Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Though it seems that even PD doesn't understand what it's doing, and it was just luck that those things happened. People are complaining nowadays about the lack of strategy options in GT7 races, and Rory Alexander was praising FM for a race where there were two viable strategies that converged on the last lap, contrasting that against the lack of viable alternative strategies in GT7 races.
There is definitely not a lack of strategies options in GT7 races.. I watch Rory every morning… He was more saying the conditions on GT7 are just always static. On FM every race online has different conditions which is great in my opinion! When you talk about actual weather and how it impacts a race GT7 is just better in my opinion… the weather system is more advance vs FM.

Most models are significantly upgraded over the previous games and look much much better thanks to the new shaders. There are some cars that are buggy or unfinished, but lets not get crazy.

60.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

62.jpg

64.jpg

Those are really great and comparable shots. This is how a comparison should be done. Big Thanks for your time and effort :)

Last edited:
Here's one where he's saying there's only one viable strategy:

Yes for that week it was a saving your fuel strategy race… It’s different each week. Did you see his Spa races today? They were great and it was a tire strategy race, but it would be nice if the races switch up the dynamics a bit.. This is what I like about FM online races.

Can anyone post a tune for the Ginetta in the prototype power featured career series?

It's really hard for me to control this car

I just did the first race and embarrassed to say how many seconds a lap I was behind the leaders

Last edited:
Can anyone post a tune for the Ginetta in the prototype power featured career series?

It's really hard for me to control this car

I just did the first race and embarrassed to say how many seconds a lap I was behind the leaders
A simple one that worked very well for me: increase the front tire pressure about 7psi above stock to make them less responsive, and increase the rear downforce so that the visual bar is around 90-95% full (units can differ so I prefer to just tell people % of full).

Has anyone driven the Focus Touring Car much? I feel like it's pretty good on the tires, just had a couple of no-stoppers on hards, one on lemans and the other on Homestead.
Lemans I still had life in them while the Audi in front was completely lost at sea, gained 3s on the last lap, then on Homestead I made it home only losing a couple places in the last lap as my tires were dying but the lap before I passed a Merc who was obviously running out of tire.

I made myself a nice livery for it so I'm going to drive it for a bit, but at this stage it seems like it may be a decent choice to avoid a pit in some races

A simple one that worked very well for me: increase the front tire pressure about 7psi above stock to make them less responsive, and increase the rear downforce so that the visual bar is around 90-95% full (units can differ so I prefer to just tell people % of full).
Thank you. I'll try this

Ah, makes sense - just very strange having a new one on the left and old one on the right for a layout :lol: Definitely a massive improvement.
I had a look at those vehicles from the first batch in FH5 for reference. They don't look as bad as the right hand side but are clearly not updated to the quality of the left hand side.

Those updates are all very impressive, I hope they will continue this good work.

Ah, makes sense - just very strange having a new one on the left and old one on the right for a layout :lol: Definitely a massive improvement.
Sorry, i just put that together in 15min 🤷‍♂️. Next time i will make it in the correct order.

I had a look at those vehicles from the first batch in FH5 for reference. They don't look as bad as the right hand side but are clearly not updated to the quality of the left hand side.

Those updates are all very impressive, I hope they will continue this good work.
Yup some of the shaders are massively improvement, even over Forza Horizon 5 which was also improved over previous games.

He lost me when he said FH5 feels better on a wheel.
He lost me ever since he put a picture of his face making a dooty in his pantaloons for the thumbnail of every video he does.
This is now the second video he's done in FM where he's proved he has no idea how to setup his own wheel or use settings in a game. All he wanted to do is complain. He does have a point that the developers should have took the time to ensure that the wheel experience was a lot closer to being good right out of the gate. However, those of us that know our wheels eventually found out what feels good and where we wanted it.
The understeer he talks about is an issue, that hopefully will be worked on by T10. But making another video where over half of it talking about using someone else's FFB settings and how they don't work for you is ridiculous.

I can confirm Drivehub works know with my G25 on Xbox Series X!

It works very well, although I have an issue that I didn't noticed on PC, I guess are the wheels losing traction or so cause the wheel clicks and loses force for less than a second and doesn't feel natural at all and is really annoying, it's most appreciable in an LMP or the Brabham hypercar... Although you can easily feel it doing donuts.

I'm gonna test on pc and let's see how it works with my wheel settings, I guess they don't transfer from pc to Xbox or viceversa.

I can confirm Drivehub works know with my G25 on Xbox Series X!

It works very well, although I have an issue that I didn't noticed on PC, I guess are the wheels losing traction or so cause the wheel clicks and loses force for less than a second and doesn't feel natural at all and is really annoying, it's most appreciable in an LMP or the Brabham hypercar... Although you can easily feel it doing donuts.

I'm gonna test on pc and let's see how it works with my wheel settings, I guess they don't transfer from pc to Xbox or viceversa.
Are you sure you aren't locking up the front wheels under braking? Because what you say about losing force for a second is exactly what you'd expect if you lock the front wheels and the tyres simply slide for a bit before regaining traction...

He lost me ever since he put a picture of his face making a dooty in his pantaloons for the thumbnail of every video he does.
This is now the second video he's done in FM where he's proved he has no idea how to setup his own wheel or use settings in a game. All he wanted to do is complain. He does have a point that the developers should have took the time to ensure that the wheel experience was a lot closer to being good right out of the gate. However, those of us that know our wheels eventually found out what feels good and where we wanted it.
The understeer he talks about is an issue, that hopefully will be worked on by T10. But making another video where over half of it talking about using someone else's FFB settings and how they don't work for you is ridiculous.
Agreed with all your points, and the FH5 one above, but also I don't understand what he's being so defensive about. He didn't even start being reasonable about the issue till the end where he stated "maybe I'm holding it to too high of a standard" or whatever he said. But even that feels disingenuous to me because I really do, truthfully, think the FFB in FM is on the highest tier of FFB games (road). I would say that even if I hated the game. Is it the most accurate? I can't say that. But when I'm being told it feels so bad that he can't feel anything at all, that the wheels aren't connected to the ground, it makes me question whether he's actually having an issue or if he's got ulterior motives. That's the complete opposite of my own experience.

Last edited:
Y'all think we will ever get a fix & leaderboard wipe for the turn 1 exploit at Mid-Ohio or is that just the Forza-approved line now?

Agreed with all your points, and the FH5 one above, but also I don't understand what he's being so defensive about. He didn't even start being reasonable about the issue till the end where he stated "maybe I'm holding it to too high of a standard" or whatever he said. But even that feels disingenuous to me because I really do, truthfully, think the FFB in FM is on the highest tier of FFB games (road). I would say that even if I hated the game. Is it the most accurate? I can't say that. But when I'm being told it feels so bad that he can't feel anything at all, that the wheels aren't connected to the ground, it makes me question whether he's actually having an issue or if he's got ulterior motives. That's the complete opposite of my own experience.
Hes in GT's pockets, I feel he is trashing it on purpose. I used to really enjoy his videos but since he got bigger in the YT community, I feel like he has gotten too big headed.

It's why I have switched to watching Rory, you can tell he has no affiliation with anyone, he keeps it honest, he enjoys both games

It's why I have switched to watching Rory, you can tell he has no affiliation with anyone
You mean the guy who is the official ESL R1/Rennsport streamer? Like, literally a straight-up (and not hidden) affiliation?

This week Jimmy is an EA shill, according to the sim racing "community", because he likes EA SPORTS WRC. I'm sure he'll be in the pockets of whoever he praises next, or the "opposition" pocket for whatever he criticises next.

And he's had his face (doing "a dooty") on all of them since pretty much day one.

It's fine to have your favourite and least favourite streamers, but there's no need to act like they're biased because they're not matching your own biases.

Any word on what the Open Series will be next week. I am not a fan of P Class. Been racing Early Factory Racecars and some GT over the past 6 days.

Hes in GT's pockets, I feel he is trashing it on purpose. I used to really enjoy his videos but since he got bigger in the YT community, I feel like he has gotten too big headed.

It's why I have switched to watching Rory, you can tell he has no affiliation with anyone, he keeps it honest, he enjoys both games

I don't necessarily think he's trashing it on purpose, but you certainly have to take everything he says with a grain of salt, when FM was released he suggested that those giving the game a 8/10 "should know better", as if his opinion is worth more than others. His wealth of sim-racing and real world experience aside, I haven't gelled with many of his video's for some time, I do enjoy his sim-racing stewards video's, and I feel he's in his element there, so I'll probably continue to ignore the rest of his content.

I've been watching Rory since he started streaming GT7 on release, scratching my FOMO itch as I watched him race to judge whether I need to get myself a PS5 or not, never bought a PS5, upgraded my 12yr old GPU on my PC instead, but I've been watching his streams ever since, he's a joy to watch, has great banter with the regular viewers, but unfortunately it does get in the way a bit in my podcast backlog as I have his stream on all day while working instead.

Back