Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
@RPM Bibblefish I think you're right.

Even in Free Play, where you can choose rubbering in disabled, the grip level (imo) feels different to Rivals..

If anyone knows the actual Rivals 'time of day/cloud cover/track rubbering' settings, please be so kind hehehe

Last edited:
Just remember the mess that FM7 was at launch and how good it evolved with the years, let's hope the same for FM, at least T10 had acknowledged the issues the people have with the game.
It's the people who say somehow this is the iteration that'll end the franchise that I find difficult to take seriously. Perhaps if T10 are indeed clueless enough not to implement at least some of the changes on @nukleabomb's list they might have a point but I can't see them putting this to bed without at least an attempt to turn things around.

It seems that the biggest league in Forza Motorsport and one of biggest in Horizon said that will not focus in FM for the time being

They said that it is, besides the usual problems, due a invisible car problem

The invisible car issue flat-out makes private lobbies unplayable for many, especially those aiming for organised league racing.

The tldr is that Player A's car model might not appear on Player B's screen, and if Player A and Player B occupy the same space, Player A gets yeeted to Narnia while Player B doesn't have any idea there was another car on the track.

Is FM part of the show that is coming up?
Highly unlikely but Forza Monthly isn't far away.

Last edited:
It annoys me how the gaming community just want instant gratification or the ability to buy it. (This is not a criticism directed at you Nacho, just a general statement.)

People just seem to hate the idea of actually working for things in games nowadays.
I'm not against this at all.

But, as one member once pointed out, even though they slashed the car prices & made it a bit easier to purchase cars with the idea that modifying the car will show your investment with it, credit accumulation could maybe use a bump. Esp. when noted that some of the newer series being added require some of the more pricey cars to take part in, in addition to the lack of official events in the game (compared to past titles) to help build credits.

That's really my main "gripe" at the moment & hence my patience for the 'Ring to come around to help address it, personally. I'm still going to give T10 time to keep ironing out issues.

Last edited:
The tldr is that Player A's car model might not appear on Player B's screen, and if Player A and Player B occupy the same space, Player A gets yeeted to Narnia while Player B doesn't have any idea there was another car on the track.
OOF, i hope they are able to fix it soon

About credits; I`ve got 40 mills and have no idea how to spend them. For every new car I buy I need to race it to level up, and while doing that I`m earning more money than the car costed me. I need to buy shares on the stockmarked, Liberty City Bank or Pisswasser:confused:

Last edited:
The invisible car issue flat-out makes private lobbies unplayable for many, especially those aiming for organised league racing.

To expand on this, the December patch actually made the desync issue worse. Before the December patch, the desync issue was primarily for drivers doing their first race in a lobby. In Featured Multiplayer that meant it was a risk to happen for every race, but in private lobbies you could get around it by doing a quick 1 lap "sync up" race, which is what our league did. Then, if everyone could see everyone at the start of the race, it would generally be fine until the end of the race.

After the December update, there are lots of reports of it starting to happen mid-race. One horror story from another league involved a race with 20 cars, they checked that everyone could see each other at the start, and by lap 2 there were already cars starting to disappear and wreck each other, and at the end of an hour long race they parked on the final straight before the finish to count, only 1 person in the lobby could see all the other cars, with most people only able to see 6-8 cars out of the 20.

This was an issue that existed in FM7 as well earlier on in the game's life, primarily caused during pit stops but very rarely would happen on race starts while loading into the grid.

Our league has been lucky with it so far, 3 races since the December patch and no cars disappeared that we are aware of, so we are continuing with our schedule for the time being. As a series organizer though, it is pretty stressful wondering if the league is going to have a disaster night, and how to handle it if it does happen and what that will mean for the series.

Having been around since FM1, this has been the weakest/shortest "new Forza player boom" I've seen yet, with many people abandoning the game early quoting either disappointment or that they will wait until the game is fixed. It has meant a lot of leagues aren't pulling in numbers they did even in later days in FM7. While we have been getting around 18 to 20 with zero promotion/recruitment, having to abandon/postpone a series because of an issue like this is worrying as the wait may cause us to lose even more.

Last edited:
Yeah, pick-up is already starting to fade in my Club too.

We have our regulars who show up every week like @Vic Reign93 and the racing is genuinely excellent, but our average attendance hovers around 12 or so whereas a few weeks back it was peaking at 15+

Due to various issues we’re not bothering with Private Multiplayer at all and instead race solely as a group in Featured Multiplayer. The advantage of that is that outside of initial matchmaking all the organisation is handled by the game, but the limitation is that we only race what Turn 10 wants us to race that week.

If things get especially bad (which I don’t think they will), we have a perfectly good fallback that we used for years: Forza Horizon 5.

Last edited:
About credits; I`ve got 40 mills and have no idea how to spend them. For every new car I buy I need to race it to level up, and while doing that I`m earning more money than the car costed me. I need to buy shares on the stockmarked, Liberty City Bank or Pisswasser:confused:
Well the point of the new system was not needing to have to save up massive amounts of money. It was to buy and collect as many cars as you like.

If things get especially bad, we have a perfectly good fallback that we used for years: Forza Horizon 5.
I wonder if this was the plan all along, unmotivate the dieharders to be in Motorsport and move back to Horizon so they can finally kill Motorsport beacuse "nobody wants play it anymore", even if it was caused by their own mistakes....

I wonder if this was the plan all along, unmotivate the dieharders to be in Motorsport and move back to Horizon so they can finally kill Motorsport beacuse "nobody wants play it anymore", even if it was caused by their own mistakes....
I doubt it. Nobody working on a game wants it to fail after putting millions into development and publishing.

If Microsoft wanted to kill Forza Motorsport as a brand that's easy to do, just don't budget or greenlight a sequel.

My small community is focused on casual (yet clean) racing. Forza Horizon 5 has its limitations but for the most part is perfectly suited to this. Forza Motorsport serves it just as well though we're putting up with the game's issues to do so.

Last edited:
Free Play is also my go-to. Honestly just waiting for them to add the Nurburgring and possibly Daytona/Cota back, in which I can see myself investing a lot more time than I do now. The 'Ring should be good for building credits & leveling, hopefully.
I'm not that excited for the Nordschleife to be honest. In FM7 I spent a ton of time running various production cars, not tuned just homologated, around there seeing what times I could get. I felt fairly confident at what each car could do. Now with how much the cars are sliding around I'm afraid it's going to be more frustration than joy. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

It seems that the biggest league in Forza Motorsport and one of biggest in Horizon said that will not focus in FM for the time being

They said that it is, besides the usual problems, due a invisible car problem

Racing Heaven had posted more info on their discord

Hello again!
We posted a statement yesterday, in which we explained vaguely the reasons why we are putting preparations for the main season on hold. You guys showed us amazing support and we really are grateful for that. This follow up is meant to explain the reasoning further, as well as answer some questions about the whole matter.

What are the issues we're facing as organisers?
There are a couple things that make league racing difficult and semi-random, but it's mostly:
the invisible lobby problem - it happens randomly, sometimes when exiting pits, sometimes in other circumstances. This is easily the most gamebreaking issue
  • skybox/rubbering inconsistencies - some of our qualifying sessions seemed odd, as certain people were able to get times they otherwise shouldn't. We couldn't and still can't reliably pinpoint the exact source of the issue, but at the time it seemed like people who practiced together in a lobby before qualifying, carried over some (client-sided?) rubbering and/or track conditions
  • recently discovered undisclosed PI/stat changes - this has been confirmed as a bug by reliable sources, but this point also includes physics and online BoP changes that are not mentioned anywhere in patch notes. We can never be sure our BoP will be fair and consistent throughout an entire season
  • the Carxp/carPG system - this one is a no-brainer, we can't with clear conscience ask our testers (and drivers) to spend tens of hours on our BoP, unless it includes strictly race cars from popular featured series, which everyone has levelled
  • unsafe pit exit autopilots and incorrect pit exit locations - laguna seca pit exit being on the main straight, cars being put in the middle of the road by AI, this completely removes some tracks from championships
  • pit exits not flagging laps - luckily only an actual issue on Mid-Ohio
  • fuel calculation issues - includes incorrect fuel amounts being put into cars even when set differently
  • flagged laps being counted as best - issue persists even when choosing best lap ordering for grids
  • the lack of replays and spectate mode - no comment needed here
  • features from previous games lacking/not working in private multi - includes forcing tire strategy, pit windows, tire degradation, power handicaps being unusable etc.
  • game stability - well.

Why now?
Some of the issues mentioned above were discovered fairly recently, so we were already hesitant to start testing. The actual boiling point was reached when TORA released their statement. We figured enough was enough.

What happens next?
In short: we wait.
We will not wait forever, a deadline for an answer has been discussed internally, and if such answer doesn't come, we will consider our options. There were always talks about coming back to FH5, and that is still not out of the question.
But we would love to continue in FM, as that should be the place best suited for our events. The fact that it is not in a suitable state right now leaves us in a very precarious position.

What can you do?
Go to suggestions hub, share your feedback, be active, but respectful. If you wish to help leagues specifically, repost our statements (can be found in our previous announcement) and share your thoughts. There is still a chance to make it right if Turn10 take things seriously.

Thank you for being part of our community, we hope to be back soon!

Also the owner of the league had post personal opinions as well

Community perspective things looks even worst overall and it worries me a lot...

Got me thinking, we're seeing these statements coming out now, obviously from leagues that have internal conversations with Turn10. Especially things like the disappearing cars issue, you would expect Turn10 to have communicated to Tora whether there was a timeline for this bug to be addressed. I do wonder whether that means at least this particular issue isn't being addressed in January's update, and we potentially don't have a timeline on when it would be addressed.

The community update released a couple day's ago certainly indicates they are working on certain things, however I would have hoped that by now we would have more visibility into when January's update comes about and what fixes it may contain. If prior months are anything to go on (and given we have had a holiday break), I'm expecting a post to go out Friday evening indicating Forza Monthly on Monday, however given some of the discourse that is happening at the moment, it wouldn't hurt for them to speed up this process and provide more clarity on what is upcoming, especially as we are nearly halfway through Jan already.

Seeing someone like Rory who was having a decent time of it towards the end of last year sour on the game has been hard to watch

Turn10 really need to also address some of these issues, as while those 3 they mentioned are important, there's a few other bits of the puzzle that are making multiplayer difficult (matchmaking, radar etc) at this stage.

I'm still enjoying my time with the game, and finding myself choosing to play Forza over other racing titles in my library (including GT7), but I'd like to see this game thrive and it's hard to see folks like Rory try to grow the game but hitting the same issues we all are trying to work through

Seeing someone like Rory who was having a decent time of it towards the end of last year sour on the game has been hard to watch
Everything so far is hard, worst then FH5 and GT7 launches COMBINED
it makes me sad that this is what Forza ended as, i am genuially depressed at all it...

For me these are the things I feel are most important to address.

Context, I exclusively play Multiplayer, and I regularly host online races.
I have zero interest in single player content outside of using some modes as a tool to prepare for Multiplayer races.
Also I play on Xbox which in theory has fewer performance issues than PC.

1. Reduce or eliminate the grindy nature of the progression system (which they’ve highlighted this week)
  2. Improve the matchmaking quality (which they’ve asked for feedback on on their forums)
  3. Improve the quality and consistency of the penalty system (which they’ve highlighted this week)
  4. Resolve the bugs surrounding Private Multiplayer
  5. Resolve the bugs surrounding the Livery Editor
  6. Add a proximity radar
  7. Add Featured Multiplayer’s various features (Practice, Qualifying, accelerated tyre wear, spec builds) as options in Private Multiplayer
  8. Add several more elements to UDP such as total laps, opponent data and anything else already on the in-game HUD/Telemetry

Last edited:
The only problem is you have to spend time playing the game to discover this rather than whining on the internet.
I discovered this, am I free to go back to whining?..

The Gameplay Loop™ sucks because it isn't fun. I don't want to race an uncompetitive stock car online for hours to unlock everything for it. The game has 500 cars, I don't want to be fannying around with 1. I have the money, let me upgrade and race, pretty please :cheers:

Context, I exclusively play Multiplayer, and I regularly host online races.
I have zero interest in single player content outside of using some modes as a tool to prepare for Multiplayer races.
Also I play on Xbox which in theory has fewer performance issues than PC.

1. Reduce or eliminate the grindy nature of the progression system (which they’ve highlighted this week)
  2. Improve the matchmaking quality (which they’ve asked for feedback on on their forums)
  3. Improve the quality and consistency of the penalty system (which they’ve highlighted this week)
  4. Resolve the bugs surrounding Private Multiplayer
  5. Resolve the bugs surrounding the Livery Editor
  6. Add a proximity radar
  7. Add Featured Multiplayer’s various features (Practice, Qualifying, accelerated tyre wear, spec builds) as options in Private Multiplayer
  8. Add several more elements to UDP such as total laps, opponent data and anything else already on the in-game HUD/Telemetry
And AI in private lobbies, since they've given us so much potential for fun racing with all of these options but me and my one friend who plays it can't be bothered dealing with online if we can help it :lol:

Do you think that they will manege do at least a few of those things in the next few months?
I dont know about febuary, but maybe march or april?

I don't want to race an uncompetitive stock car online for hours to unlock everything for it. The game has 500 cars, I don't want to be fannying around with 1. I have the money, let me upgrade and race, pretty please
I hope when they do that, they do in a way that hurt people that do like the system, or at least replace it with some type of progression that give the same sense of rewarding as the actual system does for those that like it so

Do you think that they will manege do at least a few of those things in the next few months?
I dont know about febuary, but maybe march or april?
They have the capability to handle all of them this year, but whether they have the time or focus to do so is another matter entirely.

There’s a few quick wins in there (UDP, Radar) that may not take long to do, but the core issues around progression and penalties will likely take 3-6 months.

Outside of bug fixes, anything planned for January, February and potentially March has likely already been assigned to developers already.

I think the thing that concerns me the most about that long message is the lack of communication with even racing teams that are closer to T10 than the average player. I had hope that they were at least taking feedback from them, if nobody else.

This kind of brings another question to the table for me. Are they still looking at the suggestions hub, or were they ever doing that to begin with?

Last edited:
Back