Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
" The only thing to consider with diffs is that this setting wastes energy when accelerating, meaning you won't accelerate as quickly as if it were more closed or locked. "

This is a misunderstanding. Adjusting here means about the same as when you adjust the center-diff on a 4WD. It`s nothing "lost",
you just decides how to get the power down and avoid wheelspin

Well i finally got a response from the support team about the missing trees, foliage, grass and track side details on pc.

I5dfR3v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I found putting an ungodly amount of understeer into the 919, at least, made it much easier to drive. Before I figured this out though it was such a struggle. I won every race except the first one on max difficulty, I spun on Le Mans. Though to be fair I was also the only X class on the grid. It launches so quick too... you can be in 1st from 12th before you even get to the end of the grandstands.
I'm using the Ginetta after it was suggested earlier. Just trying to survive the pileup at Dunlop was an ordeal in itself. I'm not into the whole tuning thing, I don't have the patience for it.

I'm using the Ginetta after it was suggested earlier. Just trying to survive the pileup at Dunlop was an ordeal in itself. I'm not into the whole tuning thing, I don't have the patience for it.
Just max rear downforce in the Ginetta and fit soft tyres. I had no real issues after doing that.

Well i finally got a response from the support team about the missing trees, foliage, grass and track side details on pc.

I5dfR3v.jpg

khabib-khabib-nurmagomedov.gif
"Solved" is likely the terminology used for closing a ticket on their report system. I do not see them pretending that the issue is solved and addressed.

I would call this a good response.

They acknowledged your evidence and report of the issue and confirmed that they have collected the information.

They also didn't pretend that there is troubleshooting that can be done yet just to try and pretend to solve the problem.

I know it sucks that they could not offer a solution yet but to acknowledge the issue and not mislead is really good.

I can understand why they closed the ticket as the solution will have to be an update and not something that can be addressed on an individual basis.

Last edited:
I also grabbed the Ginetta just because it was the least expensive and I can use it for the Rivals event as well. The car is absolutely wicked loose on corner exit in stock settings. I've added downforce and softened the rear sway bar in the first couple races, it's helped some but it is still a handful when getting back on the loud pedal. I'll try some of the suggestions here my next game session for the car.

I may not be the majority but I have faith in T10 when it comes to fixing this game. These issues and lack of content should not have been there from day 1 after being in development for so long and even being delayed by 6 months but I know they are aware of these issues and want to see us have fun with their product without issues. I also have faith in the cars and tracks that will be added to this game. A year from today we will all probably be laughing at how much better the game plays, feels and looks.

It is nice to see they fixed the vinyl group bug that just lets you straight up steal vinyls and reupload them, I don't even wanna know how much stealing has been going on because of it.

are they fixing the game quick enough ? it seems like it will be a 2 to 3 weeks wait for this patch
It looks to me like it's going to be a similar rate of progress to Age of Empires 4, another MS Game Pass title (released around the same time as FH5). Like FM, it also had many people feeling like the game was launched about a year too early, and the rate of progress seemed pretty painful at first. But while I'm not keen on the direction the game has taken in many ways, it has nonetheless become a solid game, and I'm sure many players like the direction the game has taken, as the player count has remained pretty solid. It still has some issues that are painful to me, such as the campaigns being frozen using pre-release game mechanics. I'd expect FM to be the same, and be looking pretty solid a year from now, but at the same time probably still having many issues remaining that will annoy some of us depending on what each person sees as important.

I am glad they are fixing the issues as fast as possible
Now i am curious to know what cars they will add for the carpass and the autoshow, this month cars was a good solid start and i hope they continue the good pace

Also as reminder, dont forget to vote for your favorite cars in the Forza Forums, i had noticied people had not using much and the usual people there that prefer more horizon-like stuff are slowy taking over the votes, i saw drift cars being voted up and getting closer to cars that really would be better for the game like some good base-level econoboxes and some racing cars such as the Formula 4s and the new Formula Mazda

Last edited:
are they fixing the game quick enough ? it seems like it will be a 2 to 3 weeks wait for this patch
The devs can’t fix everything overnight. People are understandably frustrated with the state of the game, but I think they also need to recognize that the developers are human beings and they also need things important to their well-being like time with their families. The programmers shouldn’t devote their entire time and resources to this game. (Besides, a work-life balance is healthy.)

I’m quite frustrated too, but I and I’m sure the devs know there are more important things than video games.

Honestly 2 robust updates in the span of about 5 weeks is not bad at all. With them saying "200 fixes " that hopefully means just about the majority of the issues we have all seen or experienced should be squashed come Thanksgiving. Im still enjoying the game as best as I can and even bouncing between this and FH5 just to make time pass and drive different cars in different ways.

I've made an interesting discovery for AFK levelling up of cars. I tend to use Homestead Speedway (Oval), and with all assists on, the game was doing laps around 48 seconds levelling up a new copy of the '90 MX-5 (I want to have one at 300 and one at 400). I tried turning off the auto throttle and instead using a rubber band on the controller, and it instantly lapped something like 1.8 seconds quicker. It was getting one great segment per lap with the other segment not fast enough. I tried driving the car myself and realised it didn't need to brake or even lift all lap, so I also turned off the braking assist, so now the game was only steering. The car went much faster again, it was now getting great segments for both segments every lap! It even did a lap 0.1 quicker than I drove manually!!! I'm not sure just how much difference all the +50s make to the time to get to level 50, but I thought it was worth knowing you can do this if you can set the car up so it doesn't need any lifting or braking to get round the track.

AFK is problematic for me on console because every seven minutes it stops the game to ask me whether I'm still playing. Maybe it's the auto throttle.

Last edited:
tbh I dont like the idea of AFK grind, i undestand people want Money and XP faster but i think that it goes agnaist the idea of the game of you playing

Not mentioning it makes more unlikely to devs put acessibility settings since they will be used for such things

tbh I dont like the idea of AFK grind, i undestand people want Money and XP faster but i think that it goes agnaist the idea of the game of you playing
I don't care about money or XP, I just want to be able to build/tune the cars. I imagine all the devs want is player hours, and don't really care if they come from people levelling up cars AFK or driving themselves, it makes no difference to their player hour stats. In fact it improves their player hour stats if people level cars up AFK when they otherwise wouldn't bother.

Back