Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
I can't believe you put words in my mouth and are responding to things I never said.
Well then isn't it obvious why I criticize T10 more than PD for missing details? Because T10 miss a lot more

Steam is a tiny tiny portion of the FM23 player base. And is currently broken for controller users, so the score is to be expected.

The vast overwhelming majority of FM23 players are on Xbox or Gamepass (Xbox App on PC). Therefore the Steam score is such a tiny percentage of FM23 players as to be totally and utterly irrelevant.
Read the reviews dude, they were poor long before the controller issue.

Last edited:
Well then isn't it obvious why I criticize T10 more than PD for missing details? Because T10 miss a lot more
What's obvious is the point I was trying to make. Assuming that one side doesnt care because of mistakes, than we can do the same for both sides. That mistakes happen doesn't mean they don't care. I shouldn't have to point this out to you.

What I do think is happening is they're biting off more than they can chew and it's getting progressively worse as time goes on as the scope of their games progress into bigger and bigger things. If they didn't care there would be absolutely zero attempts at updating and fixing things. That should also be extremely obvious. So please try responding to things I'm actually saying instead of fabricating what you want it to mean.

Last edited:
What's obvious is the point I was trying to make. Assuming that one side doesnt care because of mistakes, than we can do the same for both sides. That mistakes happen doesn't mean they don't care. I shouldn't have to point this out to you.

What I do think is happening is they're biting off more than they can chew and it's getting progressively worse as time goes on as the scope of their games progress into bigger and bigger things. If they didn't care there would be absolutely zero attempts at updating and fixing things. That should also be extremely obvious. So please try responding to things I'm actually saying instead of fabricating what you want it to mean.
Thanks for clarifying for me. Yes this makes sense, they are over promising and underdelivering. But with 6 years cycle rather than the usual 2, you would have thought THIS would have been the reboot the game really needed, and in many ways this is the worst Forza Motorsport, as an overall package, there has ever been.

Thanks for clarifying for me. Yes this makes sense, they are over promising and underdelivering. But with 6 years cycle rather than the usual 2, you would have thought THIS would have been the reboot the game really needed, and in many ways this is the worst Forza Motorsport, as an overall package, there has ever been.
I also thought this was going to be the return to form that I was hoping for, but unfortunately I haven't played it once since launch week as its just not for me right now. Luckily, I waited because I've been skeptical for the past few iterations at this point and was not going to jump in like I usually do.

My last clear favorite was FM5 by a long shot, it was a much smaller scope and I feel like it helped in that regard. The Smaller car count didnt bother me.

It's not right for me either but this whole disingenuous argument isn't going to justify making the game better. Yes we know FM23 is a disaster, and now, sadly, I can't even enjoy FH5 since the bugs re-emerged two years ago are now back in the current series.

I know FM5 was disappointing but it was at least stable. This reboot is not even stable as many users have attested. Even JPinto himself couldn't do it anymore.

Last edited:
My last clear favorite was FM5 by a long shot, it was a much smaller scope and I feel like it helped in that regard. The Smaller car count didnt bother me.
If you ignore the microtranctions FM5 was actually a great concise, Gran Turismo 3 like game. Quality over quantity. I still personally prefer FM4 because to me that was quality and quantity. FM6 was similarish in that regard but FM5 felt more special because it was the first next gen game and graphically it looked incredible and it still does tbh, I think it looks better than 6.

Steam is a tiny tiny portion of the FM23 player base. And is currently broken for controller users, so the score is to be expected.

The vast overwhelming majority of FM23 players are on Xbox or Gamepass (Xbox App on PC). Therefore the Steam score is such a tiny percentage of FM23 players as to be totally and utterly irrelevant.
How do you know how many PC players the game has on Xbox app rather than Steam? FH5 has nearly 30x the peak concurrent player count on Steam compared to FM:

fmvsfh5steam21dec2023.jpg

I'm not sure why the mix between Steam and Xbox app would be greatly different between FH5 and FM, both were available on Steam at launch. The Steam player count and reviews for FM have been terrible ever since launch.

BTW, FM on Steam may not be broken for all controller users. I'm using a PS5 controller, which needs the Steam translation layer to work. It was working fine before the last update but is now non-functional. It may still work fine for people using an Xbox controller.

Obviously FH5 has a much larger player base than FM23 on all platforms. My point was that Xbox users make up the vast majority of players for Forza and the game works best on that platform. So Steam reviews average has basically no relevance for the majority of the player base.

In my opinion the key metric by which T10 are rated is Gamepass retention. Everything else is minor. Shame we have no easy way of tracking that….

My point was that Xbox users make up the vast majority of players for Forza and the game works best on that platform. So Steam reviews average has basically no relevance for the majority of the player base.
But still, how do you know that Xbox app users are the vast majority on PC? I'm not aware there are any published player numbers to be able to know this.

I have FH4 on both Xbox app and Steam, and it works exactly the same on both. Steam is simply a far better store than the MS / Xbox store, so I never buy anything on the MS / Xbox store now. Steam reviews still show how those users feel about the game, it's not like they are consistently negative towards Forza games. FH4 has 89% positive ratings on Steam. FH5 88%. FM 38%. The reviews complain about the car level system, and the terrible performance on PC, both these things are the same for the Steam version and the Xbox version on PC.

They outsource their cars as well. There was even an article here about it at one point. Not sure why it matters if they're scanning it themselves if they're offsetting the work to someone else. Kind of defeats the point you're attempting to make.

And the whole life essence of the Tesla is that it's literally an electric vehicle that is absolutely incapable of doing the things shown in game. You're making a terrible point here. You're defending something in one game and blaming another game for doing exactly that. How does that even make sense?
They did for gt sport i belive but i dont think thats the case any longer for gt7
proably becouse they needed to boost the car count quick, but we never know if its the case or not, but monthly updates has been much smaller in gt7, but more new to series cars is added through campared to sport, my point i was trying to make is pd is no doubt putting more attention to detail in its car models, this can easily be seen with camparsion between the two games, there is no question about pd passion when it comes to create car models, but the same passion has not carried over for the single player aspect in the game unfortunately, but pd is not alone with lack of proper career mode this goes for fm to and also,seem to follow the new test drive solar clown as well, its a sad state for single player in racing games in general, seems like most devs only care for multiplayer those days

But still, how do you know that Xbox app users are the vast majority on PC? I'm not aware there are any published player numbers to be able to know this.

I have FH4 on both Xbox app and Steam, and it works exactly the same on both. Steam is simply a far better store than the MS / Xbox store, so I never buy anything on the MS / Xbox store now. Steam reviews still show how those users feel about the game, it's not like they are consistently negative towards Forza games. FH4 has 89% positive ratings on Steam. FH5 88%. FM 38%. The reviews complain about the car level system, and the terrible performance on PC, both these things are the same for the Steam version and the Xbox version on PC.
Everything you said it true. But remember that Xbox players have almost zero track racing alternatives. project CARS 2 has really crappy controller support. ACC is great, but very limited. So Steam users with their wide array of PC alternatives can afford to be picky.

P.S. You use Gamepass on the Xbox app. The only reason to buy Forza on the Microsoft Store is if you own both an Xbox and PC and want to play on both devices. But I suspect Gamepass users on the Xbox app make up a much larger number than Steam purchasers.

Last edited:
I must be in a very small minority that really enjoy FM23.
Im with you. I know and I've seen what all the fuss is about regarding FM23 with its issues and honestly a lot the players on here will go on and on all day about this or that but to its core FM is a great game. After 3 nice size updates its been playing just fine for me despite a hiccup or two here n there. I do hope update 4 addresses some more QOL issues that are still present but im having fun otherwise with this game. Im just waiting for more content to drop in the form of tracks, more race cars, and more races in single player.

Im with you. I know and I've seen what all the fuss is about regarding FM23 with its issues and honestly a lot the players on here will go on and on all day about this or that but to its core FM is a great game. After 3 nice size updates its been playing just fine for me despite a hiccup or two here n there. I do hope update 4 addresses some more QOL issues that are still present but im having fun otherwise with this game. Im just waiting for more content to drop in the form of tracks, more race cars, and more races in single player.
The game will be finished in a year or two and will probably be a great experience overall by then, or at least i hope.

They did for gt sport i belive but i dont think thats the case any longer for gt7
proably becouse they needed to boost the car count quick, but we never know if its the case or not, but monthly updates has been much smaller in gt7, but more new to series cars is added through campared to sport, my point i was trying to make is pd is no doubt putting more attention to detail in its car models, this can easily be seen with camparsion between the two games, there is no question about pd passion when it comes to create car models, but the same passion has not carried over for the single player aspect in the game unfortunately, but pd is not alone with lack of proper career mode this goes for fm to and also,seem to follow the new test drive solar clown as well, its a sad state for single player in racing games in general, seems like most devs only care for multiplayer those days
Why would they all of a sudden stop when the goal is exactly the same? Get cars into the game. Not only that, we don't know what they have that just hasnt been released. That doesn't really add up for me. We do know it's a thing that was proved to exist, so what we should assume is that it's still happening. Car models between both games, especially brand new ones, seem more or less on par with each other. Where PD shines full stop is their materials, shaders, and lighting.

Yes the single player campaign for both games is a talking point, but I was addressing your post that only mentioned cars specifically.

Last edited:
You're allowed to enjoy it. No qualms there!

But you must also be able to understand why the game is a tragedy as well for a lot of long time fans? :lol:
I'd say it's various steps forwards and back. Calling it a tragedy when the driving physics and controller tuning are great is a bit much. Yes, they need to sort out a bunch of things, but the core driving gameplay is really good, a huge step forward from FM7.

Why would they all of a sudden stop when the goal is exactly the same? Get cars into the game. Not only that, we don't know what they have that just hasnt been released. That doesn't really add up for me. We do know it's a thing that was proved to exist, so what we should assume is that it's still happening. Car models between both games, especially brand new ones, seem more or less on par with each other. Where PD shines full stop is their materials, shaders, and lighting.

Yes the single player campaign for both games is a talking point, but I was addressing your post that only mentioned cars specifically.
While i agree that GT7 scape models are generally more detailed than FM(2023) Forzavista models in overall detail like interiors and headlight/taillights. That doesn't mean that the models in FM take less time to model or they don't love to add more details to the cars. They take both roughly the same time to model but they have different priorities with the same time budget. GT7 uses that for the extra detail in the interior and smaller details on the outside while FM (2023) uses that for the doors/trunks/bonnet & engine details which is most of the time not modeled in GT7 (engines behind bonnets). You cannot tell me that T10 doesn't have a passion for cars when they have the second best models with one of the most detailed engines out of any game. If you love the car details in GT7 like the headlights/taillights and smaller interior details than you also would love those detailed engines and doors/hood/trunks.

Forza-Motorsport-21-12-2023-20-45-00.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-21-12-2023-20-56-34.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-21-12-2023-20-55-55.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-21-12-2023-21-01-41.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-21-12-2023-20-45-30.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-15-11-2023-18-03-56.jpg

Some of ya'll complain like you bet the house on the studio's share prices, hot damn 🤣

It's seems the extremes are,
Game Pass / Xbox / Controller
vs
Bought / PC / Anything

It's obvious which camp I'm in (cheapskate hahaha)

Last edited:
The game will be finished in a year or two and will probably be a great experience overall by then, or at least i hope.
They have a very long way to go so two years sadly isn't enough. The problem with patches is that many developers and corporations do this to justify rushing out games early. With the amount of bugs this game has gotten, it could take years of bugfixing.

Constructive criticism does go a long way, but sadly, in the era of social media, any form of criticism is apparently bad. It's not.

I drove the Ferrari 296 last night and it felt very similar to what Doug DeMuro described in his review. Everything he said about the driving experience very much rings true in this game, which makes me very happy. For a so-called "entry level" mid-engined Ferrari, it blows all the previous offerings out of the water. I don't care if it has a turbo hybrid V6, it's a fantastic car to drive with excellent handling and a surprising amount of playfulness despite producing a combined 819 HP. The gearbox ensures a smooth power delivery throughout the rev range, and at no point does the engine feel like it's going to run out of breath. Easily one of Ferrari's finest creations.
I must be in a very small minority that really enjoy FM23.
I love the physics, the cars feel so good on a gamepad, the best I've ever felt quite honestly.
Are all of you on Xbox? If you are, tell me your gamer tag and I'll send you friend requests.

Last edited:
You're allowed to enjoy it. No qualms there!

But you must also be able to understand why the game is a tragedy as well for a lot of long time fans? :lol:
Long time fan here, I don't think the game is a tragedy. Physics are the best they've ever been, as is the online racing. Is it perfect? No, but no game ever is.

But seriously, just for the Touring Cars lobbies alone it's worth it for me.

I agree with the fact that the physics are the best of any Forza title so far. I'm sure there are legitimate reasons to be critical. But to say it's hands down the worst Motorsport title out there is ridiculous.
Yes, it's a little short on content as far as vehicle count goes when compared to FM4 or FM7 or Horizon 4/5.
However, those that go on about how perfect FM4 is are looking through rose tinted glasses IMO.
FM4 for one thing did not accurately simulate a 1/4 mile drag in a RWD car. I got better 1/4 mile times in a 2007 Audi S5 than a 2011 M5. It heavily favoured AWD cars and there was ridiculous wheelspin in the majority of RWD cars.
That's just one issue.

I agree with the fact that the physics are the best of any Forza title so far. I'm sure there are legitimate reasons to be critical. But to say it's hands down the worst Motorsport title out there is ridiculous.
Yes, it's a little short on content as far as vehicle count goes when compared to FM4 or FM7 or Horizon 4/5.
However, those that go on about how perfect FM4 is are looking through rose tinted glasses IMO.
FM4 for one thing did not accurately simulate a 1/4 mile drag in a RWD car. I got better 1/4 mile times in a 2007 Audi S5 than a 2011 M5. It heavily favoured AWD cars and there was ridiculous wheelspin in the majority of RWD cars.
That's just one issue.

Yes the grip in drag with rwd cars was not the gretest, thankfully this could be solved with an jtag Xbox 360, i did it my self, the things you could mod with gamedb was crazy, made to completly different game, but even as standard its by far the best forza motorsport to date,

Back