Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I'm levelling a Porsche 962 around old Le Mans and I've just set a lap time of 3:11:962

Edit. Just beat level 8 AI in an 8 lap race around old Le Mans fastest lap was 3:11.739. I was 6 tenths up on that on lap 7 and lost it somewhere in the Porsche curves. I took the lead on the last lap.

Last edited:
The second guy is pretty popular though and he only had a preview copy.Gameriot is another one,again pretty popular,I like,he seems to like most games and to me seems to give a fair opinion without going OTT.

I like Jake, he is really critical when needs to be but tries to keep the best points of a game first, also he seems to like Forza a lot
----------------------------

I saw a intresting post yesterday but forgot to post beacuse i was sleepy
Was talking about how the new Halo Infinite season was bringing players back and it was growing in the ranks of MS store

But the most intresting point in my opinion? Forza is still ahead of Halo, even with this push that Halo is having

1698063050263.png

But when I did the race using wets, I was struggling for grip all race, and the one AI that had pulled ahead of me continued to lap faster than me, using non-wets, even when it was raining quite heavily.
Honestly that isn't far off from reality. If you try to use wet tires on a dry track you'll just overheat and destroy them within a couple of laps. They're not meant for anything other than fully damp conditions.

Honestly that isn't far off from reality. If you try to use wet tires on a dry track you'll just overheat and destroy them within a couple of laps. They're not meant for anything other than fully damp conditions.
The track is visually wet from the start, though, and the weather symbol in the race conditions shows wet conditions. The tyre wear indicator didn't show the tyres as all that worn, and they were showing normal temperature. But they're just slower than the non-wet tyres, even when it's bucketing down later on. The game knows this and doesn't put wet tyres on automatically for you, so I'm just saying go with that rather than the visual appearance of the conditions.

So uh
FailRace has just called off tonight’s Versus The Community because of how broken FM8 is
If Alex makes a public statement about it, that’s not gonna be a good look

So uh
FailRace has just called off tonight’s Versus The Community because of how broken FM8 is
His impression video wasn't particularly glowing to begin with anyhow.

I'm still playing it and finding enjoyment wherever I can, but I think the game is kind of past the point of whether it has to worry about looking good or not.

Last edited:
So uh
My race night was similarly tough:

6 private lobby races tonight, 5 game crashes 😔

The racing is great but for me the mode is unplayable.

My club will try Featured Multiplayer again next week but if that’s as troublesome we’ll go back to Forza Horizon 5 to race until it gets fixed.

Not even Project CARS 3 was this bad with crashes, and that was an incredibly unstable game on Xbox One.

I’ve had more crashes in 2 nights of Forza Motorsport than in 2 years of Forza Horizon 5.

Last edited:
Interesting. We haven't really had any problems with private multiplayer crashing, tbh. We're all on the console, though. Again, not that I'm saying it isn't a problem, just that our little group hasn't really had any more issues than we had with FM7.

I'm having a good time playing FM one-two career races at a time, then doing something else. The driving does grow on you as you upgrade the car you are using, and I've had quite enjoyable races in places like VIR (!). All in all, to me it feels like PC2 (with pad settings that admittedly aimed to make it more "Forza") but with much better controller feedback. This is one overlooked aspect: on the pad, you feel almost every nuance from the car/track: roll, weight transfer, braking/locking, traction, curbs, it's all there.

That being said, I'm seriously thinking in uninstalling on PC, since the game is much more stable on the consoles.
There will be a time when the game does get better on the optimization front, but in the meantime, I would rather have the space.

Last edited:
I had lots of fun with the Porsche featured multiplayer earlier. Admittedly I haven't played MP much and am dead slow but still...
In the first race at Catalunya I laughed so much when I was shunted off at the first corner!
And in the second race at Nurburgring I split my side's laughing while driving round the car that was parked in the middle of the start/finish straight!
In the third race, I actually managed to complete a whole race at Homestead without being surrounded by dickheads and actually enjoyed a tussle with 2 other drivers which went right to the line. Although I did get a 2 second penalty when someone moved over into me...

Just trying to get some multiplayer achievements done then I can ignore MP for good in this game. At least the AI doesn't deliberately drive into you, it just doesn't know any better...

Steve Super GT (like me) is enjoying Formula Mazda
Also the video is filled of comments of people enjoying the game as well

Formula Mazda's are truly one of the gems of this game. One of my pals is planning a series of some description for them. We'll see how that goes, picturing much disaster and many DFL's heading my way here...

I need to give this Mazda lobby a go.

-a few days later-
Super GT video: "What happened to the Formula Mazda lobby?!?!?"

Would recommend everyone temper their expectations on this one, the specific language used here is "mitigate", not resolve. There are 1 of 2 reasons this will be stated like this. Either the exact cause is unknown, but some extra protection has been put in place to mitigate any issues, or there are multiple reasons for the infinite loading screens, and this only fixes some instances of it.

With that being said, I've only hit this bug once, so I hope it works out for the rest of folks that have seen it a lot more

Is there anyway to hot lap against various cars?I like to test different cars against each other but the only way i found is via rivals and setting a time,then using it as training ghost.But once youve beaten that time you cant go back to a previous slower lap,does that make sense?

This is one overlooked aspect: on the pad, you feel almost every nuance from the car/track: roll, weight transfer, braking/locking, traction, curbs, it's all there.
The physics over kerbs feels really good to me, with roughly the right amount of disruption to the car. I've never driven over those particular kerbs in real life to know what their effect would be, but based on driving my own car over speed humps, for example, and how those disrupt the car, it seems like roughly the right amount of car disruption from kerbs in the game.

Last edited:
At least the AI doesn't deliberately drive into you, it just doesn't know any better...
I hate the AI so much, it's like they hired someone who worked on a Gran Turismo and then they made the AI 'Drunk' for a laugh. The front 3 can be great but you have to deal with the rest of the pack first who slam on the breaks mid corner or are all over the place. And this after all the talk about the AI being so good.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

Last edited:
This is the first time I have seen this in a Forza game: upgrading to a full roll cage in the 2010 M3 GTS adds what I assume is the factory cage along with racing harness. Also, when painting the car the cage also changes color to match, which is great. Wish they did this with the Porsche 911s in the game which have factory cage options.

a560e54f-cb26-4b15-b82f-a09deeb80d99.png

83138a83-6471-4f68-8792-bbcc03dab128.png

This is the first time I have seen this in a Forza game: upgrading to a full roll cage in the 2010 M3 GTS adds what I assume is the factory cage along with racing harness. Also, when painting the car the cage also changes color to match, which is great. Wish they did this with the Porsche 911s in the game which have factory cage options.

The coloured cage has been in the previous games, but the cage has actually always come standard to the car…

I hate the AI so much, it's like they hired someone who worked on a Gran Turismo and then they made the AI 'Drunk' for a laugh. The front 3 can be great but you have to deal with the rest of the pack first who slam on the breaks mid corner or are all over the place. And this after all the talk about the AI being so good.

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

The AI is disappointing after all the claims, only the Top 3 or 4 can lap decently in races but have almost zero racecraft, they very rarely overtake if you pass them, you literally have to pull over and stop for them to pass. I'm pretty sure they also cheat, they pull way despite having same HP and PI at higher difficulties.

The rest of the field which is about 20 drivers are non existent, bad awareness and brake test in acceleration zones for no reason, loads of rubber banding going on.

The career AI seems worse than free play, I've even had cars legitimately over take and pull away in free play when setting up an advanced event with fairly narrow AI range and all using level 1 cars. Maybe that has something to do with it.

At least the online play can give some good racing, most of the time, easily the best part of the game.

I found this very interesting analysis of the differences between Dynamic Render Quality = Ultra/High/Medium

I found in my testing that Ultra is 3-5fps slower than High, but the benefits (tessellation, improved ambient occlusion, more 3d grass) are worth it in my opinion. At High I find FM23's trackside grass disappointing.

Back