Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
I don't know if you are aware that there is a podcast called "We Are Forza Podcast" that is hosted by a woman, and following the logic of some posts she doesn't look as a car nerd as well, but she is, so how can you tell?

People are bashing Forza for so many reasons lately, and yes, the game isn't great and needs work but c'mon, game development is so deep and diverse that you don't need to be a certified car nerd to do most of the stuff.

Poor marketing choices, "build from the ground up" becoming a meme (that needs to die) and people complaining about a game they don't play for the sake of likes/views and criticising the ones who enjoy it...Wild.

I would recommend significantly lowering/messing around with the Steering Self Alignment setting. I found that having it set to 100 would make the car straighten-out on long, shallow turns, or would reset the steering a little too quickly on corner exit.

Try lowering it down to 20 or so and see if that helps at all.
Thanks, I will tried it.
And what about that 0-100 settings, is this ok?

Thanks, I will tried it.
That's generally the go-to setup for most Forza games, as it gives the widest input range for Steering, Throttle and Brakes.

I will mention that Steering Deadzone can be useful if your controller has stick drift. A few points in the Deadzone setting can help defeat stick drift.

This is all my fault, everyone. My apologies.

Yesterday, I thought "the negative posts can't get worse!".

Sorry guys.

Thanks, I will tried it.
d83e2639-4bd0-4297-8ffe-e7d2bac2172f.png

This is mine.. My decel outside deadzone is in a bit because my left index doesn't bend so well, after a rugby injury.

What NotThePrez means above is, if you have stick drift on your left stick, you can increase your steering inside deadzone slightly to minimize the effects.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are aware that there is a podcast called "We Are Forza Podcast" that is hosted by a woman, and following the logic of some posts she doesn't look as a car nerd as well, but she is, so how can you tell?

Thanks for the heads up, subscribed

People are bashing Forza for so many reasons lately, and yes, the game isn't great and needs work but c'mon, game development is so deep and diverse that you don't need to be a certified car nerd to do most of the stuff.

To me, the game is great but needs work, the 4 things IMO that need urgent attention are replays, lack of radar, penalties, and matchmaking, and as you say, you don't need to be a car nerd to work on any of those aspects.

Poor marketing choices, "build from the ground up" becoming a meme (that needs to die)

Marketting did really **** up on this, but it's getting tiresome seeing these meme's trotted out time and time again.

people complaining about a game they don't play for the sake of likes/views and criticising the ones who enjoy it...Wild.

This is what annoys me the most, there's so much energy from people who don't care for the game yet criticize it everywhere they can, I feel sad for them that they waste their time, but it's tiresome also. Just a couple days ago I see someone post a collage of screenshots on twitter, only for the replies to include someone I had already muted posting GT7 comparisons. Folks complaining about others "defending" Forza, bunch of muppets, you know what I do when I don't like/enjoy a particular game? I spend my time elsewhere, certainly don't spend my time warring on social media or forums for things I don't care about.

Modern gaming is just groundhog day of the "stop having fun" meme, every single game that releases no matter what state has a whole bunch of people telling others they shouldn't be enjoying it, years later when the "play-on-release" bro's have moved on, communities finally become less toxic, and we completely forget how much a ****show the forums/reddit/social media were on release

fce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"build from the ground up" becoming a meme (that needs to die)
It will never die, they write their own memes! Will be something that will be remembered for every iteration going forward :lol:

It seems like you wish to live in an echo chamber, maybe log off the internet as I don't think we will all ever agree on this abomination.

Folks complaining about others "defending" Forza, bunch of muppets, you know what I do when I don't like/enjoy a particular game? I spend my time elsewhere
I spend weeks away from this game, always check in here after that period to see what's new (usually nothing, except cringe posts like this).

Have you considered the people who are frustrated are those who WANT it to be good? Forza Motorsport was my, and others probably, favourite racing franchise. Played every single one, bought every single one Limited Edition, still have my USB and keychain from FM3.

After the misery of GT Sport and GT7, FM8 could have finally gotten back to its roots.
years later when the "play-on-release" bro's have moved on, communities finally become less toxic, and we completely forget how much a ****show the forums/reddit/social media were on release
Ya mean those of us who paid for the Deluxe, Special, Premium Add Ons bundle to play at release 😄

Never heard of anyone describe super fans of the game as "play on release bro's".

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, the game is great but needs work, the 4 things IMO that need urgent attention are replays, lack of radar, penalties, and matchmaking, and as you say, you don't need to be a car nerd to work on any of those aspects.
The game feels half backed and dated in my opinion because their focus has been multiplayer but the game estructure is so reminiscent of the older games than that simply doesn't work. Forza was never intended to be this way, and online racing in general has come a looooong road in terms of QoL improvements that is hard to race in Forza cleanly in this state.

Situational Awareness is paramount if you want to put on the table a safe environment for racing and still we don't have a radar, virtual mirrors in cockpit view, maybe a flag system and a working safety and skill rating that make sense along with matchmaking and a penalty system with common sense.

Forza has so much potential, racing is good some times with the right people and the online system, with rotating tracks and multiple series is better than GT7's (IMHO), driving physics are on point for most of the cars, so its a good start but not an acceptable one, is not 2017 anymore.
It seems like you wish to live in an echo chamber, maybe log off the internet as I don't think we will all ever agree on this abomination.
Lol no 🤣 I'm ok with it but the meme but it has been so extensively used that it's starting to become annoying, specially when is used towards people creating content or with a disrespectful tone towards them.
For me it's not funny anymore.

But as I said, poor marketing choices = totally deserved, Forza should have stick to "Where the dreams are driven".

Last edited:
The car xp-system/car-level, removing the old class- and other hoppers, not able to change the parts of your car in a lobby and have to leave the lobby when leveling up a new car after every race for tuningparts and coming back to 15 minutes training in a new lobby are the most annoying changes to the multiplayer for me. (not even mentioning forced to drive alone in singleplayer when trying to get a car down from A 603 to B600 or wanting to level your E/D/C-car to B).
The (too long) training kills the flow between races (aren't 5 minutes enough or just make lobbies with train/quali and without it so ppl can decide themselves) especially when you finished your setup it's useless wasted time.
Why are downloadable setups not showing the needed car level + xp before the download and trying to attach them?
Why isn't it possible to decide sharing your tunings with the ability for everyone else to still change the setup to their liking (not the parts just the setup)?
Apart from the technical issues (I don't have the fastest PC but still not the slowest (R7 3800x, 3060ti, 32 GB, Samsung 980 (Win10)+WD770(Games)) but restricting myself to FHD and it's still a mess and not very pretty either and every 30-60 minutes I have to restart the game since my 50-60 FPS are suddely dropping down to 20-30 FPS) and the boring soulless singleplayer I just don't get how all these issues weren't discovered in playtests.
The different hoppers for every skilllevel and the short breaks was the main difference to GT Sport/7. The missing penaltysystem was the mainproblem on FM7 and even this isn't executed very well with still putting everyone in the same lobby.

But when the car is leveled up and the online race finally runs with few or non technical issues and good opponents who want to race and not just wreck it's fun and I enjoy it like I did FM7 MP. I absolutely like Forza for that more arcadeish (to GT7) approach. It's just more fun especially with my restricted playtime. Just took 2 afternoons (so 6-7 hours) to be competitive again in the e-class hopper while most time wasted levelling cars up instead of working on my own abilities or finetuning my setup. In FM7 I loved getting new cars and tuning them up + setting up for lobbies. This is close to totally gone with the new system and wasting hours into cars which are unuseable after a few days when the weeky hopper ends. Gamebreaker for casual players and still annoying for the hardcore ones since as soon as the hopper changes most opponents are gone and just rolling barricades leveling up new cars for the next hours. I still don't know what they were doing in playtests and yet still don't erase the whole car xp thing quickly before turning off more players which are accepting the technical issues and other flaws.

Last edited:
I spend weeks away from this game, always check in here after that period to see what's new (usually nothing, except cringe posts like this).

I guess the irony is lost when you come in here to mention you jumped in the game for the first time in weeks just to do the new tours (which I believe you've done several times), that's pretty cringe to me.

Have you considered the people who are frustrated are those who WANT it to be good? Forza Motorsport was my, and others probably, favourite racing franchise. Played every single one, bought every single one Limited Edition, still have my USB and keychain from FM3.

Sure, but when the same people are coming in here time and time again to voice their displeasure at the game, it gets old pretty quick, if it pains you to play the game right now, maybe take some time off and come back to it when it meets your expectations. I come here because despite the negative posts, most of the discussion on here are people that are actually trying to enjoy the game, so when that gets interspersed with the negative stuff it just gets old.

Ya mean those of us who paid for the Deluxe, Special, Premium Add Ons bundle to play at release 😄

Never heard of anyone describe super fans of the game as "play on release bro's".

I'm coining it now, hoping it sticks 😁. There's a certain proportion of games communities that purchase the new shiny game, play for a month or 2, then move onto the next thing, their expectations are different from others, they may not be in it for the long haul, they may not even touch the multiplayer part of the game at all.

Why do some want an echo chamber of only positive thoughts? If you don't like posts about people criticising the game you can just ignore them if you cannot handle differing view points

Why?

I'm married to a woman who has dressed and dyed her hair like both of those women (her hair is much shorter these days). She's a car nerd; she's raced in Formula Woman.

Literally nothing in that image says "these people aren't car nerds", and it's absolutely ridiculous to believe that they aren't because of how they look.

Of course my wife uses a wheelchair for mobility for extended periods now so I guess - along with owning breasts, which is apparently bad enough - she'd be nothing but a diversity hire in your book even though she knows more than enough about cars...

It's just a gut feeling based on experience. Look at bioware now..There is a lot of diversity hires in the US especially, they could be car nerds but my guy tells me not. It's fine if you disagree. Of course women can be car nerds. Not disputing that but it's not that common in comparison to men

Last edited:
I mean... Do some want an echo chamber of negativity?

One might say the same negative points have almost been...... thrashed to death..

:sly:

Okay I'm done.
I'm fine with people talking about the positives. I have done as well, it's only those who really like the game want to shut down negativity

The next 6 car pass cars (after the 956 on 11th) should be
2019 McLaren Senna GTR (18th Jan)
2019 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 488 GTE (25th Jan)
2022 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro (1st Feb)
1966 Lotus type 35 (8th Feb)
2015 Cadillac #3 Cadillac Racing ATS-V.R (15th Feb)
2018 Ford #98 Breathless Pro Racing TA Mustang (22nd Feb)

the way I see it, we play these games for fun and we come to the forum to enjoy talking about the games we like.

Reading posts moaning about stuff gets old really fast. And besides, nobody from T10 is going to use posts here to change the game.

So anyway, do you guys use fully upgraded cars in the open class championship or do you take cars from within the class range and let the AI match?

the way I see it, we play these games for fun and we come to the forum to enjoy talking about the games we like.

Reading posts moaning about stuff gets old really fast. And besides, nobody from T10 is going to use posts here to change the game.

So anyway, do you guys use fully upgraded cars in the open class championship or do you take cars from within the class range and let the AI match?

Have done it both ways, and enjoyed it the same either way. They seem to do a pretty good job matching with similar.

Yep just insult people with a different viewpoint, that's constructive. Reminds me of a forum called resetera
You know that your opening gambit here was to insult all women* by claiming that two women aren't "car nerds" on the strength of a picture of them being women, right?

Seems rather self-unaware to be whining about perceived insults in your direction when you're being so boorish to an entire gender...

If you do have children at some point, please don't instill in them the bonkers idea that their genitalia precludes their interests in certain topics.

*and, by extending that to "diversity", all "diverse" (not male, not white, not straight, not-not disabled) people too.

You know that your opening gambit here was to insult all women* by claiming that two women aren't "car nerds" on the strength of a picture of them being women, right?

Seems rather self-unaware to be whining about perceived insults in your direction when you're being so boorish to an entire gender...

If you do have children at some point, please don't instill in them the bonkers idea that their genitalia precludes their interests in certain topics.

*and, by extending that to "diversity", all "diverse" (not male, not white, not straight, not disabled) people too.
I didn't mean to offend, it's my opinion. I'm generalising of course but where I've grown up at least, hardly any women I know give a **** about cars, none of my girlfriends have, they don't know or care when I spoke about being excited seeing a certain car in the street. This is not a bad thing btw because we're just different in ways. But It's what I observed and obviously all our perceptions are built from our experiences. Maybe I am narrow minded, but I'm not being deceptive or purposefully dismissive, I'm just being honest in sharing my opinion which is obviously not very popular here in the slightest. I'll stop though because it's obviously not constructive.

I believe AI atleast keeps getting smarter. Even if it isn't self aware. YET.

Anyway, i just finished all of the builder's cup tours. The 914 is probably one of my favorites. The C32, R33, SVO and the Falcon are honorable mentions.
I think racecar based tours are sorely missed. Would have loved to use the BBLM a lot more. (and also the vintage le man + can am cars). The trans am cars (both new and old) are super fun to drive. The new ones, atleast, should be in their own category (just like the V8 supercars).

I didn't mean to offend, it's my opinion. I'm generalising of course but where I've grown up at least, hardly any women I know give a **** about cars, none of my girlfriends have, they don't know or care when I spoke about being excited seeing a certain car in the street. This is not a bad thing btw because we're just different in ways. But It's what I observed and obviously all our perceptions are built from our experiences. Maybe I am narrow minded, but I'm not being deceptive or purposefully dismissive, I'm just being honest in sharing my opinion which is obviously not very popular here in the slightest. I'll stop though because it's obviously not constructive.
I talked about GT1 and its rules to an Egyptian Girl.

She was not impressed at all.

Back