Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
Coloring wheels right now is very strange/broken, and black paint also seems to still be brighter than it should be, unfortunately doesn't seem like there's a fix for it right now.
Ok,that makes sense.How can something so simple seem to be hard? FH5 manages it fine,I painted the wheels on my Mclaren black,but in photos they still look silver.Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.

Builders Cup.....I don't get it, how do I out build the competition when they are running high levels parts before I can in the first few races of a series
I had to do the Built to Race tour a second time to win it, once I had upgraded the Viper.
#bringbackMRossi
6.jpg

CHE_3_CamaroTA_18 = 2019 Chevrolet #3 Lawrence Loshak Pennzoil Camaro TA based on the Trans-Am reports found at gotransam.com

Loshak.jpg

AST_98_V8Vantage_17's the file name for the 2017 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3

And one last look at List_PartsManufacturer. More interesting manufacturers discovered.
  • Parnelli
  • Shadow Racing
  • Duesenberg
  • Miller
  • Kurtis-Kraft
  • Polestar
  • SARD
  • Freightliner
  • Zeekr
  • Lucid

Also found a change for a past leaked car.
FOR_20_B190_90 -> FOR_20_B188_88.
Shadow Racing was a former Can-Am and F1 manufacturer where they were formerly American, then British, and currently, Italian.

Duesenberg? I've been wanting to drive a classic Duesy in a video game, in particular, the Mormon Meteor land speed record car, and whatever Gary Cooper owned. One should always remember the phrase "He/she drives a Duesenberg".

Hope this means the Polestar 1 and SARD MC8-R also make it in, and Freightliner give hints to racing trucks making a return. Lucid is a no-brainer as it's almost certain they will make it to Forza Horizon 5 first.

Last edited:
I didn't know you could see the upgrades to the AI cars. But, I'm usually the last one to figure that kind of stuff out.

How do I see the AI upgrades?
You can't exactly, but you get to see AI tyre choice at start of race on grid if you don't skip. Can also watch replays with telemetry on to see AI cars HP/Torque/revs etc and then join the dots yourself. It's a pain in the ass but gives you a good idea what they are running.

Thanks I will look forward to that one, I'm about half way through 2nd tier so far, just won the German Series with the stock M3 last night (bar the last race), great car to drive.

I had to do the Built to Race tour a second time to win it, once I had upgraded the Viper.
#bringbackMRoss

Shadow Racing was a former Can-Am and F1 manufacturer where they were formerly American, then British, and currently, Italian.

Duesenberg? I've been wanting to drive a classic Duesy in a video game, in particular, the Mormon Meteor land speed record car, and whatever Gary Cooper owned. One should always remember the phrase "He/she drives a Duesenberg".

Hope this means the Polestar 1 and SARD MC8-R also make it in, and Freightliner give hints to racing trucks making a return. Lucid is a no-brainer as it's almost certain they will make it to Forza Horizon 5 first.
During one of the earlier trailers for FM back in 2021 i believe, there was a clip that showed a Volvo racing truck parked in the player garage. Im pretty sure we will get racing trucks eventually I dont see why not.

Jumbone;

buy a car, then quit the race and go to free play and race it until you can upgrade it as much as you like. Some upgrades
doesn`t change the PI wery much, like suspension-parts, gearbox and diff. Depends on what the car needs

Yeah could do that, but can't really be bothered ...it ruins the flow of going through the career in my opinion. Plus my car will likely be overpowered, I'm enjoying the stock cars, makes you really know a car by the end of the series and how to push it to the limits

Only had time for one race in the C class open event tonight, but it was good fun, I was underpowered, only getting my MR2 up to 425 I think, but enough to gain entry, started from the very back but managed a P11 mixing it with cars all in the 480+ range.

Someone mentioned this might be a good class to race clean, and from what I saw I agree so far, a bit of rubbing but didn't see any punting at all, good family fun

Posted this in the other thread, but this is my list of Body Kits in FM2023. This should be pretty much up to date - there might be a couple kits I could have missed or that have been removed.

This list could be helpful for anyone trying to grind to a specific kit etc. Will keep it updated as the game (hopefully) gets more customization.

Body Kits in FM 2023 by car (73)

• 2017 Acura NSX - Forza Designed
  • 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus - Forza Designed
  • 2015 Audi RS6 Avant - Forza Designed
  • 2013 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro - Liberty Walk
  • 2018 BMW M5 - Forza Designed
  • 2005 BMW M3 E46 - SSWORXS
  • 2005 BMW M3 E46 - Streetfighters L.A
  • 2005 BMW M3 E46 - Rocket Bunny
  • 1997 BMW M3 E36 - Rocket Bunny
  • 1997 BMW M3 E36 - Streetfighters L.A
  • 2016 Cadillac ATS-V - Forza Designed
  • 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray - Sigala Designs
  • 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 - Streethunters
  • 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE - Streetfighters L.A
  • 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 - Forza Designed
  • 1970 Datsun 510 - Factory Fender Flares
  • 2016 Dodge Viper ACR - Forza Designed
  • 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista - Forza Designed
  • 2010 Ferrari 458 - Liberty Walk
  • 2017 Ford Focus RS - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Ford GT - Forza Designed
  • 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R - Forza Designed
  • 2019 Hyundai Veloster N - ADRO
  • 1992 Honda NSX-R - Rocket Bunny
  • 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe - Forza Designed
  • 2021 Lexus LC500 - Liberty Walk
  • 2015 Lexus RC-F - Forza Designed
  • 2015 Lexus RC-F - Rocket Bunny
  • 2021 Lynk & Co 03+ - Lynk & Co Touring Car Kit
  • 2016 Mazda MX-5 - Forza Designed
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD - KRC Japan
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD - TCP Magic
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD - Rocket Bunny
  • 1997 Mazda RX-7 FD (Boss Kit) - Rocket Bunny
  • 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Rocket Bunny
  • 1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7 FC - Factory Fender Flares
  • 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe S - Forza Designed
  • 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Black Series - Liberty Walk
  • 1965 Mini Cooper S - Factory Fender Flares
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR - Streetfighters L.A
  • 2020 Nissan GT-R NISMO - Chargespeed
  • 2017 Nissan GT-R - Forza Designed
  • 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z (350z) - Rocket Bunny
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R - KRC Japan
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R - Rocket Bunny
  • 1998 Nissan Silvia S14 Kouki - Rocket Bunny
  • 1994 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenki - Rocket Bunny
  • 1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R32) - Rocket Bunny
  • 1992 Nissan Silvia S13 - Rocket Bunny
  • 1992 Nissan 240SX - Rocket Bunny
  • 1987 Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-R - Factory Fender Flares
  • 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R - Factory Fender Flares
  • 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 240 - Rocket Bunny
  • 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 240 - Factory Fender Flares
  • 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Forza Designed
  • 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS - Duke Dynamics
  • 1995 Porsche 911 GT2 - RWB
  • 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3 - RWB
  • 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS - Factory Fender Flares
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS - RWB
  • 2019 Subaru WRX STi S209 - Varis
  • 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Forza Designed
  • 2013 Subaru BRZ - Rocket Bunny
  • 2020 Toyota Supra A90 - HKS
  • 1998 Toyota Supra RZ - KRC Japan
  • 1992 Toyota Supra GT 2.0 Twin Turbo - Factory Fender Flares
  • 1974 Toyota Celica GT - Factory Fender Flares
  • 2014 Volkswagen Golf R - Rocket Bunny
  • 1992 Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk2 - Rocket Bunny

And these are the specific, new-to-forza kits.

New to Forza Bodykits (14)

• 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus - Forza Designed
  • 2018 BMW M5 - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Dodge Viper ACR - Forza Designed
  • 2019 Ferrari 488 Pista - Forza Designed
  • 2016 Ford GT - Forza Designed
  • 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R - Forza Designed
  • 2015 Lexus RC-F - Forza Designed
  • 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R - Forza Designed
  • 2017 Nissan GT-R - Forza Designed
  • 2000 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R - KRC Japan
  • 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Forza Designed
  • 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Forza Designed

Here's a pic of one of the new ones, on the 2017 Nissan GT-R

F8hFNpBXAAARl2S

Last edited:
Can somebody help me,whats the secret to painting wheels black?For the life of me if i select black from the colour picker they dont seem to change colour properly,the only way i can get something near black is carbon polished.Take a photo though and they look awful.Is this a glitch or am i missing something so obvious?
It seems to be a glitch mostly with factory wheels. You can sometimes get around it with using the "two tone" paint option, and just setting both colors to the same color. I've got black factory wheels on several of my race cars using that method.

Coloring wheels right now is very strange/broken, and black paint also seems to still be brighter than it should be, unfortunately doesn't seem like there's a fix for it right now.
You can paint your cars proper black by using the "two tone" option in the special paints area, and setting both colors to 0/0/0.

Man I hope if we get a Shadow it's a Can Am car and not an F1 car. It would probably make the most sense to get the DN4, but I want this ridiculous looking deathtrap:
6cf2a5e3163da175cc5f6ab7771e2c08.jpg

Also the SARD MC8-R would be awesome.

It seems to be a glitch mostly with factory wheels. You can sometimes get around it with using the "two tone" paint option, and just setting both colors to the same color. I've got black factory wheels on several of my race cars using that method.

You can paint your cars proper black by using the "two tone" option in the special paints area, and setting both colors to 0/0/0.

Man I hope if we get a Shadow it's a Can Am car and not an F1 car. It would probably make the most sense to get the DN4, but I want this ridiculous looking deathtrap:
View attachment 1296647

Also the SARD MC8-R would be awesome.
I would love that can am added tonthe game. 1200hp twin turbo v8 and looks mean, it would just need its main rival added back which is the porsche 917/30. I hope T10 expands can am with a few more goodies like they are with TCR and trans am.

I've wasted soo much time driving all sorts of weird and wonderful machines in this game - one of which being the Lotus Evija. I took it around Laguna Seca on Wedenesday night and it was off the scale fast. You know how most cars acceleration slows as it approaches it's top speed? Well in the Evija, that's not the case at all. It's totally unhinged and feels completely overpowered for the level of grip it produces. I haven't felt anything like it before. I also drove the R391 last night which actually sounded really good and wasn't a total pain in the arse to handle. This makes the wayward handling of the Porsche 919 all the more confusing.

I had the no upgrade incident happen again tonight. Upgraded my car for race 4, went to practice and immediately I could tell the upgrades did not install. My lap times were 4 seconds slower than the cars around me and I had cars pressuring me from behind on the lap. But instead of suffering through it and trying to finish the race, I stopped practice, exited all of the way out of the event, went back into it, restarted practice, and I could tell the upgrades did install this time without me doing anything.

Now if it's a big upgrade and I can tell a difference in performance, that should be easy to fix now that I know what to do. However if it's just changing tires, that could be harder to figure out if they actually are on the car or not.

I had the no upgrade incident happen again tonight. Upgraded my car for race 4, went to practice and immediately I could tell the upgrades did not install. My lap times were 4 seconds slower than the cars around me and I had cars pressuring me from behind on the lap.
oh, I didn't know something like this could happen; thought there were some interaction between installed mods making the car harder to drive (losing grip unreasonably fast compared to previous upgrades). Might have to try what you've explained.

Its really sad to hear that new career mode events will just be fomo, means it will never be complete this is worse than the dripfeed pd doing with single plsyer

Just watched this video by Roflwaffle (i wanted @ his nick here but i dont know what one exactly, anyways Hi Rofl)
He talks and makes comparasions with GTs issues with reusing of models vs what Forza does nowadays, lifting some intresting points like the question of quality vs quantity, the fact that GT may be reusing models even nowadays, and how GT and Forza´s devs lack of transparency has not done a good job for both

Gt7 dosen’t use outdated car models the oldest ones are from sport, if they was using older models they would have easily 700-800 cars, but they dont want to take the shortcut forza is taking, while forza has 3d models that look like they was ported from fm2 in some cases, some of forza models can be even worse looking than gt6 standard cars, forza has not even been honest about their outdated models either gt5 and gt6 made it clear before they was out, using older car models is not a problem but using inaccurate cars still in 2023 is not ok,

Last edited:
I've wasted soo much time driving all sorts of weird and wonderful machines in this game - one of which being the Lotus Evija. I took it around Laguna Seca on Wedenesday night and it was off the scale fast.
It's just about my favourite car in its class in Horizon 5, so I'm not surprised.

Can you elaborate on this a little,im not the best with painting.

You can't exactly, but you get to see AI tyre choice at start of race on grid if you don't skip. Can also watch replays with telemetry on to see AI cars HP/Torque/revs etc and then join the dots yourself. It's a pain in the ass but gives you a good idea what they are running.
I've also seen AI cars running with different wheels and aero as well, but I think those might be tied to custom liveries. Though interestingly if you have drivatar designs turned off, the wheels and aero will still show up, and those things do have an effect on PI so it may be influencing how the AI is upgrading other things as well.

Note for people importing FXX-K paints, it's bugged on all sides.

If you scale each side down to 0.93 you should be able to move things around and relaign them again, but it's a bit of a pain considering the clunkiness of the livery editor UX in general.

Anyway, here's one for you:

1697795359772.png

Note for people importing FXX-K paints, it's bugged on all sides.

If you scale each side down to 0.93 you should be able to move things around and relaign them again, but it's a bit of a pain considering the clunkiness of the livery editor UX in general.

Anyway, here's one for you:

View attachment 1296705
It's beautiful, PJ👏

How can I search for it?

Back