they supposedly did take influence from you to some degree.
Drivatar is the new system controlling opponent cars in Forza 5. It takes data from your racing style and that of many others via the Xbox Cloud and brings it together to shape how your opponents will drive during a race, making for a much richer, more realistic experience.

I believe though, this was done more so that you could earn passive income when your drivatar entered other races & someone quick enough would have a drivatar reflect their skill. I can't recall when this system was dropped, though. Maybe FM6 is when I last stopped seeing messages about how many credits my drivatar earned me.

Last edited:
I remember way back when they first came onto the scene, it was reported that they supposedly did take influence from you to some degree.
Yes, the originals were supposed to adapt to your mannerisms (which... I've never seen any evidence of as the FH4/5 AI at least all drive the same way). This was supposedly ditched for this game.

Back