Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I've actually uninstalled it until it's patched up a bit, even wiped my save. I'm happy to wait & try again from fresh once it's in a better place. Still got PC2, AMS1 & Power & glory with a ton load of cars & tracks to play about with.

, I've spent all evening in the Touring Car hopper and as much as it is heavily unrealistic, I am enjoying the very loose pit strategies in play.

Suzuka was a good one - Wet race, most people pitted twice in the 7 lap race. I pitted once and wanted to experience a 0% Tyre for a full lap to see if I could stay ahead of the 2 stoppers.

Managed to luckily do it with the Levorg, but only just!

Think that award goes to the 2020 R8 for me:
View attachment 1295405
Diablo says hi!
Forza-Motorsport-15-10-2023-2-21-23.png

Also while taking this shot, it showed me how buggy the photomode is. The focus point doesn't even work properly, i couldn't get bokeh in my shot because of this.

Last edited:
The brand affinity discount for maxed out cars is a cool little mechanism. I’ve got 15% off Ferraris. It’s hard to get used to a Corvette C8 being more expensive than an F40 or F50, but also kind of nice too. I’ll get every car without using a glitch lol!

I will say, I've also had a few lobbies where someone puts down a blatantly unachievable quali time, and in every case the practice session ends early, and when it moves to the actual race, the perpetrator is usually nowhere to be found. Either I've just gotten weirdly lucky, or it's some new anti-cheat that T10 has implemented.
The weird practice times thing is probably just the bug with the "mini scoreboard" in your HUD, it's fairly common. I've seen people posting lap times 20+ seconds faster than the rest of the field, then sometimes it just re-adjusts mid-session and corrects them.

There's also an occasional bug with the qualifying results screen too where it shows a few faster times lower than slower times, but again it seems to adjust to the correct position for the grid.
I qualified 4th with a 2:14 in the Civic and said person who was doing 2:09s in practice didn't even qualify and started at the back, by the end of the 4th lap he was 2nd.

There is something weird going on with the tire wear multiplier however. It's widely known by now the Veloster is pretty bad on tire wear, but so far I've tried the Golf, the Civic and the Veloster and none of them can get through a complete race even on hards.
I'm no alien and it's pretty easy to go from not qualifying to well inside the top 10 on lap 1 at a lot of tracks, first laps are often super clumsy and there are a lot of stupid moves so it's not really a sign of anything fishy. I haven't tried the Audi but raced friends in it and it is pretty OP along with the VW, so it's no surprise to see it at the top, not only are their lap times good but their straight line speed makes overtaking and positioning so much easier during the race.

The FWD cars can no-stop a race on the hards at some tracks if you drive right and/or the conditions line up, but it's generally not worth the effort. Since the front tires are doing all the work you can't just run flat out, and if you back your pace off a bit to save them it usually means you get gathered up by some moron going for a bad lunge and lose too much time. If the track is wet but not wet enough to need wet tires, then it's easier to get the hards to last the whole race because the pace is backed down a bit, but you still have to be gentle on them as if you overdrive in the lower grip conditions you will just slide around and hurt them.

The Subaru can no-stop on the hards fairly easy though, but the problem is that it's so slow in a straight line that you lose 6+ spots by turn 1 at most tracks, and then you end up losing tons of time getting swallowed up on the straights by terrible drivers that park it at the corners or crash into each other in front of you, or people who got a run on you trying to force it two-wide through corners slowing you both down a ton.

You can tell that all this strategy and racecraft stuff is totally new to Forza players by the number of people who stay out on obviously dying tires and plummet down the order and the shocking amount of zero IQ moves people make during races. In their defense, tires weren't something you had to worry about in Forza unless you were doing 45min (or more, depending on cars) races in FM7, and because FM7 had a screwed up draft there wasn't much strategy to overtaking, it was mostly just "lunge when you get the chance." Now that the draft actually works it means it's smarter to overtake at smart times but people can't do that, if they are within 2 car lengths they just go for the move even if it hurts them in the long run.

Started typing this post waiting in a Suzuka practice lobby, just finished the race. Started 21st or whatever and was 6th or something by the end of lap 1, took the lead halfway around lap 4 from the leader whose tires were obviously dying... yet they stayed out for another lap instead of pitting with me. If I can get an 11 flat in the VW I wouldn't at all be surprised if alien guys can dip into the 09s.
91dbbb23-5b5e-4718-a53c-69d374004b21.PNG

I also tested in the practice, the VW could no-stop it on hards, but would have to back lap times down around the 16-17 range. I would have tried it if I had qualified but I figured it would have gotten me killed by someone in the midfield.

Last edited:
I tried the multiplayer last night to see what it's like and for the most part, I enjoyed it. The qualifier series was pretty easy, as I got 2 second place finishes and 1 win. After that I joined the Touring Car race on Suzuka, and qualified pretty badly in the Astra. I started on the hard tyre in the hope that I could go the whole race without pitting, but it backfired horribly. I ended up 14th. I then joined the Forza GT race on Spa and qualified 2nd in the NSX, but I quickly dropped to 3rd before the game crashed. Slightly annoying but anyway, I think the racing is better than what GT7 provides in Sport Mode. I might've been pushed around a little bit at Suzuka, but that was due to my strategy choice - although getting punted at the last chicane by a Mercedes was not. At least he quit pretty quickly.

Also while taking this shot, it showed me how buggy the photomode is. The focus point doesn't even work properly, i couldn't get bokeh in my shot because of this.
That's been a bug since...FM3, if I recall correctly. Same for if you go all the way to the edge of space you're allowed to "walk" around the car, aperture stops working. You'd have to get closer to the car for it to "re-engage".

I love photomode obviously, but how is this still such a low priority game feature? Redo the entire suite for crying out loud; give us filters, DOF customization, F-stop, etc, etc. I'm not even a photographer nor do I know a thing about actual photography outside of what I've learned and observed from games, and even I can spot how painful this all continues to be.

That's been a bug since...FM3, if I recall correctly. Same for if you go all the way to the edge of space you're allowed to "walk" around the car, aperture stops working. You'd have to get closer to the car for it to "re-engage".

I love photomode obviously, but how is this still such a low priority game feature? Redo the entire suite for crying out loud; give us filters, DOF customization, F-stop, etc, etc. I'm not even a photographer nor do I know a thing about actual photography outside of what I've learned and observed from games, and even I can spot how painful this all continues to be.
Coming from Horizons photomode to this is like going 3 steps backwards. Also its 2023 and we still can't take interior shots. They have alot of work to do with this game. Bugs and glitches aside, there are lots of basic things missing in this game.

Has anybody delved deeply enough to know if AI behavior is affected by the level you play on?
The highest difficulty is still similar to level 5, just scaled up. The one thing I've noticed about the AI is I still don't think they can handle loss of traction that well. Also in career mode they can get upgrades you couldn't possible get during the first race, like race tires. So some tracks they're even faster than normal, at the front, because you just can't get the same amount of grip as them. I don't check every AI every race, but I assume the mid/rear of the pack doesn't have race tires usually, so they tend to slide around and bump into each other and drive off track etc. I honestly think its kind of a scam and I hope it's just a bug. Also cheapens the "skill" of the AI to me, if they can ignore car levels. It's probably the majority of the "rubber banding" problem I keep seeing people bring up as well.

, I've spent all evening in the Touring Car hopper and as much as it is heavily unrealistic, I am enjoying the very loose pit strategies in play.

Suzuka was a good one - Wet race, most people pitted twice in the 7 lap race. I pitted once and wanted to experience a 0% Tyre for a full lap to see if I could stay ahead of the 2 stoppers.

Managed to luckily do it with the Levorg, but only just!

Yeah Suzuka was fun for this. I did the Levorg as well and started wets but it annoyed me how quickly they wore so I went to mediums and the stop and went to the end, way better than the wets after the first stint. Won by 15 seconds or so.

The turbo spool on the Z32 Twin Turbo is far too loud to be a stock model, it sounds like it has a aftermarket turbo installed. The car itself sounds decent but that kind of kills the immersion for me abit as I imagine it would probably get even louder once it's upgraded.

I have one and the spool is definitely not nearly as loud as the game makes it seem, atleast not on a stock setup, it's almost Gran Turismo 2 levels of turbo spool.
Diablo says hi!
Forza-Motorsport-15-10-2023-2-21-23.png

Love the Diablo GTR it's a very capable car ingame but sadly it suffers from the same borked wheel color glitch as cars like the GT-ONE, for some reason the wheels are grey/white when they should be black, atleast it's an easy fix. Maxed mine out to take on the F50 GT and without a turbo it's almost impossible to beat it though the races are very close.

It's not in Forza Motorsport, which for a 2023 racing game is an extreme level of wtf.

I'm enjoying this game, but it released painfully unfinished.
What a baffling decision for a game that’s gone so hard with the online.
I posted about this in the Review thread last week. It's totally bonkers (especially when it's something in EVERY driving game including all the previous Forza games that I've played 5-7, 1-5)
From the examples you've given I don't think this necessarily applies, but there are some big time speed exploits going around that will hopefully be fixed soon. There is one that players discovered that carried over from Forza 7.
Built from the ground up... 😂
I'm with you, brotha.

I thought giving the AI 19 racing lines would make the crash fest of FM7 a thing of the past, since they only had three racing lines to use.

Well, they may have 19 racing lines but they're dumb as he**

I'm trying to complete the first race in the built to race series at Mid Ohio. I've restarted seven times and only took a pause because I didn't want to throw expletives all over the house.

EDIT: after 4 more failed attempts, I'm exhausted and beyond frustrated.

I'm going to fire up GT7 and ACC on my PS5. I might even fire up PC2
I'm playing on level 3/4 on AI (23%/34% - what weird numbers!) because that's my skill level (Above Average /Highly Skilled in FH5). I don't seem to be aware of it as much as this although mid pack does get tricky to navigate through when they all bunch up on corners). Might just be me personal tolerating this more though.

Built from the ground up 😂

---
Yeah Suzuka was fun for this. I did the Levorg as well and started wets but it annoyed me how quickly they wore so I went to mediums and the stop and went to the end, way better than the wets after the first stint. Won by 15 seconds or so.
Does the track rubber in then or dry up to make Meds viable in a wet race?

Also, I'm confused by the "Open Tour". I thought this was going to be German cars only this month based on that photo which showed the first month's events, so why is my MR2 and Subaru eligible in the first event...?
Even the update message about those events being added talked about using your favourite German cars. So maybe that was the original plan but wisely they realized that would be too restrictive this early into the career mode. Although I did use a German car for the first event, the 73 Porsche Carrera (After running a couple of rival laps to get it to C class). Thankfully it's a lot better this time, don't know WTH was going on with it in FM7 but it sounded like you were going over kerbs all the time. But I think I'm gonna do all the classes with the 98 Supra.

I'm playing on level 3/4 on AI (23%/34% - what weird numbers!) because that's my skill level (Above Average /Highly Skilled in FH5). I don't seem to be aware of it as much as this although mid pack does get tricky to navigate through when they all bunch up on corners). Might just be me personal tolerating this more though.
Not being able to increase the race length like in FM7 is probably making me a faster driver but also a more aggressive one!

Last edited:
Does altering the FOV in chase cam stop the car from moving around,and fix it in position like GT7? Ive not messed with too many of the settings as im not sure what they do.

As it will take a while for all to be discovered, thoughts on a thread for collating all unique customised options for vehicles? Since we’ve got quite a few new wide bodies and cars with new options and what not. From memory we had one for one of the recent Horizon games.

Won’t have the time to create a well set out thread till tomorrow morning, so anyone is welcome to do so before I get the chance.

So, I cannot figure out how some drivers are getting these crazy lap times in multiplayer. Just did another Touring Car race on Suzuka, this time using the Golf GTi TCR. I was able to put down a low 2:15 in qualifying, which got me 3rd place for the start. The pole-sitter, however, was able to lay down a 2:11 laptime in the Audi RS3 TCR. Come the actual 7-lap race, the same driver immediately pulls away, and ends up winning with a ~20 second margin over 2nd. Their best race lap was another high 2:11 time.

Obviously tuning and driver skill plays a significant role, but it's things like this that make me wish division-specific Rivals were a thing, just so I can see where people are saving times on these tracks in the same car.
I haven’t come across this yet. I know qualify times are typically lower because you can use softs for it, then the lap times typically drop to normal for the race. I’ve had weird matchups today though. All day yesterday I had great competitive racing where I would place 2-5 most races. Then all day today I get 1 good race, then it puts me in a lobby where I’m 3-5 seconds faster per lap then everybody else. It’s extremely annoying because at that point you’re just hot lapping. It states that it puts you with similar skill level first then tries to find safety rating closest after. I think they have it backwards though.

One thing that’s annoying is that people don’t realize you are ghosted in qualifying. I see people slowing down and pulling over for faster people and they don’t realize they are wasting their only 3 chances to put down a good lap.

How’s everybody’s ratings so far? I think the penalty system is working quite well.

Attachments

• IMG_2704.jpeg
    IMG_2704.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 14
Two things they absolutely need to fix in the very first update. Tomorrow please!

-some of the video settings and some of the ffb settings are not being saved. Every time I restart the game I have to redo those settings.
-please please please can you get rid of the markers for the sectors to improve, at least in rivals mode? Keep the chrono but get rid of those markers, they ruin the whole getting better at a track because they are so dominant that you use them as reference for braking and how to approach a corner. the dumbest idea ever to have those at every relevant corner of a track.

As it will take a while for all to be discovered, thoughts on a thread for collating all unique customised options for vehicles? Since we’ve got quite a few new wide bodies and cars with new options and what not. From memory we had one for one of the recent Horizon games.

Won’t have the time to create a well set out thread till tomorrow morning, so anyone is welcome to do so before I get the chance.
According to Don Joewon Song, there are wide body kits for the Audi R8 V10 plus, BMW M5, Dodge Viper ACR and Aston Martin Vantage.

I also checked on one photo and there is also even a wide body kit for the Ferrari 488 Pista, which Ferrari themselves do not take kindly to.

Two things they absolutely need to fix in the very first update. Tomorrow please!

-some of the video settings and some of the ffb settings are not being saved. Every time I restart the game I have to redo those settings.
-please please please can you get rid of the markers for the sectors to improve, at least in rivals mode? Keep the chrono but get rid of those markers, they ruin the whole getting better at a track because they are so dominant that you use them as reference for braking and how to approach a corner. the dumbest idea ever to have those at every relevant corner of a track.
I actually don't mind the latter much at all because it reminds me of Driveclub. Does that make me biased? Sure, but it's a feature I do genuinely like but I absolutely understand (and to some degree even agree with) your sentiment because I use it a brake marker every single time.

As an aside, why does this game try to reinvent the wheel by calling sectors anything but sectors? :lol:

I never have seen a game being received more negatively than FM. Reddit is an absolute bloodbath and even gaming media is extremely negative (mainly due to the low player numbers)

Last edited:
I’ve now got fast enough to set the AI to level 4. I’ve noticed that AI in the mid pack will lose the ability to apply throttle once I catch them. Leading elements of AI slow their pace once I get within range of them and the leader is not catchable if I start at the back due to its first lap speed.

AI speed varies from track to track. Once race I can win, another I can get a podium and in another I’m in the bottom half of the top ten.

The game crashed after I’d reached level 49 in my Civic. Luckily it only cost me one level so it wasn’t a big deal. I’ve had several crashes when I switch on dynamic track rubber in advanced Free Play.

Last edited:
I never have seen a game being received more negatively than FM. Reddit is an absolute bloodbath and even gaming media is extremely negative (mainly due to the low player numbers)
I vacillate back and forth between loving the game and hating the game.

Sometimes it just feels right and everything is quite satisfying. Other times, I rage quit (although I do it mildly) and contemplate deleting the game altogether.

I played 3 alternate PS5 racing games after swearing to myself I'd never play Forza again. They were GT7, PC2, and ACC

None of them satisfied me and I went back to Forza and enjoyed a couple hours in career mode.

I still don't know how I feel🤷‍♂️

Reddit's a cesspool at the moment, even positive threads/comments start getting hit with downvotes. Lots of gross exaggeration like, "This game looks worse than FM4". Images being shared that can be explained by what's going on graphically, but it's easier to gain upvotes than listen to reason. People literally using the word "bootlicker" if you support the dev. over something in the game.

Just complete immaturity & elementary playground mentality at work in it right now. I imagine most of those upset with the graphics are PC guys, but no one is elaborating what platform they're on for the most part.

Reddit's a cesspool at the moment, even positive threads/comments start getting hit with downvotes. Lots of gross exaggeration like, "This game looks worse than FM4". Images being shared that can be explained by what's going on graphically, but it's easier to gain upvotes than listen to reason. People literally using the word "bootlicker" if you support the dev. over something in the game.

Just complete immaturity & elementary playground mentality at work in it right now. I imagine most of those upset with the graphics are PC guys, but no one is elaborating what platform they're on for the most part.

All too common on Reddit now, really can’t stand Reddit at the moment. Seems to be an annoying correlation between X/Twitter/Muskville dropping in popularity and Reddit getting worse.

It’s the same with the EA WRC subreddit as well, any praise is met with EA shill, downvotes blah blah all the same stuff. And that game isn’t even out yet.

Long live Discord.

Latest Posts

Back