Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
All the hour long video essays on the "state of Forza Motorsport" have never rang more true. To the point where some consider it a worse game than Forza Motorsport 5, the game that launched with an even more pitiful amount of content back in 2013. I'll likely stick around in the hope that the game gets better, because modern gaming simply be like that. At least Horizon continues to be a fun game I can always go to with my old friend, alas I couldn't get him interested in Motorsport. Can't say I blame him to be honest.
You mean this particular video from UltraViolet, which was uploaded about 3 weeks ago?

He has made a lot of good points about it, although watch at your own risk.

And it's not some of the issues like this. They put cars like the Focus ST BTCC, Caddy DPi-V.R and Oreca into paid DLC... for what? These cars were shown before and now we can not drive them without being forced to pay up. Especially since the Cadillac DPI was shown back in 2022, and even shown in greater detail.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, that's the center spring scale. It needs to be lowered. The understeer loss of FFB is pretty ridiculous by default. It's designed to let you know when your tires have lost straightline grip but it's so disorienting you lose attention to your steering input.
And they STILL haven't fixed the game loading your default wheel settings so you're going to save that but it won't really save. You'll have to select your wheel profile every time you start the game.
Thank you, yeah it was that, now it's present but works way better but still present, maybe that I'm driving the McLaren Sabre has to do, snap oversteer and you are done, same if the AI crashes into you, FF gone.

Weirdly enough if you run with the centering scale at 0 the FF is gone, so I'm running 35 by now and testing.

Again, thank you!

I found the Exomotive Exocet to be like that too, but it’s understandable since that’s basically a Chevy LS, some wheels and some scaffolding.

Swap the engine out for the B-Class one and suddenly it’s a grip monster 😁

Swap the engine for the 4.0 l V8, add max ballast, swap it to AWD and put stock tires on it and you can squeeze the valkyrie into R class.

It's not the fastest but it's also not bad and incredibly easy to drive with tons of grip, Even with stock tires you can throw it into corners and it just grips.

You could probably use the V10 engine (not tried it) as well but the V8 has more torque.

Edit = i meant stock (sport) tires, not drag lol

Last edited:
Thank you, yeah it was that, now it's present but works way better but still present, maybe that I'm driving the McLaren Sabre has to do, snap oversteer and you are done, same if the AI crashes into you, FF gone.

Weirdly enough if you run with the centering scale at 0 the FF is gone, so I'm running 35 by now and testing.

Again, thank you!
It's more or less a feature. Assetto Corsa has it. rF2 has it. It's to let you know your tires have reached their limit and are now loose. Seeing as we don't have real G forces to feel, it's all we have to know to back off on throttle while steering or whatever. You get used to it. It took me an hour if not more to find where I wanted my settings in FM. One thing I won't complain about is FM's FFB. It's actually quite nice ONCE you get the settings sorted out.

I've actually had a blast driving the valkyrie in the new event, by race 2 I got the hang of it and took 2nd in a wet Silverstone then 1st at Kyalami, and I normally suck in these hypercar events, also looks freakin amazing in chase cam

It's more or less a feature. Assetto Corsa has it. rF2 has it. It's to let you know your tires have reached their limit and are now loose. Seeing as we don't have real G forces to feel, it's all we have to know to back off on throttle while steering or whatever. You get used to it. It took me an hour if not more to find where I wanted my settings in FM. One thing I won't complain about is FM's FFB. It's actually quite nice ONCE you get the settings sorted out.
Oh, yeah I know what you are talking about then, I play AC/RF2 and AMS2 and yes, they do that but still you feel some resistance, in Forza it seems that the wheel just disconnects and no FF at all for a second while turning, feels like there is a bump in the wheel while turning is annoying to be honest because the car is really difficult to control and feels floaty.

Maybe it's a G25 thing, I'll keep tweaking.

Last edited:
I am tired of video essays telling how much about the game sucks
How about video essays saying that the game isnt that bad and we need give time to devs to fix the issues? or the fact the game even with this mess maneged to come with more cars and tracks than FM5 even before the 2 returning tracks and the car packages that came after?

Then MS gives updating it they will say that "its another case of failed GAAS" or some stupid blame the devs instead of stupid pressure everywhere

i undestand that would be better came with game ready instead of the mess it was, but it was more than obivus right now that something went wrong and devs were pressured by their heads to launch the game ASP

Also can T10 be a bit more transparent and be direct in what went wrong this time? even if they can be recived by the HR and similar departaments in the following day, they should had focused in launch the game in "Early Acess" like Grounded or something like that

I despise the marketing and the launch dates departaents with all my might, i am sure all the blame must come from the buzzwords and stupid graphics-fucosed marketing, also killed the game launching before beacuse want give more focus to RPGs only beacuse gamers prefer it more than racing games

Nothing will make change idea that Forza should had been delayed, but wasnt beacuse they want give focus for the non-racing games instead of Motorsport, they knew motorsport at this state would break the sales and kill any chance of sucess, but they prefered do it instead of hurt development and sales of the games that have a bigger gamer appeal like Fable, Avowed or wharever skyrim clone may be coming soon

Last edited:
For me, this game is unplayable with gamepad.
No enjoying, only suffering with getting out of track because controls don't work as they should.
Really don't know what to do.

No enjoying, only suffering with getting out of track because controls don't work as they should.

I'm in a similar boat. Thankfully there a ton of other games to play and if this game chooses to not respect my time, then I'm done trying to find the fun in it.

For my racing fix, I'm lucky enough to have GT7 too as an option. For sure, that game is far from perfect, but at least it's playable with a controller.

The Aston Martin Valkyrie highlights the shortcomings of the PI system. I don't understand how the Porsche 919 and the Ferrari 641 can have the same PI as the Valkyrie because they don't perform the same way. Sure, the Valkyrie has the highest top speed but it can't take the corners as fast, mainly because of the tyres. The overall speed is closer to that of an LMP2. Still wicked fast for a "road" car though. Nothing comes close. It's quite an achievement, especially in times like these where big, powerful cars with big engines are being killed off. I think more manufacturers should just go all out on a hypercar like this before the regulators put an end to it all. Or so we're told.

I'm in a similar boat. Thankfully there a ton of other games to play and if this game chooses to not respect my time, then I'm done trying to find the fun in it.

For my racing fix, I'm lucky enough to have GT7 too as an option. For sure, that game is far from perfect, but at least it's playable with a controller.
Funny because I feel the opposite, FM is much easier to control at the limit than GT7. There is better thumbstick filtering.

Also be sure to set your deadzones to zero

Funny because I feel the opposite, FM is much easier to control at the limit than GT7. There is better thumbstick filtering.

Also be sure to set your deadzones to zero
Dead zones on zero has a huge impact on any Forza game, this one is no different 👍

Dead zones on zero.
Thrusters on full.
Engage.

You on Sim Steering or Regular? I had to switch back of Sim Steering as it was unplayable for me. Also, the understeer ruins the experience early on, you just get used to it, or Tune every single car you have to make it work 😄

Also...

If we have an Awards ceremony for defending the state of this game, there are a fair few contenders. Not sure who will win the crown.

image_2024-01-05_104234747.png

Last edited:
Here we go again with "I don't think it doesn't sound as good" therefore it can't be new therefore they lied.

The fact that the engine sounds are different show that they didn't lie about it being new.

Reminds me of people saying that the physics felt the same as FM7 or FH5.

Calling it worse than FM5 is laughable.

Penalty system, physics engine, tire compounds, practice laps, proper pitting, and better online racing easily makes it a better game than FM5. (Not to mention being available day one on PC.)

Ever since Nurburgring was announced to not launch with the game it became a meme to hate on the game. Nothing is perfect, but modern gaming culture is so extremely toxic that it isn't even funny.

A lot of people into Forza Horizon 5 won't like Motorsport, they are completely different games.
If you go back in my post history you'll find me defending the game too, but I can only defend an unfinished game for so long. Sure their car sounds are "new" but definitely not improved like they would like you to believe. Seriously, take any V10 or V12 for a spin and find out just how neutered they sound compared to FH5 (the Lamborghini Espada just might be the worst sounding car I've driven in-game so far, it genuinely hurts my ears with how bad the sound quality is and ruins such an amazing classic car).

All the new stuff you listed is pretty good for the most part. But what about all the stuff that's missing or got cut? Not just the cars that were shown in trailers only to be removed and made into paid DLC, but several QOL features added to FH4 and FH5 over the last 5 years. Wheel spacers, photomode improvements, livery editor additions, revving your car in the upgrade shop, etc. Or some things from FM7, such as drift and drag racing. Like, they bothered to keep drag and drift upgrades, but removed their dedicated modes.

You will not often find me complaining that much about Forza, because I love the series and generally don't like being negative, but man, enough is enough. I stuck with Forza Horizon 5 when it felt like most people jumped on the hate train, but now that updates and support have gotten ten times better, a lot of that hate disappeared and people just have fun with the game. I hope that can be the same for Forza Motorsport, for both online and offline players. Heck, if they copied GT7's custom race and let you pick opponent cars I think I'd get a lot more out of the game, but for now we're stuck with standard old Free Play which unfortunately didn't get many improvements over FM7.

Last edited:
Dead zones on zero has a huge impact on any Forza game, this one is no different 👍

Dead zones on zero.
Thrusters on full.
Engage.
Yes it does lol, especially if you try and treat the thumbstick like a wheel with minute tweaks mid corner

I am tired of video essays telling how much about the game sucks
How about video essays saying that the game isnt that bad and we need give time to devs to fix the issues? or the fact the game even with this mess maneged to come with more cars and tracks than FM5 even before the 2 returning tracks and the car packages that came after?
Is this supposed to be impressive? It has more content than FM5! A game they rushed out for a new console launch, and took them 2 years to make. Shame the singeplayer in FM23 isnt as engaging as FM5.

Also MS deserve all the hate for making T10 ship the game WAY too early. This is a product and as a consumer I don't need to give these companies sympathy. You release a half finished product which people paid 100 quid for, you're gonna get some well deserved criticism. I would actually feel some sympathy for T10 but the amount of lies they peddled during the promotion of this game is just unforgivable I'm afraid.

If the Aston Martin handled like that in real life, every single motoring journalist that drove it would have been instantly killed.

There's zero grip at the rear on turn in, the tyres are immediately overwhelmed and you're a passenger.

How the team play tested this and thought 'that's good to go boss!' is beyond me.
Utter tosh. Who in their right mind is driving this car with no TC IRL? If any journalists did they must be EXTREMELY brave and talented drivers.

Put TC on and the car drives incredibly, it makes much sense that this is just like real life. The stats on this car are insanity, and on road tyres what do you expect?

Last edited:
Their tweets are in dire need of as much quality control as their games are!
You could literally install an exhaust upgrade on a Tesla in GT7. Quality control issues in racing games are pretty universal at this point.

Some guy messing up some grammar or accidently saying all electric in a tweet means about jack but is pretty funny.

If people think the Valkyrie is bad, you should see the Ford GT video where they nearly kill themselves driving it. A car that didn't come with TC stock. That is only 550 hp.

Last edited:
You could literally install an exhaust upgrade on a Tesla in GT7.

Some guy messing up some grammar or accidently saying all electric in a tweet means about jack.
What about the T.50 still having paddle shift animations? We hope for a fix soon, as always. What about the "Weclcome" sign on Spa that was also present in Forza Motorsport 7, despite the game being apparently "built from the ground up"?

2426a5a5a1a1de86131f6e64bffb6a0fedae73b2.jpeg

What about the T.50 still having paddle shift animations? We hope for a fix soon, as always. What about the "Weclcome" sign on Spa that was also present in Forza Motorsport 7, despite the game being apparently "built from the ground up"?

2426a5a5a1a1de86131f6e64bffb6a0fedae73b2.jpeg
I am very much of the opinion that re-using perfectly good assets is smart game design.

I am very much of the opinion that re-using perfectly good assets is smart game design.
But there's a huge obvious typo in the reused asset.

Also you have no problem that they continuously lied during their promotion of the game, constantly stating the game was built from the ground up?

But there's a huge obvious typo in the reused asset.

Also you have no problem that they continuously lied during their promotion of the game, constantly stating the game was built from the ground up?
Rebuilding tracks does not mean you throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Also, as someone that professional 3D models from references...

If you rebuild something from the same references, you get the same results.
FordGTGuy is not giving up his trophies for anyone!

Edit: on second thought he's more of an achievements kinda guy...

I play on PC; you're in a part of the forum devoted to a literal Xbox game bro.

I didn't know I needed to nitpick and hate on every tiny aspect of a game to have a valid opinion. You don't see me nitpicking every aspect of GT7 in the general GT7 chat in and calling anyone that says otherwise a defender that deserves a trophy.

I've been playing Forza Motorsport since the first game; does that disturb you?

The physics engine is new and the lighting engine is new.

the tracks have at least had the track redone or it wouldn't even work with the new physics engine.

I think built from the ground up was a terrible slogan to use but clearly a lot of work has been done to rebuild or improve the games engines. The game was also 100% forced out early.

Last edited:
Back