Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Data from True Archivements says that 90% of players had not made a Online Race yet
73% in Steam

That's pretty shocking to be fair.

Never play Single Player in Forza. It's as dull as a door knob, like every racing game to be honest.

I get my kicks from competitive racing online. I haven't used the "Free Play" option in any Forza game I've ever owned.

Would be good to have a GT planet weekly race. Iam new to the game so not sure how/if it can be done. Maybe a league ? I have 1 online friend haha. If anyone on here wants to add me my tag is BLADESof1889 more friends the better for this game. Add me 👍

Would be good to have a GT planet weekly race. Iam new to the game so not sure how/if it can be done. Maybe a league ? I have 1 online friend haha. If anyone on here wants to add me my tag is BLADESof1889 more friends the better for this game. Add me 👍
It's been a long loooong time since this was last attempted, and during a time when this forum was much more active(and was actually separated as it's own sister forum "www.forzaplanet.net", but still ran by the GTP staff.) It ended up dying out due to lack of activity. It was very fun while it lasted, which was actually quite a while too, but I'm just wondering about the constant activity after the hype dies down a bit.

major issue with private lobby is there is no tire wear. Kinda defeats the league idea
Although its a point against it, I wouldn't say it defeats the idea at all. Odd that there's no tire wear though.

Every racing game needs accelerated tire wear and fuel burn.

Races are not long enough for natural fuel burn and tire wear to really play a part.

When you have the ability to accelerate fuel burn and tire wear, the elite drivers are rewarded.

I am barely an average driver and I'm pretty hard on tires so I should be forced to pay the price by having to pit more often than someone like my son-in-law who is an elite driver and knows how to take care of his tires and fuel.

It is a SKILL.

Being able to choose a multiplier for those two things is the best part of GT7.

I so desperately wanted that feature in Forza Motorsports and I'm shocked it's not there.

Last edited:
Because this isn't an ironic response in itself.

Your post comes off as if your opinion is some sort of default statement in regards to single player.
Its a comment beside my username on a forum. Of course it's my opinion and no one else's.

It's been a long loooong time since this was last attempted, and during a time when this forum was much more active(and was actually separated as it's own sister forum "www.forzaplanet.net", but still ran by the GTP staff.) It ended up dying out due to lack of activity. It was very fun while it lasted, which was actually quite a while too, but I'm just wondering about the constant activity after the hype dies down a bit.

Are you talking about the FRS? If so, @Jump_Ace helped me set that up as I intended it to be Forza's version of the WRS.

I sent you a message, I have no clue how to add a friend on XBL :dunce:

Jerome

I sent you a message, I have no clue how to add a friend on XBL :dunce:

Jerome
Press the big white button with x on it. That will show you Home. Tab across once to People at the bottom of the screen it say Find Someone. Click on it and you get a search bar.

After digging around the files here's what i can find.
Yas marina circuit thumbnail with its different layout

rib_yasmarina_fullcircuit.png
rib_yasmarina_northalt.png
rib_yasmarina_northcircuit.png
rib_yasmarina_northcorkscrew.png
rib_yasmarina_southcircuit.png

There is also mentions of Hakone Mountain on the game strings regarding track layouts

hakone mountain.png

View attachment 1296367View attachment 1296369View attachment 1296370View attachment 1296371View attachment 1296372

There is also mentions of Hakone Mountain on the game strings regarding track layouts

View attachment 1296374
This is exciting. Not sure how you guys find this stuff but I really appreciate your technological savvy

Any chance someone can find out if Sebring is coming back? That is the track my son-in-law raced on and he was so disappointed that wasn't in the game

View attachment 1296367View attachment 1296369View attachment 1296370View attachment 1296371View attachment 1296372

View attachment 1296374
Excited about Yas Marina making its come back! And regarding Hakone Mountain, it's something @meganinja spoke about during Hakone Circuit's loading screen. Maybe that will be added with some drift update? Who knows?

Data from True Archivements says that 90% of players had not made a Online Race yet
73% in Steam

Yet more evidence that most players don’t care for competitive online racing. GT7 has similar stats for its Sport mode. I hope Turn 10, and especially PD, get the hint already and start prioritizing single-player content again.

Just a PSA. While the game lacks a public lobby browser, you can use Looking For Group to find public lobbies of all types.

View attachment 1296398

This is on a Steam copy of the game.
This began with the Xbox one games where all lobby functions and clubs were moved out of the forza games and into the Xbox social apps.
Shame really, because an in game browser (with the share code system) could help the game a lot.

I also think they need to bring back unranked hoppers, with the penalty system and hopefully track day lobbies.

I'm kinda shocked at how seamless FM has been for online. Especially after FH5 was unusable online for a month, while fm7 and fh4 had random disconnections.
I have seen a lot less lagging players too.

If only the rest of the game was this smooth.

I'm kinda shocked at how seamless FM has been for online. Especially after FH5 was unusable online for a month, while fm7 and fh4 had random disconnections.
I have seen a lot less lagging players too.

If only the rest of the game was this smooth.
I love how this is the first post I see after CTDing whilst waiting for a Forza Touring Cars race to start :banghead:

73% in Steam

As was gone over earlier in this thread, achievement numbers are pretty meaningless in the GamePass era and will look pretty dire for any area of the game.

Using the same website, 92% of players haven't completed a single Tour, and 76% of players haven't even created a race in Free Play. Also 31% of players didn't even complete the intro Builder's Cup series with the starter car, 59% of players haven't even bothered to complete a single Builder's Cup series, not even the time-limited ones. When only about 2/3rds of the players who turn the game on even finish the tutorial series, the percentages for everything else after that will of course dip off sharply, especially for things that many view as more challenging or "advanced" that they need more experience/knowledge with the game before dipping into.

Also using that site, it seems 90% of players don't share a photo, 91% don't share a paint, and 86% don't use Rivals, yet people around here don't post that T10 should stop supporting those features. Can't say I understand why some of you seem bent on some weird "anti multiplayer crew!" thing and keep posting about it and giving each other virtual high fives.

Look at that other person above, multiple people post about not playing multiplayer and declare it's full of idiots and that's all fine, but one person posts about preferring multiplayer and says they think single player is boring and they get told that they are being an elitist in a snarky tone.

Wait, can you really only save eight replays?
Pretty sure that's the same as Forza 7... but maybe it allowed 10? We were always running out, then when you forget to delete one and had to save over an old one, it would screw up the date of the new one.

I've yet to get one to actually save from multiplayer. I know a few people who have had a replay save from multiplayer, but it just has all the cars sitting on the line revving but not moving anyway. At this point it's difficult to imagine actually having 8 replays that work to have saved. I did have one from single player save though, and it actually works.

I haven't had a chance to figure out how long they last this time. FM7 they only lasted about 22 mins, unless it was raining then it would often only last 9-12mins or so. I tried to save a 27min race the other day but when I went to check my replays, it wasn't there.
It could be done, quite easily at that, but as you can probably tell from some of the above posts, this place can be pretty single-player oriented, so I dunno if it would get too far off the ground. There are tons of leagues out there that offer clean racing, but it can take a little bit of time to find one that fits you and your schedule. I'd recommend taking a look though, it seems you want longer races and many offer that, and it's definitely something that can really transform your experience with the game as there are leagues that do things like qualifying, realistic style rolling starts, cautions, multiclass racing, fuel/tire strategy, manufacturer and team championships, and so on.

@PJTierney runs a group on EU time, so might keep an eye on them and see if/what they do for future FM stuff.

Other than that, can't really point you anywhere specific though as we aren't allowed to link to racing league sites here, and all the ones I know well enough to recommend operate on US time anyway. We have some British racers in our group, but they are up at 2am finishing races and that's certainly not viable for everyone.

TORA has EU timezone series, but my personal experiences there have been pretty mixed so I dunno if I'd recommend them for a first organized series, but it's a place to start and you should be able to find others from "networking" there.
major issue with private lobby is there is no tire wear. Kinda defeats the league idea
There is tire wear as long as you have it turned on, it's just that without the multiplier to tire wear it's slow. Depending on car/track, the softs last around 35 to 45 minutes in private lobbies compared to the 6 minutes or so in Featured Multiplayer.

Slicks in FM7 lasted between 40-ish minutes for higher powered FWD cars up to nearly an hour for GTs and stuff, and leagues made that work for years. While a tire wear multiplier option in lobby settings would be a massive improvement for the game, it's still better than FM7 as it is now.

Last edited:
People can join Featured Multiplayer as a group.

My club did that with Formula Mazdas and we had a great night of racing.

Latest Posts

Back