Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Something is telling me they will add it back eventually through a big update. Dont ask me any details or how I came to that conclusion but im confident they will bring back custom public lobbies. Just a matter of patience
Yeah right, I’m all out of patience when it comes to this in FM.

The last time it was in a Forza game was FM4 on the Xbox 360. FM has a relatively small player base so I suspect they won’t add it because matchmaking would lose a lot of players.

Something is telling me they will add it back eventually through a big update. Dont ask me any details or how I came to that conclusion but im confident they will bring back custom public lobbies. Just a matter of patience
Took a bit to find but HokiHoshi actually mentioned that there would be a "big searchable lobby list" before it was released. So I wonder if it was actually planned but didn't make it in.

After a couple weeks now with the game I am just not finding it fun. This may boil down to personal preference as GT and Forza both have their own unique styles they offer. FM really seems to me like FM8 and not this "from the ground up" reboot that Turn10 was advertising. I have always had a hard time finding myself immersed in a Forza game. Something about the graphics, sounds, and just everything going on in game feels very action movie esque and not realistic to me. It's like playing a Michael Bay film as I seen many people say about 7 back when it released. This "reboot" is just more of the same with some thankfully toned down menu music and the implementation of the race regulations and track limits that they began patching into 7 at it's end of life. The single player offers no variety whatsoever and I find the new upgrade system to be a step backwards from what FM had done best in the past with regards to building up your favorite cars. Throw in the the various bugs and I am pretty dissatisfied with my purchase of the game.

It's actually had me running back to GT7 which I was admittedly not playing much before. While it's not perfect I much prefer it's classier approach. (If one could ever describe a video game as classy.) The whole love letter to cars thing and their heritage tied into a slightly more serious approach to racing. GT7 also has many QOL things over FM such as the load times, menus, music, replays, etc. If If only PD would get rid of the "catch the rabbit" races and install some proper AI with traditional rolling and/or grid starts. Increasing credit payouts would be nice to. These are a couple of things where I'd give the nod slightly to the new FM.

After a couple weeks now with the game I am just not finding it fun. This may boil down to personal preference as GT and Forza both have their own unique styles they offer. FM really seems to me like FM8 and not this "from the ground up" reboot that Turn10 was advertising. I have always had a hard time finding myself immersed in a Forza game. Something about the graphics, sounds, and just everything going on in game feels very action movie esque and not realistic to me. It's like playing a Michael Bay film as I seen many people say about 7 back when it released. This "reboot" is just more of the same with some thankfully toned down menu music and the implementation of the race regulations and track limits that they began patching into 7 at it's end of life. The single player offers no variety whatsoever and I find the new upgrade system to be a step backwards from what FM had done best in the past with regards to building up your favorite cars. Throw in the the various bugs and I am pretty dissatisfied with my purchase of the game.

It's actually had me running back to GT7 which I was admittedly not playing much before. While it's not perfect I much prefer it's classier approach. (If one could ever describe a video game as classy.) The whole love letter to cars thing and their heritage tied into a slightly more serious approach to racing. GT7 also has many QOL things over FM such as the load times, menus, music, replays, etc. If If only PD would get rid of the "catch the rabbit" races and install some proper AI with traditional rolling and/or grid starts. Increasing credit payouts would be nice to. These are a couple of things where I'd give the nod slightly to the new FM.
but GT7 is not on PC and to me it always has been it's downfall. You are so limited in terms of hardware you can use. At least Forza offers me both console and PC for the same price.

20231018_173420.jpg

Put a widebody on the F90 M5.... That doesnt look right

Data from True Archivements says that 90% of players had not made a Online Race yet
73% in Steam

Given my previous experiences in public lobbies, I have zero intention of ever trying it again, so I'm probably in that 90% as well. I'll play with my friends online, that's it.

Data from True Archivements says that 90% of players had not made a Online Race yet
73% in Steam

I, too, am one of the 90% (73% for Steam, specifically). I'm a single player racer, first and foremost. I'll race with friends any day of the week, but blueberries (sorry, that's the Destiny player in me coming back out)? Absolutely not. I've had my fill in several other games, one of which includes FH5. :lol:

Plus, the AI can't be trusted on lap 1 in the mid-pack. I've played a bunch of free play races after finishing the Builder's Cup - and they tend to start you at the back. The AI haven't got a clue of how to race with that many cars in close proximity.
I play on a much lower level than most of you. I play with expert rules (no rewinds) but level 4 in terms of AI difficulty.

I set myself to start anywhere between 10-12 on the grid and I can agree with you and anyone else who's played this game that midpack is a nightmare. I both hate it and love it.

If I made a legitimate mistake I finished the race but if I'm sandwiched or punted I usually restart it. There have been some races where I have had to restart multiple times like MANY multiple times
Now if they would only bring back the option to increase laps for career mode races.
I would always champion Forza over GT for its career mode - I wouldn't now.
Completely agree with you and I would like to add that I wish they would include tire wear and fuel use multipliers The way GT7 does. My sweet spot would be races between 10-20 laps. There is no need to pit because you don't burn enough fuel during that time so I would love to accelerate that.
Can’t believe i cant have a long race. No online multiplayer lobby’s, seriously what the hell. Surely everyone wants a lobby ?
If you or anyone here does want to set up races you can include me. I'm slow but I'm clean. Every group needs somebody to be back of the pack 😉
It's actually had me running back to GT7 which I was admittedly not playing much before
I agreed with almost everything you said but only quoted this because this is exactly what I did. I threw on my PSVR and went back to GT7.

The problem was that it bored me terribly. The AI in that game are better than GT sport but not by much. They really aren't that unpredictable and the formula is always the same, as you said with the chase the rabbit thing

Forza AI are unpredictable, sometimes all over the place and I love it. I always want a game where if I'm somewhere in mid to the back of the pack, I have a chance to make up a place or two with good racing and I never will pass up a chance to make up another place or two by watching AI cars go off the track.

If GT7 gave me more AI mistakes I would probably be playing that

73% in Steam

Which make developing deep and fleshed-out single-player modes all the more important. Want to know why Baldur’s Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom are so highly regarded? Because they provide players with a remarkable amount of agency over how they want to progress to the end goal. Even linear games like GOW Ragnarok and RE4make provide opportunities for exploration and experimentation for greater rewards. This game by comparison puts players on a tight leash with linear race selection and car leveling. It’s a step down from Horizon, FM7, and especially the 360 games.

Drip-feeding SP content via a live service should be kept to a minimum. See Baldur’s Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom.

As of the day of this comment, Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder arrive in two days, and they look more towards the remarkable examples above, unlike this game. It’s sad that this game, like GT7, despite being great from a core driving perspective, are let down with mediocre SP experiences and questionable design choices.

I, too, am one of the 90% (73% for Steam, specifically). I'm a single player racer, first and foremost. I'll race with friends any day of the week, but blueberries (sorry, that's the Destiny player in me coming back out)? Absolutely not. I've had my fill in several other games, one of which includes FH5. :lol:
I still think about that day when we were going a round in Destiny with someone that had their baby crying literally the whole time. What a day that was. I didn't play with randoms much after that :lol:

but GT7 is not on PC and to me it always has been it's downfall. You are so limited in terms of hardware you can use. At least Forza offers me both console and PC for the same price.
True, although this may change in the future if Sony continues to release more of it's first party stuff on the PC. I don't have a PC myself at the moment but was contemplating selling my Series X for one leading up to the release of the new FM. (Also wanted to give iRacing a proper shot) Then I started reading about all of the optimization issues that PC users were having. Id love to consolidate everything into one platform if Sony continues to add first party titles. Maybe one day even day/date same as Microsoft.

Which make developing deep and fleshed-out single-player modes all the more important. Want to know why Baldur’s Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom are so highly regarded? Because they provide players with a remarkable amount of agency over how they want to progress to the end goal. Even linear games like GOW Ragnarok and RE4make provide opportunities for exploration and experimentation for greater rewards. This game by comparison puts players on a tight leash with linear race selection and car leveling. It’s a step down from Horizon, FM7, and especially the 360 games.

Drip-feeding SP content via a live service should be kept to a minimum. See Baldur’s Gate 3 and Tears of the Kingdom.

As of the day of this comment, Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder arrive in two days, and they look more towards the remarkable examples above, unlike this game. It’s sad that this game, like GT7, despite being great from a core driving perspective, are let down with mediocre SP experiences and questionable design choices.
As much i like SP modes, we are not in 2004 anymore, you gotta give something multiplayer as well
That said they really should improved on singleplayer, this where the GAAS aspect should favor Motorsport over GT7, Horizon got far better as time passes and i think Motorsport will follow suit

I do want these good examples here, just as much as I want a good open-world action game similar to GTA, and we have not gotten even a good one since Watch Dogs 2, (The next entry, Legion, wasn't interesting despite its London locale and a few innovative mechanics, and was poorly optimized at launch) for example. I had the Saints Row reboot for awhile, and it was absolutely atrocious, like a severely-watered down version of past SR games. Everything good that the franchise had going for went down a deplorable route, and worse still is that the developer shut down not too long ago.

Modern gaming has its worst sins since the mid-2010s. Even racing games suffer this fate.

Last edited:
I would highly suggest some of you give online racing another try when the Open C Class begins. I've had more fun in C Class than any other over the years. It's slow enough to avoid collisions, fast enough to get out front and stay front and enough PI to customize your vehicle.

I don't see this changing this time around either BUT it does still look like it will be infested with Integras and Civics.

Not really.
All polls you had posted showed that while public likes single player, THEY ALSO WANT SOME MULTIPLAYER, SPECIALLY WITH FRIENDS
it was litteraly the most vote option

There has NO WAY we will get a 100% singleplayer anymore, we will need some multiplay element of shape or form

Last edited:
All polls you had posted showed that while public likes single player, THEY ALSO WANT SOME MULTIPLAYER, SPECIALLY WITH FRIENDS
it was litteraly the most vote option

There has NO WAY we will get a 100% singleplayer anymore, we will need some multiplay element of shame or form

So playing with the same people week after week then?

I think there is 2 fundamental groups playing this game and it's impossible to reconcile both. On one hand, you have the simracer crowd which all they want is all the car , all the track, all the parts available from the start and just do multiplayer lobby racing. They do not care about anything else. They won't ever touch the career mode.

On the other hand, you have the casual player that will play through the career and maybe dabble in multiplayer once in a while but his main focus is racing offline. If you are the later, the CarXP does not impeded you at all. It's well balance and you can compete against the AI perfectly fine. CarXP wasn't an issue for me until I tried to do Rivals and now I have to do 50+ laps or more before I can unlock all of the parts for the car I want to use on that leaderboard. So I understand why some hate it.

What is the solution ? Online career. Make your online profile completely different from your offline profile. Online, you can have all of the parts for upgrade. You don't have to level up your car. You just level your Drivers and get access to certain class of car as you progress through your career. Iracing kinda style.
This is completely ignoring the crowd that are sim racers but do enjoy the progression system; most people I have been playing with online have agreed that they like the system.

I've been playing in a lot of looking for group lobbies.

Last edited:
I don't know where this conception that "simracers" don't like the progression system and want everything right away came from but that's not the case. I already have sims where that's the case. In fact, I'll probably still be on AMS2, rF2, ACC and AC more than Forza Motorsport, especially with the state that it's been released in. But, I got Motorsport just because of the progression system and relaxed feel. I got it because I thought that it would give me a career of something to do while popping tops and eating gummies on the weekend.

I've already witnessed online people purposely ramming into other cars in FM though. Not cool. And while it does happen in sims as well, it happens on a smaller scale as more people take the racing seriously. There is absolutely nothing to gain in ramming into someone in AMS2. You don't get money/credits you don't win the race and in the end you're just wasting your own time with childish games, not to mention you'll just be kicked out of the lobby anyways.

In my mind, outside of a lot of problems already mentioned and in FM right now, one of the biggest things that FM can do for "hardcore" simracers, hate that term by the way, is add custom championships to the Free Play. I don't care if the cars are stock or tuned, it's about driving what you have and driving good. Custom Championships are all the Career in FM is anyways and that's what we're used to in Sims as it is. If I'm in AMS2, Custom championship, ACC - Custom Championship, AC - Custom Championship. That's how we make a Career out of sims anyways. Throw PC2 in there as well. I want FM to do what FM does best on it's own merit. Too bad it's not doing that right now.

Latest Posts

Back