Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
Free Play is better than Career in a number of ways and that’s literally all I do other than getting the reward cars. No annoying practice, any number of laps, any track, any layout, any Division. I just go to “My Cars” pick a car then pick “Race in Free Play” and I race until I get to 50 and I’m having great fun. I love the cars and I love the Divisions even if they make a few mistakes where they put certain cars. I’ve never once touched Rivals because I suck and I want to race AI at my level not be constantly reminded how bad I am. If you can’t figure out how to use a particular car it’s right there, Free Play.

Edit: I only played the first Forza and FH5, so not much to compare
Finally another person who spends a lot of time in freeplay like me and actually enjoys it. 🍻
Honestly, I haven't played this game in a while (I just lurk around here for updates), but when I was playing FM23/8. I honestly also found myself preferring Free Play over the main career mode. Though I also could say the same thing for FM7.

The career mode as it is now, I only really did the races to unlock a car or something.

---------

I also can admit to doing that with other racing games than FM like Project CARS 2 for instance. I spent so much more time in that sim's equivalent of Free Play mode than doing career mode events. I liked just setting up a race I wanted with the cars available, tracks, then having a run.

Last edited:
Free Play is also my go-to. Honestly just waiting for them to add the Nurburgring and possibly Daytona/Cota back, in which I can see myself investing a lot more time than I do now. The 'Ring should be good for building credits & leveling, hopefully.
When the Nordschleife arrives, I can't wait to lap most of the road-going hypercars and prototypes there. Should be a lot of fun trying to aim for the Mercedes-AMG One's lap record.

I am sure they will reformulate the career mode, but i dont know exactly when they will do
Hopefully sooner than later....
Best solution to that would be to return all tours that expired and bring them back to the main Builders Cup experience. Not to mention, every car that was a reward for completing a tour should be available in the car dealer and in Free Play.

Gosh this is exhausting. To provide an example, the woman that ran the meetups for the last car club I was a part of drove a WRX Sti, she was my mum's age, looks mean nothing
I've also seen some women driving Mazda MX-5s (my high school teacher-aide even owns a red NA-generation MX-5), Subaru BRZs / Toyota GT86s, and Nissan 370Zs. Women can like sporty cars and can be car enthusiasts.

Not to mention many women in Australia maintaining their legendary Aussie classic cars and organising car shows as well.

There are also women in Japan who love customising their own cars and heading to car meets there.

Especially a post they made recently on their socials about making your own endurance races in freeplay; could you not have thrown a few into the career yourself?
We got that message in-game too, at first I thought it was going to be the announcement for "long" races to be finally be added to Featured Multiplayer, but nope... Instead we basically got "Hey Forza Fanatics, want some endurance racing? Well get ****ed, make it yourself."

While the whole game needs some work, and personally I'm only really interested in the organized multiplayer and the occasional public lobby race when I'm bored, I really feel for the single player guys with how this stuff has been going, and hope things make a bit more sense for this next update. The AI makes the single player content pretty abysmal, but even ignoring that the game definitely feels disjointed and it hasn't been improving on that front with the updates so far. I've been around since the Xbox Magazine demo disc for FM1 so I'm pretty cynical at this point, but if you asked me before launch which area of the game I had the most confidence in being fairly complete, I would have said career mode.

We keep getting race cars in the Car Pass, but no career events use them in, and the Featured Multiplayer just becomes more of an unbalanced mess with each one they add. Add in the scummy held back content, changing away from the "all new cars to Forza" and some headscratchers for car choices and, while we certainly have gotten some cool cars, the Car Pass has kinda been a disappointment.

The Featured Career stuff keeps ending up as supercars and hypercars, which are expensive for those who don't play much, generally provide pretty bad racing, and in many cases have pretty limited upgrade paths. You then unlock another supercar/hypercar for completing them that you really don't have anything to do with. I'm not sure if they think they have to use supercars/hypercars for this stuff to keep the Game Pass casuals coming back?

The events using more normal cars where you get to "build, tune, dominate" or whatever their stupid catchphrase was, are very limited in number and still no growth in that department, and really not much in the way of new vehicles to play with for those either. Unless I'm forgetting something (which is certainly possible), we have only had 3 cars added since launch in either the Car Pass or as "Featured" cars that are below S-class; the MX5 Cup (which is fantastic though), Aston V12 Vantage, and the BMW M2. Without going back to count, even the S-class cars feel like the minority and it has been mostly R/P-class.

Featured Multiplayer isn't doing much better either really though, as it has really stagnated with the same race lengths and track rotations we have had since launch with just a few new tracks sprinkled in, and (other than the new tracks obviously) they are even in the exact same order since launch week. Also the only car inbalance issue they have addressed so far was the VW in FTC, so it's kinda feeling like they aren't going to bother doing anything to keep it fresh.

From the Top Gear interview

CE:
I think that's a great question. When we were first envisioning how this game was actually gonna play out and the experiences that we really wanted to get right from day one, it was this production car experience and this race car experience. We were really intentional about making sure that while Builders Cup was focused on production cars from day one, it doesn't mean it can't include race cars in the future.

But to really nail that core experience of taking a production car, modifying it over time, getting to know it, falling in love with it and watching it grow and feeling its progression, that was core to what we wanted to do with Builders Cup. We wanted to make sure that was as good as we can make it for launch.

Then on the other side, which was race cars, spec racing, GT, touring, that sort of thing was really focused in multiplayer. So that experience was just dialled in for what we assumed was very competitive, skill based players looking for a lot of great balanced competition, fair competition, and that's the arena we had created for multiplayer.

Now that was just to get those areas right from the start. And as you see, even on the first day, we started adding additional career content into Builders Cup that started to bridge that gap between focusing on production cars and then race cars over in multiplayer.
So that first week we started unveiling our live content that actually did have race cars and race car content in the live content. And you'll see as we go forward, that will be a continued investment there to understand how we can bring more of the race car content into our career mode, and it may not even be Builders Cup at that point, right?

So to Dan's point that this is a platform and we can continue to invest in, we see how people are playing the game. We see how people are responding to things and asking for certain types of content and experiences. We know that players are asking for some more race car content within the actual career mode and you can see we've already started investing in some of that and we'll continue to respond and create that content over time. We just wanted to make sure that those experiences, the production car content, the race car content was just absolutely nailed in terms of its core from day one.

Obviously a bit of sales spin, but at least they have acknowledged the desire from the player base for more race-car events in single player.

Free Play is better than Career in a number of ways and that’s literally all I do other than getting the reward cars. No annoying practice, any number of laps, any track, any layout, any Division. I just go to “My Cars” pick a car then pick “Race in Free Play” and I race until I get to 50 and I’m having great fun. I love the cars and I love the Divisions even if they make a few mistakes where they put certain cars. I’ve never once touched Rivals because I suck and I want to race AI at my level not be constantly reminded how bad I am. If you can’t figure out how to use a particular car it’s right there, Free Play.

Edit: I only played the first Forza and FH5, so not much to compare
So true. And we`re not only free to pick "any division"; we can put the division-selector on "any" and add other criterias like decade or whatewer. We just need more good tracks

I've been playing free play since I ended up the career mode back in FM7 and is pretty much the same in Motorsport which is good. The only downsides for me are the impossibility of adjusting the tyre wear/fuel consumption and the order in the grid for multiclass racing, for example the first class is restricted to the car you are going to drive so if you do for example GTX as first and Prototypes as a second class they end in the back of the grid and there's no way around it.

By the way, I've been testing the Toyota Eagle MkIII and it seems there is fire but no pipe 🥴 in other words, the exhaust is not modelled and it seems it was the same in FM7.

That got me to think, I started playing GT7 recently and car models have insane attention to detail compared to Forza, that is more hit and miss in terms of quality but, at least we can enjoy engine bays in the game for most cars, so that extra effort is appreciated even if overall are worse than GT (Although for me FM models are good enough).

Last edited:
Xbox just announced a Drveloper Direct for next week. Seems like there's no sign of Fable there (which I assume is atleast a year away). Does that mean FH6 is this year?

Also, 5th Feb would be the next update for FH5. Which would make FM ( whose update 5 is on 16th Jan) have a 3 week gap to FH5's update schedule. To get back into sync, FM would need either a 3 week update or a 7 week update.

Some of you guys get real petty when you see a viewpoint you dont agree with
I'd say it's like a broken record that's been playing for 3 months or the annoying parrot that says the same 5 things over and over is grating. Has zero to do with your opinion. Most of us have plenty of dislikes, we just don't try to hammer it in and create a bunch of miserable clones that think alike.

When I got tired of Poly & GT5 I didn't bemoan about it, i left. Stopped playing GT and visiting that section of GTP, I didn't go piss on everyone that was having fun with it. It may hard to believe but some of us can make best with whats there and enjoy it.

BTW, Male, car guy for 40+ years. Not happy the 2002 Camaro doesn't sound or handle like an F-body, but have persevered through these dark times to find enjoyment in FM.

Well I fully completed the Valkyrie series, but I have to say that I hated driving it, even when I put larger tyres on it. The crazy fast hypercars we've been having recently really aren't Forza's strength. After racing it I had to go and drive some A or S class cars in Free Play mode just to recover and remember what I like about FM23's driving experience.

Please please T10 give us slower road cars or touring/GT cars for the next Featured Series. I need a break from crazy road-going hypercars!

What I did find interesting is that the AI remained at P-998 the whole time, while the player can use it as X-999. So I guess upgrading it and slapping on slicks would give you a big benefit...

Well I fully completed the Valkyrie series, but I have to say that I hated driving it, even when I put larger tyres on it. The crazy fast hypercars we've been having recently really aren't Forza's strength. After racing it I had to go and drive some A or S class cars in Free Play mode just to recover and remember what I like about FM23's driving experience.

Please please T10 give us slower road cars or touring/GT cars for the next Featured Series. I need a break from crazy road-going hypercars!

What I did find interesting is that the AI remained at P-998 the whole time, while the player can use it as X-999. So I guess upgrading it and slapping on slicks would give you a big benefit...
I think it handles nicely with traction control on. It just has an absurd amount of power with little weight, it was always going to be an absolute handful without any electronical assistance.

BTW going forward I'm going to try and be more positive, it seems criticism of the game isn't as welcome here as I had hoped, or at least i'm not constructive enough. I'll keep the beefs I have with the game to myself.

Last edited:
BTW going forward I'm going to try and be more positive, it seems criticism of the game isn't as welcome here as I had hoped, or at least i'm not constructive enough. I'll keep the beefs I have with the game to myself.
I would work on being constructive. Belittling and berating people you have never met based on ignorant assumptions regarding appearance or reproductive organs neither inspires or constitutes as anything constructive.

You grabbed a shovel for the grave and kept digging after that :lol:

Best to move on and work on either positivity or what constructive feedback actually is. :lol:

I would work on being constructive. Belittling and berating people you have never met based on ignorant assumptions regarding appearance or reproductive organs neither inspires or constitutes as anything constructive.

You grabbed a shovel for the grave and kept digging after that :lol:

Best to move on and work on either positivity or what constructive feedback actually is. :lol:
People hated me way before that incident don't worry lol.

It didn't turn as well as I was expecting it to. I think the AI in my races always stayed at X-999.

I can't remember if I've ran a challenge race at Hakone on a dry track. It seems like every time it's at least damp or raining.

I was more disappointed in the reward Pagani Huayra. The roll cage interfered with the view to the left so I was never sure where the corner was.

It didn't turn as well as I was expecting it to. I think the AI in my races always stayed at X-999.

I can't remember if I've ran a challenge race at Hakone on a dry track. It seems like every time it's at least damp or raining.

I was more disappointed in the reward Pagani Huayra. The roll cage interfered with the view to the left so I was never sure where the corner was.
I get that so much with this game, even after messing with the FOV settings. Don't get me started on the Esprit with a roll cage :nervous:

Not to mention, every car that was a reward for completing a tour should be available in the car dealer and in Free Play.
It is already on Free Play, that time was a bug that they adimited it shouldnt happen
I think you need go to rental car area to check the cars

But they should give the cars as reward for complete a tour without timed events indeed, actually this was what i was waiting on the first place

Seems like there's no sign of Fable there (which I assume is atleast a year away). Does that mean FH6 is this year?
FH6 wont come until Fable development end, part of team that works in certains FH areas like map/enviroment creation also do it for Fable
We certainly will get info for Fable in the Developer Direct extended (2-3 days after the event) or in June showcase

If i would bet, i would say Holiday 2025

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back