Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
The fanboys have no depths they won't goto. I now see screenshots popping up on my feed from people trying to pass of PC on low settings as Xbox shots. What's worse is that high profile folks like Jimmy Broadbent are being fooled by this.

Remember folks, if you see a screenshot with no grass, it's a sure fire way to tell the image has been captured on Low settings. Some clown isn't even trying to hide it, with keyboard shortcuts displayed in the screenshot, idiots
Saw this too, and when called out he replied with "Just want to start a conversation"...

@TheAdmiester, I can't think of a better person to ask but would you be so kind as to upload the original Global.ini file from the following directory:

media> pcfamily> renderscenarios> ultra

I've gotten permission to share something that will improve RT and Screen Space reflections and want to have a few comparisons before doing so. This was the only file I forgot to backup because I'm stupid. :lol:

The fanboys have no depths they won't goto. I now see screenshots popping up on my feed from people trying to pass of PC on low settings as Xbox shots. What's worse is that high profile folks like Jimmy Broadbent are being fooled by this.

Remember folks, if you see a screenshot with no grass, it's a sure fire way to tell the image has been captured on Low settings. Some clown isn't even trying to hide it, with keyboard shortcuts displayed in the screenshot, idiots
I honestly can't believe how low the graphics can actually go. lol
Just for fun I turned everything to the lowest settings to see what framerate I could get and it looked like a PS2 game.
If you ever want a retro gaming experience, FM can provide that. :lol:

@TheAdmiester, I can't think of a better person to ask but would you be so kind as to upload the original Global.ini file from the following directory:

media> pcfamily> renderscenarios> ultra

I've gotten permission to share something that will improve RT and Screen Space reflections and want to have a few comparisons before doing so. This was the only file I forgot to backup because I'm stupid. :lol:
Would you believe I've been editing it as well so had to grab this specific file from Steam's CDN? Haven't seen any actual meaningful differences in RT/LOD tweaks, only car livery res though...

Attachments

• global.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 14
'Guys, FM8 is so ugly, look at this screenshot I just took.'

Enduro-Screenshot.png

I honestly can't believe how low the graphics can actually go. lol
Just for fun I turned everything to the lowest settings to see what framerate I could get and it looked like a PS2 game.
If you ever want a retro gaming experience, FM can provide that. :lol:

Performance issues aside, its great to have the option, for the longest time I had an old Radeon 7870, but even I could get ACC to run smoothly around 60fps even trying to output 4k with low settings, and I suspect there's loads of folks with old rx480's or 3050's, so just having the option to play with settings cranked down is nice.

Can't believe how bad the game runs on PC. G*dd*amned I want to throw it through the window but I can't, it's on steam. It is so freaking inconsistent. Sometimes it is kinda acceptable, sometimes it is utter ****. I started the game and apart from some software crashes which I am already used to, today, without changing any of my settings, all of a sudden my fps was 15??? I tried all kinds of different settings and found out that unlocking the framerate got rid of the issue, then it was reasonably better but still I got stuttering and inconsistent speed. even lowering the settings where the game looks 10 times worse than AC which is like what 15 years by now? Restarting didnt change a thing. Ok I do not have the most powerful PC but I can run ACC or SnowRunner or any other game without issues. Can't ask for a refund anymore but damn this is the worst experience of the year. I still have a little hope because I remember how utterly bad Horizon was at release. Maybe in 2 years they will get through the list of must solves for this game. Which is not to speak of the actual gamedesign side of the game. My brain implodes thinking about how incredibly bad that part is. To end on a positive note, I put my head in the fridge and will go back tomorrow to see if any first updates are being released.

Posted an answer earlier ^^

Posted an answer earlier ^^

You guys know who makes those comparisons right? Lets me give you a tip, he is also posting on this site and everybody knows him.

Can't believe how bad the game runs on PC. G*dd*amned I want to throw it through the window but I can't, it's on steam. It is so freaking inconsistent. Sometimes it is kinda acceptable, sometimes it is utter ****. I started the game and apart from some software crashes which I am already used to, today, without changing any of my settings, all of a sudden my fps was 15??? I tried all kinds of different settings and found out that unlocking the framerate got rid of the issue, then it was reasonably better but still I got stuttering and inconsistent speed. even lowering the settings where the game looks 10 times worse than AC which is like what 15 years by now? Restarting didnt change a thing. Ok I do not have the most powerful PC but I can run ACC or SnowRunner or any other game without issues. Can't ask for a refund anymore but damn this is the worst experience of the year. I still have a little hope because I remember how utterly bad Horizon was at release. Maybe in 2 years they will get through the list of must solves for this game. Which is not to speak of the actual gamedesign side of the game. My brain implodes thinking about how incredibly bad that part is. To end on a positive note, I put my head in the fridge and will go back tomorrow to see if any first updates are being released.
I think your problem is related to drivers or PC specs. I will also note that I got both FH5 and FM2023 working smoothly and looking good within the first hour of racing on launch day, and I only have a midrange spec gaming PC.

what CPU and GPU do you have?
have you installed the latest drivers which state they support FM2023?

Last edited:
Pretty much mirrors my experience.
It's the inconsistency that really bugs me in trying to find some playable settings that look half decent.

I'm still hoping for optimisation to help improve it as there is enough there to keep me interested.

I'm confused (My wife and kids will tell you that's not a surprise). We know the person who's making these videos?

Also, I feel terrible for you PC players. But, I'm surprised because I always thought that PC was better than console. I've often thought about getting a gaming PC for racing games but since I don't need one I race on console.

Also, I feel terrible for you PC players.
Thank you. :lol:

But, I'm surprised because I always thought that PC was better than console.

It is, hypothetically. It's been like since PC gaming was a thing, but it's especially apparent now because optimization is, and always has been king. You have something like DOOM and DOOM Eternal which can run at 100+ fps on calculators (not literally, but it's honestly not far off from the truth) because the games are optimized to the nth degree.

Then, you have something like Jedi Survivor or Dead Space Remake which either run like a dumpster fire and/or have traversal stutters out the wazoo.

Ok, since we are on the subject I'll ask another question? Are there more PC players of Forza than Xbox? I can't imagine they wouldn't fix whatever the problems are 🤷‍♂️

I'm well aware that the answer isn't "just go out and buy an Xbox series x". I am an empath by nature and although there are things about the game I don't love, my game does run flawlessly on my series x.

I hope they make it that way for PC as well so you can all enjoy it the same way.

Ok, since we are on the subject I'll ask another question? Are there more PC players of Forza than Xbox? I can't imagine they wouldn't fix whatever the problems are 🤷‍♂️

I'm well aware that the answer isn't "just go out and buy an Xbox series x". I am an empath by nature and although there are things about the game I don't love, my game does run flawlessly on my series x.

I hope they make it that way for PC as well so you can all enjoy it the same way.
definitely way way more Xbox players than PC players. Probably 90% are Xbox, if not more.

I’ve been playing on pc since early release and have yet to experience any of the issues some pc players are having. It’s been by far the most stable Forza launch game I’ve ever experienced. I’m extremely confused why I’m not having the same issues.

I'm well aware that the answer isn't "just go out and buy an Xbox series x".
Thing is for me anyway I have both and while the performance (for me at least) is much better on the Series X I just don't get the enjoyment using a controller that I thought I would.

the Series X version has as much stability issue as the PC version. I got booted to dashboard multiple times. Turn10 really need to fix their sim

the Series X version has as much stability issue as the PC version. I got booted to dashboard multiple times. Turn10 really need to fix their sim
They do and I've been kicked to the kerb a few times myself but graphical problems, although not absent, don't seem to be as prevalent to me on console as they seem to be on other people's PCs.

Luckily I've managed to avoid the progress save bug so far and the only other bug I've encountered is this one:
Couldn't find this one so I created a topic on the hub:
Maybe I haven't been playing hard enough.

I will add that I always quit the game from the dashboard after playing and load it from scratch for the next session. FH5 taught me well.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing on pc since early release and have yet to experience any of the issues some pc players are having. It’s been by far the most stable Forza launch game I’ve ever experienced. I’m extremely confused why I’m not having the same issues.
Same here, I'm not having any issues at all. Even other games that cause people grief I haven't had issues or they're very minimal.

The only issue I keep running into is that track glitch where the surface turns either black or mirror section by section then the whole track goes that way. Other than that it's running at a stable 60fps and while that's not blowing the doors off it's plenty good for me.

Does anybody else hate Eagle Rock club circuit?

It doesn't matter how many practice laps I do there, it's a nightmare for me.
100%. Eagle Rock or Fraggle Rock as I call it and Miami Homestead. That's two of the reasons I'm thinking about giving up on career mode.
I'm confused (My wife and kids will tell you that's not a surprise). We know the person who's making these videos?

Also, I feel terrible for you PC players. But, I'm surprised because I always thought that PC was better than console. I've often thought about getting a gaming PC for racing games but since I don't need one I race on console.
It's definitely not unplayable.

Latest Posts

Back