Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Same here, I'm not having any issues at all. Even other games that cause people grief I haven't had issues or they're very minimal.
At first people were telling me that the campaign is fine and that MP is broken, but I played online all weekend and did not have a single issue. It’s like I win the silicon lottery but with a digital game lol

I also played since early release and in all that time the game goes down to dashbord three times...no problem...Multiplayer no problem...but today was horrible...career progress was lost five times...

• I have experience infinite loading screen when applying upgrade
  • Reflection / shadow glitches (both pc and xbox)
  • D/C from Multiplayer
  • Gamma issue after changing graphical settings
  • DLSS/FSR2 doesn't give you more perf
  • Boot to dashboard when loading a race - Series X (multiple time per night)

I have play both on PC and Series X and both platform experience the same issue. I am a huge Forza fan but someone has to be honest about the state of the games otherwise it's just fanboyism. We are not going to talk about car level decision which is stupid. I am just talking technical aspect.

• D/C from Multiplayer

I have play both on PC and Series X and both platform experience the same issue. I am a huge Forza fan but someone has to be honest about the state of the games otherwise it's just fanboyism. We are not going to talk about car level decision which is stupid. I am just talking technical aspect.
Sure, but I can only be honest about the bugs and technical issues I've personally experienced and can't speak for other people.

did you not see the very long list of Forza know issue on their forums ? it's almost a novel.
Yeah, I have, I've even reported an issue of my own, and not once have I tried to argue that there aren't problems with the game if you've read my posts. I'm just agreeing with the people who've been saying that those issues aren't affecting everyone who plays. I hope they fix them for everyone else.

Last edited:
  • D/C from Multiplayer

Yes, i'm also a huge Forza fan and i love the game, great new physics and no problem with the leveling system, as you say it's only the technical aspect.

The reflection issue, I've only experienced twice. Loading screen freeze has been a repeat offender, but uncommon thankfully. Have not had the issue of the game booting me to the Dashboard though, that's definitely a new one for me to read.

Let's hope the 1st patch is one that has these as priority fixes.

I really wish that those getting terrible performance on PC would list their CPU, GPU and confirm whether or not they have installed the latest game-ready AMD/Nvidia drivers.

That would help greatly with determining if the PC is simply under-spec or if there's something wrong in the game itself.
We know that at the moment the PC version is very poor with CPU performance, and it could be the root of a lot of problems compared to other PC driving games which don't stress the CPU anywhere near as much.

Qualy was a monsoon.

Race started wet, I started on Softs (as did Dezent).

1697496236828.png

Last edited:
I really wish that those getting terrible performance on PC would list their CPU, GPU and confirm whether or not they have installed the latest game-ready AMD/Nvidia drivers.

That would help greatly with determining if the PC is simply under-spec or if there's something wrong in the game itself.
We know that at the moment the PC version is very poor with CPU performance, and it could be the root of a lot of problems compared to other PC driving games which don't stress the CPU anywhere near as much.
I have an 5800X3D and a 3080Ti. I do get average ~70fps @ 3440x1440p resolution. It doesn't mean the game doesn't have memory leak or graphical glitches. Yes, I am using latest nvidia drivers.

I have an 5800X3D and a 3080Ti. I do get average ~70fps @ 3440x1440p resolution. It doesn't mean the game doesn't have memory leak or graphical glitches. Yes, I am using latest nvidia drivers.
Basically the same but a 5900x. If I could snap my fingers and fix two things, it would be the stutter and crashing in multiplayer.

They do and I've been kicked to the kerb a few times myself but graphical problems, although not absent, don't seem to be as prevalent to me on console as they seem to be on other people's PCs.

Luckily I've managed to avoid the progress save bug so far and the only other bug I've encountered is this one:Maybe I haven't been playing hard enough.

I will add that I always quit the game from the dashboard after playing and load it from scratch for the next session. FH5 taught me well.
I've had that silly fuel bug in practice a lot. I don't actually bother looking at fuel most of the time, whenever I do it's always there.

The only other significant "bugs" I've encountered are being booted from a race and one night I got endless loading loop twice on multiplayer.

I do wonder whether some of this game booting may be related to something completely different - that being the always online connection and whether that is "glitching". Just a thought. I especially think a dropout in connection might be causing some of the multiplayer issues people are having?

I didn't initially realise Mount Panorama wasn't in the game. The bitter irony of it all!

FM and GT both add Bathurst to their ranks in 2013, a decade down the line GT7 has only faint memories of ever including an Australian car to race on it, and now FM launches with 11(approx) Aussie cars and no Bathurst... I sure hope it's planned for later.

I've had that silly fuel bug in practice a lot. I don't actually bother looking at fuel most of the time, whenever I do it's always there.
Me neither after the initial setup but I need to know how much fuel to dump so I have enough to race with. So long as it works for the actual race it's less of a problem as if so it'll only affect my practice times. I haven't qualified or raced in multiplayer so I hope the bug doesn't carry over to that mode.

I also wanted to make a point of reporting bugs to T10 and not just complaining about them on GTP so the devs know about them and can hopefully work on a fix.

Last edited:
I haven't qualified or raced in multiplayer so I hope the bug doesn't carry over to that mode.
It does, not exactly the same but basically the same bug. Instead of estimating 0 laps, I'll get a seemingly random estimation that doesn't even come close to what the estimate says after driving 1 lap. I got it in my very last qualifier race, on Hakone, which caused me to get 10th (after qualifying 1st) because I had to pit halfway through the race. It was still during early access too so I really didn't know how much fuel to even guess for it. I've had it happen a few times since then as well.

This is disappointing to hear. That car in PC2 was phenomenal.

I've been grinding the career in lesser cars with the anticipation of driving some supercar beast and the Huracan was something I was looking forward to.

My son-in-law and I went to the Rolex 24 at Daytona a couple years ago and Lamborghini had numerous cars on display and of course, that was one of them.
The STO was never in Project Cars 2. You've obviously got it confused with the race car.

Anyway, I drove the Performante and it's way better. It has way more punch on corner exit thanks to the 4WD system. I don't even know why Lamborghini bothered with the STO because it's a scam.

PC performance for me has been fine since the initial early access launch. Only major issues I've experienced was a texture bug the second time I booted up the game, where all the cars had neon pink replacing their normal textures (might be shading related?), and a crash during the intermission of a multi-player race yesterday. Didn't have any issues during the 3 qualifier events though, so maybe the net code isn't quite there yet to work smoothly with a full grid.

I'm getting a pretty consistent 82-83 fps during races (with most graphics settings just left on "Auto" and FSR off) running a Ryzen 5 5600x/RX6800XT system, which happens to be right on the "recommended" specs for an all AMD PC. Maybe that's a particular combo they were able to optimize most for or something, but you can chalk me up as one of the lucky ones I guess :lol:.

I did last time I moaned about it. :lol:

RTX 3070
32gb 5200 DDR5 Ram
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
Latest Nvidia drivers, this did give me a small gain in performance. 👍
LG C1 4k TV

I'm not expecting to run super high specs at 4k with my setup but something with decent performance without reverting to making it look like a PS3 game would be nice. Every other game I have manages this just fine. I get it, that's PC gaming with so many combinations of builds out there it's so difficult to optimise for all different builds.

I may try running it through my 1440p monitor that my PC is also hooked up to (I only ever run one or the other at a time) even though that means using a controller just for testing purposes. My main problem though and it's the cause of most my frustration is that I'm time poor and all the tweaking I've needed to do so far has pretty much eaten into most of my gaming time.

The STO was never in Project Cars 2. You've obviously got it confused with the race car.

Anyway, I drove the Performante and it's way better. It has way more punch on corner exit thanks to the 4WD system. I don't even know why Lamborghini bothered with the STO because it's a scam.
The STO is built as a track-rat to rival the Black Series/RS/LT etc. cars. It's a more durable car for that sort of abuse than the Performante & the Super Trofeo body work is made to keep it better planted than the ALA system.

The game may not accurately represent the car's driving characteristic because it was a well praised car by reviewers.

Last edited:
The STO is built as a track-rat to rival the Black Series/RS/LT etc. cars. It's a more durable car for that sort of abuse than the Performante & the Super Trofeo body work is made to keep it better planted than the ALA system.

The game may not accurately represent the car's driving characteristic because it was a well praised car by reviewers.
But it's slower.

I think your problem is changing the settings and not restarting the game afterwards.

what CPU and GPU do you have?
have you installed the latest drivers which state they support FM2023?
I was thinking the same. I tried restarting the game several times but it didn't resolve the issue. I even restarted my PC out of sheer desperation. The weird thing is that before it was running OK-ish. Also it doesn't seem to be triggered by stressful situations like alot of cars on track or weather. I actually happened during rivals mode which should be easy to run. And even when lowering the settings big time, the stuttering would stay. Yes my PC is not the fastest but as I said I can run games like AC, ACC, Snowrunner,... perfectly well. I have a 3060ti, 24GB, i5-11400F. Yes Nvidia driver is up to date.

Forza's Best Telemetry Overlay Is Here Already! | Motorsport Plus

0:00 Feature Overview
5:18 Install Guide

ForzaDash Discord: https://discord.gg/gyqBZkfYm6
Sappy's Github: https://github.com/Sappytron/MotorsportPlus/releases
SimHub Download: https://www.simhubdash.com/download-2/

MotorsportPlus 1.0 Latest

Initial Release.

Key Notes:
  • Only a 1440p layout and 1080p for second monitor is available. If you have a 1080p or 4K layout as your primary you are willing to share, please reach out.
  • Pausing / Rewinding is still an issue and will bug out your Delta tracking until you have completed one full unbroken lap. There is no known fix or solution at this time.
  • More features are planned in the future, so let me know what you want to see via the ForzaDash Discord

Forza's Best Telemetry Overlay Is Here Already! | Motorsport Plus

0:00 Feature Overview
5:18 Install Guide

ForzaDash Discord: https://discord.gg/gyqBZkfYm6
Sappy's Github: https://github.com/Sappytron/MotorsportPlus/releases
SimHub Download: https://www.simhubdash.com/download-2/

MotorsportPlus 1.0 Latest

Initial Release.

Key Notes:
  • Only a 1440p layout and 1080p for second monitor is available. If you have a 1080p or 4K layout as your primary you are willing to share, please reach out.
  • Pausing / Rewinding is still an issue and will bug out your Delta tracking until you have completed one full unbroken lap. There is no known fix or solution at this time.
  • More features are planned in the future, so let me know what you want to see via the ForzaDash Discord

Amazing stuff! If only a radar would be possible... like helicorsa... I guess that's not an option?

Latest Posts

Back