Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Impreza STI in Forza Motorsport (2023) vs Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)

10 years of progress

9Y98qpZ.jpg

PrHIvEt.jpg
Some models are bugged or unfinished, i have noticed that on some other models also. For instance the Mercedes A45 AMG is missing its grill entirely, the Dodge Viper logo is missing its texture and some of the Ferraris have the same issues. Stuff like this is acceptable if it happens on 1 or 2 cars but this just shows the quality control issues at T10.

10 years of progress

What do you want ? We reached a point long time ago where car models just look awesome detailed and graphics are not that fast improving like 20+ years ago lol. Maybe you should just play the game and have fun ? Do not understand the reason to complain about good looking graphics constantly. It also seems that you compare a showroom picture to a on track picture and of course the showroom has way better lighting and of course it's not the FM 23 picture to make it look worse in a comparison. Have seen that "tactic" many times lol

Last edited:
And whats with wait times for races being nearly 20 minutes, Online! Come on!
The idea of that is to have better quality matchmaking. If you want to have one lobby where everyone has S safety rating and skill rating in the 4900-5000 range, and another lobby where everyone has S safety rating and skill rating in the 4800-4900 range etc, the only realistic way to achieve that is with scheduled time slots. If you have ranked lobbies on demand like FH4, you get a very wide range of skill levels in the same race.

It's quite some time since I did FIA races in GTS, but I think the time slots for those were 2 or 3 hours apart, and that resulted in extremely high quality matchmaking.

What do you want ? We reached a point long time ago where car models just look awesome detailed and graphics are not that fast improving like 20+ years ago lol. Maybe you should just play the game and have fun ? Do not understand the reason to complain about good looking graphics constantly. It also seems that you compare a showroom picture to a on track picture and of course the showroom has way better lighting and of course it's not the FM 23 picture to make it look worse in a comparison. Have seen that "tactic" many times lol
What low standards you have. A game 10 years later should destroy the one made a decade before, not look worse in any way. Come on

Ok, hold up. I'm going to have to stop you there buddy. I'm actually siding with dethtrasher and turk1993 on account of the fact that these models have been regressed as of late. I've noticed some differences actually, since we know some of these cars have existed for a long time. Especially with the 2004 Impreza which has incorrect specs for JDM models (incorrect rims, badging not correct etc).

We're only nitpicking about old car models, not graphics. The way you're saying that sounds like you don't want this to be a discussion. I would humbly ask you to stop.

Impreza STI in Forza Motorsport (2023) vs Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)

10 years of progress

9Y98qpZ.jpg

PrHIvEt.jpg
Just to be clear, since I'm not disagreeing with you.... But it looks like the FM5 shot was taken in the showroom whereas the FM23 shot was taken on track. Does the model look any better in FM23 when you use the showroom (Forzavista) rather than on track?

Last edited:
Just to be clear, since I'm not disagreeing with you.... But it looks like the FM5 shot was taken in the showroom whereas the FM23 shot was taken on track. Does the model look any better in FM23 when you use the showroom (Forzavista) rather than on track?
Nope that model is bugged/unfinished, just look at the Subaru logo its missing completely. Its the same in Forzavista mode btw.

Last edited:
Comparisons in very different lighting conditions are not helpful. Other than the lighting, they look the same. Unless that's supposed to be the problem?
Well if you look at the bonnet just above the radiator in FM23 it's not smooth, unlike FM5. And the Subaru logo seems uncoloured or otherwise broken in the FM23 shot. And then we have the insides of the light bulbs which just look weird in the FM23 shot. So "unfinished" seems fair to me.

As for the odd piece in the center of the main headlights - it's still hexagonal but is now seemingly flat. At first I thought it should be rounded, but apparently it should be hexagonal just with a prism effect. FM23 has definitely regressed there too.

Here is what those headlights should actually look like:
1698605711437.png

Second example:
1698606183461.png

Now maybe it's just because of the terrible lighting angle causing all the glass at the front of the Impreza in the FM23 shot to be dull. Anyone have the car in game and willing to take a shot with lighting coming from the front?

Last edited:
Well if you look at the bonnet just above the radiator in FM23 it's not smooth, unlike FM5. And the Subaru logo seems uncoloured or otherwise broken in the FM23 shot. And then we have the insides of the light bulbs which just look weird in the FM23 shot. So "unfinished" seems fair to me.

As for the odd piece in the center of the main headlights - it's still hexagonal but is now seemingly flat. At first I thought it should be rounded, but apparently it should be hexagonal just with a prism effect. FM23 has definitely regressed there too.

Here is what those headlights should actually look like:
View attachment 1298883

Second example:
View attachment 1298885

Now maybe it's just because of the terrible lighting angle causing all the glass at the front of the Impreza in the FM23 shot to be dull. Anyone have the car in game and willing to take a shot with lighting coming from the front?
Bonnet smoothness is such a nitpick I truly do not care. 10 polygon difference, whatever. As for the badge, we know materials are messed up in the game, it doesn't really mean there's something wrong with this specific car.

Showroom photo mode shot (edit: via Forza.net exported properly now):

1698607033667.png

With light the glass bits at the front look way better than in the earlier screenshot, as expected. But you can really see the limits of Forza's glass materials like this - they need to fix their glass materials shaders to get anywhere near that FM5 shot.

And that hexagonal prism thing in the main headlight is definitely not as good as it was in FM5.

Last edited:
I don't think crazy is the right word, just curious. That F40 model upgrade looks really big like that, interesting :D

None of the race cars I've tested have the right fuel economy. Group C cars in the real world raced for one hour between pitstops and covered 16 laps. The Toyota GT-One could go 45 minutes between pitstops and covered 12 laps. The BMW prototype could go 55 minutes between pitstops and covered 15 laps.. The Ginetta LMP1 only does 5 laps in game. the LMP1 field could do 10-11-12 laps on a tankful.

None of the race cars I've tested have the right fuel economy. Group C cars in the real world raced for one hour between pitstops and covered 16 laps. The Toyota GT-One could go 45 minutes between pitstops and covered 12 laps. The BMW prototype could go 55 minutes between pitstops and covered 15 laps.. The Ginetta LMP1 only does 5 laps in game. the LMP1 field could do 10-11-12 laps on a tankful.

Another one of those things that has been an issue in Forza for years...

Another one of those things that has been an issue in Forza for years...
Another one of those things where Forza tends to apply a “one size fits all” philosophy to car details, and a surface level interpretation of motorsport.

Here’s another: Why do the pit crews not have any tyres or tools? 👀

You do a pitstop and as your car leaves the pit box you basically see 6 guys just standing there, your “previous set” of tyres nowhere to be seen, no wheel guns either despite all the fancy noises during the stop.

I’m not expecting F1 levels of detail (as that’s easier to do when all the cars have the same wheels and dimensions) but GT Sport managed a convincing looking pitstop scene.

Last edited:
Another one of those things where Forza tends to apply a “one size fits all” philosophy to car details, and a surface level interpretation of motorsport.

🤣 Although, it still beats the hell out of a gigantic black bar across your screen where you can't see where you're going until it dumps you out onto the track in traffic.

As predicted by many, including yourself,this car upgrade system is seriously complicating club racing.

Last edited:
Showroom photo mode shot (edit: via Forza.net exported properly now):

View attachment 1298894

With light the glass bits at the front look way better than in the earlier screenshot, as expected. But you can really see the limits of Forza's glass materials like this - they need to fix their glass materials shaders to get anywhere near that FM5 shot.

And that hexagonal prism thing in the main headlight is definitely not as good as it was in FM5.
The headlight glass there really doesn't look that different to an actual photograph I just found:

You do a pitstop and as your car leaves the pit box you basically see 6 guys just standing there, your “previous set” of tyres nowhere to be seen, no wheel guns either despite all the fancy noises during the stop.

I’m not expecting F1 levels of detail (as that’s easier to do when all the cars have the same wheels and dimensions) but GT Sport managed a convincing looking pitstop scene.
I'm glad somebody said it because the pit stop animation is so disappointing to me. Pit stop animations in PC2 from 2017 are so much better.

And, like you mentioned GT7 did a nice job with this.

Last edited:

This one actually bugs me a good bit because the sounds of the pit stop in this game are very well done and super satisfying. It kinda kills the moment a tad that the details of the pit stop don't match with the sound effects.

Yeah it doesn't make much sense, but it's something that we could control a bit on our own if they just gave us the ability multiply fuel burn and tire wear. Then we could give the Ginetta a x0.5 fuel burn setting and correct it, for example.

While they have learned from GT Sport for multiplayer stuff, they haven't learned everything, they just took some of the surface stuff and didn't take the deeper, critical details. GT Sport could have such interesting races because the things you could control could make the challenge so different from race to race. The tire compound limitations, forced compound switches, varying fuel burn and tire wear multipliers, draft strength settings, and limiting initial fuel loads. It made it so one race was about saving tire, the next race was about choosing when to use which tire, the next was about managing fuel use through the draft/lift and coast, the next was a pack drafting chessmatch, and the next was a fuel drop race (like V8 Supercars does in real life) where you choose when and how much fuel to take.

We know they have a tire wear multiplier because Featured Multiplayer uses it, I just hope they bring it to private lobbies/Free Play and make it customizable, along with fuel burn. Sadly, if they just drop the tire wear multiplier into free play/private lobbies as it is with no customizability it won't be nearly as useful for a wide range of race lengths.

There is a thread on the forum to vote for the tire wear multiplier for multiplayer at least (although it should be in Free Play too):

Last edited:
GT Sport could have such interesting races because the things you could control could make the challenge so different from race to race. The tire compound limitations, forced compound switches, varying fuel burn and tire wear multipliers, draft strength settings, and limiting initial fuel loads. It made it so one race was about saving tire, the next race was about choosing when to use which tire, the next was about managing fuel use through the draft/lift and coast, the next was a pack drafting chessmatch, and the next was a fuel drop race (like V8 Supercars does in real life) where you choose when and how much fuel to take.
Though it seems that even PD doesn't understand what it's doing, and it was just luck that those things happened. People are complaining nowadays about the lack of strategy options in GT7 races, and Rory Alexander was praising FM for a race where there were two viable strategies that converged on the last lap, contrasting that against the lack of viable alternative strategies in GT7 races.

¿Turn 10 could release patches in the future to improve the game's graphics: for example, improve lighting, higher quality textures or improve car modeling?
Or is it impossible to improve the graphic quality of the game once it is released.

Last edited:
Are you sure you had a full tank? I didn't and was still able to get a full race in during the featured events, granted they were only 3-4 laps. I made sure the tank was full enough to last that race and have a lap or 2 extra and didn't have an issue at all.

Are you sure you had a full tank? I didn't and was still able to get a full race in during the featured events, granted they were only 3-4 laps. I made sure the tank was full enough to last that race and have a lap or 2 extra and didn't have an issue at all.
I just went and checked in Free Play at Le Mans and did a couple laps in the GT-One to get the fuel calculator actually calculating, it says it can go for 42mins. Just did the laps then restarted and checked what 100% fuel load said. Make sure to set the rules first as well.

Back