Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
If its reference to the pics I posted,I only put the vinyl on one part of the side of the car to highlight the different finish of the same paint on vinyl vs bodywork.I think you can put decals all over the car,I may be wrong though.
No worries, I meant more in general, like not being able to put them on windows (can you yet?) I guess on the Mini though, can you put them over the plastic wheel arches? The rear ones look glossy, but I can't tell if that's a vinyl or if the finish is just affecting the texture?

@skazz Just to finish up with my paintshop`issues`.I changed the time of day as suggested,both pics were taken late afternoon and mostly clear.Again the washed out matt looking pic is basic red paint and the glossy one is vinyl painted basic red.Makes no sense to me,hopefully an update will sort some of these small issues.At least we can paint vinyls whatever shade of colour we want,I thought maybe we wouldnt be able to alter colour shades on vinyls but we can.

@buickgnx88 No we cant put decals over windows,the wheelarches are non paintable on the mini. 👍

paint late aft.jpg
Vinyl late aft..jpg

Last edited:
Again the washed out matt looking pic is basic red paint and the glossy one is vinyl painted basic red.Makes no sense to me,hopefully an update will sort some of these small issues.At least we can paint vinyls whatever shade of colour we want,I thought maybe we wouldnt be able to alter colour shades on vinyls but we can
I had noticed that colors looked different than before, specially the blue, i wonder how much RT may impacted the car paints...

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder released last week in a far more polished, optimized, and complete state than this game. There’s no excuse for Forza to not have been the same way.

The ‘Mostly Negative’ reception on Steam says it all really, and it’s nobody’s but the devs’ fault that the game is in such a sorry state right now that it’s essentially DOA now that people are rightfully paying attention to more functional games.
Here's the thing: I don't have a Logitech G920 so I can play a Mario or a Spider-Man or a Space-Dungeon Zombie Roguelike Farming Simulator. I have one because I want to play a fun racing sim. And I think one of the reasons I want to love Forza Motorsport more than I do, and why it sucks that the game's flaws have alienated so many people (myself included), is because I've had a really hard time finding a fun racing sim! ACC and Automobilista 2 and most other stuff beloved by the hardcore RaceDepartment-poster types tends to be more complicated and hard for me to drive than my wheel-beginner self can handle, and if I have to spend two hours futzing with my wheel settings and the game settings and the car tuning just to be able to take a GT3 car around Monza without winding up in the grass I'll probably just wind up doing something else with my time. Assetto Corsa's handling model isn't as tricky for me, but the sprawling mess that is the modding scene has flooded the market with half-finished, fictional-feeling garbage, and even the quality stuff can't make up for the fact that singleplayer is a thoroughly bland experience suited mostly for hotlapping. (What's the point of driving nearly any car/track combo I could ever dream of when it can't fully capture the credible, history-minded, wow, motorsport is amazing feeling I used to get tinkering with modded versions of GTR 2 and GT Legends?) And my plans to finally buy one of those elusive PS5s so I could reconnect with my Gran Turismo roots went down the tubes the moment I found out just how divisive-at-best that game was, too. I don't trust that Rennsport or whatever blue-sky hype Ian Bell's up to will make up for that, either. I still enjoy the basic driving experience of the new Forza and I have at least a little faith in T10 to keep polishing it until it's at least 80% of the game I hoped it would be instead of the 50% it's at now, but it's pretty clear at this point that there's not enough life in this game -- or its community.

Long gripe short, with Forza and GT both being this disappointing to people now, I think we might be facing the end of the casual sim/"simcade" as we know it. The vast majority of gamers seem largely uninterested in these kinds of games and would sooner pay $60 for a remastered Burnout 3 than try out even a theoretically perfectly-functioning and feature-rich Forza (if it ever exists) for free on GamePass, and the people who take racing sims super-seriously won't care because they already have iRacing or whatever. Most big-ticket cultural phenomena these days seems extremely risk-averse and driven primarily by a need for endless growth, and if the new Forza turned out to be too much of a risk that failed to pay off, I guess I'll have to learn to enjoy Soulslikes or something because there won't be anything else I'd want to plug in my wheel for.

Here's the thing: I don't have a Logitech G920 so I can play a Mario or a Spider-Man or a Space-Dungeon Zombie Roguelike Farming Simulator. I have one because I want to play a fun racing sim. And I think one of the reasons I want to love Forza Motorsport more than I do, and why it sucks that the game's flaws have alienated so many people (myself included), is because I've had a really hard time finding a fun racing sim! ACC and Automobilista 2 and most other stuff beloved by the hardcore RaceDepartment-poster types tends to be more complicated and hard for me to drive than my wheel-beginner self can handle, and if I have to spend two hours futzing with my wheel settings and the game settings and the car tuning just to be able to take a GT3 car around Monza without winding up in the grass I'll probably just wind up doing something else with my time. Assetto Corsa's handling model isn't as tricky for me, but the sprawling mess that is the modding scene has flooded the market with half-finished, fictional-feeling garbage, and even the quality stuff can't make up for the fact that singleplayer is a thoroughly bland experience suited mostly for hotlapping. (What's the point of driving nearly any car/track combo I could ever dream of when it can't fully capture the credible, history-minded, wow, motorsport is amazing feeling I used to get tinkering with modded versions of GTR 2 and GT Legends?) And my plans to finally buy one of those elusive PS5s so I could reconnect with my Gran Turismo roots went down the tubes the moment I found out just how divisive-at-best that game was, too. I don't trust that Rennsport or whatever blue-sky hype Ian Bell's up to will make up for that, either. I still enjoy the basic driving experience of the new Forza and I have at least a little faith in T10 to keep polishing it until it's at least 80% of the game I hoped it would be instead of the 50% it's at now, but it's pretty clear at this point that there's not enough life in this game -- or its community.

Long gripe short, with Forza and GT both being this disappointing to people now, I think we might be facing the end of the casual sim/"simcade" as we know it. The vast majority of gamers seem largely uninterested in these kinds of games and would sooner pay $60 for a remastered Burnout 3 than try out even a theoretically perfectly-functioning and feature-rich Forza (if it ever exists) for free on GamePass, and the people who take racing sims super-seriously won't care because they already have iRacing or whatever. Most big-ticket cultural phenomena these days seems extremely risk-averse and driven primarily by a need for endless growth, and if the new Forza turned out to be too much of a risk that failed to pay off, I guess I'll have to learn to enjoy Soulslikes or something because there won't be anything else I'd want to plug in my wheel for.
The reality is that Forza especially is built for controller first, wheel second.

My estimate is at least 95% but probably 99% of all Forza players are controller users, so figuring out good tuning settings for each wheel is not a big thing in the Forza community. It'll come eventually, but unlike PC sims (where the controller is usually a really bad experience) getting wheel settings tuned in just right is low priority.

At the moment the most I can advise is to remove all damping for your wheel (it being cog-driven it needs all the help it can get so you don't want artificial damping making things worse for you). SuperGT recommended increasing the road feel especially to give more information on what the car is doing, so try setting that one to maximum. I can't be more help than that, sadly.

On the other side of the fence, I assure you that FM23 with a controller is a very easy and smooth experience, with lots of useful detail through the 4 rumble motors in the Xbox controller, and absolutely no problem being smooth and consistent using a silly little thumb stick to steer with. Furthermore, with Light Assists enabled, you don't need to be accurate with the brake or accelerator triggers, you can just stab them and let ABS and Sport TC sort things out for you. It's actually a big step forwards from FM7 in terms of ease of use with the controller, as surprising as that sounds.

Last edited:
The reality is that Forza especially is built for controller first, wheel second.

My estimate is at least 95% but probably 99% of all Forza players are controller users, so figuring out good tuning settings for each wheel is not a big thing in the Forza community. It'll come eventually, but unlike PC sims (where the controller is usually a really bad experience) getting wheel settings tuned in just right is low priority.

At the moment the most I can advise is to remove all damping for your wheel (it being cog-driven it needs all the help it can get so you don't want artificial damping making things worse for you). SuperGT recommended increasing the road feel especially to give more information on what the car is doing, so try setting that one to maximum. I can't be more help than that, sadly.

On the other side of the fence, I assure you that FM23 with a controller is a very easy and smooth experience, with lots of useful detail through the 4 rumble motors in the Xbox controller, and absolutely no problem being smooth and consistent using a silly little thumb stick to steer with. Furthermore, with Light Assists enabled, you don't need to be accurate with the brake or accelerator triggers, you can just stab them and let ABS and Sport TC sort things out for you. It's actually a big step forwards from FM7 in terms of ease of use with the controller, as surprising as that sounds.
Thanks, though the handling model and the way it feels on a wheel for me are currently among the least of my worries about this game. I haven't tried out some of the cars people claim are understeering or oversteering in ways that don't feel realistic, but I did dial in some settings that made at least a few of my favorite cars feel like a lot of fun to drive stock, including the E30 M3 and the Honda S800. It's the half-hearted career mode and the livery editor actually regressing and the aggravating bugs and the dearth of launch content and the whole atmosphere of disappointment around it that need fixing somehow.

Thanks, though the handling model and the way it feels on a wheel for me are currently among the least of my worries about this game. I haven't tried out some of the cars people claim are understeering or oversteering in ways that don't feel realistic, but I did dial in some settings that made at least a few of my favorite cars feel like a lot of fun to drive stock, including the E30 M3 and the Honda S800. It's the half-hearted career mode and the livery editor actually regressing and the aggravating bugs and the dearth of launch content and the whole atmosphere of disappointment around it that need fixing somehow.
Ah right. Yeah, if you are unlucky to be hit by bugs there's little to do. I'm lucky there, had almost zero problems on Xbox and only a few minor things on PC.

In terms of career mode - yeah, it's there for the long haul not for people who can complete all of the launch series within the first month, I guess... I recommend you just enjoy the free race mode. Forza has always given us a completely customizable free race mode which earns credits (and now also carXP).

For me personally the free race mode has always been where I've spent most time, even in FM7 where we had 390 races (60+ hours) of single player career mode. Just pick a car and have fun racing it. Then move on to the next one. It racks up credits and carXP, so it's basically a sandbox where you can race as if in a career mode but picking things yourself or letting the random generator choose each next race for you automatically.

Forza is one of very few car games which have collecting and tuning, so a free race mode which fits seamlessly is really intended to be what you do when you've finished the career no matter how long the career took.

I had noticed that colors looked different than before, specially the blue, i wonder how much RT may impacted the car paints...
The thing is,I found it doesnt affect factory colours so much its more when you use the colour picker.The factory colours tended to look shiny as intended.Go figure.

I was looking at Forza Motorsport on Steam.... My conclusion is that almost nobody has bought it on Steam....

Total reviews after nearly 1 month is only 3000:
1698255575029.png

Compare to 130,000 reviews of FH5 after 2 years:
1698255554343.png

However on Gamepass, FM23 is now 3rd most popular game after League of Legends and Minecraft (FH5 is sixth, i.e. next one on the list but on page 2):
1698255672378.png

So I get the impression that 99.99% of FM23 players are Xbox or Xbox App and nobody is buying it on Steam.

This forum is probably rather skewed to Steam rather than Xbox/Xbox App/xCloud, given these numbers...

Last edited:
I was looking at Forza Motorsport on Steam.... My conclusion is that almost nobody has bought it....

Total reviews after nearly 1 month is only 3000:
View attachment 1298042

Compare to 130,000 reviews of FH5 after 2 years:
View attachment 1298041

However on Gamepass, FM23 is now 3rd most popular game after League of Legends and Minecraft (FH5 is sixth, i.e. next one on the list but on page 2):
View attachment 1298043

So I get the impression that 99.99% of FM23 players are Xbox or Xbox App and nobody is buying it on Steam.

This forum is probably rather skewed to Steam rather than Xbox/Xbox App/xCloud, given these numbers...
I had pre-ordered it through the Xbox store before buying a gaming PC so I downloaded it to the PC.

I buy every "Microsoft" game from the Xbox App/Microsoft Store. As somebody who has been playing PC games long enough to prefer just keeping it simple, I don't really like adding extra steps to the process. Plus you get the game on both platforms which you don't get with Steam.

I buy every "Microsoft" game from the Xbox App/Microsoft Store. As somebody who has been playing PC games long enough to prefer just keeping it simple, I don't really like adding extra steps to the process. Plus you get the game on both platforms which you don't get with Steam.
me too, I've been buying the digital versions on the Microsoft store since FH3 since the ability to use it on your Xbox and PC (and have the saved game sync between them) is just awesome.

me too, I've been buying the digital versions on the Microsoft store since FH3 since the ability to use it on your Xbox and PC (and have the saved game sync between them) is just awesome.
I think whether you own a console and PC or not is a consideration as to which outlet to purchase from. If I only had a PC and had no intention of playing on console I'd seriously consider Steam especially if I was tied into its ecosystem. For any other combination (console/PC or just console like me) MS/Xbox store is a no brainer.

CDKeys is another option but it's harder to get refunds on games you don't like in my experience. I tend to use it for older games.

Last edited:
Audi RS 4 Avant 2018 has same bug as it was in FH5 - both mirrors reflect same view.

Attachments

• Forza Motorsport 26.10.2023 0_21_16.png
    Forza Motorsport 26.10.2023 0_21_16.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 14
I have fear that this game fails for multiple reasons but this is my biggest
I dont want to live in a world that GT7 is the only game of its type, or a world that Horizon is the only Forza existing

I also do it

FM was made and focused on Xbox, if wasnt clear by now
The better optimization, the FPS multiplayer CAP for PCs, everything of it was made for better console experience
They know Motorsport was impossible to be that profitable in PC beacuse most PC players goes for a side or another, they are playing Horizon or they pretending being profissional drivers in AC, ACC or iRacing

FM was created to fill a market that isnt on Xbox
Also, not mentioning that Xbox needs a "more serious" awnser to GT, unlike Horizon

Last edited:
Ah right. Yeah, if you are unlucky to be hit by bugs there's little to do. I'm lucky there, had almost zero problems on Xbox and only a few minor things on PC.

In terms of career mode - yeah, it's there for the long haul not for people who can complete all of the launch series within the first month, I guess... I recommend you just enjoy the free race mode. Forza has always given us a completely customizable free race mode which earns credits (and now also carXP).

For me personally the free race mode has always been where I've spent most time, even in FM7 where we had 390 races (60+ hours) of single player career mode. Just pick a car and have fun racing it. Then move on to the next one. It racks up credits and carXP, so it's basically a sandbox where you can race as if in a career mode but picking things yourself or letting the random generator choose each next race for you automatically.

Forza is one of very few car games which have collecting and tuning, so a free race mode which fits seamlessly is really intended to be what you do when you've finished the career no matter how long the career took.
Having the Free Race mode as a sort of infinite postgame works very well, it's pretty much mandatory for a racing game, really.

I'm having trouble grappling with FM's flat pay rates, though. Given the RPG progression everywhere else in the game, I was confused when I used nearly all the credits I saved racing sporty hatchbacks to buy a discounted FXX-K for the current tour, and found that I still earned ~17,000 credits per race.

An arcade race I played made me even less, so... does this work like FH3? Do all of the real credits come from custom endurance races that give you ten level-up bonuses?

The M2 Competition is a massively disappointing choice for the Car Pass, waste of a limited spot.

Is basically the same is the one we‘ve in what, 4 Forzas now? Thought oh maybe it will have some unique customisation options to the old model, but instead it has nothing new, and is missing the options we had previously.

Had this been one of the Career reward cars then I’d have been fine with it, but it being apart of something that pay extra for is a real kick in the nuts.

Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder released last week in a far more polished, optimized, and complete state than this game. There’s no excuse for Forza to not have been the same way.

The ‘Mostly Negative’ reception on Steam says it all really, and it’s nobody’s but the devs’ fault that the game is in such a sorry state right now that it’s essentially DOA now that people are rightfully paying attention to more functional games.
Calling Spider-Man 2 polished, optimized, and in a complete state is hilarious.

On the tuning tab,to the far right is an option for how much the steering wheel turns,Both the options are locked,I assume thats for people with wheel set ups,hence being locked for me on a controller,or is it how much the wheels in the car can turn.If so how do i enable it?

On the tuning tab,to the far right is an option for how much the steering wheel turns,Both the options are locked,I assume thats for people with wheel set ups,hence being locked for me on a controller,or is it how much the wheels in the car can turn.If so how do i enable it?
They’re wheel specific. It’s a little annoying that they’re tied directly to the tune however, as when you download somebody else’s tune you also have to use their (car specific) force feedback strength and steering rotation.

Download the wrong tune on a high-end wheelbase and you have an injury risk in your hands.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble grappling with FM's flat pay rates, though. Given the RPG progression everywhere else in the game, I was confused when I used nearly all the credits I saved racing sporty hatchbacks to buy a discounted FXX-K for the current tour, and found that I still earned ~17,000 credits per race.
My credits are constantly increasing because doing rivals for 3 hours to get a car to level 50 pays out more than the cost of most cars, and what you do with the car after that pays out more on top. I've only got about 15 of my cars to level 50, and have 7m in the bank. For what it's worth, though, you should stop the rivals after 1.5 hours and start it again, as it caps the payout at 100k (200k with VIP).

They’re wheel specific. It’s a little annoying that they’re tied directly to the tune however, as when you download somebody else’s tune you also have to use their (car specific) force feedback strength and steering rotation.

Download the wrong tune on a high-end wheelbase and you have an injury risk in your hands.
I thought it might be tied to wheel setups,if I added drift suspension that is in the performance tab,would that give me more turn on the front wheels or would it make the car hard to drive in a race?The front wheels only seem to turn so far.

Back