Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
the thing is, FH5 number only grows while FM numbers are bad as can be outside gamepass
MS doesn't have another first party track racer & the issues with FM2023 can be addressed. Hence why I said this game needs a lot more time in updates & content before MS will make a decision. I highly doubt MS kill off Motorsport before they decide a change in management first.

Like others have said it will probably be at least a year from now until this game is where it needs to be and to be real a lot of games have gone down this lengthy path of repairs. We just have to play the long game and see what happens, with as many bugs this game has, the lack of features, and down on content namely being tracks I still see T10 eventually turning this around. One update at a time though and we just have to do our part and make any issue known or whatever is worthy of being added to this game just hammer it to them.

Last edited:
The more people talk this game was a faliue, the more I get afraid that MS will kill motorsport and the only thing we will get will be Horizon or wharever Gran Turismo is nowadays...

FM isn't going anywhere, many of the folks calling this game a failure are using steam numbers as an example, but I don't think steam metrics are a good comparison anymore, same goes for Starfield.

FH5 is an example often used, but that came out pretty close to Xbox Series X release, at a point where it wasn't that easy to get an Xbox (unless you wanted an S), so it makes more sense that many people bought the game on Steam. Then Xbox Play anywhere is something that while has been around for a long time, it's getting more traction deeper into this console cycle.

[edit]: Forgot to mention, this year we expect to see Activision games on Gamepass, along with Starfield last year, GP is much more compelling than it was compared to FH5 release, so this will also play a part

Then the obvious, FH5 is a more casual title, so it's likely always going to have a bigger audience.

With Gamepass and Xbox Play Anywhere, there are 2 very good reasons not to buy the game on Steam.

Regardless of all of this, Xbox need a competent track racer to compete with Gran Turismo, these titles offer something different to the rest of the simracing stable, that can only be rivalled when you have the resources that Microsoft or Sony can provide.

Last edited:
FM isn't going anywhere, many of the folks calling this game a failure are using steam numbers as an example, but I don't think steam metrics are a good comparison anymore, same goes for Starfield.

FH5 is an example often used, but that came out pretty close to Xbox Series X release, at a point where it wasn't that easy to get an Xbox (unless you wanted an S), so it makes more sense that many people bought the game on Steam. Then Xbox Play anywhere is something that while has been around for a long time, it's getting more traction deeper into this console cycle.

Then the obvious, FH5 is a more casual title, so it's likely always going to have a bigger audience.

With Gamepass and Xbox Play Anywhere, there are 2 very good reasons not to buy the game on Steam.

Regardless of all of this, Xbox need a competent track racer to compete with Gran Turismo, these titles offer something different to the rest of the simracing stable, that can only be rivalled when you have the resources that Microsoft or Sony can provide.
Let's also add word of mouth to this. FH5 caused a buzz when it came out, mostly for its beautiful graphics as IMO it was another copy and paste affair gameplay and progression wise but it will still a very solid product. While FM23 is just negative word of mouth practically everywhere you look. This matters hugely

Made this around launch but never shared pics until now.

Sadly the livery editor is fundamentally broken for me, so I can't make any new designs.

100_Mazda_1.png
100_Mazda_2.png
100_Mazda_4.png

Made this around launch but never shared pics until now.

Sadly the livery editor is fundamentally broken for me, so I can't make any new designs.

View attachment 1316249View attachment 1316250View attachment 1316251
PJ, you are definitely talented with these liveries.

I love the one that you posted and then I noticed the link and clicked on it and loved most of the other ones that you made.

If this is what you can do with a livery editor that really isn't that user friendly, you are talented, very talented

I was wondering about the numbers of Forza on Xbox right now and this is what i had found

For starters, in True Archivements Forza Motorsport had a drop and now its in #19, but it is ahead of most played games like RDR2, Sea of Thieves, Starfield and even Hogwarts Legacy.

In Xbox top 50 most played the results are the following:

USA, Canada - Last Row oof, but it seems ahead of Hogwarts Legacy in US
Japan- 4th row/top 20, ahead of the new Yakuza game and Halo Infinite
Brazil - 4th Row/top 20, between Elder Ring and Baldur's Gate 3
Portugal- 4th row/top 20, ahead of Starfield, Baldur´s Gate, Cyberpunk and Halo Infinite
UK- 6th row, ahead of Cyberpunk, Sea of Thieves and Halo Infinite
Singapure/SEA - 7th Row, ahead of Rocket League, Elder Ring and Hogwarts Legacy
Germany - 5th row/top 25, ahead of Cyberpunk, The Finals, Starfield, Sea of Thieves
Taiwan (likely with Chinese import players as well)- 3th row/Top 15, ahead of Cyberpunk, Halo Infinite, Starfelid
Hong Kong (likely with Chinese import players as well)- 5th row/top 25, ahead of Halo Infinite, Starfield and Elder Ring

FH5 was (obivusly) ahead of FM in all of those, but unlike steam, FM was ahead of FH4 in ALL those
The only place of that FM was outside the list was Mexico, but this also was the place where FH5 was also the lowest ranked of all, maybe Mexicans seems not intersted iin racing games overerall

Also a bit off topic but related to top 50, i expected a bigger push of popular games due holidays, still FM maneged to hold a lot
But, North America tends to be the biggest Xbox market, so Forza Motorsport going so low there isnt good for sales numbers, butgoing good in other regions may compencate the player number overall

Another thing that got my attention that i only had noticed now was the lack of any news related to record of numbers like "Best Sold FM ever or something like that"

Last edited:
If the Aston Martin handled like that in real life, every single motoring journalist that drove it would have been instantly killed.

There's zero grip at the rear on turn in, the tyres are immediately overwhelmed and you're a passenger.

How the team play tested this and thought 'that's good to go boss!' is beyond me.

If the Aston Martin handled like that in real life, every single motoring journalist that drove it would have been instantly killed.

There's zero grip at the rear on turn in, the tyres are immediately overwhelmed and you're a passenger.

How the team play tested this and thought 'that's good to go boss!' is beyond me.
Just tested the Valkyrie myself and man why the hell is it so twitchy? I see exactly what you mean now, this car is broken! Even the stats when on the tuning menu is out of wack it shows top speed as 54mph when i hit 206...really T10? Smh this is wild

Just tested the Valkyrie myself and man why the hell is it so twitchy? I see exactly what you mean now, this car is broken! Even the stats when on the tuning menu is out of wack it shows top speed as 54mph when i hit 206...really T10? Smh this is wild
Just to note that the Valkyrie which appeared in FH5 as the 2nd Secret Santa reward drives quite well. Oversteery, but nothing too terrible.

Are you guys using TC? After all, a light car with 1200 hp can't be easy to handle in real life, can it?

Just to note that the Valkyrie which appeared in FH5 as the 2nd Secret Santa reward drives quite well. Oversteery, but nothing too terrible.

Are you guys using TC? After all, a light car with 1200 hp can't be easy to handle in real life, can it?
It is the first car I've driven in the game which I felt needed TC on as it is pretty hard to control without it.

It is the first car I've driven in the game which I felt needed TC on as it is pretty hard to control without it.
I found the Exomotive Exocet to be like that too, but it’s understandable since that’s basically a Chevy LS, some wheels and some scaffolding.

Swap the engine out for the B-Class one and suddenly it’s a grip monster 😁

From Top Gear:
That depends on your contact patches. Michelin Cup 2 tyres, which feel very grippy on most cars, were completely overcome here, feeling squidgy and vague. The more track-focused Cup2Rs were much better, allowing you to exploit far more of the braking and cornering potential.
However, it’s a car with a few issues. It’s clear that development money has been tight on this project. The brake pedal has reasonable feel, but too much travel, it’s hard to get an accurate feel for what the hydraulic suspension is up to, the traction control is clumsy and the gearchanges are slow. A lot of it is a matter of calibration and managing algorithms – neither of which is quick or cheap to do in a car this complex.

Apart from in a straight line, the claim that it’s as fast as an LMP1 car is very wide of the mark – and we know this because Chris Harris and I went head to head in the Valkyrie and the Valkyrie AMR Pro. Which is an entirely different car, shorn of hybrid assistance and much hydraulic complication, but gaining slicks and bigger wings. In a straight line there was nothing in it, around corners the AMR Pro pulled out huge gaps.

You have to manage the car. You can’t bully it, it likes to be driven a certain way – calmly and accurately. Take it by the scruff and it's choppy. It pushes wide through medium speed corners, and can get scrappy at low speeds. Always you’re waiting for the opportunity to unleash that V12. Which, it has to be said, is one of the all time great automotive experiences.

Sounds better from outside though, but the sensation of being in this small cockpit, experiencing the car’s high speed acceleration and stability, with this savage noise shrieking through the bulkhead is very intense. It’s raw, unfiltered and dramatic.

From EVO:
In slower corners it’s easy enough to decode what’s happening on the way in or the way out and react accordingly. You need to be especially mindful of how much torque you’re asking the rear tyres to transmit before the aero makes a meaningful difference, similarly how much braking force can be absorbed. In each instance there are electronic systems to rely on – you can feel the TC intervene, ESC is very hard to detect and ABS is really only there to stop a lightly loaded inside front wheel from grabbing in the final phase if you try and brake too hard and too deep into an apex.

It’s in higher speed corners a greater leap of faith is required because you don’t have the explicit, analogue reference points to draw from. It’s also clear the 20in front and 21in rear Michelin Cup 2’s (N-rated Porsche items) are working in a realm they are not entirely comfortable, so even if you do trust in the aero you still sense the tyre is struggling to cope. You certainly don’t get the utterly outrageous feeling of limitless grip that comes from the combination of slicks and wings.

From Autocar:
Pure lateral adhesion is one area where the Valkyrie doesn’t feel otherworldly, because of its need to wear road tyres. Our test car is riding on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s rather than the more aggressive (but still street-legal) optional Cup 2 Rs. So while grip is huge, it is less than it would be in a track special riding on slicks. This feels most obvious in slower and tighter corners, where the Valkyrie turns keenly but the traction control works hard to maintain discipline on the way out. Increasing speed soon brings downforce and a corresponding sense of dynamic security. But the active suspension means that the Valkyrie never feels heavy or lacking in agility.

Nor does it feel snappy or scary, even when I turn the variable traction control down. This confirms that the transition from grip to slip, although sudden, is well flagged and easily corrected – certainly at relatively low speeds. Of course, this is on a bone-dry track with generous run-offs. A wet B-road would be a very different challenge. But the Valkyrie’s chassis seems impressively friendly considering the forces it has to contain and direct.

Attachments

• 1704384323798.png
    1704384323798.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Most modern cars including race cars use TC permanently while doing anything challenging, after all. TC off is for playing about in a controlled environment (i.e. not the open road, not while racing seriously).

I'm not a hypercar fan, but giving the car a try and @nukleabomb those reviews sound just like my experience driving the car. The only suggestion I would give is use TCS and never drop down to 1st gear, it seems to break into a slide as soon as you go into 1st in slow corners, but 2nd is normally fine

Also, major props to the sound team for the Exotics. Those guys seriously deserve a raise for the sound quality of the Essenza and Super Trofeo Evo alone. I can't name many other cars in the game with such meaty gear shifts and whines, aside from the recently added Pagani Huayra R (give them a raise for that one too). Perhaps with these being race cars, it could be a teaser of the sound upgrades we'll hear in Forza Motorsport.
Hoo boy, my post from a while back in the FH5 forum did not age well. After trying out the "newly added" Pagani Huayra R in Motorsport only to find that it sounds basically identical to the Lamborghini Essenza, I've come to the conclusion that Turn 10's audio team is miles behind Playground Games. Not that every car from Horizon sounds perfect, but leave it to Turn 10 to somehow take some of the best sounding cars from Forza Horizon 5 (Lamborghini Essenza, Pagani Huayra R, GMA T.50, AM Valkyrie, etc.) and make them sound worse for no reason. I don't understand why they bragged about their new audio systems pre-launch, because just like every other issue with this game, that turned out to be false promises.

I'm really trying to enjoy FM2023 man, but I'm already at the point where I only play once a week to do the new tour and try the new Car Pass car. And wouldn't you believe that's not even exciting this week either since the Valkyrie already debuted in FH5 last month and the Huracan Super Trofeo Evo was a PAID DLC car in FH5 months ago, that we have to pay for, again. As someone who primarily only plays single player in these games, I was really hoping it would fill that void that GT7 left hanging, but I just don't think it does. The Builders Cup is a fine idea, but the sheer lack of different championships is embarrassing. So many car types straight up don't get used in the career all the while the ones that do get used overlap with others, so it feels like there's very little variety. It's like they looked at GT7's career with its own lack of variety and thought, "Yeah, let's copy that." Well, at least GT7 has since gotten new, permanent additions to its single player, meanwhile FM2023's is time-limited, again for no reason.

All the hour long video essays on the "state of Forza Motorsport" have never rang more true. To the point where some consider it a worse game than Forza Motorsport 5, the game that launched with an even more pitiful amount of content back in 2013. I'll likely stick around in the hope that the game gets better, because modern gaming simply be like that. At least Horizon continues to be a fun game I can always go to with my old friend, alas I couldn't get him interested in Motorsport. Can't say I blame him to be honest.

Hoo boy, my post from a while back in the FH5 forum did not age well. After trying out the "newly added" Pagani Huayra R in Motorsport only to find that it sounds basically identical to the Lamborghini Essenza, I've come to the conclusion that Turn 10's audio team is miles behind Playground Games. Not that every car from Horizon sounds perfect, but leave it to Turn 10 to somehow take some of the best sounding cars from Forza Horizon 5 (Lamborghini Essenza, Pagani Huayra R, GMA T.50, AM Valkyrie, etc.) and make them sound worse for no reason. I don't understand why they bragged about their new audio systems pre-launch, because just like every other issue with this game, that turned out to be false promises.

I'm really trying to enjoy FM2023 man, but I'm already at the point where I only play once a week to do the new tour and try the new Car Pass car. And wouldn't you believe that's not even exciting this week either since the Valkyrie already debuted in FH5 last month and the Huracan Super Trofeo Evo was a PAID DLC car in FH5 months ago, that we have to pay for, again. As someone who primarily only plays single player in these games, I was really hoping it would fill that void that GT7 left hanging, but I just don't think it does. The Builders Cup is a fine idea, but the sheer lack of different championships is embarrassing. So many car types straight up don't get used in the career all the while the ones that do get used overlap with others, so it feels like there's very little variety. It's like they looked at GT7's career with its own lack of variety and thought, "Yeah, let's copy that." Well, at least GT7 has since gotten new, permanent additions to its single player, meanwhile FM2023's is time-limited, again for no reason.

All the hour long video essays on the "state of Forza Motorsport" have never rang more true. To the point where some consider it a worse game than Forza Motorsport 5, the game that launched with an even more pitiful amount of content back in 2013. I'll likely stick around in the hope that the game gets better, because modern gaming simply be like that. At least Horizon continues to be a fun game I can always go to with my old friend, alas I couldn't get him interested in Motorsport. Can't say I blame him to be honest.
Here we go again with "I don't think it doesn't sound as good" therefore it can't be new therefore they lied.

The fact that the engine sounds are different show that they didn't lie about it being new.

Reminds me of people saying that the physics felt the same as FM7 or FH5.

Calling it worse than FM5 is laughable.

Penalty system, physics engine, tire compounds, practice laps, proper pitting, and better online racing easily makes it a better game than FM5. (Not to mention being available day one on PC.)

Ever since Nurburgring was announced to not launch with the game it became a meme to hate on the game. Nothing is perfect, but modern gaming culture is so extremely toxic that it isn't even funny.

A lot of people into Forza Horizon 5 won't like Motorsport, they are completely different games.

Last edited:
I've been playing today, been away for a bit because my G25 brake pedal was dirty and had no spare time to fix it.

I just found that my wheel settings are default again, and I'm having a problem that I don't remember how to solve (present on pc and Series X + Drivehub) somehow when the car snaps or simply oversteers I lose the force feedback completely, also when turning too much the wheel clips in the direction that I'm turning for a second, loosing also FF.

It was somehow present in my settings before but not as flagrant as it is right now.

Also I'm wondering, what's your take on the car pass cars? For me, they are uninspiring at most, they feel like cars the game should have on the get go but I understand that they are cars for the multiplayer so I'm ok with it.

Although as an European I really enjoy those obscure SCCA/IMSA 90's cars like the Whistler Mustang

I just found that my wheel settings are default again, and I'm having a problem that I don't remember how to solve (present on pc and Series X + Drivehub) somehow when the car snaps or simply oversteers I lose the force feedback completely, also when turning too much the wheel clips in the direction that I'm turning for a second, loosing also FF.
If I remember correctly, that's the center spring scale. It needs to be lowered. The understeer loss of FFB is pretty ridiculous by default. It's designed to let you know when your tires have lost straightline grip but it's so disorienting you lose attention to your steering input.
And they STILL haven't fixed the game loading your default wheel settings so you're going to save that but it won't really save. You'll have to select your wheel profile every time you start the game.

Back