Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
When I read post like that I really wonder if I play the same game, the cars FF, FR, RR or awd all have the same behavior, understeering, I drove all type of drivetrain and I've yet to spin or even get a power oversteer.
I just bought the Brabham BT62 to be sure of having a car in its stock state, and tried Mid Ohio rivals, changing to soft tyres, min fuel load, assists off. If I exit the first hairpin in 3rd gear while fully steering, it has no problem spinning the back wheels and spinning out. I'm playing with controller.

@Terronium-12 have you downloaded the latest 23.10.2 version of Adrenalin? That has some drivers specifically for FM that might help out if you don't have it yet.

Absolutely. I've been on 23.10.1 (which is the same thing sans Anti-Lag+ being disabled which isn't a concern for me anyway :lol: ) since just before it was pulled. I'm about to go to the second AFMF preview driver.

Does someone have no idea or tips about the track that will come in December? I am suprised that nobody had found nothing yet about the track in the files

Maybe could be Hakone Mountain?

I started doing the introduction races for mp and the frame drops were awful again around the other Laguna Seca layout. The frame drops overall feel the worst when it’s bright and sunny.

There's been a sneaky "stealth update" on :gtpflag: ... 🤨
Forza Motorsport is now ABOVE Forza Horizon on the forum list. It was below it yesterday 🤔

Anyway, am I correct that you can't buy the 2020 Audi R8 in the Autoshow - you can only get it via the Open Tour?

If so - we need a PSA to tell people to watch out as that Open Tour is due to change next month and I assume the R8 won't be attainable when it does as it will be replaced by something else?

We all know that the car in the "Featured Tour" will disappear, but I'm not sure the Open Tour car has been highlighted at all (there was just that single slide which said "TBA" for the German open tour reward) and a lot of people won't realise that they could miss out on the R8?

This career layout is bloody confusing and poorly set out. You have Featured Tour in one tab with timed events and exclusive reward car, and then buried right at the bottom of the main career tab you have the same thing but in the Open Tour.

If the Open Tour is a timed event with an exclusive car it should have it's own tab, same as Featured Tour?

Forza Motorsport is now ABOVE Forza Horizon on the forum list. It was below it yesterday 🤔

Anyway, am I correct that you can't buy the 2020 Audi R8 in the Autoshow - you can only get it via the Open Tour?

If so - we need a PSA to tell people to watch out as that Open Tour is due to change next month and I assume the R8 won't be attainable when it does as it will be replaced by something else?

We all know that the car in the "Featured Tour" will disappear, but I'm not sure the Open Tour car has been highlighted at all (there was just that single slide which said "TBA" for the German open tour reward) and a lot of people won't realise that they could miss out on the R8?

This career layout is bloody confusing and poorly set out. You have Featured Tour in one tab with timed events and exclusive reward car, and then buried right at the bottom of the main career tab you have the same thing but in the Open Tour.

If the Open Tour is a timed event with an exclusive car it should have it's own tab, same as Featured Tour?
Do we know if the open tour will change? There's no time countdown for it...

Couldn't it be the case that a new Open Tour will be added?

That's been my concern as well. In their "evolving content" blog post T10 said that the open tour would be refreshed each month with a new theme. It's not clear to me whether this also means the reward car will change, so I need to finish the open tour before then just to be safe.

The multiplayer races feel like proper events with live practice, qualifying and pit stops. It's so much more authentic compared to GT7 and with so many more races to choose from at any given time, you won't get bored in a hurry. I also prefer the penalty system because it's consistent and harshly penalises bad driving, so if you keep your **** together, you can take advantage of other's stupidity. I don't understand why GT7 can't do the same thing - oh wait I do understand. They can't be bothered.

When I read post like that I really wonder if I play the same game, the cars FF, FR, RR or awd all have the same behavior, understeering, I drove all type of drivetrain and I've yet to spin or even get a power oversteer. The only oversteer I had was when I did bad weight transfer, when i turn and brake while entering a corner too fast or when the curbs behaves weirdly. Even Porsches understeer like crazy. And yes I play with all assist off except abs.
You're account here is not what I'm experiencing. You do make it sound like you have some sort of assist working. Is this with wheel or controller? And even if on controller, is this with steering set to simulation? Because on my high end wheel, I can spin cars all over the place. And quite frankly, on a controller with steering set to simulation, I was having a difficult time with snap oversteer. But I haven't used a controller in so long it's almost like I have to relearn it.
Same here, all the drivetrains feel pretty different to me. There's some cars that do understeer too much but it's more down to their weird stock tunes than anything, in my experience. I'm pretty sure I've had to adjust the tune on every car I've used. I mentioned it before but the default tunes don't really feel like they were created with any human input. I don't use any assists but I could see how that would affect people's opinions as well.

If you want a car with uncontrollable oversteer with stock tune, use the Vulcan AMR Pro. You can't throttle out of a corner in that car without it trying to spin around. It almost feels like a bug. Should that car be this undriveable? You can sort of fix it with tuning but it's really slow compared to the fastest R class cars from what I can tell. Also the settings you have to use to fix it don't seem like intended values to me, since having those values doesn't make it handle like the settings would imply it should.

Last edited:
Drove the Vulcan AMR Pro yesterday. Was pretty fun. Didi not change anything on the cars setup. Far away from undrivable to me. Normal steering is all i use. No ABS, TCS, nada :)

Last edited:
Drove the Vulcan AMR Pro yesterday. Was pretty fun. Didi not change anything on the cars setup. Far away from undrivable to me. Normal steering is all i use. No ABS, TCS, nada :)
I used it in rivals so it might only be an issue while really pushing to go faster. It oversteers on corner exit like a powerbuild from FH5.

When I tried the controller and went back to the wheel and didn't turn the steering from normal to simulation, I noticed the cars were easier to drive. It still has some sort of assist in there and most likely to make the controllers usable.
I think people are having different accounts of what they feel or experience due to these different settings having an affect. And CeeJay is right. The default setups alone are fairly bad on a lot of cars. They're set up to understeer to make them easy and accessible. Right off the bat we have tire pressures and brake balance for most cars and those can already make a big difference on if the car over or understeers.
I still overall agree that the cars are easy to drive and are more prone to understeer though. FM is getting lift off oversteer pretty good though.

Wheel support has improved a lot but if someone wants to be competitive online then they’re way better off with a controller. No abs, no tc, manual gears with normal steering on a controller still feels like the best.

I gave multiplayer a proper go tonight with a friend and it was awesome. I love how the races are set up with practice, qualy, choosing fuel loads and tires. Everything is very simple and easy to understand.

The people avoiding multiplayer are missing out big time. It’s the best part about this game.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-10-20 184434.png

Screenshot 2023-10-20 184458.png

giphy.gif

This is why I made a suggestion in the official Forza forums to make time-limited and "reward showcase" cars available in the Autoshow and as a rental car in Free Play.

Apparently cars like the Subaru BRZ, KTM X-Bow GT2, Ferrari FXX K, Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2016) and Ginetta G60 LT-P1 will be available in the Autoshow and Free Play once their respective tours are available.

What in the actual 🤬 in this game's performance on PC? I'm trying to do the Track Day event with the P1 GTR and Nurb GP Short and the frame timing and frame pacing are just...abysmal.

Immediately, I thought "Well I am running RT settings that are beyond what's readily available in the game settings so let's turn that off," and nope...performance is still underneath the gutter and spiraling into a cave system.
Yeah I'm done with it until there is some improvements made, I'll keep reading this thread for any news on that. A shame really as I want to enjoy the game.

On the other hand I went back and played AMS2, absolute chalk and cheese. What a joy to play.

When I tried the controller and went back to the wheel and didn't turn the steering from normal to simulation, I noticed the cars were easier to drive. It still has some sort of assist in there and most likely to make the controllers usable.
I think people are having different accounts of what they feel or experience due to these different settings having an affect. And CeeJay is right. The default setups alone are fairly bad on a lot of cars. They're set up to understeer to make them easy and accessible. Right off the bat we have tire pressures and brake balance for most cars and those can already make a big difference on if the car over or understeers.
I still overall agree that the cars are easy to drive and are more prone to understeer though. FM is getting lift off oversteer pretty good though.

I play on pad, Normal definitely limits steering angle which feels like understeer and automatically counter steers for you and prevents over correcting in most cases. I've had some ridiculous angled drifts by just lifting off the gas and letting go of the stick.

Simulation allows more steering angle to be applied and you have to counter steer yourself, unfortunately the pad doesn't respond quick enough to counter steer or over correcting resulting in tank slappers that are hard to catch as the steering is too slow to react in those moments. I'm finding Normal faster for higher class and road and race cars but prefer simulation for lower classes and overall as you can manoeuvre the cars better and invoke over steer and rear slip better.

I just bought the Brabham BT62 to be sure of having a car in its stock state, and tried Mid Ohio rivals, changing to soft tyres, min fuel load, assists off. If I exit the first hairpin in 3rd gear while fully steering, it has no problem spinning the back wheels and spinning out. I'm playing with controller.
I dont seem to have massive under/oversteer issues like some,I play on controller set to simulation.Im not the fastest so thats probably a lot to do with it,I also try and get my braking done in a straight line,again its not the quickest way but works for me.But i agree some cars seem worse than others.

I can get oversteer in the MX5 so yeah...
I think for me, it's the initial switch from steady state corner to picking up the throttle that I'm finding understeer. Which seems... expected?

If I floor it and/or not unwind some steering then I'm getting oversteer from the cars I'd expect to get it from.

I think for me, it's the initial switch from steady state corner to picking up the throttle that I'm finding understeer. Which seems... expected?
Yes, unweighting the front wheels by pressing the throttle to accelerate out of a corner can cause understeer, and in many cars in stock form it seems like the change is a bit excessive for quite small amounts of throttle. The behaviour can be modified a lot with the tuning settings, e.g. anti-squat to reduce the weight transfer depending on whether you want to prioritise avoiding understeer or gaining rear wheel traction.

GT7 has the same effect, with the Gr.3 cars that have more weight at the back, like the 911, having better rear wheel traction, but more understeer accelerating out of corners, compared to front engined cars.

Last edited:
Apparently cars like the Subaru BRZ, KTM X-Bow GT2, Ferrari FXX K, Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2016) and Ginetta G60 LT-P1 will be available in the Autoshow and Free Play once their respective tours are available.
All cars will be in free play as long you have downloaded
Only the Featured car of month will be the "exclusive car" and it looks liklely that it will be added to campaing in someway in future

Only the Featured car of month will be the "exclusive car" and it looks liklely that it will be added to campaing in someway in future
That's why Turn Ten need to respond to my suggestion here, because this is very alarming and has the same principle as "come and go" mechanics like in FH4 and FH5's Festival Playlist.

And like I mentioned, there's no Auction House in FM8, and in Horizon, it's pointless as people tend to take advantage of it and scalp them. Another is you can only get them once, and if you like sell them, there's no other way to get them again.

Last edited:
O.... kay then.

How does the base credit payout for each race even work? This is the exact same race from five different YouTube videos:

1697894390892.png

And every one of them is from the same time period - 10-11 days ago - and before the v1.0 update... Four use the same car as well...

Same here, all the drivetrains feel pretty different to me. There's some cars that do understeer too much but it's more down to their weird stock tunes than anything, in my experience. I'm pretty sure I've had to adjust the tune on every car I've used. I mentioned it before but the default tunes don't really feel like they were created with any human input. I don't use any assists but I could see how that would affect people's opinions as well.

If you want a car with uncontrollable oversteer with stock tune, use the Vulcan AMR Pro. You can't throttle out of a corner in that car without it trying to spin around. It almost feels like a bug. Should that car be this undriveable? You can sort of fix it with tuning but it's really slow compared to the fastest R class cars from what I can tell. Also the settings you have to use to fix it don't seem like intended values to me, since having those values doesn't make it handle like the settings would imply it should.
I agree with the default tunes being pretty weird. In most cases the understeer that I've seen so many people complain about can be solved by softening up the front anti rollbar which is usually set super stiff in the stock tune.

I found the tuning guide from Overtake GG quite helpful:

O.... kay then.

How does the base credit payout for each race even work? This is the exact same race from five different YouTube videos:

View attachment 1296965

And every one of them is from the same time period - 10-11 days ago - and before the v1.0 update... Four use the same car as well...
Could it be tied to corner mastery? Maybe if somebody gets 10s everywhere they get more cash.

I seem to be spending more and more time in the Suggestions menu on the forum and less time actually playing the game.
I'm now in agreement with the others who state that we (desperately) need to utilise the voting system as much as possible.

I've also determined that 87.368% (number made up but it looks to be over 50% in some submenus) of all suggestions can be labelled as #addbacksomethingthatwasinFMbefore or #addsomethingfromFH5 . Which just proves even more to me that this game is only half finished and Turn10 are relying on us to tell them where to focus resources in order to make the other 50%.

It's a complete game in the sense it has all of the components for a beginning, a middle and an end. It's just it's missing all the extras that a good game should have. It's a bit like speed reading a pulp crime novel. You'll get the story and know who was the killer, but you'll know nothing about his motive, or why that blonde was included in the book.

Yeah could do that, but can't really be bothered ...it ruins the flow of going through the career in my opinion. Plus my car will likely be overpowered, I'm enjoying the stock cars, makes you really know a car by the end of the series and how to push it to the limits

Just tryed out my own suggestion, to check if there is any gain vs the AI-drivers. Entered the "Practical Performance" race and since I allready owned it I went for the Veloster FE. And then out of the race, into free play.

First a test-run on Laguna. Lots of potential here but it struggles to get the power down through the bends. Restrictions in this series is max PI600

We can buy wider tyres allready on car lvl 2 so I gave it 295 in front and 285 in the rear. Maxed forcedown in front, minimized in the rear end. Sat the camber to 2.0/1.8, caster 5.8. Pumped up the rear tyres to same level as the front tyres to make the rear-end more lively.

The car was a lot better now, beginning to show it`s potential. This wery basic upgrade is enough to do the job but I was hooked.

Some testraces later it was leveled up enough for me to 1:max weight-reduction and 2: a race gearbox. Gave it a sportsdifferencial too, left it at 35%. Added race brakes, race-exhaust & street airfilter & street flywheel and ended up on PI600.

Gearbox settings: 2.90/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.85, 3.65 rear. A bit closer gear-ratio and a lot faster gearshifts!

Softened springs to F:830 R:760, dampers to F: 5.0/11.8 R: 4.9/11.6 ARB`s set to F:15.0 R:17.5.

Uploaded this setup too but it`s more fun to "do it yourself" and have it unlocked & adsjustable.

Last edited:
Back