Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
So, new AMD drivers (23.10.2) claiming to support Forza Motorsport. Still, the Adrenalin launcher will not add the game, I could do it manually, but no big deal.
Now every time I launch the game it optimizes the shaders, which I recall didn't happen before and now is annoying (restart PC, maybe?).

So, new AMD drivers (23.10.2) claiming to support Forza Motorsport. Still, the Adrenalin launcher will not add the game, I could do it manually, but no big deal.
Now every time I launch the game it optimizes the shaders, which I recall didn't happen before and now is annoying (restart PC, maybe?).

Yeah uninstall, the shader problem is a known issue, I went back to 20.9.3 I think, and it's working fine, had no fps improvement in the newer drivers so wasn't worth keeping to recompile shaders everytime

Found another bug thats ducking up alot of people photo's. When you use the photomode and hit the shutter or stay still for 2 sec (staying still renders also) the image gets super soft. Its like the TAA is removing all the sharpness. The moment i moved the camera slightly the image was pin sharp.
testtt.jpg

Really had tons of fun doing the Open Series Tour, and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI is the perfect car to use throughout the whole tour, and that Audi R8 V10 Performance was worth it.

Just wished they would add reward cars to the car dealer and in Free Play.

Adding the BMW M3 GTR with the wing being a customization option is kinda an odd choice imo, feels like something I would expect from Gran Turismo more so than Forza Motorsport. Like how GT6,S, & 7 had the 1970 Dodge Challenger lose its wing. It sounds okay though.
Screenshot 2023-10-20 140114.png

Anyway, I have more to say about the race tracks new to FM8. I will once again say that I really enjoyed driving on Grand Oak Raceway, I think it honestly could become a new favorite fantasy track of mine.
Screenshot 2023-10-20 134014.png

Other opinions I have include the Nissan R390 and its odd color shading changes. Also with the track I was driving it on, Kyalami. For one of the new real-world tracks added to this series, I'm not fully sure how I feel about this track. I don't quite like the final sector of it for instance.
Screenshot 2023-10-20 134608.png

Adding the BMW M3 GTR with the wing being a customization option is kinda an odd choice imo, feels like something I would expect from Gran Turismo more so than Forza Motorsport. Like how GT6,S, & 7 had the 1970 Dodge Challenger lose its wing. It sounds okay though.
View attachment 1297037

Anyway, I have more to say about the race tracks new to FM8. I will once again say that I really enjoyed driving on Grand Oak Raceway, I think it honestly could become a new favorite fantasy track of mine.
View attachment 1297039

Other opinions I have include the Nissan R390 and its odd color shading changes. Also with the track I was driving it on, Kyalami. For one of the new real-world tracks added to this series, I'm not fully sure how I feel about this track. I don't quite like the final sector of it for instance.
View attachment 1297040
That R390 looks almost as blue as a Bugatti if I'm not mistaken.

I've completed the latest Featured Tour series with the Ferrari **** today. Had my first encounter with the "crash on game save after upgrade" bug... gave up after 2 attempts at upgrading causing 2 crashes. Weird thing is it only happens sporadically. I personally think it's linked to the always online as the upgrade doesn't cause the crash, its the attempt to save the game afterwards that does.

What's the story behind HOW you ended up "offroading"?
Thought I was playing Horizon 5.

On a side note, it seems like it was a good idea to release the game with some less technical courses first, such as Grand Oak and Hakone. I say this because of the private lobbies I've been in, people are just not ready for anything as technical as VIR or Mid-Ohio.

Last edited:
Found another bug thats ducking up alot of people photo's. When you use the photomode and hit the shutter or stay still for 2 sec (staying still renders also) the image gets super soft. Its like the TAA is removing all the sharpness. The moment i moved the camera slightly the image was pin sharp.
testtt.jpg

That's not the only thing. I haven't been able to recreate it, but under some currently unknown circumstance, the camera will jut about in some random direction away from the car whenever you zoom, rotate the camera, or adjust any of the camera settings. It really messes with the project I'm trying to do.

I honestly don't know how much more of this I can tolerate.

That's not the only thing. I haven't been able to recreate it, but under some currently unknown circumstance, the camera will jut about in some random direction away from the car whenever you zoom, rotate the camera, or adjust any of the camera settings. It really messes with the project I'm trying to do.

Oh dear...I honestly thought I was going crazy when I noticed the camera slightly move whenever I'd refocus on my car. I'm beginning to think they didn't have the time they needed to playtest most of this stuff.

I also had that lol. I was zooming in on the car and all of suden the car disappeared, atleast thats what i thought. Than i released the camera moved 20m further and i was looking at the asphalt.

people are just not ready for anything as technical as VIR or Mid-Ohio
Mid Ohio gives me nightmares. How is that a real racetrack? I hate it and it hates me more

I feel like it should be a rally track or maybe motorbikes.

Anybody here who can win on that track deserves all the praise

Last edited:
Mid Ohio gives me nightmares. How is that a real racetrack? I hate it and it hates me more

I feel like it should be a rally track or maybe motorbikes.

Anybody here who can win on that track deserves all the praise
Got one of my rare podiums there :lol: Personally I hate Grand Oak, it's the Finland to my Walter Rohrl. I went from dead last there to a rare podium at Barcelona in the 911 GTR3.

Last edited:
Got one of my rare podiums there :lol: Personally I hate Grand Oak, it's the Finland to my Walter Rohrl. I went from dead last there to a rare podium at Barcelona in the 911 GTR3.

If you got a podium at Mid-Ohio, I would bet on you in any tournament you entered.

Its funny you say that beacuse
1- its in Ohio
2- the track is liked a lot by various drivers and fans

When you say it's liked by a lot of various drivers do you mean real life drivers or sim racing drivers? Either way, these must be some very highly skilled drivers.

I get the impression that somebody needs 50 or more laps on that track to feel comfortable.

PS: I asked my son-in-law about that track and he said it's quite popular. He said it's part of the IMSA season as well. Going to check YouTube to find one of the races there

Did you saw the video? Most of AI did not crash into player only one maybe two, but they didn’t get block as in new Forza.
Yes i watched the video.
There are only one or two clips from gt7 in the video where the ai doesnt ram the player. They slow down and still clip the player. Forza doesnt slow down and instead ram at full throttle even though some cars take evasive action.

did i say something wrong? i only said what i observed.

A blue flag/yellow flag system like gt7 would help forza, and i don't know why ghosting backmarkers isn't enabled for offline in FM.

Last edited:
If you got a podium at Mid-Ohio, I would bet on you in any tournament you entered.
I wouldn't bet on me and I certainly wouldn't bet on a Forza race. Was having a great battle in the TC at Road America for 3rd place with 3 other players last night, constantly swapping places with one due to drafting and holding your nerve at the end of straights. And with only a couple of laps left, just as I'm thinking whoever times this right will nick it, the third player obviously still salty he's lost two places, instead of thinking like me, he cuts a corner and takes me out. So while some of us enjoy close, fair racing other players' idea of fun is taking other players out.

Last edited:
player obviously still salty he's lost two places, instead of thinking like me, he cuts a corner and takes me out
This is why I avoid online racing. Sometimes when I do it I have two or three good experiences and I think "wow, this is fantastic". Then something like your experience that happens to me and I get infuriated and my stomach turns and I wonder how can somebody enjoy playing like that.

Latest Posts

Back