Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
For those looking to try the GTP/C Playlist, it seems the Sauber C9, Nissan R91CP and Mazda 787B are the cars of choice. So far I've only been using the R91CP, and with a good tune, it's proven to be a very competent and consistent car with great turning ability, and isn't too harsh on its tires. The only weakness I've noticed is that it's overall top end is lacking, although that might also be down to the tune I've equipped.

I haven't run the other two yet, but based on my experience and observations racing against them, the Sauber C9 seems to be faster than the R91 overall, and the 787B seems to be similar in speed, if not a tad slower than the R91, but possibly harder to handle. The C9 in particular seems to be very fast over a single lap, and as such it usually tops the qualifying charts more often than not. However, it seems like the car has a habit of eating through its tires a bit faster than the R91, as I've also noticed that the C9 tends to lose speed a good bit sooner than the R91 on some longer stints, especially at long tracks like VIR. Again, the Mazda 787B seems to be a little slower than the R91, although it can still hang around. I've think I've spent more time battling against this car more than any other.

Honestly, this playlist is great. So far its been a fun, and very rapid change of pace, and I've been having some fun battles in this series tonight. This is probably where I'll be spending most of my playtime for the next week. I even managed to chalk up my first ever multiplayer win in playlist. :D

As an aside, I've also made a small Spotify playlist for FM23 multiplayer (some NSFW music present), and so far "Rendezvous" from Ace Combat 5 seems to fits really well when racing these Group C cars.

I've managed to get the game working again on Steam with my PS5 controller, so I'll try to explain what I think has happened.

Steam has for a long time provided a controller translation layer so that you can use any controller with any game. This was working okay, but recently stopped working. For FM, and many other games, it now shows this message:

FM2023Update3SteamController.jpg

I interpret this as meaning that Steam now requires devs to provide information on each game's level of controller support, and that Turn 10 hasn't done this for FM. However, Kunos hasn't done it for ACC either, nor has PG done it for FH5. A rare example of a game where they have done it is F1 22, where it shows this message instead:

F122SteamController.jpg

There used to be a different message displayed where it described a kind of intermediate level of support, where my controller would work, but the button glyphs shown in game wouldn't match my controller. That is what used to be shown for FM, but it was fine, I knew which buttons to press when the game showed A B X Y. What I think has happened is that Steam now requires some sort of more explicit choice from devs, and a lot haven't provided this information to Steam yet.

Now, if I go to FH5 in my library, right click, properties, controller, it LOOKS LIKE the Steam controller layer is enabled for FH5. However, if you look at the image above, you can see a "View controller settings" link, and clicking that link makes it clear that the Steam controller layer is NOT enabled. Enabling it now allows you to choose from various translation schemes, and having chosen an appropriate one for each game, my PS5 controller does now work with these games again.

So I think I was incorrect to state in the past that FM's update broke controller support, I think it was broken before then by a Steam change in conjunction with devs not providing Steam with the information Steam is now asking them to provide. I just noticed it for the first time after the update as I hadn't run the game for a while because I was waiting for the update to try it again. And while it's bad that T10 hasn't provided the information Steam is now asking for, they are far from alone in this. And it is possible for the user to resolve the problem themselves, it's the fault of some degree of obscurity in Steam's UI that I didn't realise earlier that the translation layer had changed to a disabled state for games that previously had it enabled.

Right.... That's why this thread exists on the forum. Because PD never made errors themselves.

Or that the history information on some cars has also been incorrect.

Edit* Or how even in the most recent update, these "huge car nerds" allowed exhaust & turbo mods on a Tesla.

This stuff happens, it's just oversight. It can be corrected at the end of the day in today's gaming industry.

Little late maybe but thats not quite right you cant upgrade turbo or exhaust on the tesla, the only engine upgrade you can do is ecu,

I just have to say that Mclaren Sabre is super ugly. What was Mclaren thinking when they made this thing? And T10 decided to add THIS instead of the 675LT 🤨
It's clearly a Senna which was turned from a road car to a track only car, embracing the ugliness even more than ever.

I suppose you can't deny that it's memorable, though...

I just have to say that Mclaren Sabre is super ugly. What was Mclaren thinking when they made this thing? And T10 decided to add THIS instead of the 675LT 🤨
Apparently the sabre is an MSO (mclaren special operation) project that is, iirc, mainly to the US. 16 total units.

It is basically a bodykit based on the 720s/senna chassis with design from the VGT, made upon the request of their richest customers.
And mclaren didn't official Market this as a model till this year, despite the first units being delivered like 2 years ago.

Also the 675LT is missing from pretty much all non mobile games. Baffles me completely.

Last edited:
Also the 675LT is missing from pretty much all non mobile games
Maybe there’s an exclusivity deal.

Apparently the sabre is an MSO (mclaren special operation) project that is, iirc, mainly to the US. 16 total units.
Yes. It’s basically a re-styled Senna and was made for the US market after McLaren couldn’t sell the Speedtail there.

Last edited:
For those looking to try the GTP/C Playlist, it seems the Sauber C9, Nissan R91CP and Mazda 787B are the cars of choice. So far I've only been using the R91CP, and with a good tune, it's proven to be a very competent and consistent car with great turning ability, and isn't too harsh on its tires. The only weakness I've noticed is that it's overall top end is lacking, although that might also be down to the tune I've equipped.

I haven't run the other two yet, but based on my experience and observations racing against them, the Sauber C9 seems to be faster than the R91 overall, and the 787B seems to be similar in speed, if not a tad slower than the R91, but possibly harder to handle. The C9 in particular seems to be very fast over a single lap, and as such it usually tops the qualifying charts more often than not. However, it seems like the car has a habit of eating through its tires a bit faster than the R91, as I've also noticed that the C9 tends to lose speed a good bit sooner than the R91 on some longer stints, especially at long tracks like VIR. Again, the Mazda 787B seems to be a little slower than the R91, although it can still hang around. I've think I've spent more time battling against this car more than any other.

Honestly, this playlist is great. So far its been a fun, and very rapid change of pace, and I've been having some fun battles in this series tonight. This is probably where I'll be spending most of my playtime for the next week. I even managed to chalk up my first ever multiplayer win in playlist. :D

As an aside, I've also made a small Spotify playlist for FM23 multiplayer (some NSFW music present), and so far "Rendezvous" from Ace Combat 5 seems to fits really well when racing these Group C cars.

Very intense racing in this series!

I was little bit worried how people will handle such fast cars but I had some clean and nice racing where whoever felt as not being able to just quit after half a lap...

I think I'll also spend quite a lot of time in the series over next few days.

Is anyone here using a SimHub dashboard with the game?

I’m looking around for a decent one as I have a DDU now, and Forza Motorsport supports Data Out.

Fun Facts about the 2021 McLaren Sabre:
  • It was based on the McLaren Senna, but made "exclusively" for the USA.
  • It was US$3,790,000 when new.
  • The Mclaren Sabre was created as a consolation vehicle due to the McLaren Speedtail being probibited from being sold in the USA. The McLaren Speedtail can be driven on US roads only if it is registered as a Show and Display vehicle, but can only drive 2,500 miles (4,023.36 km) per year.
  • Most powerful non-hybrid McLaren ever built.
  • Rear design was inspired by the McLaren Senna GTR.
  • 15 McLaren Sabres were built, but only 12 made it to the USA. The remaining 3 were sold in other countries: 1 in Bahrain (makes sense, as Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund is taking full ownership of McLaren now), 1 in Qatar, and 1 in Lebanon.
  • The McLaren Sabre spec that Turn 10 Studios managed to scan was sourced from Sparky18888 in Connecticut. Sparky's selected paint colour for the Sabre is the default paint colour in Forza Motorsport.
ezgif-1-a5a891a2fd.jpg

ezgif-1-a5a891a2wfd.jpg

• The Mclaren Sabre was created as a consolation vehicle due to the McLaren Speedtail being probibited from being sold in the USA. The McLaren Speedtail can be driven on US roads only if it is registered as a Show and Display vehicle, but can only drive 2,500 miles (4,023.36 km) per year.
  • 15 McLaren Sabres were built, but only 12 made it to the USA. The remaining 3 were sold in other countries: 1 in Bahrain (makes sense, as Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund is taking full ownership of McLaren now), 1 in Qatar, and 1 in Lebanon.
  • The McLaren Sabre spec that Turn 10 Studios managed to scan was sourced from Sparky18888 in Connecticut. Sparky's selected paint colour for the Sabre is the default paint colour in Forza Motorsport.
View attachment 1315255
View attachment 1315256
Any clues on how to fit front wheels and tyres bigger than 245's 🤣

Im starting to really fear the future of the Motorsport series.

Just like how PGR got killed off will they kill off Motorsport just to make way for more Horizon?

Last edited:
Some great cars coming up between January and February. Hell yeah 😎. Interesting note, we have the base Valkyrie and then not long after we are getting the AMR PRO version and also we get the Mclaren Sabre and soon after we are getting the Senna GTR which its based off of.

Last edited:
i was thinking today: I can’t remember the last time I used rewind in FM23. Whereas I used it regularly in FM7 because the cars simply didn’t behave as they should (stupid lift off oversteer and terrible near curbs).

Agreed, I disable it. Only time I ever use it is when playing on the cloud, sometimes get a bad connection mid corner and end up in the sand so rewind is useful then

View attachment 1315255
View attachment 1315256
Pretty wild to see the same car in the game that I saw at a local Starbucks once.
imagejpeg_1.jpg

Still don't know why this was axed at launch, but really want it back.

Last edited:

Just like how PGR got killed off will they kill off Motorsport just to make way for more Horizon?
Probably only if MS feels circuit racing is no longer worth pumping money into (which GT will continue to show otherwise). Otherwise, this remains MS' premier track racer to "move" consoles alongside Horizon.

More Horizon will likely just entail adding on another studio or PG hiring more developers if they need to.

Edit* This game likely needs another solid year or two in content/updates for MS to decide if a switch up is needed. GT7 started out rough, but from what I read in the main forums, it's in a far better & more enjoyable state. Shame that seems to be a bit of a trend now in games.

Last edited:
Probably only if MS feels circuit racing is no longer worth pumping money into (which GT will continue to show otherwise). Otherwise, this remains MS' premier track racer to "move" consoles alongside Horizon.

More Horizon will likely just entail adding on another studio or PG hiring more developers if they need to.

Edit* This game likely needs another solid year or two in content/updates for MS to decide if a switch up is needed. GT7 started out rough, but from what I read in the main forums, it's in a far better & more enjoyable state. Shame that seems to be a bit of a trend now in games.
I agree. Open world environment racing is fun but it's no substitute for learning and racing on real world circuits.

The more people talk this game was a faliue, the more I get afraid that MS will kill motorsport and the only thing we will get will be Horizon or wharever Gran Turismo is nowadays...

I really wanted and give my best to support this game but so far the concensus(besides the good number in Xbox most played lists) is the game had failed and the considering most game publishers are slowying closing down studios and firing people, i think that instead of "we will do better" they will just went to "lets just focus in Horizon""

i dont think that T10 wont be closed like PGR was, specially since T10 makes Forza tech for Horizon, Flight Sim and soon Fable
But i fear MS scaling down T10 even more and close the part that works in mtorosport

Probably only if MS feels circuit racing is no longer worth pumping money into
the thing is, FH5 number only grows while FM numbers are bad as can be outside gamepass

Last edited:
What matters for MS is Gamepass retention numbers along with total sales. Those will decide FM’s fate.
idk about gamepass but sales (at least in PC) not seems that good...
the only hope i have is that MS will buy the "long term GAAS" and keep updating the game and getting it better

Back