Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
I found this very interesting analysis of the differences between Dynamic Render Quality = Ultra/High/Medium

I found in my testing that Ultra is 3-5fps slower than High, but the benefits (tessellation, improved ambient occlusion, more 3d grass) are worth it in my opinion. At High I find FM23's trackside grass disappointing.

Its bugged, i already filed a ticket and they just responded that they are looking at it. Its missing trees, foliage, grass and other trackside details on pc compared to Xbox in visual mode.

Its bugged, i already filed a ticket and they just responded that they are looking at it. Its missing trees, foliage, grass and other trackside details on pc compared to Xbox in visual mode.
Interesting. Right now DRQ=Ultra is pretty much essential when playing on PC to keep that tessellation and AO, otherwise trackside really does look very flat.

Since there is no setting to alter tessellation and AO (being separate from RTAO), are they intending to add more settings when they fix this bug?

This look to be the Nissan Z GT500, no?
No, the headlights and roofline don't match. Plus the livery is basically the 2017 Motul Autech GT-R:
1698176021510.jpeg

The newer, Motul Autech Z basically looks like this:
1698176061381.jpeg

Man, blue color in cars is messed up in this game, sorry for the low quality I cannot screenshot properly rn
IMG20231024224157.jpg

bit of a WIP, right side is the color I want to achieve (vinyl) and the rest is the paint of the car, both sides with the same RGB parameters... that's something that didn't happened in previous Forza, same palette = same colour in car paint or vinyls.

I saw what they did to the R390 and I guessed it was a bug of that car, but same goes to other dark blue/navy cars like the 94 ZR1, R-34 and so a few more, they look so off with the wrong paint.

Hopefully other cars like the XJR-15, most of Ford's etc look good so it might have a solution but unless you go for a metallic finish or use vinils palette - custom paint don't look any good.

Attachments

• IMG20231024224157.jpg
    IMG20231024224157.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Please report every issue you people find, that would be awesome :)

I put that one in yesterday:

Forza Motorsport 20.10.2023 20_36_12.pngForza Motorsport 20.10.2023 20_24_36.png

Messed up non paintable dark parts of the 400Z. Please look out for any other cars that may have the same issue :)

Please report every issue you people find, that would be awesome :)

I put that one in yesterday:

View attachment 1297794View attachment 1297795

Messed up non paintable dark parts of the 400Z. Please look out for any other cars that may have the same issue :)
So that's what was on the unpaintable parts of my FXX-K Evo...time to report the issue for that then. Also, I hope those unpaintable areas DO become paintable one day!!!

Last edited:
Interesting. Right now DRQ=Ultra is pretty much essential when playing on PC to keep that tessellation and AO, otherwise trackside really does look very flat.

Since there is no setting to alter tessellation and AO (being separate from RTAO), are they intending to add more settings when they fix this bug?
I hope so.

I’m glad WRC is out next week.
Shameless plug lol

jokes aside, by the time you finsh what have to do in the WRC, the new Motorsport probally will be Fixed (hopefuly)
I just wish that engines and software ingeneral were not so bloatware as they seems to be nowadays

jokes aside, by the time you finsh what have to do in the WRC, the new Motorsport probally will be Fixed (hopefuly)
I just wish that engines and software ingeneral were not so bloatware as they seems to be nowadays
Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder released last week in a far more polished, optimized, and complete state than this game. There’s no excuse for Forza to not have been the same way.

The ‘Mostly Negative’ reception on Steam says it all really, and it’s nobody’s but the devs’ fault that the game is in such a sorry state right now that it’s essentially DOA now that people are rightfully paying attention to more functional games.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder released last week in a far more polished, optimized, and complete state than this game. There’s no excuse for Forza to not have been the same way.

The ‘Mostly Negative’ reception on Steam says it all really, and it’s nobody’s but the devs’ fault that the game is in such a sorry state right now that it’s essentially DOA now that people are rightfully paying attention to more functional games.
I don't know what went so wrong with their QA testing but it sounds like it's much easier to optimise a software release for a single hardware configuration than several hundred. The Xbox version of this game has flaws but not as many as the PC release.

Last edited:
The thing is… for single player users like me I’ve had exactly one crash since I started playing, with roughly even amounts of Xbox and PC play.

The only annoying bug I’ve had is some kind of VRAM memory leak on PC where if I paint too many cars after each other the game slows to a crawl until I restart it.

So assuming <10% of users actually care about multiplayer, I think the overall user experience may not be as bug ridden as for those who are trying featured or private multiplayer.

Not saying this state is good, just that for your average single player Xbox user it is probably not bad.

Hit the race progress lost /not record from day 1 which is 10/5/2023. Open a ticket to Forza, today they released 1.1 ,but still not get it fixed.

I know you guys focu on physis of FM23, but all the other part like keeping progress recorded is essential for any game, Does the FM23 reach public release standard ?

Last edited:
The thing is… for single player users like me I’ve had exactly one crash since I started playing, with roughly even amounts of Xbox and PC play.

The only annoying bug I’ve had is some kind of VRAM memory leak on PC where if I paint too many cars after each other the game slows to a crawl until I restart it.

So assuming <10% of users actually care about multiplayer, I think the overall user experience may not be as bug ridden as for those who are trying featured or private multiplayer.

Not saying this state is good, just that for your average single player Xbox user it is probably not bad.
My game crashes every time I spend time in the Find Design or Find Tunes section. You can see the game struggling to load the car previews and then BAM.

Hit the race progress lost /not record from day 1 which is 10/5/2023. Open a ticket to Forza, today they released 1.1 ,but still not get it fixed.

I know you guys focu on physis of FM23, but all the other part like keeping progress recorded is essential for any game, Does the FM23 reach public release standard ?

Everyone's experience is different, I've hit that bug exactly once, and I'm almost finished the Builders Cup. One thing you can try is exit from the series after each race rather than hitting continue, I've been doing this since I first had the problem and never hit it since

How does this bug work?What I mean is is it something you do,not you personally but in general,that makes it happen,if thats the case why is it not fixed?

My game crashes every time I spend time in the Find Design or Find Tunes section. You can see the game struggling to load the car previews and then BAM.
Weird. I spent last night finding loads of designs for a range of cars. The only thing that happened to me was gradual FPS slowdown (I assume VRAM memory leak). And I only have an 8GB video card.

Sounds like I get a slowdown whereas you get a crash, but no clue why. I have a feeling that the developers are also struggling to find some of these bugs if the conditions are so variable :(

I think based on the patch notes
This hotfix will help mitigate an issue where players could encounter an infinite loading screen when saving a Quick Upgrade in the Builders Cup Intro Series under variable network conditions.
and my own assumptions on how a lot of the bugs people get are working, I don't think even single player/multiplayer is a factor. It's probably the always online aspect causing a lot of the problems. If somebody has an unreliable internet connection (wifi, bad ISP, etc) they might run into more bugs than other people. I also haven't run into many bugs, mainly just the ones related to game crashes or the multiplayer lobby freezing. I also got the fuel calculation bug but that seems to happen in free play too so that might also be independent of the always online part.

Man, blue color in cars is messed up in this game, sorry for the low quality I cannot screenshot properly rn

bit of a WIP, right side is the color I want to achieve (vinyl) and the rest is the paint of the car, both sides with the same RGB parameters... that's something that didn't happened in previous Forza, same palette = same colour in car paint or vinyls.

I saw what they did to the R390 and I guessed it was a bug of that car, but same goes to other dark blue/navy cars like the 94 ZR1, R-34 and so a few more, they look so off with the wrong paint.

Hopefully other cars like the XJR-15, most of Ford's etc look good so it might have a solution but unless you go for a metallic finish or use vinils palette - custom paint don't look any good.
Something definately odd with the paintshop,I dont mess with it much but noticed the same thing as you describe.
The mini pic on track is painted basic red,the bonnet is metal flake red,and the rear quarter is a vinyl with exactly the same basic red,the basic red body looks matt/flat but the same red on vinyl looks better.
The picture in the garage bay is the same car with the 3 different paint types but looks all glossy and better,apart from the lighting.Why do the colours on track photos look so different,or washed out and almost like a matt finish?

a.jpg
b.jpg

Where is the Mercedes CLK-GTR on this game??
It's not. Here's the car list, which is pinned to the top of this forum:

Something definately odd with the paintshop,I dont mess with it much but noticed the same thing as you describe.
The mini pic on track is painted basic red,the bonnet is metal flake red,and the rear quarter is a vinyl with exactly the same basic red,the basic red body looks matt/flat but the same red on vinyl looks better.
The picture in the garage bay is the same car with the 3 different paint types but looks all glossy and better,apart from the lighting.Why do the colours on track photos look so different,or washed out and almost like a matt finish?

View attachment 1297972View attachment 1297973
I get the impression that noon on track gives the most washed out appearance. Try a time mid morning or mid afternoon and see if that alters anything?

I think based on the patch notes

and my own assumptions on how a lot of the bugs people get are working, I don't think even single player/multiplayer is a factor. It's probably the always online aspect causing a lot of the problems. If somebody has an unreliable internet connection (wifi, bad ISP, etc) they might run into more bugs than other people. I also haven't run into many bugs, mainly just the ones related to game crashes or the multiplayer lobby freezing. I also got the fuel calculation bug but that seems to happen in free play too so that might also be independent of the always online part.
I think the fuel bug is a genuine game related bug. The rest I agree is linked to always online/internet connections. But the internet issues are at BOTH ends. Their servers are struggling, I believe personally, ironically my guess is that the issues will reduce dramatically when people stop playing online. Which is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy?

Playing Single Player on Xbox series S, the only crashes I've had were the "save after vehicle upgrade" bug, which I believe is possibly due to the link to their servers dropping out.

I get the impression that noon on track gives the most washed out appearance. Try a time mid morning or mid afternoon and see if that alters anything?
These were took at noon on a clear day.I`ll give it a whirl later on,I honestly never thought of that,cheers.
Just wondering,why would the vinyl and metal flake still appear glossy though?

Last edited:
It is amazing how in this day and age (glitches aside), Turn 10 can't have a paint shop/vinyl shop that not only shows colors correctly, but also lets you paint/decal every square inch of the vehicle!

Last edited:
I don't know what went so wrong with their QA testing
COVID then Starfield
They sent 90% of the QA to Starfield, they adimitted that few month ago

I played the same, i had only 1 or 2 crashes on MP but my Single player was mostly clean, I played mostly on

One is just a sequel of New Super Mario Bros that one of easiest types of games to do (2D/2.5D plataforms)
The another... eh....

right now that it’s essentially DOA
DOA like people talk about FH5 since last year? or like FM7 that had a worst launch than the new FM and still had maneged to get a public even after the sales of the game ended?

Last edited:
It is amazing how in this day and age (glitches aside), Turn 10 can't have a paint shop/vinyl shop that not only shows colors correctly, but also lets you paint/decal every square inch of the vehicle!
If its reference to the pics I posted,I only put the vinyl on one part of the side of the car to highlight the different finish of the same paint on vinyl vs bodywork.I think you can put decals all over the car,I may be wrong though.

Back