Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
View attachment 1300030

The Skyline is the one I was trying to choose but it wouldn't let me pick it. There were 5 cars available and the Skyline wasn't one of them and I don't believe the Golf was either.
View attachment 1300030

The Skyline is the one I was trying to choose but it wouldn't let me pick it. There were 5 cars available and the Skyline wasn't one of them and I don't believe the Golf was either.

Scroll to the left on the top bar over to My Cars, everything you own that's eligible will show up there. I am currently using a '93 Mustang Cobra R to clear every open class series by upgrading it for each class this way.

Scroll to the left on the top bar over to My Cars, everything you own that's eligible will show up there. I am currently using a '93 Mustang Cobra R to clear every open class series by upgrading it for each class this way.
I did that. But why are only a few cars I own in that class available instead of every car that I own in that class? That's what I'm asking. What is making those other cars I own, not available. If it's "Open Class" why are only a few cars open and the others are closed/

View attachment 1300030

Still not 100% sure I'm explaining myself correctly. What is the current tune on your Skyline and Golf? The PI 485 is factory setting for the Skyline, but if the one in your garage isn't currently in C class, I don't think it will show up. In my case, the Buick GNX is something like 423C (?) but mine was tuned to A class and so it didn't show up when I went to my cars. I went back to the garage, detuned it back to C class, and then it was available to choose.

Still not 100% sure I'm explaining myself correctly. What is the current tune on your Skyline and Golf? The PI 485 is factory setting for the Skyline, but if the one in your garage isn't currently in C class, I don't think it will show up. In my case, the Buick GNX is something like 423C (?) but mine was tuned to A class and so it didn't show up when I went to my cars. I went back to the garage, detuned it back to C class, and then it was available to choose.
I had a similair thing when doing the intro race in the builders cup.I wanted to use an R32 which was B class the same as the 3`recommended`cars but wasnt able to,it was only a small selection of B class cars that i could pick.I went with the Focus RS then did it again with the Amg A45.

I had a similair thing when doing the intro race in the builders cup.I wanted to use an R32 which was B class the same as the 3`recommended`cars but wasnt able to,it was only a small selection of B class cars that i could pick.I went with the Focus RS then did it again with the Amg A45.
The intro series seems to be just an arbitrary selection of cars that the devs selected. The Open Series should be any cars in the given class though.

I understand if I've taken a true C and tuned it to a B or higher it wouldn't show up in the selection. Or would it? EDIT At least I think they are, once I get home from work I'll take a look at each of them in the garage to make sure

Last edited:
Am having a blast racing the Ford Falcon in the GT events, I know it's not technically a GT3 but I don't care. I added all the downforce I could and it still makes up time in the long straights, and to my surprise it's competitive in the twisty bits. I actually love this part of the game, a bit of variety in this class is nice even though it's not particularly realistic

Am still trying to hunt down the elusive achievement for making up 12 spots in the grid, I seem to just join lobbies late enough that there's still half a dozen cars behind me and even getting on the podium doesn't give me 12 spots.

I'm massively confused and concerned by the 6 week "months" now.
We know the car pass cars that are coming.
But what happens with the Featured Tour for the next 2 weeks?
There's no new Series scheduled.
Based on the current Career setup, the next 2 weeks will therefore either have no featured car, or the Featured car will have NO new featured series in the career beyond what we have now ( they're going to have to either repeat a Track Tour series or use one of the series in the THREE other Tours (which gives them 12 series to choose from).

If that's the case, if you've already completed the existing Career as shown, the next 2 weeks is going to NOTHING but repeats if you only play Career mode (possibly with a different car).

Whereas a MUCH better option would be to keep the first Featured Tour open and start a second overlapping Featured Tour.

I hope this "gap" only applies to this first "month".

I am 100% convinced that the next Featured Tour will drop on Thursday, and it will live alongside the previous one for 2 weeks.

Why would you expect otherwise?
I was really hoping I was going to be wrong and you were right, but....

We currently have no featured car, no featured rival, no new featured series and I'm really glad that EA WRC and Spec II are out to fill the gap for the next 2 weeks :(

Last edited:
I'm testing Mopars for the D class online event starting with the Dodge SRT4 and making it rear wheel drive lowers the PI a bit. That plus front and rear aero added and tuned to max and enough ballast to get it to 400. Then there is a bit of wiggle room for better brakes, suspension, roll cage and lighter bits. I went with brakes since I don't know much about tuning suspension in Forza, but an experienced tuner can probably make it one of the best cars for D Class. From what I can tell there is no way to search for setups with lower class PI than the car in stock form which is really annoying but I think the first person to figure it out in rear wheel drive will have a one of a kind meta car for all but short tracks where there are plenty of tunes for the '90 Miata.

This game is a broken ass mess and turn 10 should be ashamed.

How many times is this game going to be stuck in infinite loading screen just minutes before starting an online race!? I would qualify, wait the lengthy 20 min practice time then if I decide to quickly change something tune related the game will get stuck in an never ending loading screen. Rebooting the game is the only way to resolve this.

This happened at LEAST 6 times tonight!!!

Just unacceptable.

How many times is this game going to be stuck in infinite loading screen just minutes before starting an online race!? I would qualify, wait the lengthy 20 min practice time then if I decide to quickly change something tune related the game will get stuck in an never ending loading screen. Rebooting the game is the only way to resolve this.

Just unacceptable.
Worst part is a single player can trigger this bug and affect the whole lobby. I would bet at least a couple people are doing it on purpose.

Just unacceptable.
Ashamed and embarrassed to no end is what they should be. I've personally never seen a game released so bad. I admit that I don't do much gaming and I'm sure there's been worse but this is an abomination to not only the Forza series but to what is supposed to be a top tier game development studio. You can't put out something that is worse than the previous iteration.

Sure there's a couple of plus sides in there like physics and graphical details, but it runs like garbage. On top of that, there's no point to what they are calling a career in this mess. I can set the AI to the easiest setting, start in P1 for every race AND finish last in every race and STILL complete the whole career. What the hell is that? There's no merit to actually doing good in the game. There's no "mission" events/races, there's nothing outside of the 4-6 championship race structure. They got rid of other forms of gameplay. Drag and drift. I don't really use those but wouldn't it be nice if it were there anyways to at least try?

Disappointment is an understatement. However, it took GT7 almost 2 years to release this Spec II update, which makes the game a lot better for the menus and features they added. In my opinion, GT7 should have been released like this but whatever, can't start a new game either. Time will tell if FM can do the same but they are in such a hole. From the blatant lying to us, to a product that seems like it wasn't even tested first before releasing, if they started issuing full refunds, I wonder how many people would actually keep this to find out if Turn 10 can even get this to a shape that we were in with FM7 within a year.

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-11-01 195349.png

Screenshot 2023-11-02 200151.png

I do apologize, I see what you mean now. I had no idea what level I had the Skyline at. I just thought if I see it's owned, why can't I use it. It asks if you want to buy another or select the car which also confused me but I guess if you genuinely want to use that car you would have to buy another one or restore yours to it's original level.

Due to a brief vacation, I didn't play for about a week... I just returned and promptly got stuck in an infinite loop after upgrading a car... Didn't they address that already?
Sigh... By the way, has anybody heard or read about Chris Esaki? The game feels aimless at this point in its very early life.

Have had some of the best online racing I've ever had..... when it works.

It's extremely frustrating, and I really hope they sort this game out, because there's a lot of potential here!
(part of the frustration is why ISN'T it sorted already?)

Last edited:
For me the game is in even worse state now than on launch. I was losing progression only from the last race before the last patch. Now I've lost 5 races from the featured series and 3 races from the super sedans series.
The only thing that let me complete the featured series and the open series was to not touch tuning or fuel, only upgrading the cars in the menu and returning to the main menu after a race or upgrading a car.

Surprisingly the game has completely stopped crashing in the last 10 days for me. Only issue i occasionally have is the ******* tuning bug in multiplayer but that happens once in maybe 10 races.

That Update 2.0 better be loaded - both in fixes and in content.
I am baffled that i cannot use race cars in open class. I was looking forward to fighting much faster (top speed wise) cars with the Touring cars in A class, as well as running a detuned GT3 in S class.
B and C were mighty fun with the Birdcage and the D - Type.

The Oreca 7 feels very good and would be a great spec series for featured multiplayer.

Ok, so I initially bought the game on the release date. And refunded it almos immediately. Because I was annoyed by the horrible controller input filtering. Tbh, that was expected, but I kinda hoped they changed that.

But then, after watching some gameplay vids, especially on the wheel, I decided to give it another shot. I have a PS5 controller, which has amazing stick precision for a controller. However, the issue is that it doesn't work great with Forza when plugged in directly. So what I ended up using was Universal Controller Remapper coupled with vJoy32. Now I have a direct input from my sticks and triggers. What can I say, I am truly amazed by Forza's physics! It's like completely different game now! I like it better than GT7 in terms of car physics. I can feel the car's suspension work, weight shifting, etc. Also, suspension geometry change when hitting a curb - wow!

Now, I'm curious, how does FH5 and FM7 feel when there's no idiotic input filtering.

Last edited:
@Arthur-A Im pretty sure FH5 and FM7 has controller input filtering,though I havent played FM7 for a long time,,try turning the wheel/joystick hard left or right while motoring and see what happens.I dont know if all race games have input filtering of some sort,im sure someone on here will know.

Running 6,7,8 laps at Le Mans with race cars to level them up and random quick play with road cars.
Very much what I've been doing lately. The thing that makes me to very much like this game is that the fundamentals are good. I like the way the cars handle, the way the tracks look with the dynamic lighting. Le Mans at sunrise is simply amazing!

For me, what will be very important is for Turn 10 to flesh out the career mode beyond its current somewhat bare-bones structure. I actually really like the way the career works with practice sessions and the races.

The other thing is the need for more content. We know more tracks are coming, but they really need to flesh-out car divisions. We got the Acura DPI last week and it's fantastic, but please add the Cadillac DPI now as well (it was even in the car list originally), and possibly also the Mazda. And the same applies to IMSA GTD and other GT3 cars like the AMG GT3, Lexus GT3, 720S GT3 (which have all been seen)

Lemme just preface this message by saying that I didn’t buy the game myself, it was a gift from a couple of friends who knew how much I love Forza.

Yesterday I decided to do the event series that I was not too keen doing on just to get them out of the way towards career completion.

So I did the vintage hatchback, retro tuner, classic sports car, factory racer, MX5 challenge, Foxbody challenge and classic muscle car series.

After that, I went on to start the C8 challenge as a reward for doing all those series, and when I went to buy the Z06, the game soft locked.

After 10 minutes of loading I had no choice but to quit, and when I turned it on again, all of my progress was reset except for the vintage hatchback series…

So I went to the store, gave the game a one star review, uninstalled the game and went back to Mexico and Hawaii cause this is a trash garbage fire like no other.

I do apologize, I see what you mean now. I had no idea what level I had the Skyline at. I just thought if I see it's owned, why can't I use it. It asks if you want to buy another or select the car which also confused me but I guess if you genuinely want to use that car you would have to buy another one or restore yours to it's original level.
No need to apologize at all, it's an obtuse system that they designed. It should be clear on the reason you can't use it and allow you to detune the car from that menu instead of having to back out to the main menu, find your car, change the tune, go back to the race, so on and so forth. The Forza Motorsport 2023 menu is the worst I've seen in a game in a long, long time.

Latest Posts

Back