Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
I thought it was the 2019 Ferrari 488 GTE (actually the EVO) as mentioned in the Steam DB. But nonetheless, the Nissan Turbo Corps are finally gonna be complete in one game.
These are just extrapolated from the internal names, they don't always match the real thing, for example GT7's 1975 Ferrari 308 GTB is listed as a 1978 internally.

What are people's thoughts on this? While I have mixed feelings regarding the video, ultimately T10 only have themselves to blame. A decent career mode could be a console seller regardless of the game's flaws. And I can't get my head around why they dropped the option to increase career races length from FM7 (something GT has never offered) for Challenge the Grid™.

What are people's thoughts on this? While I have mixed feelings regarding the video, ultimately T10 only have themselves to blame. A decent career mode could be a console seller regardless of the game's flaws. And I can't get my head around why they dropped the option to increase career races length from FM7 (something GT has never offered) for Challenge the Grid™.

T10 graphically have come up short. Very nice video, but considering the kind of discourse and arguments Rich had to get into, while making this video, I don't think it was worth it.
Hope T10 is watching closely. Most of the visual impact is done by the extremely dull tone of the game, which is very unsaturated and with a red/yellow hue, like games from the 2000s. atleast on PC, Nvidia Filters/ReShade can help, but a lot of Console players will have to suffer through the colors.
The rest of the graphics will need work, and they know it, considering that there is an intention to bring RTGI into the game. It won't upgrade the car models and textures, but it can make the lighting as consistent as can be (unless Nvidia decides to step in and help with Path Tracing).

The rest of the game needs to be more of a game. More events (DO NOT REMOVE THE NEW THEMED CHAMPIONSHIPS) are very welcome.
A tab in the career races consisting of Division and Class based championships that have randomized tracks and conditions (but customizable length) could be great too.

OFC i have repeatedly said this, but ill say it again (https://forums.forza.net/t/sponsor-system-to-aid-balance-car-xp/617956).
A Sponsor system that rewards the player for doing mini challenges, as per sponsors picked by the player, such as:

• Qualify higher than X
  • Finish higher than X
  • Overtake X cars
  • Complete a race with X assist off/on
  • Perfect 3 corners
  • Hit X Mph
    and so on. As for rewards, these can be anything from:
  • Simple 2x or 1.5x Multiplier to Car XP
  • Credits (e.g… +1000Cr.)
  • Driver Gear
  • Badges
  • Sponsor Stickers (of the fictional variety)
  • Forza Edition cars (or cars with specialized liveries)
    Of course, the sponsors can be fictional, of which a lot can be seen in the footage so far.
IF this sounds familiar, then it is because it is a slightly altered version of the Mod cards system. Instead of buying mods, you can just have challenges you pick under the name of your sponsor. THese can be tiered similar to FH’s star system. Where, for example, Finishing 3rd is 1 star, 2nd is 2 stars and 1st is 3 stars. More stars means more rewards. They key differences that these can’t be bought, and that these do not give the player advantages during a race (like additional grip).
This does mean that players will have the choice of picking the challenges that they are comfortable with, instead of buying mod packs. This can work well with the “career” aspect of the player too.

This will add additional incentive to take risks, and add variety to gameplay loops, while theoretically being familiar to the developers.

As a smaller note, Manufacturer affinity could be brought back to add simple boosts to Car XP and credits, or to just add a discount to the next car from that manufacturer that can be purchased by the player, alongside driver gear and badges.

Also remove the car level locks for parts. Let the system solely rely on Car points.

The cars and tracks will keep coming, and i assume most of it is set in stone for the foreseeable future. Unranked Hoppers would be a good addition too. Maybe the racing might get cleaner in Ranked lobbies. A monthly rank reset might also help cleaning up the higher lobbies.

OFC stuff form FH5 like livery editor (with paintable glass), Photo Mode, Creative Hub with codes, Newer upgrades like tire profile, anti lag etc. should get added to FM as well.

I thought about watching it, but I have GT7 and I have Forza, I know what they both look like, I don't need someone else to tell me what the difference is. I just find Forza offers me more of the content that I want, no amount of polish or extra detail is going to change that, so instead, I spent that hour I could have spent and played Forza instead

DF is all about the graphical engine quality, not gameplay, so that is what they talk about.
Shame they couldn't make a HDR version of that video, I'd really like to see that comparison.

Personally I have always accepted that Polyphony Digital are REALLY good at lighting and exceptionally good at tiny detail on car models. Even in the GT5/6 era I found them miles ahead of Turn 10's efforts. I felt that the difference was reduced in the HDR era with FH5 in particular looking really good, but FM23 struggles to match FH5.

So in the end, FM23 isn't a console system seller to the same extent that GT7 or especially FH5 are. But I do really enjoy FM23's driving experience with controller, which is what matters most in a circuit racing game. FH5 is still my favourite game with cars, though. It's always so much fun to play.

These are my thoughts: There was a time when Microsoft Games Studios (or Xbox Games Studios now) confidently took on PlayStation games to actually strive for hardware/software supremacy, in the 360 and even the early Xbox One eras. This gave us true flagship franchises: Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, to name a few, and you could argue that FM4 and 6 were superior to GT5-6 at that time.

But since Phil Spencer himself admitted that the console "war" is lost for good, now the company avoids any talk of competing head-on with Sony's products, and instead works inwards, towards Game Pass subscriptions and cloud gaming now and in the future, and IMO this Forza Motorsport ("built from the ground up" TM) is a product of that fraidy philosophy and it's sad, because it's neither a flagship title, nor is a console/software mover, it's just another offer for GP that aims to cater to live service and broad "engagement".

And I have played Gran Turismo games before, in the PS1 to PS3 eras, and like it or not, it is a game that follows a clear vision/path from its creator, Mr. Yamauchi Kazunori, and you may agree with it or not (read the GT forums here and elsewhere), but this gives it distinction and focus for what it intends to do, while FM has steadily declined from its peak in FM4.

FM in its current form is more good than bad, and I play it, but it could really be so much better if someone just said "F... it, we are going after GT!"

No, I'm not going to watch that 1-hour video...

Looks like the following may possibly come at some point. Grain of salt as always, as sometimes things don't make it to release.

Ferrari #62 488 GTE '18
Cadillac #3 ATS GT3 '15
Chevrolet #3 Camaro TA '19 (might've already been on that Steam DLC list)
Lexus #14 RC F GT3 '20 (seen in track posters I believe)
Nissan #23 Silvia Super Silhouette '83
Lotus #12 98T '86
Seriously leaked too? for the super Siloette silvia by hoshino kazuyoshi coz not on leaked list previously

So the most recent in-game message about the Car Pass cars says "Car Pass includes 30 new-to-Motorsport cars." The Car Pass in the MS store still says "new-to-Forza cars" though...

We tried to run a little Trans Am race with small group from our league the other night, but everyone who picked the Challenger had no engine sound. Not sure when this became a thing because I've used it in multiplayer before and had engine sound, but looking around in some other league Discords and stuff, I see many other people reporting it too. Another issue to add to the list I guess.

So the most recent in-game message about the Car Pass cars says "Car Pass includes 30 new-to-Motorsport cars." The Car Pass in the MS store still says "new-to-Forza cars" though...
Yeah, the 2018 Huracan Super Trofeo Evo is already in FH5. I'm disappointed they walked back the "New to Forza" promise.

Multiplayer is one of the things they actually got right imo. However, it has it's own issues aswell.

The skill and safety rating doesn't work, i'm guessing because there just arn't enough people playing the game. There is no way people of equal skill and safety rating are being matched, no way. How many races are there that you see people being lapped, or not having a clue how an actual corner should be taken.

The races need to be longer for any kind of strategy to make a difference. Right now you just put enough fuel in and either put medium or hard tires on to get you to the end of the race. Not really much strategy involved

But other than that i'm with you on the multiplayer, best it's ever been. (As are the physics) Just wish they'd make the races longer.
You have to make a pitstop in most races and figure out what tyres to use. Do you use the soft tyre on both stints, the medium tyre or a mix of both? There is an element of strategy. Also the skill and safety rating is pretty good if you ask me. Unfortunately it's never going to be perfect every time but I can honestly live with that. Not every race will be ultra-competitive all the time - there's bound to be a few outliers so don't let that ruin your experience.

You have to make a pitstop in most races and figure out what tyres to use. Do you use the soft tyre on both stints, the medium tyre or a mix of both? There is an element of strategy. Also the skill and safety rating is pretty good if you ask me. Unfortunately it's never going to be perfect every time but I can honestly live with that. Not every race will be ultra-competitive all the time - there's bound to be a few outliers so don't let that ruin your experience.
In my experience i think i've only ever seen 1 race where everyone pitted due to hards not lasting till the end. I've mainly been racing in the open series testing tunes so not sure if other series require a pit stop but for the most part mediums or hards usually do you for the entire race.

The safety and skill rating is definitely a move in the right direction, as is the penalty system, but again in my experience there is no way it is matching the entire lobby to the same skill and safety rating. If you qualify then it's normally fine because you start near the front, but if you don't and start near the back then it is a mess and full of people who either don't have a clue what they're doing or those who don't care about their safety rating.

DF is all about the graphical engine quality, not gameplay, so that is what they talk about.
They usually only focus on graphics and performance but they do touch on content for that video, and GT got the nod.
but it could really be so much better if someone just said "F... it, we are going after GT!"
They did, but only for the MP imo, look at the different type of new events that gets compared to the single-player.

Last edited:
I think down the line they will add plenty of race car events for single player, I mean they have no choice especially with the cars they keep adding and will keep adding..the inevitable will happen we just have to wait a bit longer. Theres only but so much you can do with road cars and exotics whereas race cars have multi class, more then a dozen different divisions, hundreds of cars dispersed amongst the divisions and many levels and styles of race cars to choose from.

First seen in Motorsport, but it was playable in Horizon firsthand.
Not quite, the 2015 Huracan Super Trofeo 1st gen was in FM previously.
The 2018 Huracan Super Trofeo Evo (gen 2 of this car) was first seen in FH5 and will be in the Car Pass for FM23.

I did an extended post about it a few pages ago.... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eneral-discussion-thread.409544/post-14155501

I also mentioned that there is a 2021 Huracan Super Trofeo Evo II, which is in ACC but will not be coming to FM23.

Edit: P.S. If you start a Forza GT race in Free Play mode, you will probably get AI using both the 2015 and 2018 Huracan STs in race. They appear to have the exact liveries as shown in the post I linked above, so you can tell them apart in game.

Last edited:
There are SO many race cars in the game, where are the race car events

On MP I know 😆
Have you tried just creating Free Play races with the race car classes? I really like the way you set racing conditions, then it randomly selects the next track for you once you finish a race (but you can skip tracks you don't like if they turn up). You don't get a practice session, but you do get carXP and credits for each race.

Coming back to T10 and new cars for a moment.

This month we got two unexpected things:
  1. A Spotlight car was announced which was already in the game (Pininfarina Battista) rather than being a new addition to the game for the first time, breaking their original approach. The Battista is a really bad fit for the class, and the picture of that week's event looks suspiciously like the Maserati MC20, which could easily have been the originally planned car.
  2. A planned Car Pass car was listed which isn't new to Forza, only new to Motorsport (Huracan Super Trofeo Evo), breaking their clear commitment to give us 30 new-to-Forza cars in the Car Pass. And for some reason they are giving us the 2018 Super Trofeo Evo as a car pass car one week before giving us the 2015 Super Trofeo as a Spotlight car. Again because a car fell through somehow?

So to me it looks like T10 are struggling with either modelling or licensing. I suspect they were originally planning to give us the MC20 as spotlight car this week, and they originally intended to give us the Huracan Super Trofeo Evo as spotlight car and the Huracan GT3 as new-to-Forza car pass car, but both the MC20 and Huracan GT3 fell through somehow.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Have you tried just creating Free Play races with the race car classes? I really like the way you set racing conditions, then it randomly selects the next track for you once you finish a race (but you can skip tracks you don't like if they turn up). You don't get a practice session, but you do get carXP and credits for each race.

Coming back to T10 and new cars for a moment.

This month we got two unexpected things:
  1. A Spotlight car was announced which was already in the game (Pininfarina Battista) rather than being a new addition to the game for the first time, breaking their original approach. The Battista is a really bad fit for the class, and the picture of that week's event looks suspiciously like the Maserati MC20, which could easily have been the originally planned car.
  2. A planned Car Pass car was listed which isn't new to Forza, only new to Motorsport (Huracan Super Trofeo Evo), breaking their clear commitment to give us 30 new-to-Forza cars in the Car Pass. And for some reason they are giving us the 2018 Super Trofeo Evo as a car pass car one week before giving us the 2015 Super Trofeo as a Spotlight car. Again because a car fell through somehow?

So to me it looks like T10 are struggling with either modelling or licensing. I suspect they were originally planning to give us the MC20 as spotlight car this week, and they originally intended to give us the Huracan Super Trofeo Evo as spotlight car and the Huracan GT3 as new-to-Forza car pass car, but both the MC20 and Huracan GT3 fell through somehow.

What do you guys think?
Seems like a proper theory especially since we rarely know what happens behind closed doors. I do hope we get both of those cars though because even though both trofeo huracans fit into the GT category technically speaking, they should realistically have their own division and the GT3 EVO should be the correct GT class car and not to mention T10's relationship with Lambo lately. The beautiful new on the block exotic maserati MC2O has been speculated for months now even being somewhat leaked for FH5 but still no avail.

Last edited:

I couldn't agree with you more! I kind of expected it given all the interviews that I watched leading up to release.

This game has disappointed me in such a way that it's pushed me back to PC2 and I jumped right into my old career and it was fantastic.

On console, if someone wants a good career mode they have to play PC2 or f123 (or I guess any recent F1 game).

For pure raw championship series type racing it's ACC

I'm beyond frustrated because I thought for it's a motorsport would be a combination of all those games

In my experience i think i've only ever seen 1 race where everyone pitted due to hards not lasting till the end. I've mainly been racing in the open series testing tunes so not sure if other series require a pit stop but for the most part mediums or hards usually do you for the entire race.
Yeah you don't need to pit in the open class events, but you have to in the Touring Car and GT races.

Back