Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
I understand the idea of radar and why people like it but I always found it odd in a simulation racing game. You don't have a radar in real life, you have to maintain awareness of your surroundings.
Me too but it's a necessity if you want clean racing, not everyone has vr or a track ir to begin with, or even three monitors so any help is welcome.

Also not every form of motor racing has a spotting crew and still you see them included in the most hardcore simulators.

• Radar would be great for close racing.
  • A ghosting system for collisions (especially for high speed differences) would be even better. This should also ghost back markers.
  • A monthly reset for driver & safety rating should be the norm. That way clean drivers will keep filtering to the top classes.
  • A Endurance based featured race that is time based and lasts an hour would be nice. "Long" categories of races would be great too. These lobbies could do without the accelerated tire/fuel wear.
  • A Mazda MX5 cup and a Formula Mazda Cup should be a permanent addition to Featured Multiplayer. They can rotate every week between the two of them. A Mission R spec can be added too (once someone figures out how to drive those things)
  • A lot of racing divisions barely get a chance under the spotlight, so maybe cycling them every hour as a separate featured race could work. Essentially a Random race for the underrepresented divisions.
  • Ofc re-sorting of the cars from these racing divisions is a must.
    Now that there are 2 Lambos in the Forza GT class (as Super Trofeos), the SCV12 can go to the Modern factory race cars.
    X-Bow GT4 and the TTRS can go to a Forza GT AM.
    The V8 supercars should be in their own division.
    The TA cars should be in their own division, but the lack of Non DLC TA cars can make that difficult. There will be a total of 5 TA cars by the end of the car pass. X-Bow GT2 and the 488 challenge can be in a GT2 division along with the Brabham BT62. The upcoming 488 GTE can be added to Forza GT. Or all of these cars can be put together as a Forza GT Pro division, as a last resort.

• Radar would be great for close racing.
  • A ghosting system for collisions (especially for high speed differences) would be even better. This should also ghost back markers.
  • A monthly reset for driver & safety rating should be the norm. That way clean drivers will keep filtering to the top classes.
  • A Endurance based featured race that is time based and lasts an hour would be nice. "Long" categories of races would be great too. These lobbies could do without the accelerated tire/fuel wear.
  • A Mazda MX5 cup and a Formula Mazda Cup should be a permanent addition to Featured Multiplayer. They can rotate every week between the two of them. A Mission R spec can be added too (once someone figures out how to drive those things)
  • A lot of racing divisions barely get a chance under the spotlight, so maybe cycling them every hour as a separate featured race could work. Essentially a Random race for the underrepresented divisions.
  • Ofc re-sorting of the cars from these racing divisions is a must.
    Now that there are 2 Lambos in the Forza GT class (as Super Trofeos), the SCV12 can go to the Modern factory race cars.
    The TA cars should be in their own division, but the lack of Non DLC TA cars can make that difficult. There will be a total of 5 TA cars by the end of the car pass. X-Bow GT2 and the 488 challenge can be in a GT2 division along with the Brabham BT62. The upcoming 488 GTE can be added to Forza GT. Or all of these cars can be put together as a Forza GT Pro division, as a last resort.
Not to nit-pick, but if we are going to split things up then pre-2019 spec GT3 is quite different from post-2019 spec. And likewise GTE has more power and less downforce than GT3. Also the Lambo Super Trofeo and Ferrari Challenge likewise have more power and less aero than GT3.

So yeah, no matter how they do things nothing will be perfect when we have multiple years of seemingly similar cars in a single class, let alone the current mishmash.

But yeah, that SCV12 should go to modern factory race cars (i.e. SRO GT1) along with the Huayra R (and ideally the 935 from FH5) since those are basically in that class in real life.

Lol sorry for causing a multi-page radar discussion.

Rather a 5 page discussion on radars instead of someone announcing their departure from the game with a strongly worded essay about how much a failure it is.

[*]A ghosting system for collisions (especially for high speed differences) would be even better. This should also ghost back markers.

Am hoping will see some tweaks here sooner rather than later, the functionality is already there, just needs some extra scenario's and inputs to kick off a ghosting of a car.

[*]A monthly reset for driver & safety rating should be the norm. That way clean drivers will keep filtering to the top classes.

I don't necessarily think a reset is needed, they just need to address the penalty system as a whole and it should sort things out pretty quickly. What I do think is needed is to reduce the effect of off-track penalties on your rank, but it would only really be useful once the false-positives and lack of penalties for ramming have been fixed.

[*]A Endurance based featured race that is time based and lasts an hour would be nice. "Long" categories of races would be great too. These lobbies could do without the accelerated tire/fuel wear.

Would love this, even half an hour would be enough in my mind. I've only stepped foot in a single Spotlight series (the Miata one), most of the cars present here are uninteresting to me, so would be happy to sacrifice this lobby for enduro's 😁

[*]A Mazda MX5 cup and a Formula Mazda Cup should be a permanent addition to Featured Multiplayer. They can rotate every week between the two of them. A Mission R spec can be added too (once someone figures out how to drive those things)

I think there's probably a few cars they could put in a rotation including these types, the BMW E30 M3 was another fun one, BRZ etc, wouldn't necessarily need a permanent lobby just for a single car, but maybe a themed lobby of affordable track car's.

[*]A lot of racing divisions barely get a chance under the spotlight, so maybe cycling them every hour as a separate featured race could work. Essentially a Random race for the underrepresented divisions.
[*]Ofc re-sorting of the cars from these racing divisions is a must.

I agree in theory to this, I think it's a very difficult one to balance. There needs to be a GT class, simply because it's going to be the one many gravitate towards, it can't really rotate different car classes within it, there are just so many players who don't care about the other divisions that they will switch off if they can't race in a GT3 for a particular week.

So that leaves a few of the cars which don't really fit the GT spec as outcasts a wee bit, Trans-am's, V8 Supercars, GT4's etc, I don't think any of them could support a permanent lobby and keep player numbers up, maybe rotating through these specific divisions could work, but then I kinda like the fact that at any given time I can jump into Forza and scratch the itch of driving one of these cars and not have to wait for whatever week they become available.

My solution would be simply to introduce new divisions which ring-fence the TA's, V8's, and GT4's separately with their own specific BoP, but then keep them in the GT division with BoP to keep them competitive there also, rotate a single lobby between the "not technically GT3" divisions, but still allow folk to drive them if they want in the GT division, it's not like they get much use, I tend to see V8's or TA's once in every 10th race or so.

I think a lot of complaints about multiplayer would be resolved if it sorted players by safety rating and then skill, rather than the other way around like it is currently. Plenty of really fast drivers who'd take there own mother out to win, and there's lots of slower guys who are good clean drivers. With qualifying and ghosted backmarkers they're (and by that I mean "we're") in the back out of the way anyway.

FORZA MOTORSPORT: Ranking CIrcuits Votes ( Forza Motorsport Fórum )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112-121506.png
    Screenshot_20240112-121506.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20240112-121519.png
    Screenshot_20240112-121519.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240112-121545.png
    Screenshot_20240112-121545.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
Wow
Something finally overtook “B-b-but muh generic Japanese mountain road”
I never thought I’d see the day
Seriously though, Fujimi Kaido is one of the most overrated tracks in the series, but I’d happily pay for Interlagos
Or Mexico City
It's the only twisty mountain hill-climb course to ever be featured in the series, of course people want to see it return. Feels good to get off the repetition of a track and do a nice point-to-point race once and a while, nothing wrong with that.

I'd love so see Fujimi Kaido back in FM as much as I'd love to see Pikes Peak in GT.

Nice, Daytona, wasnt expecting a track this month to be honest, but can't complain about Daytona

Wasn’t expecting another track so soon either, but all the spotlight and reward cars are returning from FM7. Decent selection of Italian cars though. The car pass content is as expected from the leak, all race cars and track-focussed hypercars. Would love to see some slower and classic new cars added!

Nice, Daytona, wasnt expecting a track this month to be honest, but can't complain about Daytona

YESSSSS! man you guys dont understand how happy this makes me living in florida, enjoying IMSA racing for many years and going to my 7th rolex 24 in a row in two weeks. Not to mention this track was at the top of my requested list since the game launched. To put it short im glad its back

Last edited:
At this point, I almost think it is safe to assume we will get monthly tracks until we get most of the returning tracks back into the game.
I want to assume the same but I will wait until February even though 3 in a row is a decent indicator. I would assume Bathurst next month for update 5 and Sebring could be March track update 6 and Nurb could be April or May. And perhaps they will follow the IMSA/motorsports schedule and bring back tracks on the months they have big races which would make sense to me to start this year off fresh. But we will see

This should also ghost back markers.
They already do it
The TA cars should be in their own division
While I do agree beacuse it would be the closest to NASCAR that game can have nowadays, Trans-AM is pratically a GT racing nowadays, it even have a GT Class running alongside the TAs

Something finally overtook “B-b-but muh generic Japanese mountain road”

Brazilian users DO IT AGAIN
Shame that Uno in FM isnt popular in vote as it is on FH5 beacuse bad fame about FM has unmotivated for Brazilian players get the game

Seriously though, Fujimi Kaido is one of the most overrated tracks in the series

I do agree, FM4 had far better tracks that people forgot like Sedona or Ladera Test Track
People only like it beacuse they want drift and realize their 90s JDM fantasy that even Japanese dudes dont care that much about anymore

Last edited:
I Told you all so lol
I wouldnt be suprised if Sebring shows up next month or in March to go with Sebring 12 hours

they making up for the Christmas break?
likely
FH5 is known for having a slow January due the holidays, its usally when devs take their annual vecations

Last edited:
Daytona 24h is in January
Bathurst 12h is in February
Sebring 12h is in March
Long Beach IMSA/Indycar is in April
Nürburgring 24h is in May/June

Maybe a coincidence.
Its unlikely they will add Long Beach unless there has a popular demand (There isnt) since that they said that focus right now wasnt on street courses
I would say Sonoma, but Sonoma just had repave and likely they will try the track first before put it in the game

Daytona 24h is in January
Bathurst 12h is in February
Sebring 12h is in March
Long Beach IMSA/Indycar is in April
Nürburgring 24h is in May/June

Maybe a coincidence.

I'll buy you a beer if you're correct, if been waiting for Bathurst since release, once it's in I don't really care what else they add.

Busy tonight but managed a single race in D class, drove a Torana, amid the 1st lap chaos it seemed to be a good choice, other cars were just bouncing off me, and race brakes caused a few cars to think they could out brake me and end up going too deep into the grass, can't complain

Back