Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
The wording is more "we hope to get this stuff improved by mid 2024" than "we have some plans in the works to fix A, B or C soon".

No big deal for those of us in for the long haul, but I can see those who are struggling to enjoy the game taking this as evidence that T10 really doesn't yet have answers for these topics, only the will to improve them.

If car XP were as easy to obtain as skill points in Horizon, as I understand was originally the plan, then perhaps progression wouldn't be so grindy.

Last edited:
That’s a good update. Acknowledging the most outstanding criticisms while recognizing that those issues are not a quick fix. Sure, there’s some PR speak, but I kind of expected that.

As a layperson I can’t imagine the programming done to address those mechanics laid out in that update.

Last edited:
Hey folks this is progress at least they are recognizing a few core issues and plan to address them whether its next week or 6 months from now they understand and are formulating a plan. And I still think we will get an update 4 at some point this month but it may not be as full of fixes as the last two. I do hope we get another track and some free race cars in the next update though.

Last edited:
It's a proper acknowledgement at least It's not just a vocal minority like it was in FM7 (referring purely to the homologation system) so they definitely did the right thing addressing these aspects.

As for their solution? I really think they shoulda take the best aspects from not just its own past successes, but also its rivals.

They could introduce back the world tour mode FM4 had for its career, this slick presentation in between races really added to the continent hopping excitement of a real racing series, even the little things such as the way the menus transitioned into loading screens with all the information about the track you were heading to. I really think they nailed that aspect and is subconsciously why a lot of people are so fond of FM4. What happens before the race is so important in amping you up for the race, which then makes said race feel more impactful and important. The game also had you start in city cars if you remember, and guess what. They were not boring to drive! Seriously start up FM4 and even those cars are fun because the presentation and just whole package is so cohesive, by the time you select your first car and hit the track, you're so excited to race the fact you're only doing 50mph doesn't even matter, you're just happy to be playing the game. This is pure magic and great game design.

They could also take aspects of the Cafe system in GT7, now while I don't like how it replaced the classic GT mode structure overall, it really is good at introducing the different car models and categories to new players, while also tickling enthusiasts who are happy to see their favourite models get the spotlight and treatment they deserve. Their current intro videos to different event series are pretty vague and don't seem as fleshed out as they could be.

They could also introduce broader events. Just look at an event list for Forza 2. You had N/A, Turbo, specific cylinder counts, RWD etc. This would allow you to carry over using a car for more than one series and actually fulfill the goal of building up a car from scratch and bonding with it. Because currently just as you start to bond with your car as you've improved it over 5 or so races...You're forced into another one to do it all over again. It's weird that their focus was bonding and building a relationship with a car and yet it doesn't do as good a job at that as Forza games of old, which didn't specifically strive for that, at least explicitly.

No big deal for those of us in for the long haul, but I can see those who are struggling to enjoy the game taking this as evidence that T10 really doesn't yet have answers for these topics, only the will to improve them.
tbh most of people that want short term solutions have NO IDEA how modern development works nowadays
a friend of mine unironically thinks that is just a press a button or talk to a AI to fix problems, they dont know they need to go under various testings and feedback before even publish the update for futher avaliation before the players get it

That said i think that we will see the first fruits of it in Feb update, then more stuffs in March and April

IMO the easiest way would be having the option of spending in-game money for parts or XP if you don't want to spend money. That being said, the most important change I want to see is improvements to the AI.
It annoys me how the gaming community just want instant gratification or the ability to buy it. (This is not a criticism directed at you Nacho, just a general statement.)

People just seem to hate the idea of actually working for things in games nowadays.

Last edited:
It annoys me how the gaming community just want instant gratification or the ability to buy it. (This is not a criticism directed at you Nacho, just a general statement.)
The same people that complain about too MTX in games ask for them in the first opportunity....
it is a problem everywhere, we should had been asking for less not for more

It's a proper acknowledgement at least It's not just a vocal minority like it was in FM7 (referring purely to the homologation system) so they definitely did the right thing addressing these aspects.

As for their solution? I really think they shoulda take the best aspects from not just its own past successes, but also its rivals.

They could introduce back the world tour mode FM4 had for its career, this slick presentation in between races really added to the continent hopping excitement of a real racing series, even the little things such as the way the menus transitioned into loading screens with all the information about the track you were heading to. I really think they nailed that aspect and is subconsciously why a lot of people are so fond of FM4. What happens before the race is so important in amping you up for the race, which then makes said race feel more impactful and important. The game also had you start in city cars if you remember, and guess what. They were not boring to drive! Seriously start up FM4 and even those cars are fun because the presentation and just whole package is so cohesive, by the time you select your first car and hit the track, you're so excited to race the fact you're only doing 50mph doesn't even matter, you're just happy to be playing the game. This is pure magic and great game design.

They could also take aspects of the Cafe system in GT7, now while I don't like how it replaced the classic GT mode structure overall, it really is good at introducing the different car models and categories to new players, while also tickling enthusiasts who are happy to see their favourite models get the spotlight and treatment they deserve. Their current intro videos to different event series are pretty vague and don't seem as fleshed out as they could be.

They could also introduce broader events. Just look at an event list for Forza 2. You had N/A, Turbo, specific cylinder counts, RWD etc. This would allow you to carry over using a car for more than one series and actually fulfill the goal of building up a car from scratch and bonding with it. Because currently just as you start to bond with your car as you've improved it over 5 or so races...You're forced into another one to do it all over again. It's weird that their focus was bonding and building a relationship with a car and yet it doesn't do as good a job at that as Forza games of old, which didn't specifically strive for that, at least explicitly.
You are absolutely right.

As much as FM7's career was just a jumbled bag of events, it had a lot more depth and variety than what is currently in FM. Having new tabs in career mode (as not part of builders cup) would be nice. A rivalry mode with championships like Mustang vs Camaro Vs Challenger, Ford GT vs V8 Ferraris, Hypercar Trinity of various eras, M vs AMG vs RS etc. would be great. A tab for just Racecar divisions would be nice. A tab for challenges like overtake 'x' cars, 1v1, autocross etc. would break the monotony. A tab for endurance racing. And ultimately a prestige/replay career championships feature, where you can replay championships with customizatioble race length and randomized tracks would add more to replayability. You can even stuff your FOMO cars as prizes for these events. It will give T10 their 'hours played' and remove the FOMO>

Making the championships temporary is the extremely dumb.

For the upgrade system, Having more ways to earn CarXP would be great too. I think there is a compromise somewhere that is satisfactory for the players without having to completely get rid of the system. A car taking 30-45 mins to be level 50, meaning unlocking most upgrades in 15 mins (1 or 2 races at most), would be a good balance. OFC that's my preference, others might feel differently. That way, a single championship would be enough to take a car to max level, which should have been the goal from the start. further, add bonuses for the drivel level+ manufacturer affinity. AND OBVIOUSLY PLEASE MAKE THE XP CARRY OVER TO A DUPLICATE CAR.

Forzavista getting features like turning on the car or headlights removed (which can be done in the photomode) is dumb too. The fact that you cant access the upgrade menu or forza vista/photomode in the pitlane is also baffling. The photomode and the livery editor are far behind the competition and even behind fh5. The 2020 trailer with Apollo IEs running fictional liveries with IMSA numbers and windshield banners had me hoping for a lot more to do with some sort of a racing personality for yourself. This was also when FH starting pushing immense amounts of driver gear and other customization.

Smaller touches like personal racing number and driver suit would a whole lot of 'flair' that the game is missing. The only part of the game that has this 'personality' is the intro video, intros for each championship and the thumbnails for these championship.

Another disappointment is the garage. it is horrendously lit and is not aesthetically pleasing. If only we had the one from the beta, which was apparently fully walkable (and an actual garage for that matter) or even an option to switch to the homespaces of the older games.

The AI issues seem obvious. Sort out the rammer situation and maybe ghost backmarkers. Also add the ghosting for cars high speed differences, like FH5 does.

The car sounds need to be livelier and less muddy. Some cars sound great while others are wrong or even sound depressed.

OFC as mentioned before, hoppers (unranked) need to come back. This along with drag and drift lobbies. This is the least they can do, if they cannot implement custom public lobbies.

Creative hub needs to be brought into FM.

Sort out the graphics, and bring it as close as possible to the 2022 trailer. Add a sharpness slider for TAA/DLAA/DLSS/FSR. Get rid of the sickly looking color grading.

I think i have ranted about these things for 15 mins every time i hop onto this game with my friends. I still enjoy it. But it can be so much more.

All of this has been said already by a lot of people, but i hope T10 is reading these. Especially the responses to their announcements atleast.

Here's to hoping 2024 goes well for them.

So it looks that IndyCar will go back to Licencing to anyone route for video game licencing

They had signed today to iRacing and in the press release they have not used the word "Exclusive" in any communication, in both iRacing and IndyCar website

So how much time you guys think that indycar content will be back to Forza?

Last edited:

People just seem to hate the idea of actually working for things in games nowadays.
And it equally annoys me when the community gets accused of desiring instant gratification when devs design their games in an asinine way that might seem good on paper but is just awful in practice. Saw this exact line of thinking towards people who rightfully criticized GT7's initial terrible economy. They were told that they just "wanted all the cars now", even when PD went out of their way to lower the payouts of the best money grinding races at the time.

The truth is, most people don't mind working to unlock stuff if the gameplay loop is actually enjoyable and satisfying. This isn’t the first racing game to lock access to higher car upgrades at the start, so this style of progression is fine if it’s actually executed in the right way. But it doesn’t appear to be the case in the game's current state with the amount of overwhelming backlash it’s been getting.

This along with drag and drift lobbies
i have the feel they wont bring drag and drift back
maybe drift, but not drag

They had been for a long time trying to set the lines straight about Horizon vs Motorsport beyond Open World vs Closed Track
Drag and Drift only in Horizon would help it as well, as much it makes Motorsport a lower product
And it equally annoys me when the community gets accused of desiring instant gratification when devs design their games in an asinine way that might seem good on paper but is just awful in practice.
Ironic you say it beacuse likely one of the reasons they must came with it was likely the fact that people were saying that they were getting cars too easly in Horizon and needed progression of some kind in order of make the game more challenging

When it was announced people went "No go back"

Last edited:
So it looks that IndyCar will go back to Licencing to anyone route for video game licencing

They had signed today to iRacing and in the press release they have not used the word "Exclusive" in any communication, in both iRacing and IndyCar website

So how much time you guys think that indycar content will be back to Forza?

Between all the fixes they have to do to this game, the addition and bringing back of more tracks and the car pass running for another 3 months I say the end of the year at the earliest. I enjoyed having a little variety of indycars in FM7 and would like a bit more of the 60s,70s, include some 90s/2000s and bring back the ones in the dlc from Fm7 that would be great. I like indycar more than F1 for the most part.

Last edited:
I still can’t figure out what’s so bad about the “Gameplay Loop” when you can race any car on any track. Having 3 races to pick from to earn decent money is a bad gameplay loop, what we have is actually well balanced when you earn credits for affordable cars and car points for upgrades at the same time. The only problem is you have to spend time playing the game to discover this rather than whining on the internet.

And it equally annoys me when the community gets accused of desiring instant gratification when devs design their games in an asinine way that might seem good on paper but is just awful in practice. Saw this exact line of thinking towards people who rightfully criticized GT7's initial terrible economy. They were told that they just "wanted all the cars now", even when PD went out of their way to lower the payouts of the best money grinding races at the time.

The truth is, most people don't mind working to unlock stuff if the gameplay loop is actually enjoyable and satisfying. This isn’t the first racing game to lock access to higher car upgrades at the start, so this style of progression is fine if it’s actually executed in the right way. But it doesn’t appear to be the case in the game's current state with the amount of overwhelming backlash it’s been getting.
This is a completely false equivalence.

You can earn the money for nearly any car in Forza Motorsport and have it at level 25 within 3-4 hours. (We are talking about the most expensive cars.) You can race online or career to get the money to buy the car. (You can also earn that money in levels by doing almost anything in the game instead of having to grind the same race over and over.)

GT7 blocked cars behind loot boxes with time limited car invitations and insane price tags that took many hours of grinding the same race over and over to get. Forza Motorsport made all the cars relatively affordable and all unlockable with a bit of effort.

For example; in GT7 to buy an Aston Martin Vulcan, I have to hope to get a lootbox with an invite to buy an Aston Martin Vulcan for 3,300,000 credits. In Forza Motorsport, I can buy it for 321,000 credits any time I want, then I can race it however I want and whatever event I want to get it to level 25 in an hour or two.

At this point, I think they should make a system where you earn points every level and then you can spend those point to level whatever car you want.

Last edited:
On the subject of the gameplay loop; I don't know about others; but that's the first Forza in which I still have not bought a car just for pleasure of owning it in my virtual garage. Instead I'm playing the game as it comes; Click on the championship, choose one of 8-9 cars available for it and drive and upgrade, and move on to never experience the others cars in that category. So Maybe I'm doing it wrong and whatnot but it seems to me as a quite boring way to complete the career.

I'd rather be limited in budget, have to chose from a wider selection of cars and not racing the same category of cars with it... something more akin to FM4 where you had stuff like "VW Golf all generation A Class" or basic stuff like " WRX Vs Evo B Class" "Porsche Vs Ferrari 70s to 80s " that was way more diverse and interesting; you had to carefully choose your car and properly upgrade it to fit the race you were doing ; which is a proper gameplay loop; without instant gratification; but with instant satisfaction.

and the game should have 100s of championships instead of having 25s + ( 5-10s) rotating every 6 weeks or whatever.

High Specs cars or High Value cars should be lock behind drivers levels; once you reach a level you earn the right to buy said car. Should be the same withs car upgrades.

just my 2 cents but I feel the game could but so much better with basically feeding the career with event and variety for now.

i have the feel they wont bring drag and drift back
maybe drift, but not drag

They had been for a long time trying to set the lines straight about Horizon vs Motorsport beyond Open World vs Closed Track
Drag and Drift only in Horizon would help it as well, as much it makes Motorsport a lower product

Ironic you say it beacuse likely one of the reasons they must came with it was likely the fact that people were saying that they were getting cars too easly in Horizon and needed progression of some kind in order of make the game more challenging

When it was announced people went "No go back"
I dunno, there's literally drag tyres available. I could see it being it's own mode again, like they did before.

All the championships are replayable and you can choose a different car, so you aren't just locked to one car and done with the championship, so the experience will change on another go through. My biggest gripe is the removal of championships and reward cars after a set time, which we were told wouldn't happen. Between that, FH5 seasons and other games I have hardly touched the Builder's Cup.

T10 made FM a huge time sync, when it didn't use to be. FM7 I was able to play through at my leisure and not worry about missing out on exclusives, for the most part, at least in the beginning until they introduced the Forzathon events. I don't mind spending an hour or two to complete a championship, the problem is, I'm doing it for only the newly introduced, time limited events and then moving on.

This was a step in the wrong direction.

Yas Marina also has a dragstrip on track (in front of the Ferrari World grandstand) and Nürburgring uses the start-finish for drag events. I guess you could add 1-2 more strips in some paddocks or start/finishs. Same for drift tracks, many tracks have them on kind of proving grounds inside their tracks. How nice would it be to add some autocross/slalom in paddocks + the big ones on the tracks from old Forza.

Last edited:
Yas Marina also has a dragstrip on track (in front of the Ferreri World grandstand) and Nürburgring uses the start-finish for drag events. I guess you could add 1-2 more strips in some paddocks or start/finishs. Same for drift tracks, many tracks have them on kind of proving grounds inside their tracks. How nice would it be to add some autocross/slalom in paddocks + the big ones on the tracks from old Forza.

Man I forgot how well FM6 looked and sounded and even though I wasnt that good at the Autocross events I still miss that for the variety. Between autocross and the passing car challenges I was always entertained in FM6, I hope they bring back both in this game eventually. Some point to point races would be cool too

"All the championships are replayable"

That's still the same race with the same settings and same adversaries without the satisfaction of actually completing the game, that doesn't do the trick fo me. It's the purpose of the game to provide an incentive to play it; if not there is not point of playing. So far this game is just a skeleton with some nice organs here and there but quite empty everywhere else.

but maybe i'm just weird.

Does anyone know why the 70s F1 cars are so dominant online in R class yet in rivals they don't really make an appearance?

Get a half decent driver in one of these online and they clear all non F1 cars by at least a second per lap, on most tracks.

Not entirely sure why they are so dominant online but not so much in rivals. Is it something to do with rubbering in????

Rubbering affecting them more positively than other cars?

Possibly, but also maybe the lines they take and handling/power balancing is just more conducive to racing as opposed to hotlapping?

Last edited:

None taken. To clarify, I'm not opposed to a progression system per se, but what we have now seems rather arbitrary in the number of levels it has (50? why not 30, or 100?), or the order in which the parts unlock. With my driving habits I will certainly will not master one car at 50, let alone many, and that progression does not transfer. The closest to lvl. 50 is the FXX and that is nonsensical because its upgrade path is limited to tires and ballast! Make that make sense.

Also, I don't mind working for things in games, provided the process is satisfactory in itself, and well, this isn't. And somehow, I'm at level 173 in FM already...

Rubbering affecting them more positively than other cars?

Possibly, but also maybe the lines they take and handling/power balancing is just more conducive to racing as opposed to hotlapping?
It's just a bit odd, grip is defintley different online than in rivals so i just assumed that was rubbering in.

I was racing online last night and 2 guys qualified with 1:17s at mid ohio, which is good enough for top 5 in rivals. Even on mediums in the race they were putting down 1:18 lap times which is crazy fast. Yet these cars are nowhere to be seen in rivals.

Wasn't just that track either. Any race with a half decent driver in one of these cars were nigh on impossible to keep up with

I dunno, there's literally drag tyres available. I could see it being it's own mode again, like they did before.
Yes, if drifting and drag aren't going to return why the drift update and the drag strip mode beta back in FM7? They implemented those for the future of the franchise and there is drift suspension and drag tyres in the game as you say.

Just remember the mess that FM7 was at launch and how good it evolved with the years, let's hope the same for FM, at least T10 had acknowledged the issues the people have with the game.

Back