Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I'm playing the game for a week and I spent a fair amount of time trying to get a descent framerate on my rig (Ryzen 2600 + RTX 4070 + 32 GB), but apparently my CPU can't get the game at stable 60 fps (contrary to what the in-game benchmark report tells me), even by reducing resolution or every other option.
I replaced my R5 2600 cpu by a R5 5600 and framerate problems are gone (the game was awful to play on 2600).
My lowly 4-core CPU: pttttttt!!!
Since you achieved good FPS, what CPU do you have? I'd be curious to check its single-thread performance Vs R5 2600.

I replaced my R5 2600 cpu by a R5 5600 and framerate problems are gone (the game was awful to play on 2600).

Since you achieved good FPS, what CPU do you have? I'd be curious to check its single-thread performance Vs R5 2600.
It's an Intel Core i3 12100f with a Radeon RX 6650 XT, 16 GB of RAM (ddr4) and a 1 TB m.2 SSD. The motherboard is a B660.

It's an Intel Core i3 12100f with a Radeon RX 6650 XT, 16 GB of RAM (ddr4) and a 1 TB m.2 SSD. The motherboard is a B660.
Passmark Single Thread rating:
i3 12100f -> 3483
R5 2600 -> 2247
That would explain your good performances, despite these CPU being close overall.

Last edited:
I tested the game yesterday on pc (1650 super, R5 3600, 16gb's RAM - SSD) with a resolution of 1366x768 and I finally get a decent frame rate (60fps) fluctuating a bit and starting about 45fps with rain (full grid) and then 60.

Yeah, it doesn't look as good as series X but at least is playable with my wheel and I can create content too.

I guess there's hope for lower spec pc players, performance was atrocious at first.

Last edited:
oh, I didn't know something like this could happen; thought there were some interaction between installed mods making the car harder to drive (losing grip unreasonably fast compared to previous upgrades). Might have to try what you've explained.
Here is where I confirmed that it could happen.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eneral-discussion-thread.409544/post-14114764

I had upgraded the car and my number was close to what all of the other AI cars were. But in that instance I went ahead and did practice and the race and you see the results, my car had remained pretty much stock against a whole field of upgraded cars.

But in this last instance once I felt I still had the same stock car, apparently backing completely out of practice and starting all over again somehow triggered the upgrades to be installed.

A question for everyone, is there a way to find out what your current PI is BEFORE practice starts? Something in the pause menu perhaps that I'm not seeing? I know in pre race you can scroll through the driver lineup and see what tires everyone is running but I can't remember if it shows PI numbers.

Gt7 dosen’t use outdated car models the oldest ones are from sport
How tell me that you havent saw the video without tell me that you had not saw the video

In the video he makes clear that the ported models exist and clearly, BUT are just the HD PS3 Premium models, models that Kaz himself said that they would make them future proof to use in PS4 and beyond

Quite a few QOL additions i hope to be added,aswell as the one suggested by @Jezza819,it would be nice to be able to go straight into paint shop or performance tab with your current car.Its a bit of a pain to have to go to the car select screen to select the car your already in!
Unless ive missed a button press/shortcut?

Buy the car, go to the livery editor, go to find new designs, search for my name.
I can't find it.

When I search by "PJ" I get an inappropriate content warning.

When I search by your full name I still get The inappropriate content warning

When I search by your last name I get nothing

🤬🤬🤬

EDIT: FOUND IT

if anyone else is looking for the livery you have to put "pjtierney' with NO SPACE in between

Last edited:
Yeah, Microsoft has been blocking that since 2020, bit annoying when it's literally my name.

Anyway if you add me as a Friend on Xbox my stuff should get auto-recommended to you sometimes.

As per my website, same car is in the last 2 Horizon games.

Last edited:
I can't find it.

When I search by your full name I still get The inappropriate content warning

When I search by your last name I get nothing

🤬🤬🤬

EDIT: FOUND IT

if anyone else is looking for the livery you have to put "pjtierney' with NO SPACE in between
Even Urban Dictionary doesn't give any "naughty" results for PJ. What a world we live in, huh - someone offended by Pyjamas.

What in the actual 🤬 in this game's performance on PC? I'm trying to do the Track Day event with the P1 GTR and Nurb GP Short and the frame timing and frame pacing are just...abysmal.

Immediately, I thought "Well I am running RT settings that are beyond what's readily available in the game settings so let's turn that off," and nope...performance is still underneath the gutter and spiraling into a cave system.

What in the actual 🤬 in this game's performance on PC? I'm trying to do the Track Day event with the P1 GTR and Nurb GP Short and the frame timing and frame pacing are just...abysmal.

Immediately, I thought "Well I am running RT settings that are beyond what's readily available in the game settings so let's turn that off," and nope...performance is still underneath the gutter and spiraling into a cave system.
It really is a bizarre conundrum. With DLSS and RT off, and resolution to Ultra, I just run high/medium other settings and scale my resolution until the framerate sticks around at least 60 FPS. Sure it's not as crisp as it can be but what are you going to do until they fix it. They put us in a bind with this unoptimized crap.

what is your PC specs ?

Ok; Forza M just did a Lebron James Dunk on granturismo7. added safety ratings and penalties with a very very enjoyable multiplayer racing experience and career mode is interesting and not bland. besides a few bugs and the manual with clutch not shifting fast enough with controller; I give this Forza a solid 9 to of 10. King Kong is back Baby!

I got a repeatable crash to desktop. After the first race of the new Track Exotics I went to tune the car up. I clicked on X to do automatic update and the game crashed. Reloaded repeated the upgrade and bang it crashed again. Car was Ferrari FXX K.

Ok; Forza M just did a Lebron James Dunk on granturismo7. added safety ratings and penalties with a very very enjoyable multiplayer racing experience and career mode is interesting and not bland. besides a few bugs and the manual with clutch not shifting fast enough with controller; I give this Forza a solid 9 to of 10. King Kong is back Baby!
When I read post like that I really wonder if I play the same game, the cars FF, FR, RR or awd all have the same behavior, understeering, I drove all type of drivetrain and I've yet to spin or even get a power oversteer. The only oversteer I had was when I did bad weight transfer, when i turn and brake while entering a corner too fast or when the curbs behaves weirdly. Even Porsches understeer like crazy. And yes I play with all assist off except abs.

Sure multiplayer is fun and was quite close for the few races I've done so far but I always started close to the front and end up having a 2-3 players race with the cars in front.
Economy is far better and there's no stupid gatcha althought the leveling things seems weird considering the career format they did. It would have been fine if you could have kept your car and upgrade it as you do multiple series but since you have to change your car each time, it's kinda pointless and force you to repeat series or do free races to upgrades your car. When it's not really that hard or long to set up series so there's no excuses but GT7 is kinda on the same boat. I've said it numerous time but they could hire a student to just do races series. I also would have prefer to have a proper qualifying in single player rather than choosing artificially where I start.
Graphically on PC it really depends, sometimes the game is great but sometimes you get weird shadow bugs or weird frame drops.

All together, GT7 for me is still a better title even with the limited single player championship and the stupid economy, time attack kidna help gathering money and the various event are funnier than the event races in FM for me. And I prefer by miles the looks of GT7 cars.

How tell me that you havent saw the video without tell me that you had not saw the video

In the video he makes clear that the ported models exist and clearly, BUT are just the HD PS3 Premium models, models that Kaz himself said that they would make them future proof to use in PS4 and beyond

If that was true all gt6 premiums would be in gt7 witch is not the case, and their is clearly more detail to then campared to how they was in gt5 and gt6, some might be based around them but improvments have been made to the models witch you can clearly see in the game

I seen the video by the way, their is no evidence that gt7 uses ps3 ports, but even if thats the case they are still accurate, and they still look better than they did in previous games, same thing can not be said for some cars in forza i am afraid,

Last edited:
Just a lowly 5800X, 6900 XT and 16GB of RAM.
If you run the benchmark with for example high settings at 1440p with RT and FSR disabled (i.e. to get similar to Xbox Series X Performance Mode), what are your numbers for Stutter and GPU limited %?

I get the impression that some CPUs are fine, but others (even when noticeably faster) just misbehave and bottleneck everything, giving stutter and CPU limiting the game constantly. Ideally you would want 0 stutter and 90%+ GPU limited in the benchmark, since this is a stable and smooth experience.

Last edited:
If you run the benchmark with for example high settings at 1440p with RT and FSR disabled (i.e. to get similar to Xbox Series X Performance Mode), what are your numbers for Stutter and GPU limited %?

I get the impression that some CPUs are fine, but others (even when noticeably faster) just misbehave and bottleneck everything, giving stutter and CPU limiting the game constantly. Ideally you would want 0 stutter and 90%+ GPU limited in the benchmark, since this is a stable and smooth experience.

The game is very single core reliant. As in, it doesn't scale very well with core counts higher than 6, if I recall.

When I read post like that I really wonder if I play the same game, the cars FF, FR, RR or awd all have the same behavior, understeering, I drove all type of drivetrain and I've yet to spin or even get a power oversteer. The only oversteer I had was when I did bad weight transfer, when i turn and brake while entering a corner too fast or when the curbs behaves weirdly. Even Porsches understeer like crazy. And yes I play with all assist off except abs.
You're account here is not what I'm experiencing. You do make it sound like you have some sort of assist working. Is this with wheel or controller? And even if on controller, is this with steering set to simulation? Because on my high end wheel, I can spin cars all over the place. And quite frankly, on a controller with steering set to simulation, I was having a difficult time with snap oversteer. But I haven't used a controller in so long it's almost like I have to relearn it.
There's 2 things to note though, is this understeer happening during braking? And is this on the stock tires for all these cars.

First of all, one thing I don't like is the ridiculous amount of understeer under braking. This just about gets rid of the ability to trail brake. You have to be well into a corner before the brakes now work to rotate the car rather than plow it forward in a straight line.
Second, I don't know if the stock tires are made of plastic or wood but they are next to useless in some cases. The game is forcing you to up these to something, and if the next step is a "street" tire then what is on the cars to begin with? Wagon tires?

It's already been noted how race cars such as certain GT3's or the 919 slide around with oversteer when they should be more planted with downforce and tires that shouldn't give up lateral grip that fast. You should like GT7 if that's what you like but I think overall the cars behave more different from one another in FM than in GT7. Not by much. These are still in game territory but I feel like the physics and what I feel through the wheel in FM is taking it a little closer to sim territory. Some cars are obviously better than others in this regard and there are certainly examples where one car shines and another doesn't. For both titles.

you shouldn't have terrible frame pacing issue with that setup

Oh I'm well aware of what my performance should be. :grumpy:

That's not at you, btw. That's aimed at the game's optimization and lack thereof.

These are my benches from early access on Adrenalin 23.9.2, I think it was.

Last edited:
@Terronium-12 have you downloaded the latest 23.10.2 version of Adrenalin? That has some drivers specifically for FM that might help out if you don't have it yet.

This is what I am getting with 5800X3D and RTX 3080TI.

FM RT Optimized.jpg

Last edited:
Back