Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Since things are being carelessly leaked and I can't do anything about it, may as well just post the list of plaintext car labels referenced in the files. The devs will likely start cleaning these things up or encrypting them soon anyway.
ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CAD_57_CTSVTA_18 (TA being Trans Am, like the Challenger we recently got)
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LAN_Delta_92 (potentially just a FH leftover)
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13

Last edited:
Since things are being carelessly leaked and I can't do anything about it, may as well just post the list of plaintext car labels referenced in the files. The devs will likely start cleaning these things up or encrypting them soon anyway.
ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13

Let’s just say I’d be shocked if the Giulietta and 308TCR don’t make it in a pack, in the same I’d have been surprised if Yas Marina didn’t come to the game pretty soon after launch.

Also using that site, it seems 90% of players don't share a photo, 91% don't share a paint, and 86% don't use Rivals, yet people around here don't post that T10 should stop supporting those features. Can't say I understand why some of you seem bent on some weird "anti multiplayer crew!" thing and keep posting about it and giving each other virtual high fives.
I think you're reading way too much into this. I don't believe that many people here, if anybody, agree with the idea that Turn 10 should stop supporting multiplayer. Just that those of us who don't use it should be supported by a better and more complete singleplayer campaign than the one we got at launch. The number of likes for those posts possibly reflects the number of people that feel we're in the same position and to refer to them as "anti multiplayer" "virtual high fives" seems a little on the defensive side to me.

If someone decides to post that "every racing game has dull as a doorknob singleplayer" I doubt many people are going to agree, opinion or not.

Last edited:
As was gone over earlier in this thread, achievement numbers are pretty meaningless in the GamePass era and will look pretty dire for any area of the game.

Using the same website, 92% of players haven't completed a single Tour, and 76% of players haven't even created a race in Free Play. Also 31% of players didn't even complete the intro Builder's Cup series with the starter car, 59% of players haven't even bothered to complete a single Builder's Cup series, not even the time-limited ones. When only about 2/3rds of the players who turn the game on even finish the tutorial series, the percentages for everything else after that will of course dip off sharply, especially for things that many view as more challenging or "advanced" that they need more experience/knowledge with the game before dipping into.

Also using that site, it seems 90% of players don't share a photo, 91% don't share a paint, and 86% don't use Rivals, yet people around here don't post that T10 should stop supporting those features. Can't say I understand why some of you seem bent on some weird "anti multiplayer crew!" thing and keep posting about it and giving each other virtual high fives.

Look at that other person above, multiple people post about not playing multiplayer and declare it's full of idiots and that's all fine, but one person posts about preferring multiplayer and says they think single player is boring and they get told that they are being an elitist in a snarky tone.
If you don’t want to go by achievement stats, that’s fine. Fortunately, there’s proof elsewhere showing what people would rather do first:

A89DD7A0-43EA-4CB4-9849-B106F8128203.jpeg

Last edited:
Suddenly cannot join any online multi-player the whole morning. Constantly disconnecting mid practice, and now freezing screen at finding game server... Three attempts and I'm done trying.

No other game I play online is giving issues.

it seems 90% of players don't share a photo, 91% don't share a paint, and 86% don't use Rivals, yet people around here don't post that T10 should stop supporting those features.
It's true of most computer games that most "players" don't really play them at all. In most games, you'll find achievements you'd expect any serious player to complete pretty quickly that have been completed by well under 100% of players.

It's therefore better to look at relative completion rates, e.g. your figures suggest rivals is more popular than painting.

Another comparison is:
Reach Car Level 50 in any car: 9.2%
Complete 100 laps in multiplayer: 9.8%
My interpretation of that is that multiplayer and levelling up cars are roughly similarly popular activities, as both of those would take at least a few hours.

But the really important point I want to make is there isn't much reason to remove any feature if it has no negative effect on people who don't want to use it. It may have been better to put the coding effort into something else, but if the work has already been done and there's no cost to retain the feature, it doesn't make much sense to remove it.

The problem with the car level system is that while some people might like it, it actively degrades the game playing experience for all the people who don't like it. This makes it completely different to features such as painting, photo mode, rivals etc where people who don't like them can just not use them.

My suggestion is they should therefore make the car level system optional, just like it's optional to use photo mode, or paint cars, or do rivals. That way, people who like it can use it, and those who don't like it can just not use it.

ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13
These are some sick cars

I hope TA cars get their own division, along with the V8 Supercars. The SCV12 needs to go to factory race cars, and the Huracan Evo GT3 (which is in FH5) should take its place in Forza GT.

The Mazda RT24p is a Dpi, and the monza is an IMSA GT racecar.

The hendrick 2nd and penske 3rd seem to be NASCAR Cup caps.

Also waiting for the AM valkyrie to drop.

I think you're reading way too much into this. I don't think many people here, if anybody, agree with the idea that Turn 10 should stop supporting multiplayer. Just that those of us who don't use it should be supported by a better and more complete singleplayer campaign than the one we got at launch. The number of likes for those posts possibly reflects that many of us are in the same position and to refer to them as "anti multiplayer" "virtual high fives" seems a bit on the defensive side to me.

I fully agree the single player should be much better than it is and you will generally find me supporting and liking many of the ideas put forward on the single player side of things even if I personally want to do as little racing against the AI as I possibly can. I just don't see why some people try to make a case for single player features by putting multiplayer down, implying it's just for some weird minority and the devs need to "see the light" or whatever instead of just discussing the ways single player can/should be improved... Although I suppose there are only so many times the community can cry out for incredibly obvious single player features like custom offline championships and hand-selected AI grids and be totally ignored before they give up and turn their frustration elsewhere.

A little defensive I guess, but multiplayer in FM8 needs work too, and if someone chose to try to make that case by putting down single player and hunting for some confirmation bias statistic to suggest people don't care about single player content, I think single player people would be defensive in that case too... and probably bury them under a mountain of poos, so I dunno why it should be celebrated when it's the other way around.

If someone posts that "every racing game has dull as a doorknob singleplayer" I doubt many people are going to agree, opinion or not.
Not agreeing is fine, but I think there's a difference between not agreeing and snarkily accusing someone of being deliberately toxic.

I also don't see how "singleplayer is boring" seems any more rude, judgemental or unreasonable than saying "multiplayer is just idiot rammers" or (so far yet to be used in this thread, but used elsewhere on this forum) "esports sweat douchebags."

If you don’t want to go by achievement stats, that’s fine. Fortunately, there’s proof elsewhere showing what people would rather do first:
Doing something first is much different than "only the minority ever touch multiplayer, focus on single player" though. I think you will find even the people who bought the game mostly for multiplayer probably did some single player first to get some money built up, get used to the physics, level some cars up, and so on, and that has been the case for basically every racing game that offers both.

These are some sick cars

I hope TA cars get their own division, along with the V8 Supercars. The SCV12 needs to go to factory race cars, and the Huracan Evo GT3 (which is in FH5) should take its place in Forza GT.

The Mazda RT24p is a Dpi, and the monza is an IMSA GT racecar.

The hendrick 2nd and penske 3rd seem to be NASCAR Cup caps.

Also waiting for the AM valkyrie to drop.
Indeed.

Would be kinda cool to see the TA Camaro and Mustang turn out be TA2 cars, as they would offer a pretty different driving experience, and I think the game could use some more "ladder" style race cars. Might have a better chance of them getting broken off into their own class if they were all just TA cars though.

The DPi Mazda would be interesting, and I really hope we get the Caddy DPi too so we can have the trio.

If the Monza is a DeKon Monza I will be very happy, such awesome cars and they were actually very prominent and successful but rarely show up in games for some reason. The only non-mod DeKon Monza I can think of offhand is in RaceRoom.

Last edited:
It's pretty much that for sure. Mind you, that's the winner of the 1977 IMSA Camel GT championship.
ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13
2018 Alfa Romeo #11 DUO Motorsport Giulietta (Forza Touring Cars)
2017 Aston Martin #98 Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage GTE Le Mans (Forza GT)
2018 Cadillac #57 Kryderacing CTS-V TA (Forza GT)
1977 Chevrolet #14 Dickinson/Holbert Racing DeKon Monza (GTX Sportscars)
2018 Ford #98 Breathless Road Racing Mustang TA (Forza GT)
1992 Lancia Delta Integrale EVO (Hot Hatch Icons)
2020 Lexus #14 AIM Vasser Sullivan RC F GT3 (Forza GT)
2018 Mazda #55 Mazda Team Joest RT24-P (Forza Proto-H)
2019 McLaren #01 McLaren GT 720S GT3 (Forza GT)
2019 McLaren Senna GTR (Modern Factory Racecars)
2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3 (Forza GT)
2018 Peugeot #7 DG Sport Compétition 308 GTI (Forza Touring Cars)
2013 Volvo C30 Polestar (Modern Hot Hatch)

602702.jpg

wec-spa-francorchamps-2016-98-aston-martin-racing-aston-martin-vantage-gte-paul-dalla-lana.jpg

xlarge.jpg

16107671293_c8151b27e1_k.jpg

171109-Katech-Ernie-Francis-Jr-Ford-TA-hi-res.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2001bc3330_820.jpg

mazda-rt24-p-dayt-2018-6-886x591-1.jpg

mclaren_720s_gt3_2019_4k_2-3840x2160.jpg

wp7368491.jpg

mercedes-amg-gt3-race-car.jpg

jlj-3071652.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Last edited:
I fully agree the single player should be much better than it is and you will generally find me supporting and liking many of the ideas put forward on the single player side of things even if I personally want to do as little racing against the AI as I possibly can. I just don't see why some people try to make a case for single player features by putting multiplayer down, implying it's just for some weird minority and the devs need to "see the light" or whatever instead of just discussing the ways single player can/should be improved... Although I suppose there are only so many times the community can cry out for incredibly obvious single player features like custom offline championships and hand-selected AI grids and be totally ignored before they give up and turn their frustration elsewhere.

A little defensive I guess, but multiplayer in FM8 needs work too, and if someone chose to try to make that case by putting down single player and hunting for some confirmation bias statistic to suggest people don't care about single player content, I think single player people would be defensive in that case too... and probably bury them under a mountain of poos, so I dunno why it should be celebrated when it's the other way around.
I guess this is the trouble with calling out general trends rather than addressing specific posts. For what it's worth, I think FM's multiplayer, while it seems to be in a better state than its singleplayer campaign to me right now, deserves to be improved as much as opportunities for one player gameplay need to be expanded and one shouldn't be at the expense of the other.

Last edited:
it's something @meganinja spoke about during Hakone Circuit's loading screen.
Yup
Maybe that will be added with some drift update?
Unlikely, i think that would come along Nurburing Nord

Oh I thought we were getting the updated layout?
T10 said we will get updated layouts, but in 2D map its hard to know the changes unless you put old layout vs new layoud side by side or it is a placeholder like someone had said
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
*list with various cars

I am suprised you guys missed that those 2 cars are NASCAR cars

#24 Chevy SS NAPA Chase Elliott
#22 Ford Fusion Shell/Pennsoil Joey Logano

1697714266042.png
1697714164491.png

also
Photos of the Trans AM beside the Caddy
1697714959235.png

1697714929956.png

Last edited:
ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13
Speaking of file stuffs, do you know if the banners, posters etc. of the various car divisions in the game are accessible?

They’d be great for communities making their own promo graphics for race nights.

Unlikely, i think that would come along Nurburing Nord

Wouldn’t really make sense for a ‘drift update’ to come with Nordschleife, rather that Hakone Mountain. While we don’t exactly know what it’ll be, thematically, Hakone Mountain would suit a drift update much more.

T10 said we will get updated layouts, but in 2D map its hard to know the changes unless you put old layout vs new layoud side by side or it is a placeholder like someone had said

Going off Esaki’s quote, I guess the images are placeholders. The changes to the circuit are quite major and the images we’ve seen are clearly the old layout.

Speaking of file stuffs, do you know if the banners, posters etc. of the various car divisions in the game are accessible?

They’d be great for communities making their own promo graphics for race nights.
They are accessible, too many to list, so if you want to hit me up with anything specific you want just let me know.

Builders Cup.....I don't get it, how do I out build the competition when they are running high levels parts before I can in the first few races of a series, it makes for some unbalanced races. I add some level 1/2 parts and the AI is running racing tyres in the 2nd race. My strategy for this is to just add HP and it usually works blasting past on the straights.

The last 2 races of a series I can run at Max PI say 700 but AI are not maxing there cars I can have a 40-50 PI advantage, again unbalanced.

I've now started keeping cars stock for the whole series, the AI then closely matches my PI and keeps their cars mainly stock for all races except the last one where they usually upgrade, so I have to upgrade to match them. It gives fairer more consistent closer races with the AI and is a lot more fun.

Another thing is the AI practice laps are sometimes 2 seconds faster than race pace, not helped by them running 100% full tanks say 45laps worth for a 5 lap race, so I'm now running full tanks to keep things fairer. The racing is more even now, until you get to the front and they just give up.

ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18 = 2019 Chevrolet #3 Lawrence Loshak Pennzoil Camaro TA based on the Trans-Am reports found at gotransam.com

Loshak.jpg

AST_98_V8Vantage_17's the file name for the 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

And one last look at List_PartsManufacturer. More interesting manufacturers discovered.
  • Parnelli
  • Shadow Racing
  • Duesenberg
  • Miller
  • Kurtis-Kraft
  • Polestar
  • SARD
  • Freightliner
  • Zeekr
  • Lucid

Also found a change for a past leaked car.
FOR_20_B190_90 -> FOR_20_B188_88.

Last edited:
Those will be some awesome additions to Forza especially the modern trans am cars and the GT3 cars, even TCR is getting even more of a boost which is great. But something needs to be said and I will keep saying this and others should too, T10 NEEDS TO SEPARATE TRANS AM AND V8 SUPERCARS FROM FORZA GT! Give these cars their own division especially as they expand said rosters or add even more different cars into that class of jumbled mix. How hard can it be to just make a tab for v8 supercars which was in FM6 and a tab for trans am which could also include the 80s/90s ones we have already.

Last edited:
The upcoming cars look like a pretty decent list, but I just want to know why they removed the CLK-GTR despite it featuring in 2 of the achievement pics albeit in the back. :indiff:

Maybe it was to hopefully either do a rescan or give it the proper specs/stats as the model that's in FH5/FM7 is about 95% accurate to the real car and while not nearly as bad as some of the ones mentioned every 5 minutes it had some noticeable inaccuracies as it was a combo of the regular model, race car/GT1 and SuperSport.

ALF_11_GiuliettaBTCC_18
AST_98_V8Vantage_17
CHE_3_CamaroTA_18
CHE_14_Monza_77
CHE_24_Hendrick3rd_17
FOR_22_Penske2nd_17
FOR_98_MustangTA_18
LEX_14_RCFGT3_20
MAZ_55_RT24P_18
MCL_01_720SGT3_19
MCL_SennaGTR_19
MER_71_AMGGT3_18
PEU_7_308TCR_18
VOL_C30Polestar_13
The Senna GTR is already shown on the Nurburgring Rivals tab so it's pretty much a given it'll be added at some stage

I've now started keeping cars stock for the whole series, the AI then closely matches my PI and keeps their cars mainly stock for all races except the last one where they usually upgrade, so I have to upgrade to match them. It gives fairer more consistent closer races with the AI and is a lot more fun.
I didn't know you could see the upgrades to the AI cars. But, I'm usually the last one to figure that kind of stuff out.

How do I see the AI upgrades?

Wouldn’t really make sense for a ‘drift update’ to come with Nordschleife, rather that Hakone Mountain. While we don’t exactly know what it’ll be, thematically, Hakone Mountain would suit a drift update much more.
I Guess you got my wording wrong
I dont think it will come with a Drift Update, beacuse I think it will come with same update as Nordschleife beacuse both are long tracks that demand time for details

Also the existence of those 2 tracks with other tracks missing layouts make me feel that other tracks may get extra layouts in updates as well
HON_9_Ganassi_19
That is a Indycar, i think that it is a place holder from Forza 7 maybe is the same with the NASCARs

10 NEEDS TO SEPARATE TRANS AM AND V8 SUPERCARS FROM FORZA GT
I think that they will do it, but not until all TransAM and new gen of SuperCars be in the game

Last edited:
I haven't read into this too much, but does disconnecting from a MP lobby or quitting a race reduce your safety rating? I was S / 4912 2 days ago but got disconnected from one race, then the next race my dog decided to come downstairs and vomit on the carpet next to me causing me to quit the race right before it started. When I went to play the next day it dropped me to A / 4912. Nothing major happened in any of the other races I was in. I had a few penalties from track boundaries but no penalties from collisions. Also, how long does it take on average to go back to S?

For people that want more econoboxes and kei cars in FM, the mods there just added a bunch of those for voting list, i suggest and recommend you guys take a small time to vote for the cars that you guys want see in the game, it only needs the account you already uses to play the game after all

Can somebody help me,whats the secret to painting wheels black?For the life of me if i select black from the colour picker they dont seem to change colour properly,the only way i can get something near black is carbon polished.Take a photo though and they look awful.Is this a glitch or am i missing something so obvious?

Last edited:
Can somebody help me,whats the secret to painting wheels black?For the life of me if i select black from the colour picker they dont seem to change colour properly,the only way i can get something near black is carbon polished.Take a photo though and they look awful.Is this a glitch or am i missing something so obvious?
Coloring wheels right now is very strange/broken, and black paint also seems to still be brighter than it should be, unfortunately doesn't seem like there's a fix for it right now.

Latest Posts

Back