Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I was thinking the exclusivity of some racing series such as NASCAR and how Forza should deal with it, then i had found that Hot Wheels have some great racing car designs that could be added in Forza

I know some racing games such as Grid and GT also uses Fantasy Cars designed by them to fill the gap, but since Forza seeks third party instead of make their own cars, i think this would be a good idea

What you guys think about it? it is a good "Plan B" idea or they should explore other ways to deal with it?

Last edited:
This is why I avoid online racing. Sometimes when I do it I have two or three good experiences and I think "wow, this is fantastic". Then something like your experience that happens to me and I get infuriated and my stomach turns and I wonder how can somebody enjoy playing like that.
Yeah that's my experience, coupled with crashes just before the race and the game hanging after one, every few races.

i'M gOnNa rAm yOu To pRoVe i'M A bEtTeR dRiVeR 🤡

They really need to figure a way for the game to understand if player A rams player B at high speed and Player B then cuts a
chicane its because they were rammed across it and not give them a 5 second penalty.

Last edited:
I was thinking the exclusivity of some racing series such as NASCAR and how Forza should deal with it, then i had found that Hot Wheels have some great racing car designs that could be added in Forza

I know some racing games such as Grid and GT also uses Fantasy Cars designed by them to fill the gap, but since Forza seeks third party instead of make their own cars, i think this would be a good idea

What you guys think about it? it is a good "Plan B" idea or they should explore other ways to deal with it?

Fantasy racing versions of real cars take more work to build than building a real one from scratch. With the case of Gran Turismo, it could take up to an entire year to build one fictional racing car as you will have to conceptualize what a possible racing version would look like (sometimes even reimagine the car as a whole, as with the case of the Peugeot RCZ Gr. 3).

Forza has had a fictional race car before, but it was a Super GT GT500-style Hyundai Genesis, back in Motorsport 3 and 4, and there hasn't been any new fictional racing vehicles in the series ever since.

Motorsport 3 and 4 also had generic-looking NASCAR vehicles, but these weren't even popular and hardly anyone has ever touched them.

Last edited:
Same here, all the drivetrains feel pretty different to me. There's some cars that do understeer too much but it's more down to their weird stock tunes than anything, in my experience. I'm pretty sure I've had to adjust the tune on every car I've used. I mentioned it before but the default tunes don't really feel like they were created with any human input. I don't use any assists but I could see how that would affect people's opinions as well.

If you want a car with uncontrollable oversteer with stock tune, use the Vulcan AMR Pro. You can't throttle out of a corner in that car without it trying to spin around. It almost feels like a bug. Should that car be this undriveable? You can sort of fix it with tuning but it's really slow compared to the fastest R class cars from what I can tell. Also the settings you have to use to fix it don't seem like intended values to me, since having those values doesn't make it handle like the settings would imply it should.

I never use any kind of aid, but with the KTM Xbox GT2 I had to use TC on sport, it likes to slide a lot!

And to be honest, the sport TC wasn't as intrusive as the regular TC back in other Forzas...I guess it will be the way to go with GT cars.

I never use any kind of aid, but with the KTM Xbox GT2 I had to use TC on sport, it likes to slide a lot!

That freaking car, that freaking car 🤬

I completely understand why you had to use traction control.

When I had to select a car for that part of the career The reason I chose it was because it had the highest number for handling...

Maybe handling isn't what I thought it was because it was the most difficult car for me to drive so far and it was excruciating just to finish a practice session let alone the races

I have no idea why they would have me drive that thing that Mid-Ohio.

The penalty system isn't worth a dime at the moment, as you can blatantly side swipe a player (despite them giving you room) on a straight and kill any chance of them making back the place and a 5 sec penalty isn't gonna make a bit of difference. I'll give the system til my GP is about to run out to see if anything changes over that time.

Last edited:
The penalty system isn't worth a dime at the moment, as you can blatantly side swipe a player (despite them giving you room) on a straight and kill any chance of them making back the place and a 5 sec penalty isn't gonna make a bit of difference. I'll give the system til my GP is about to run out to see if anything changes over that time.
Lordy. I noted that in my review - was literally never penalised for it in single-player - and it's still there?! :scared:

Last edited:
Forza Custom Hud for PC:

Screenshot_519.jpg

Last edited:
Lordy. I noted that in my review - was literally never penalised for it in single-player - and it's still there?! :scared:
Yep, you'd hope if the system is doing its job players like that should be falling down the safety rankings, but if they do stuff like this to improve their final position in races they will be getting a higher skill rating, hence why I think average but clean drivers like me keep coming up against them. Not everyone is like that but there seems to be one or two in every lobby.

After playing a lot of Free Play, I’ve noticed if you upgrade your car way too much (typically with an engine swap+upgrades) in free play you get matched up against stock versions of the cars in your class/division. It’s like the game just gave up on matching your PI level. It seems like the AI don’t have access to conversion or Aero upgrades either so there’s a point where the game can’t match your PI but it still tries at least. The most annoying thing about all of this is when you’re at lower PI levels when the game can match your PI perfectly you get matched against AI that are 20-30 PI above you. They really need to fix this so the AI can have Aero and Conversions and they’re closer to your PI when it can be because the difficulty is more dependent on your car than what the actual difficulty setting is.

I'd rather they add a class with GT1/GTS/DTM/GT500 cars like they did in FM2-FM4 with the R2 class similar to GT7s Gr.2 class as those cars are pretty neat, and even though we have the road versions of almost all of them; the racecars seem to be overlooked in alot of major racing games for some reason minus Project Cars and GT7 to a very miniscule degree.

Motorsport 3 and 4 also had generic-looking NASCAR vehicles, but these weren't even popular and hardly anyone has ever touched them
Those were actual NASCAR Cup cars but without NASCAR stickers, it was possible since those cars used to race in various series outside NASCAR such as ARCA (that were independent) at that time
Also, as far i know, many people used to race with it in privated lobbies in FM4

I'd rather they add a class with GT1/GTS/DTM/GT500 cars like they did in FM2-FM4 with the R2 class similar to GT7s Gr.2 class as those cars are pretty neat, and even though we have the road versions of almost all of them; the racecars seem to be overlooked in alot of major racing games for some reason minus Project Cars and GT7 to a very miniscule degree.

This is more a case of "We cant get NASCAR/IndyCar/specific racing series that people want see in the game, so we are trying the next thing closer to it" isnt a question of add a new car for GT, more like add another type of racing

Forza Custom Hud
I liked the layout but i am afraid to get a ban, is this is legal?

I mean it looks cool but i wonder if this can give you a ban for use

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else has noticed yet but when doing the whole choosing a car be it searching for a Livery or something of that nature. If you click on the "Forza" brand it will show some (not all) of the Engine Swaps in the game and where they come from.

Sorry for low resolution images

Attachments

• rn_image_picker_lib_temp_35477053-2f96-4bfe-9961-fa66ecd417c8.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_35477053-2f96-4bfe-9961-fa66ecd417c8.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 7
  • rn_image_picker_lib_temp_df6bf2a4-b151-4378-a6eb-93062424cda2.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_df6bf2a4-b151-4378-a6eb-93062424cda2.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 7
  • rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f5e1a3a8-6760-4bce-97f0-a7485e6cf7ce.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_f5e1a3a8-6760-4bce-97f0-a7485e6cf7ce.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 8
  • rn_image_picker_lib_temp_14855cff-17ca-4744-bf1b-5e789d606ce8.jpg
    rn_image_picker_lib_temp_14855cff-17ca-4744-bf1b-5e789d606ce8.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Adding the BMW M3 GTR with the wing being a customization option is kinda an odd choice imo, feels like something I would expect from Gran Turismo more so than Forza Motorsport. Like how GT6,S, & 7 had the 1970 Dodge Challenger lose its wing. It sounds okay though.
View attachment 1297037

Anyway, I have more to say about the race tracks new to FM8. I will once again say that I really enjoyed driving on Grand Oak Raceway, I think it honestly could become a new favorite fantasy track of mine.
View attachment 1297039

Other opinions I have include the Nissan R390 and its odd color shading changes. Also with the track I was driving it on, Kyalami. For one of the new real-world tracks added to this series, I'm not fully sure how I feel about this track. I don't quite like the final sector of it for instance.
View attachment 1297040
I know it's all been said before but the graphics in these photos are terrible....they look like motorsport 2 screenshots

Not sure if anyone else has noticed yet but when doing the whole choosing a car be it searching for a Livery or something of that nature. If you click on the "Forza" brand it will show some (not all) of the Engine Swaps in the game and where they come from.

Sorry for low resolution images
Interesting, I saw those strings in the files on day one but didn't think they were used in game, I'd assumed they were part of a planned update.

@slthree @Kurosaki Dan If you looked at the setup of that thing it actually used positive camber. Fixed the alignment and that made the car. TC feels a lot more believable now and sport level is juuust enough if you need it. Kinda using the Honda ethos of the fastest way to stop wheelspin is to keep it happening in the first place. I usually don't use it but the KTM liked to spin up and spin out when hitting curbs, probably could have fixed it with suspension settings but didn't.

I know it's all been said before but the graphics in these photos are terrible....they look like motorsport 2 screenshots
I can't really do anything about it, that's how they look in-game and I have my settings maxed out except for resolution iirc.

I think he's using motion blur in the photo mode. The graphics in the game are excellent IMO, I can't think of any other track racing game that has better graphics, and most are arguably at least a little worse than FM.

Had a cracking race at Mugello Short in the TCs after qualifying P7 in the Golf. Jumped up to P3 as others were slow away at the start and slowly closed on the top 2 as they were squabbling with each other. Guy in the RS3 ran wide at the last corner and I managed to come home P2 after hassling the leader on the last lap.

I think he's using motion blur in the photo mode. The graphics in the game are excellent IMO, I can't think of any other track racing game that has better graphics, and most are arguably at least a little worse than FM.
Yep. The guys in the Photomode thread really highlight where the game sits.

If there a way to get it on Xbox via a phone screen?

I forgot to add that it is for PC. Not sure if Simhub can put overlays on Phone like it can on secondary displays and also i do not know it FM has the Data Out feature on xbox :)

Last edited:
Back