Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Very much what I've been doing lately. The thing that makes me to very much like this game is that the fundamentals are good. I like the way the cars handle, the way the tracks look with the dynamic lighting. Le Mans at sunrise is simply amazing!

For me, what will be very important is for Turn 10 to flesh out the career mode beyond its current somewhat bare-bones structure. I actually really like the way the career works with practice sessions and the races.

The other thing is the need for more content. We know more tracks are coming, but they really need to flesh-out car divisions. We got the Acura DPI last week and it's fantastic, but please add the Cadillac DPI now as well (it was even in the car list originally), and possibly also the Mazda. And the same applies to IMSA GTD and other GT3 cars like the AMG GT3, Lexus GT3, 720S GT3 (which have all been seen)
To build off what you said just a bit because I fully agree about the content they need to release to keep this game fresh. I think one new or returning track ( or even a layout for a track thats included now) per month for the next 6 months would be ideal and after that they should give us one whenever they are able to, say every 3-6 months. Being that tracks was one of the areas that this game lacked severally in terms on content that would help them help us for sure. On top of other divisions needing more love like the dpi's, GT3s, v8 supercars, trans ams, early lmps, forza p2 can get some more too etc.and new ones being added too like indycar of a few generations like fm7, nascar to some degree, formula-e, formula racing trucks.

Last edited:
I'm getting a lot of stuttering now on PC that I wasn't getting before. Especially when the car comes back into the pits after practice. It's practically a blur it's stuttering so bad.

I've finished all of the challenges and open series so I might leave the game alone for awhile or at least not play it so often until the AI is addressed because it can ruin even solo races.

I'm getting a lot of stuttering now on PC that I wasn't getting before. Especially when the car comes back into the pits after practice. It's practically a blur it's stuttering so bad.

I've finished all of the challenges and open series so I might leave the game alone for awhile or at least not play it so often until the AI is addressed because it can ruin even solo races.
With Sophy being released, the AI in this game looks even worse now. They are SO dumb and aggressive

I wonder what is causing the bug where progress is lost, and how many people are actually affected?

So far I've put in nearly 40 hours and thankfully haven't lost progress atall, on a mix of Xbox Series X and PC (cross play). I have no idea why some unfortunates are affected by the bug and others are not.

Are the people suffering from progress bugs on Steam in particular, perhaps? I know MS ambitiously decided to share save progress between Steam and Xbox but perhaps that new mechanism is what is causing all this grief?

I'am a PC user using gamepass and it still happened after bugfix. Usually what i do is after finishing a race, i go to upgrade screen, buy few upgrade then exit to make sure the game is saved (the game don't explicitly said the game has been saved, other than on upgrade screen, buying cars and livery) during saving the game just lock up randomly, forcing me to quit the game. Strangely car level earned during a race still saved.

I'am a PC user using gamepass and it still happened after bugfix. Usually what i do is after finishing a race, i go to upgrade screen, buy few upgrade then exit to make sure the game is saved (the game don't explicitly said the game has been saved, other than on upgrade screen, buying cars and livery) during saving the game just lock up randomly, forcing me to quit the game. Strangely car level earned during a race still saved.

It happened to me once, since then I just exit from the post race screen and re-enter the same series, do whatever upgrades I need etc, I think the problem is hitting the Continue button, anything else seems to work fine.

I guess I'm not playing enough or I'm incredibly lucky because I've only had a handful of crashes or glitches since launch and the whole experience has not been annoying, to the point where it's almost like I feel I'm playing a different game than everyone else...
Good Luck Charlie Reaction GIF

I guess I'm not playing enough or I'm incredibly lucky because I've only had a handful of crashes or glitches since launch and the whole experience has not been annoying, to the point where it's almost like I feel I'm playing a different game than everyone else...

Knock on wood but this is where I'm at too. Ofcourse, I have a lot less play time than most people...

I've lost around 30 minutes of progress in around 100 hours of playing but the game crashes or freezes pretty often, I would say at least 20 times. Luckily it is mainly not while in a race.
I haven't raced online yet though because back when GT Sport was its most glitchy I lost over 15,000 driver rating through no fault of my own in a little over a year so now I have PTSD in any online game with skill ratings. I have tested cars that I want to race online in Rivals and raced them against high skill level AI but until there is an update that us proven to work, as much as I want to race online I feel like it's too risky.

I've lost around 30 minutes of progress in around 100 hours of playing but the game crashes or freezes pretty often, I would say at least 20 times. Luckily it is mainly not while in a race.
On that subject, I've been playing with MSI Afterburner running constantly giving me an FPS and GPU power readout even during menus. What I notice is that after going into the car tuning/upgrade menus for more than a minute the frame rate drops dramatically for me. If I then go back to a race after this I'll get roughly half of the normal performance.

I think this is a very bad VRAM-related memory issue. In my case I get a frame rate drop. But perhaps for others this triggers crashes.

My advice is to turn on something like MSI Afterburner FPS gauge to watch how frame rates change while you are tuning cars. If you see frame rate drops, restart the game.

Why BMW M3 e34 cockpit looks so incomplete: vent deflectors looks like they WIP, some buttons has red backlight and some don't, verydisappointing, but car is fun to drive.

I lost some progress last night, I decided to give WRC a try for a bit. I will be back to it after they patch this problem.

I've also been hit with the progression bug as well, and thus had to stop playing the game until it gets patched (maybe even fully a year down). The game is very buggy, glitchy and broken atm.

I suspect that only a small group of people have the saved progress issue. But if I was hit by it I'd complain bitterly too, it's one of the worst bugs you could get!

I rmember when PC2 came out on Xbox, lost my career three or four times and shelved it for well over a year. Angry, frustrated, and disappointed. So I certainly empathize with those having issues but yeah, it really is like we're not playing the same thing. Weird.

That's a Saleen S7 LM which was unveiled in 2017. Interesting car, even if it is a rather obscure supercar.

Still more interesting than Formula 1, to be fair.
Surely looks more competitive than Modern F1 indeed lol

Speaking of competitive, while some do complain, Forza still keeps being in most played in Xbox stores internationally and still on top 10 most played in True Archivements

In Brazil is ahead of Starfield and Halo Infinite
In UK is ahead of FIFA, Red Dead, Halo and Cyberpunk
In USA is ahead of UFC 5 first week, Cyberpunk and Mortal Kombat 11
In Japan it is on the very ahead of Minecraft, Call of Duty, Halo and more

In all of those regions and other seems quite ahead of Grounded and Sea of Thieves, games that are constantly updated by Xbox, so maybe long term wont be a issue after all (hopefully)

3 lap races though. Both series are a joke in that regard, it's 2023.
GT Revival is my only hope now.
What’s available with Sophy right now is a decent start IMO. It’s a good option if you want a quick fix, but I can understand why people want longer races. Kind of like this game’s career races. Hopefully both Sophy and this game’s AI get more refined in the future.

Regardless, I think T10 have a lot to answer for Spec II. Not that GT7 doesn’t have its issues (roulette spins, Legendary Cars), but the GT7 subforum has more or less gotten used to those things and they are mild annoyances compared to the freezes/crashes/etc. here.

AC tire model in a nutshell xD

And tbh what AC has become is just insane and will be very hard to beat for Kunos. I hardly doubt they will deliver anything close to AC 2023.

It's funny that you put it that way because I've always said that GT7 and Forza on a wheel feels like a flat tire or driving on underinflated balloons. It's like you never make contact with the road and you're floating. Keep turning the wheel, nothing happens, keep turning the wheel in AC or AMS2 or rF2 and the car keeps reacting. Weird that the opposite take would be had on a controller.

It should be that hard to beat AC for Kunos though. AC still has a lot of inherent issues. Good tire model for being 10 years old but slip angles, especially after contact are a bit wacked. I would still put AC's tire model above the gaming industries versions by far. No rolling starts. AI that doesn't really handle pitting that well and will pit maneuver you. Which is funny to mention AI because while it kind of agreed that the AI in AC maybe the worst in the sim world, they are better than FM and GT7 still by a lot. The countless bugs and things that don't work with every iteration of CSP that comes out relying on some guy in Russia to make. Well, the list goes on. If you want something to just throw a bunch of garbage in whether it works well or not, AC is that. If you want a refined working up to date sim that brings stability and is still supported by devs, like ACC, then AC2 would be for you.

Latest Posts

Back