Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
😅

395999319_999374194630744_261281135479526785_n.jpg

For the AI to have supposedly been overhauled in it's behavior with something like 19 different lines they take, I seem to be getting very good at predicting what they are going to do in certain scenarios. You pass three cars at the same corner on consecutive laps and they all three do the exact same thing. Doesn't seem like the 19 different lines are being utilized when they are alone and not in a pack.

Considering how many touring cars we have, as well as how many are supposedly in the files, I wouldnt be surprised if "Seat Cupra" meant something along these lines
Likely Cupra TCR will be in the game along the another cupras likely

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, it seems that game already was better at launch than FM7 in TA

Last edited:
That's unsurprising since FM7 launch was before Gamepass arrived. Although the actual graphic shows FM23 tracking alongside other FM launches during the 5 days of early access, and then shooting ahead when Gamepass users arrived. So that's a pretty reasonable improvement.

IMG_0308.png

Had a bad Qualy so thought I’d see how well dry tyres handle a very visibly wet track…

Gained 14 spots and won by 11 seconds. Shame the replay couldn’t save and the game crashed on exiting the lobby:lol:

The limit of slicks before going to wets is extremely ambiguous though. Logically, the majority of the lobby were in the right mind to have chosen wets, but my mediums were both faster and didn’t fall off a cliff.

Likely Cupra TCR will be in the game along the another cupras likely

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, how relevant is TA?

I did a doublecheck of the FH5 page: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Horizon-5/achievements
It seems to think only 538k gamers have earned the first achievement, and only 166k achieved the Hall of Fame entry (30%)
1698339271105.png

And yet there are 38 million unique players on the Hall of Fame who must have achieved this achievement!

And what's more, Xbox achievements page itself states that only just over 10% of users have entered the hall of fame:
1698339470300.png

(which would imply 380 million users have installed FH5 and got at least 1 achievement, of which 38 million entered the hall of fame. Is this realistic?)

So what gives? Is TA worth anything? Are achievements messed up? Is the FH5 hall of fame messed up?

Last edited:
And yet there are 38 million unique players on the Hall of Fame who must have achieved this achievement!
Every player is on the Hall of Fame Board, even if they don’t make it to Hall of Fame, it’s simply a leaderboard of Accolade Points from all players.

They can’t view the board until they unlock Hall of Fame Achievement though.

TrueAchievements will naturally skew towards completionists (and TA data is only of players who hook their gamertag up to the site), but on their site you can also check the Xbox percentage for any achievement. The 10% (or around 3 million player) unlock rate from Xbox is correct.

tldr: 38 million people are on the Hall of Fame leaderboard, but only 3.8 million have the Hall of Fame Achievement, 166,000 of those are registered on TrueAchievements.com

Last edited:
That Ginetta G60 is one of the best prototypes in the game behind probably the cadillac V.R. Its got the right speed, grip, and sounds great. Competes well with the other P1 cars too. Btw I dont know if anybody notices but the Acura DPI has the same sound as the Ford GT GTLM which is classic T10 fudging the car sounds yet again 😑

I wasn’t planning on playing the career. How many cars are locked and is there other ways of getting them?
This is the T10 explanation: https://forza.net/news/forza-motorsport-evolving-racing-platform

Right now we know that it's necessary to race the "Featured" Race series in order to get the Acura, with no idea when or how it will return in the future:
1698347032502.png

Other than that, the Ginetta prototype (spotlight price reduced car this week) is also brand new post-launch, but it has been added to the showroom and will not be leaving as far as we are aware.

The final concern is due to this text:

Players who complete all 4 series within the Featured Tour will unlock a Showcase event. Regardless of where you place in the series, the reward car is yours upon completion. For October, this will be the new-to-Motorsport 2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi.

There is also an Open Tour with four PI class series – C Class, B Class, A Class, and S Class – and these will be refreshed with new content and a new theme every month. The first Open Tour celebrates German manufacturers and completing all four series unlocks a new reward car.

So there is a slight concern that the reward car for the current Open Tour (the 2020 Audi R8) could be changed and no longer be accessible next month. But there's no expiry warning on that series within the Builders Cup, so nobody is really sure.

Last edited:
So there is a slight concern that the reward car for the current Open Tour (the 2020 Audi R8) could be changed and no longer be accessible next month. But there's no expiry warning on that series within the Builders Cup, so nobody is really sure.
I hope it doesnt expire soon,ive not even finished enough of the builders cup yet to unlock these races! Ive almost finished the featured Track Tour as ive spent alot of time on custom races and general freeplay,just`messing around`with renting different cars.
Maybe they will add more on top of these,as you say there is no expiry time on these races so fingers crossed.Like a lot of people on here I dont have a great deal of time to play,sometimes I cant always make time to play every day.

With Career as barebones as it is, it’s a bit of a shame that it’s now got FOMO too.

Why not keep adding more and more permanent events, so it gets bigger over time.

If they want to do time limited stuff, the series each week should match the Featured Multiplayer categories, including spec BoP, correct race length and tyre wear. That way people can practice for multiplayer in single player and have better races when they go online.

Last edited:
That Ginetta G60 is one of the best prototypes in the game behind probably the cadillac V.R. Its got the right speed, grip
How to say SDSmurf is rubbish at the game without saying SDSmurf is rubbish at the game 🤣

I'm really struggling to manage traction loss haha... I'm slow regardless but with this I'm short shifting to 4th just to not die coming out of corners haha

Whatever they're gonna do, they should tell us and take some of the fear out of FOMO.
Totally agree.4 weeks plus 2 extra to finish the featured tour is ok,if they add another monthly one that becomes a bit of a struggle time wise for me,and probably others too.We,or I dont want it getting to be like FH5 with its FOMO.

Whatever they're gonna do, they should tell us and take some of the fear out of FOMO.
Turn 10 is really bad at this still, it's like everything needs to be very secretive all the time. We could really use an answer on this since...it's really a big missed opportunity to promote this career mode that gets updates over time, only for the updates to disappear because they were time gated. It doesn't sit right with me.

The game is very buggy rn and it is understandably putting a lot of people off.

Including the "not saving progression" bug that I kept encountering, which meant I had to play through the track specials championship several times till it registered.

Having FOMO in such cases only makes it worse. I wish they stopped trying to do a horizon. What horizon does works for them because of how quickly you can get a car, and how easy it is.

FM takes you 4 whole championships that take an hour each with no option of an auction house (or anything like rotating playlist rewards). T10 needs to be very careful about what they do in the next few months, or else it will be a really long recovery. Adding these cars to the autoshow (maybe at an increased price) after their time as reward cars would be the best outcome.

Adding these cars to the autoshow (maybe at an increased price) after their time as reward cars would be the best outcome.
I feel they will add those cars later in more career events but the question is that i have no idea when (if) they will do it

I feel that they should make those championships permament and just keep addeing, similar to Halo Infinite Season Pass (without the buy the pass factor)

You get the time needed to play as long you wish

Whew, the first race of the Prototype Challenge is a workout. Tried it with no ABS or TC. After several restarts I finally finished it. Might try the rest of the races with Sport TC at least.

Whew, the first race of the Prototype Challenge is a workout. Tried it with no ABS or TC. After several restarts I finally finished it. Might try the rest of the races with Sport TC at least.
I found putting an ungodly amount of understeer into the 919, at least, made it much easier to drive. Before I figured this out though it was such a struggle. I won every race except the first one on max difficulty, I spun on Le Mans. Though to be fair I was also the only X class on the grid. It launches so quick too... you can be in 1st from 12th before you even get to the end of the grandstands.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling to manage traction loss haha... I'm slow regardless but with this I'm short shifting to 4th just to not die coming out of corners haha
Some things you can do to help:
1. Increase rear downforce.
2. Turn traction control on to at least Sport level. People in real race cars use TC, indeed apparently people criticised ACC for being unrealistic in the past when some people were driving the cars without TC, saying nobody drives them without TC in real life because it would be crazy. I suspect, though, that the game's TC is much worse than real TC at holding the driven wheels at the limit of traction, I doubt real race car TC would bog the car down like the game's TC does.
3. Set the rear anti-squat all the way to the left to transfer the max weight onto the rear wheels when accelerating out of corners.
4. You can also tune the diff, I can never remember which way round it works, but if you wait for the explanatory text to scroll, it will tell you which direction reduces oversteer on corner exit.
5. You can also generally reduce oversteer with many other settings - anti-roll bars and the new roll centre settings are particularly effective and can basically make any car have crazy over or understeer as desired. The explanatory text will tell you which way to move each setting.

4. You can also tune the diff, I can never remember which way round it works, but if you wait for the explanatory text to scroll, it will tell you which direction reduces oversteer on corner exit.
For RWD and AWD cars, open diffs are set to the left, so the further to the left you have the bar, the more open the differential is and the less locking across the axle when turning, allowing the wheels to turn at different speeds more easily. The only thing to consider with diffs is that this setting wastes energy when accelerating, meaning you won't accelerate as quickly as if it were more closed or locked.

For some bizarre reason known only to T10, FWD have the scales the wrong way around with more open being on the right, certainly upto and including FM7/FH5, so I can't imagine it's any different but I haven't tried yet.

Last edited:
I hope it doesnt expire soon,ive not even finished enough of the builders cup yet to unlock these races! Ive almost finished the featured Track Tour as ive spent alot of time on custom races and general freeplay,just`messing around`with renting different cars.
Maybe they will add more on top of these,as you say there is no expiry time on these races so fingers crossed.Like a lot of people on here I dont have a great deal of time to play,sometimes I cant always make time to play every day.
You don't have to do every builders cup event to unlock the open class tour. I only did the BC events needed and then jumped to the OC Tour.

- I thought the Audi was pretty bad for a prize car in its default set up, I remember I had to change the brake pressure to get it to stop. But its much better with a few upgrades.

Last edited:
For some reason the 919 to me is the worst handling of the P1 cars. T10 did something to it to make it so slidey so IT MUST be tuned if using that car. The Ginetta which is what I used needed very little tuning.

Back