Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
Wow, this looks goooood 🤤

View attachment 1317657

Right!!

I'm hoping we will the GT3 at some point, it looks amazing, and will be a good base to dress up in V8 Supercar liveries even though it won't be quite the same beast

ford-mustang-gt-gen3-1.jpg

So anyway, do you guys use fully upgraded cars in the open class championship or do you take cars from within the class range and let the AI match?

I use it as an opportunity to upgrade a car's level, find something in C class or even below, if below I'll do some free play to get it working in C class, then depending on whether I'm enjoying the car I'll continue using the same car in the B, A etc events. Works well, there's no incentive to get gold in these events so I don't feel the need to be super-competitive, instead I just enter the events, run my own race, and enjoy the racing, I like it, nice and chill

I didn't mean to offend, it's my opinion. I'm generalising of course but where I've grown up at least, hardly any women I know give a **** about cars, none of my girlfriends have, they don't know or care when I spoke about being excited seeing a certain car in the street. This is not a bad thing btw because we're just different in ways. But It's what I observed and obviously all our perceptions are built from our experiences. Maybe I am narrow minded, but I'm not being deceptive or purposefully dismissive, I'm just being honest in sharing my opinion which is obviously not very popular here in the slightest. I'll stop though because it's obviously not constructive.
Hardly any men give a **** about cars either. You are in car-focused spaces that are male-dominated. Your perspective on the greater population of the world is warped. Women rarely feel welcome in such spaces, and people like you are the reason.

The majority of men see cars the same way the majority of women do. They're a tool to get places.

Hardly any men give a **** about cars either. You are in car-focused spaces that are male-dominated. Your perspective on the greater population of the world is warped. Women rarely feel welcome in such spaces, and people like you are the reason.

The majority of men see cars the same way the majority of women do. They're a tool to get places.
I would never insult a women if she was a car nerd, quite the opposite actually. I'd be pleasantly surprised

I would never insult a women if she was a car nerd, quite the opposite actually. I'd be pleasantly surprised
Let's be completely honest. That last image. Do you really think they are car nerds? Because I don't. I have nothing against women, and female car enthusiasts completely exist, but the vast, vast majority don't know what e36 or r34 even means. We're just wired differently. But it seems nowadays you HAVE to diversify. So you end up potentially losing a car nerd hire because you have to fill your quota of women and PoC over what really matters. What I mean is car nerds come in all shapes and sizes. But because of pressure to hire women and PoC they end up hiring people that aren't as qualified because it fills their quota.

USA became so comfortable it got bored, and started self sabotaging. If we run out of problems we create them. Same as Roman empire, history repeats itself. Humans will always human. We always implode.
please be serious for a moment

How do we know those women in that screengrab are car nerds though? It's all just assumptions from either end
Why does it even matter one way or the other? They are paid to do a certain job, so long as they are deemed sufficient at it I really don't see how their interests have any affect.

Hell I've known mechanics that aren't all that interested in cars but they are good at fixing things.

So why did you make the assumption in the first place when you don't know they aren't?
Well I did not post it originally, but I replied to Famine who asked why looks mean anything when it comes to being a car nerd or not, and you know my argument so I won't say it again.

BTW i think were still carrying on this convo because there is not enough to talk about with the actual game itself, thats a problem.

Last edited:
Forza Monthly date announcement should be soon, right? Maybe if the update is good enough it can get me to start playing the game again.

It can't be understated how much of a disservice they've done to campaign players and singleplayer users in general. I thought it was just the fact that October was a terrible month for me souring my opinion on the game but I gave it a few more honest tries and I just couldn't get into it. I really hope they're thinking about adding more diversity of events to the career because I really miss autocross.

A roadmap to see what they're planning would be nice, but this is Turn 10 so that's probably not possible.

That is bizarre. Also why are the ground textures so blurry? In FM7 they were very sharp textures designed for 4k with the Xbox one X which also came to the PC version.

So anyway, do you guys use fully upgraded cars in the open class championship or do you take cars from within the class range and let the AI match?
Haven’t done much of these, but most of my single player I’m not maxing the cars out for the class allowed. I find some of them are more pleasurable with less modifications.

Last edited:
I hope they fix the missing trackside details and foliage this time because last time they made it worse. They still haven't put it in the known issues list :banghead:

Find the 10 differences in these pictures
forzzzz2.jpg

forzzzz1.jpg
I knew it was a thing already, but they made it worse?? Are we sure this isn't a settings difference? This is so strange if it's real.

I knew it was a thing already, but they made it worse?? Are we sure this isn't a settings difference? This is so strange if it's real.
Its my own comparison that i make after every update to see if they fixed it. But to my surprise they made it even worse. Both pc shots are maxed out at 4k DLAA btw.

Its my own comparison that i make after every update to see if they fixed it. But to my surprise they made it even worse. Both pc shots are maxed out at 4k DLAA btw.

What dynamic render quality setting do you use? This was bugged before the most recent update, wonder if they reduced some of that detail while fixing the inherent bug with DRQ. Before Update 3 i used High and adjusted resolution scaling, but since last update I upped to Ultra and set FSR to quality which gave me a much sharper image with about the same FPS, didn't need to adjust resolution scaling anymore.

The next 6 car pass cars (after the 956 on 11th) should be
2019 McLaren Senna GTR (18th Jan)
2019 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 488 GTE (25th Jan)
2022 Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro (1st Feb)
1966 Lotus type 35 (8th Feb)
2015 Cadillac #3 Cadillac Racing ATS-V.R (15th Feb)
2018 Ford #98 Breathless Pro Racing TA Mustang (22nd Feb)
Remind me not to waste ÂŁ30 again next time.
"Here are 30 cars. As a single player you will be able to use exactly ZERO NIL NONE NADA in any mode except Rivals". What the hell is the use of this Multiplayer only car pass to at least 2/3 of the people playing the game?

What dynamic render quality setting do you use? This was bugged before the most recent update, wonder if they reduced some of that detail while fixing the inherent bug with DRQ. Before Update 3 i used High and adjusted resolution scaling, but since last update I upped to Ultra and set FSR to quality which gave me a much sharper image with about the same FPS, didn't need to adjust resolution scaling anymore.
Everything on ultra and 4K DLAA (the highest setting DLSS).

Remind me not to waste ÂŁ30 again next time.
"Here are 30 cars. As a single player you will be able to use exactly ZERO NIL NONE NADA in any mode except Rivals". What the hell is the use of this Multiplayer only car pass to at least 2/3 of the people playing the game?
I don’t like that players are incentivised to spend on a Car Pass before its contents are revealed.

As soon as it’s up for pre-order, all cars should be listed (yes, I know how tricky vehicle licensing can be). This is why Codemasters pushed for the EA SPORTS WRC car list to be published in its entirety less than 2 weeks after the official reveal of the game (it could have been earlier, but like I said, licensing).

That way people like yourself can make informed decisions ahead of time instead of having to go in blind (since they bundle Car Pass with the “play 5 days early” offer) and regretting it afterwards.

Last edited:
You can race them all in Quick Play races against the AI.

It’s not new for Forza to give you a career and then for quick races to be where you actually enjoy racing the cars you want on the tracks you want - this has always been the way as far back as FM3 (I didn’t play 1-2 so not sure about them).

But yeah, 30 racing cars was not what I expected from the car pass. I was assuming we’d get a mix including road cars, but the road cars are all coming as spotlight free updates.

I don't really think I should be expected to make my own career mode simply because they couldn't be bothered, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially a post they made recently on their socials about making your own endurance races in freeplay; could you not have thrown a few into the career yourself?

Besides, even freeplay can't bring back certain types of challenges/races from previous motorspot games.

Free Play is better than Career in a number of ways and that’s literally all I do other than getting the reward cars. No annoying practice, any number of laps, any track, any layout, any Division. I just go to “My Cars” pick a car then pick “Race in Free Play” and I race until I get to 50 and I’m having great fun. I love the cars and I love the Divisions even if they make a few mistakes where they put certain cars. I’ve never once touched Rivals because I suck and I want to race AI at my level not be constantly reminded how bad I am. If you can’t figure out how to use a particular car it’s right there, Free Play.

Edit: I only played the first Forza and FH5, so not much to compare

Last edited:
Free Play is better than Career in a number of ways and that’s literally all I do other than getting the reward cars. No annoying practice, any number of laps, any track, any layout, any Division. I just go to “My Cars” pick a car then pick “Race in Free Play” and I race until I get to 50 and I’m having great fun. I love the cars and I love the Divisions even if they make a few mistakes where they put certain cars. I’ve never once touched Rivals because I suck and I want to race AI at my level not be constantly reminded how bad I am. If you can’t figure out how to use a particular car it’s right there, Free Play.

Edit: I only played the first Forza and FH5, so not much to compare
Finally another person who spends a lot of time in freeplay like me and actually enjoys it. 🍻

Back