Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Not mentioning it makes more unlikely to devs put acessibility settings since they will be used for such things
I don't think that's a likelihood for a first-party studio of the publisher which supports the Special Olympics and has 16 accessibility features built into the console, never mind the Accessible Controller. Given how much T10 has been touting the Blind Driving Assist this time round, it's well over the believability event horizon.

I don't think that's a likelihood for a first-party studio of the publisher which supports the Special Olympics and has 16 accessibility features built into the console, never mind the Accessible Controller. Given how much T10 has been touting the Blind Driving Assist this time round, it's well over the believability event horizon.
I dont think that T10 wont change, even for a future Forza
But it is likely that other Devs will feel afraid to put such tools and features into their games, specially the devs that want their games being played as they intended to be

For the AI to have supposedly been overhauled in it's behavior with something like 19 different lines they take, I seem to be getting very good at predicting what they are going to do in certain scenarios. You pass three cars at the same corner on consecutive laps and they all three do the exact same thing. Doesn't seem like the 19 different lines are being utilized when they are alone and not in a pack.

Sometimes I do feel like the multiple lines are being used. But, there are way more times I find myself confused by what they're "thinking". I've had numerous instances like this:

-I'm learning a track and driving slowly for the 1st couple of laps. The AI has tons of track to pass me and no traffic whatever, just me and a lot of space. Still, the AI just rams me from behind as opposed to moving right or left to easily avoid me

-My car is damaged and I'm limping back to the pits trying to stay out of the way of traffic. Again, there's tons of space for the AI and they still ram me from behind.

The only game I'm aware of where the AI DOESN'T do that is ACC.

Makes me wish the game just had a setting that switched on ABS and TC automatically for cars that had them built in.

YES, this!

That was one of my favorite features of PC2. If project cars could include it in a game that wants back in 2017, how can Forza not include it?

We have received the first 4 cars from the car pack, namely, the golf wtcr, challenger ta, r391, m2 comp. I wonder if that valkyrie is coming next? Or is it a senna gtr/720s gt3/rcf gt3/amg gt3? I also am curious about whether they will overload dlc with too many cars from the same division. It is better if they add more variety in the car pass and add depth to the divisions as free cars.

Looking at the update 2 post, does that also means is no new cars for 2 more weeks, seemingly, apart from the 2 car pass cars that should be available in the 2 weeks between now and update 2.
But there are no other cars in the game or in the game files. So, is there going to be another update before update 2, to add in car pack cars for the next two weeks?

Seems like update 2 is scheduled for mid November (probably tuesday, 14th November) which would put it out of sync with fh5 by one week (whose update drops on tuesday, 7th November).

Does this imply that FM follows a 6 week content cycle instead of the standard 4 week cycle like fh5/fh4/fm7? Oct 10 (game launch) to Nov 7th would be 4 weeks, while Oct 5 to November 14 (indicated time for update 2) would be 6 weeks.

We have received the first 4 cars from the car pack, namely, the golf wtcr, challenger ta, r391, m2 comp. I wonder if that valkyrie is coming next? Or is it a senna gtr/720s gt3/rcf gt3/amg gt3? I also am curious about whether they will overload dlc with too many cars from the same division. It is better if they add more variety in the car pass and add depth to the divisions as free cars.

Looking at the update 2 post, does that also means is no new cars for 2 more weeks, seemingly, apart from the 2 car pass cars that should be available in the 2 weeks between now and update 2.
But there are no other cars in the game or in the game files. So, is there going to be another update before update 2, to add in car pack cars for the next two weeks?

Seems like update 2 is scheduled for mid November (probably tuesday, 14th November) which would put it out of sync with fh5 by one week (whose update drops on tuesday, 7th November).

Does this imply that FM follows a 6 week content cycle instead of the standard 4 week cycle like fh5/fh4/fm7? Oct 10 (game launch) to Nov 7th would be 4 weeks, while Oct 5 to November 14 (indicated time for update 2) would be 6 weeks.
Im trying to follow what you are asking. I remember seeing several pages back the next 2 weeks of the car pass cars. Next week I think its a 2017 #38 jackie chan Oreca LMP2 car and the second week of November is a 1991 IMSA Whistler Mustang trans am. Im sure around the time of the next update, 2.0, they will drop the next 6 weeks worth of cars that will be coming and I presume some of those cars will be on that leaked file list someone posted a few days ago that had a mix of GT3 cars, trans ams and touring cars. Thats the best answer I can give you.

Im trying to follow what you are asking. I remember seeing several pages back the next 2 weeks of the car pass cars. Next week I think its a 2017 #38 jackie chan Oreca LMP2 car and the second week of November is a 1991 IMSA Whistler Mustang trans am. Im sure around the time of the next update, 2.0, they will drop the next 6 weeks worth of cars that will be coming and I presume some of those cars will be on that leaked file list someone posted a few days ago that had a mix of GT3 cars, trans ams and touring cars. Thats the best answer I can give you.
You're right.

I googled it and found this:
Screenshot_20231028_080837_Chrome.jpg

This does kinda confirm that update 2 drops on the 14th then.

Still weird that they're either offsetting horizon by a week or following a 6 week update cycle.

I also think that T10 has a lot of content on side ready to go for release...
Those contents will be getting released gradually step by step i guess.

I had a look at some real Le Mans onboard footage vs the game:

The same bit of track in the game:

In real life, there are spotlights all along the barriers, and also strips of blue lights facing the drivers as they approach any braking zone. I'm not sure why these lights aren't in the game if the track models are supposed to be totally up to date and realistic?

I had a look at some real Le Mans onboard footage vs the game:

The same bit of track in the game:

In real life, there are spotlights all along the barriers, and also strips of blue lights facing the drivers as they approach any braking zone. I'm not sure why these lights aren't in the game if the track models are supposed to be totally up to date and realistic?
Those strips on the braking zones are reflective, not actually lights. They're in the game, you can see them in the ISAD video, but they don't really reflect. I'm pretty sure it's the same for the lights along the barriers, they're just reflectors. Those ones don't seem to be in the game but I assume they also wouldn't work even if they were. Would be incredible if they added those though and the lights for flags (the blinking blue flag light) if nothing else for the immersion.

AFK is problematic for me on console because every seven minutes it stops the game to ask me whether I'm still playing. Maybe it's the auto throttle.
Just bring up the telemetry (down the on D-pad) and then switch one to the right to the "Friction" page, then it won't stop to ask you if you are still there until you turn off the telemetry again.

It might work on any telemetry page though, I keep forgetting to test it and just use the "Friction" one because I know it works.

I also turn off the controller vibration to save a little wear on the controller.

Just bring up the telemetry (down the on D-pad) and then switch one to the right to the "Friction" page, then it won't stop to ask you if you are still there until you turn off the telemetry again.

It might work on any telemetry page though, I keep forgetting to test it and just use the "Friction" one because I know it works.

I also turn off the controller vibration to save a little wear on the controller.
I just tried this out and the game still paused itself after twenty laps. Gonna try connecting the joypad with a USB B to C cable.

[EDIT] Nah, this made no difference. The joypad still switched off and paused the game after around twenty laps of Grand Oak oval. Next I'll try jamming the right trigger down with a 5p piece like I did in Horizon.

Last edited:
Question for tuning expert:

How do you revert back to the original tune of a car?

As I'm tinkering with this I'm finding that I'm forgetting what I've changed and so don't know how to bring it back to baseline

I'm massively confused and concerned by the 6 week "months" now.
We know the car pass cars that are coming.
But what happens with the Featured Tour for the next 2 weeks?
There's no new Series scheduled.
Based on the current Career setup, the next 2 weeks will therefore either have no featured car, or the Featured car will have NO new featured series in the career beyond what we have now ( they're going to have to either repeat a Track Tour series or use one of the series in the THREE other Tours (which gives them 12 series to choose from).

If that's the case, if you've already completed the existing Career as shown, the next 2 weeks is going to NOTHING but repeats if you only play Career mode (possibly with a different car).

Whereas a MUCH better option would be to keep the first Featured Tour open and start a second overlapping Featured Tour.

I hope this "gap" only applies to this first "month".

Question for tuning expert:

How do you revert back to the original tune of a car?

As I'm tinkering with this I'm finding that I'm forgetting what I've changed and so don't know how to bring it back to baseline
I'm by no means a tuning expert but there's an option in Setup Manager to revert the car to stock if that's what you need.

I'm massively confused and concerned by the 6 week "months" now.
We know the car pass cars that are coming.
But what happens with the Featured Tour for the next 2 weeks?
There's no new Series scheduled.
Based on the current Career setup, the next 2 weeks will therefore either have no featured car, or the Featured car will have NO new featured series in the career beyond what we have now ( they're going to have to either repeat a Track Tour series or use one of the series in the THREE other Tours (which gives them 12 series to choose from).

If that's the case, if you've already completed the existing Career as shown, the next 2 weeks is going to NOTHING but repeats if you only play Career mode (possibly with a different car).

Whereas a MUCH better option would be to keep the first Featured Tour open and start a second overlapping Featured Tour.

I hope this "gap" only applies to this first "month".
The featured tour doesnt end until next week,so maybe a new one will drop in time for this one finishing?Just guessing,nobody knows at the moment,maybe we will get an annoucement start of next week.

That was one of my favorite features of PC2. If project cars could include it in a game that wants back in 2017, how can Forza not include it?
I blame Ian Bell I mean Chris Esaki. I also hate the way the camera pulls back to give the sense of speed in the fastest cars (Which messes up your chosen FOV settings) something else PC had an option to get rid of. I hoped it wouldn't happen, but I can see myself going back to PC 2 for a while. 😔

Last edited:
I just tried this out and the game still paused itself after twenty laps. Gonna try connecting the joypad with a USB B to C cable.

[EDIT] Nah, this made no difference. The joypad still switched off and paused the game after around twenty laps of Grand Oak oval. Next I'll try jamming the right trigger down with a 5p piece like I did in Horizon.
You have to tape the right thumbstick to one side. IT doesn't recognize the trigger as an input to prevent sleeping, but looking around with the thumbstick counts so taping or rubber banding it over keeps it from pausing.
I have done this for countless hours and it works a charm, just make sure to have the telemetry open too!

Has anyone that's using a wheel, tried to use different rims? I started the game using my rim that has the Fanatec Universal Hub. I never assigned any buttons I just figured out which ones did certain functions. But I switched to the Formula V2 rim for the Prototype Challenge as it's the one I'm planning on using for pure race cars. But now I have limited functions from the buttons. I went into the settings menu to try at least to program a pause button and a back button. If I try to assign a pause button I get a warning that all assignments will be reset. Well I don't want to do that because everything on the other rim works. The game is recognizing which rim is attached but it just won't let me assign buttons for the optional one.

Also today I finished all of the track tour events to get the Acura DPi. The AI was so bad in the Challenge that I thought I might never run another Prototype race anymore until it's fixed. But I figured since I had the Acura I would go ahead and run the rewards race for the heck of it. The Acura races against different prototypes than the Ginetta did and they seemed much better behaved than say the Porsche 919 etc did.

I'm by no means a tuning expert but there's an option in Setup Manager to revert the car to stock if that's what you need
Thank you. That's been driving me nuts. I have no idea how I couldn't find it myself.
I can see myself going back to PC 2 for a while
I did go back about a week or 2 ago and, while I LOVE the features of PC2, the cars felt a little bit "light". I'm not sure how else to explain it.

For me the worst thing about
tuning is, that there is no option to undo the last changes.

You change thing’s, go to the track and realize... "this is nothing, everything is worse!" back to tuning and then the big question... "what had I adjusted? Something here, something there but what?"
A back to the previous tuning would be great, I would also like to see this in GT7. Yes I know you can save tunes... but that is so cumbersome especially in FM

Weird, I have my controller plugged in with a USB C to USB extension to the back of the console, no batteries in the controller, and I don't have to touch anything and can leave it running for 2+ hours with no issues.

I thought maybe it was a controller setting through the console menu (kind of a "sleep controller" option) but I don't see one.
I am 100% convinced that the next Featured Tour will drop on Thursday, and it will live alongside the previous one for 2 weeks.

Why would you expect otherwise?
I think it's based on the assumption that we have to wait until the next patch before the new Featured Tour shows up.

You change thing’s, go to the track and realize... "this is nothing, everything is worse!" back to tuning and then the big question... "what had I adjusted? Something here, something there but what?"
A back to the previous tuning would be great, I would also like to see this in GT7. Yes I know you can save tunes... but that is so cumbersome especially in FM
Yeah saving is the only way, but really you shouldn't be making so many changes at once that you can't keep track of them. It requires a bit more patience but generally the "right" way to do is dial in different parts of the car progressively, otherwise it's hard to quantify which changes were actually positive.

My advice would be making one or two small changes to your settings between sessions rather than "Taking a big swing at it." That way you can easily remember what you changed and can undo it if those changes were a step in the wrong direction.

Weird, I have my controller plugged in with a USB C to USB extension to the back of the console, no batteries in the controller, and I don't have to touch anything and can leave it running for 2+ hours with no issues.

I thought maybe it was a controller setting through the console menu (kind of a "sleep controller" option) but I don't see one.
Thanks, I'll try leaving the batteries out. I've found Laguna Seca* Short is a good track for levelling so far as it has more corners per lap than the ovals and doesn't throw the car off on auto-drive.
*sorry, "WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca"

Last edited:
Hopefully not, but there are some bizarre visual design decisions in this game like the lap and time using a light couloured font against the sky which is also usually light coloured, offering very little contrast - other nearby text fields use dark backgrounds around them so there's hope they'll spot this and fix it.

Was a little concerned to see the leaked MS roadmap not feature anything related to accessibility. A paralympics game would be great from MS.

The next update, or refresh this Thursday best be a big one as I think I am about done with the game.

Finding very little incentive to play it other than to take photos (usually with a mediocre result as the game looks bland) or to see what liveries people have created (only to have the game crash when I'm checking them out)

I look at all the cars I have, and realise I can't use them online at all - which is how I have spent 99% of my time in every Motorsport game to date.

I don't want to spend my gaming time aimlessly driving around in SP ranking up one car, only to wait several weeks for that desired Class hopper to come around, or find out the car drives like crap and is uncompetitive.

And then if you want to rank up other cars for that Class hopper, you are spending your evening in SP ranking a car up to go from, C to B, or A. Only for the time to fly by, and that Hopper gets rotated out.

The game feels like a chore rather than FUN.

And whats with wait times for races being nearly 20 minutes, Online! Come on!

Last edited:
Indeed, the design choices have left both single player and multiplayer fans with some head scratching in the short term at least...

Thankfully EA Sports WRC will be playable from the 31st, so that along with FH5 will definitely keep my attention. FM23 can gradually update and become better and fuller over time.

WRC will keep my happy in terms of single player.

Multiplayer in Forza Motorsport is a lot of fun and I'm glad they basically copied the best bits from GT Sport.

My only real concern right now are the incredibly frequent crashes and soft locks whenever I so much as look at an upgrade screen. It's made organising race nights an incredible pain.

Fortunately my club has a perfectly acceptable Forza Horizon 5 sitting right there so we can use that while we wait for stability patches.

Back