Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
it was tested before the launch but they havent decided to launch on Xbox One
it was rumor sometime ago, even before the 2023 spring launch date reveal

more than likely, its xcloud stuff or leftovers of the rejected Xbox One version
I’m aware of the first test (it was before Series X was announced) but it’s odd they have “final” artwork for the most part.

Last edited:
Played for the first time in a few weeks today. Didn't really miss it at all. I have not done any of the tour challenges so I've been doing them today. In the one with the McLaren Sabre, it kept resetting me to expert rules. I would stop the race, go back into difficulty settings and change it back to the middle one where I've always played before, restart the race and it's back to expert again. It's still doing it into the first race of the Valkyrie challenge.

Did you mean on this settings?

be087eab-ef91-417d-afa0-f87ad80dbacb_copy_1920x1080.png

Tried and still not good...

Looks right.

I've got my vibration on 2 (lol) and I think the steering wheel alignment on 40 or something.

Feels fantastic.

Sometimes I feel I can brake harder with no vibration, but my (already poor) consistency goes to hell.

What's your wheel? I'm using a G25 (older version of the G27/G29) and I use the SSA at 100 as well but the vibration scale at 25 and it works well, I can post my settings when I get home.
I'm driving with gamepad.
Searching for some settings, so I can drive with joy, not anger bcs of bad steering in both FM and FH5.

This thread’s getting exhausting.
Been loosely following FM8 for updates over on YouTube, but it goes a stage beyond:

👀

Did not expect anyone would ever put it down to equality and diversity, but here we are. Mindblowing theory, given it's 2023 and here in the UK we've had the Equality Act 2010 introduced by the Labour movement's main party, a party for the people, written into law by minorities to end discrimination. Yet still it takes trillion dollar US firms 13 years before they even bother to try and add something for people with visual impairments into games.

After watching, my feed recommended another where I think it clarifies he might be blaming diversity in the workforce at Turn10. I had them down as probably losing 25% of staff in the same way as other Microsoft game studios did during development, but who knows maybe minorities don't know as much about technology, profit and racing cars?

I'm driving with gamepad.
Searching for some settings, so I can drive with joy, not anger bcs of bad steering in both FM and FH5.
Oh, good luck I'm sure someone will help you. I use stock settings in controller, this new Forza is more understeery than it used to be, but I tend to tune the car.

The McLaren Sabre was a pain to drive with controller, I did not figure out how to make it handle well.

Oh by the way folks, when this showcase events end? I only have left the Italian Ingenuity one and the Pagani one.

Last edited:
Did you mean on this settings?

View attachment 1317327

Tried and still not good...

I would recommend significantly lowering/messing around with the Steering Self Alignment setting. I found that having it set to 100 would make the car straighten-out on long, shallow turns, or would reset the steering a little too quickly on corner exit.

Try lowering it down to 20 or so and see if that helps at all.

Last edited:
After watching, my feed recommended another where I think it clarifies he might be blaming diversity in the workforce at Turn10. I had them down as probably losing 25% of staff in the same way as other Microsoft game studios did during development, but who knows maybe minorities don't know as much about technology, profit and racing cars?
he is correct my friend, microsoft have diversified turn 10 which may very well not have much car people around, we have the proof from xbox developer direct 2023. i mean if you watch this again they are reading from a script, they need car people like polyphony digital as this microsoft diversity stuff is not working see the disaster launch and player count. here some screenshots of turn 10 staff.
1704671661491.png
1704671655903.png
1704671618501.png

microsoft have diversified turn 10 which may very well not have much car people around, we have the proof from xbox developer direct 2023. i mean if you watch this again they are reading from a script, they need car people like polyphony digital as this microsoft diversity stuff is not working see the disaster launch and player count. here some screenshots of turn 10 staff.

What are these images supposed to convey?

How is what people look like related to whether they are "car people"?

What are these images supposed to convey?

How is what people look like related to whether they are "car people"?
Let's be completely honest. That last image. Do you really think they are car nerds? Because I don't. I have nothing against women, and female car enthusiasts completely exist, but the vast, vast majority don't know what e36 or r34 even means. We're just wired differently. But it seems nowadays you HAVE to diversify. So you end up potentially losing a car nerd hire because you have to fill your quota of women and PoC over what really matters. What I mean is car nerds come in all shapes and sizes. But because of pressure to hire women and PoC they end up hiring people that aren't as qualified because it fills their quota.

USA became so comfortable it got bored, and started self sabotaging. If we run out of problems we create them. Same as Roman empire, history repeats itself. Humans will always human. We always implode.

he is correct my friend, microsoft have diversified turn 10 which may very well not have much car people around, we have the proof from xbox developer direct 2023. i mean if you watch this again they are reading from a script, they need car people like polyphony digital as this microsoft diversity stuff is not working see the disaster launch and player count. here some screenshots of turn 10
Has this really devolved into "people like you shouldn't hold that job"????

Let's be completely honest. That last image. Do you really think they are car nerds? Because I don't. I have nothing against women, and female car enthusiasts completely exist, but the vast, vast majority don't know what e36 or r34 even means. We're just wired differently. But it seems nowadays you HAVE to diversify. So you end up potentially losing a car nerd hire because you have to fill your quota of women and PoC over what really matters. What I mean is car nerds come in all shapes and sizes. But because of pressure to hire women and PoC they end up hiring people that aren't as qualified because it fills their quota.

USA became so comfortable it got bored, and started self sabotaging. If we run out of problems we create them. Same as Roman empire, history repeats itself. Humans will always human. We always implode.
What if that picture happens to be showing two devops engineers who work on the game's server architecture and CMS? Do people who work solely in infrastructure need to be car nerds as well?

It's interesting and frankly mildly concerning how people are so desperate to decry this game that they're effectively resorting to sexism.

Last edited:
What if that picture happens to be showing two devops engineers who work on the game's server architecture and CMS? Do people who work solely in infrastructure need to be car nerds as well?

It's interesting and frankly mildly concerning how people are so desperate to decry this game that they're effectively resorting to sexism.
It's 2023, so we can't say how it is anymore without being "sexist"

Just like all the women builders and F1 drivers. It's just sexism holding them back. It's not like they're generally just into different things then men and there's nothing wrong with that

Last edited:

Just like all the women builders and F1 drivers. It's just sexism holding them back. It's not like they're generally just into different things then men and there's nothing wrong with that
I'm missing the part where "these two people look like they aren't into cars" is "saying how it is". Would you mind pointing me towards the official guidelines on How A Car Nerd Looks? I'm curious to see if I fit.

he is correct my friend, microsoft have diversified turn 10 which may very well not have much car people around, we have the proof from xbox developer direct 2023. i mean if you watch this again they are reading from a script, they need car people like polyphony digital as this microsoft diversity stuff is not working see the disaster launch and player count. here some screenshots of turn 10 staff.View attachment 1317506View attachment 1317505View attachment 1317504
I'm just seeing a normal group of people. What's soo controversial about that?

Let's be completely honest. That last image. Do you really think they are car nerds? Because I don't.
Why?

I'm married to a woman who has dressed and dyed her hair like both of those women (her hair is much shorter these days). She's a car nerd; she's raced in Formula Woman.

Literally nothing in that image says "these people aren't car nerds", and it's absolutely ridiculous to believe that they aren't because of how they look.

Of course my wife uses a wheelchair for mobility for extended periods now so I guess - along with owning breasts, which is apparently bad enough - she'd be nothing but a diversity hire in your book even though she knows more than enough about cars...

Jesus Christ. The whole thing of "these people don't look like car nerds," without knowing anything about the person in question, in general is plain dumb, bigoted, and does a damn good job of keeping people that are potentially interested in joining this hobby from doing so due to, understandably, not wanting to deal with other people potentially giving them crap because they don't match some silly, subjective idea of what a "Car Nerd" is supposed to look like.

Like, goddamn people. Both the car community, and gaming culture as a whole already has way too much bull🤬 gatekeeping as it is, especially within the sim racing community. As much as I personally genuinely enjoy FM23, there is absolutely zero proof that the boatload of issues that this game currently has is in any part down to there "not being enough car nerds" or "pushing for diversity." Hell, a lot of the current issues are (I'm assuming) various programming problems, and last I checked you don't need to be a major car nerd to understand coding or computer science.

------------------------------------------------------

On a completely different topic, has anyone had any luck with the Huracan ST Evo that was just added from the Car Pass? Apparently it's the new fastest GT car in the spec series, but it's infuriating to drive. Damn thing feels like it has absolutely no rear downforce.

Last edited:
Been loosely following FM8 for updates over on YouTube, but it goes a stage beyond:
dude never had a video with bellow 1k
Makes a video trashing FM... makes 10k

It really makes you think

Has this really devolved into "people like you shouldn't hold that job"????

Ah yes, i knew it would pop up soon than later, of course people are going to blame THE LIBERELZ and the pronoun gang

he is correct my friend, microsoft have diversified turn 10 which may very well not have much car people around, we have the proof from xbox developer direct 2023. i mean if you watch this again they are reading from a script, they need car people like polyphony digital as this microsoft diversity stuff is not working see the disaster launch and player count. here some screenshots of turn 10 staff
Here is Codemasters, at same time that FM was being trashed, WRC was praised as a good game and for many the true racing game of the year

Codemasters and EA UK launches Pay Gap reports each year and in 2021, Codemasters pleadged for a more DEI diverse workforce

Here is iRacing, the most famous simracing game praised as the top of the tops of sim racing
iRacing supports NASCAR Drive for Diversity project, in 2020 after a issue with Kyle Larson, iRacing called itself "A Welcome and Inclusive Community", not only only it, but its owners, Fenway Sports Group, made clear that they support diversity efforts in various fronts and ways

Here is Gran Turismo, biggest rival to Forza, in a interview in 2022, Kaz said that PD needs to be "connect to society as video games evolve" and said that one of the biggest PD strength was the diversity of people in the studio, the studio owner, Playstation, also had sponsored Tokyo Pride parades in last few years

If dont got my point until now, let me be more direct:
This type of stupid narrative needs to stop

Last edited by a moderator:

hold on let me fix that for you
It's 2023, so we can't be sexist anymore without being "sexist"
there you go

Back