Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
How come I only have a 6.02 GB update on Steam? I'm missing out on all the fixes. lol
1705432661747.png

Well they definitely fixed a lot of car bugs which is great. Some audio improvements once again always good to see, im satisfied with this update. Looking forward to update 5

I was prepared to be disappointed based on the "minor fixes" heads up they gave, and sure would have liked to see replays fixed on the list which is disappointing, but I'm actually really impressed with the amount of fixes they have made to various pieces of content, the team working on these details must have been working overtime in December

There is always a best car.

People will find the next one within a week and complain anyway.
Pretty sure that said title will move to the 2018 Huracan Super Trofeo Evo, although it is a much harder car to get max performance out of.

Finally I’m done with this godforsaken levelling system for the time being, such a grind.

Got my grip car and my power car for every class, plus a few series specific cars.

Now to sell off the fluff and get my minimal garage back.

Side-note: If you’re going for the 30 cars at Level 50 Achievement, they all need to be in your garage at the same time.

I sold off a few cars early in October and they didn’t count.

1705443037464.jpeg

Last edited:
The Canon EOS and Crown Hotel logos have been removed off of the Trans Am Oldsmobile with this new update, disappointing. I understand the reasoning, but the cars just feel so incomplete. The quality of user created livery just don’t compare to the dev created ones (not a comment on the skill of designers, just graphic quality of created logos).

Also, a nit pick, but I hate how they’ve just plonked a concrete wall in the run off between the entry and exit of the Daytona Road Course. Could’ve been detailed better than a unrealistic concrete wall.

I wish there had a way to make all the cars equally good and peformance depend of driver instead of setups or car settings

The only way to do this is to make all cars identical with different facades. It's a problem that real world race series suffer as well, and all sim's have the same problem, you can find the "meta" car in every competitive racing game.
However, the bi-product of having multiple tracks featured in the lobby rotations means we do see some variety, no single car is truly overpowered on all tracks, and even the overpowered Audi's in GT/TC had better alternatives on some tracks, for example the Audi TC on hards on the Le Mans full circuit, 4 laps, it's tires are dead about 1/2 way through the last lap, I've managed to win a couple of races here in a decidedly non-meta Focus, driving right past the Audi's on the last lap.
Same thing for the Open class lobbies, the Miata is obviously pretty overpowered in many of them, but when Road America layouts come around it has to sacrifice too much handling in order to make it competitive in the speed department, and I've had a few good races in heavy V8 cars around this track

The Canon EOS and Crown Hotel logos have been removed off of the Trans Am Oldsmobile with this new update, disappointing. I understand the reasoning, but the cars just feel so incomplete. The quality of user created livery just don’t compare to the dev created ones (not a comment on the skill of designers, just graphic quality of created logos).
Well, the Forza paint livery community is that solution, despite the less pixel quality. We don't have to care about the licensing issues, just the ToS Turn 10 Studios provided.

I hope that PGG and T10 work together to implement/develop/update the common features between their games like the livery editor, tuning system, photomode, forzavista, creative hub, rivals etc.
I really don't know why these aren't carried over.
Agreed. Even if the code is different the ideas should be similar.

Also it would be nice if Forza Motorsport liveries could be ported to Forza Horizon 5.

Given the paltry number of Steam users I wish they hadn’t invested in cross save between Steam and Xbox. That tech probably caused much of the saved game issues.
I don't think that can be causing any issues, as all they've done is make the Steam version use Xbox for the cloud saves, it doesn't use the Steam cloud save functionality at all. I imagine the Steam version simply uses the exact same code for handling saving to Xbox cloud as the Xbox version.

Has anyone found any of the new tracks in the Permanent Career events? I know T10 said they'd been integrated in the UTub video, but I didn't see it the patch notes?

Well, the Forza paint livery community is that solution, despite the less pixel quality. We don't have to care about the licensing issues, just the ToS Turn 10 Studios provided.
Man, this makes me wish they sort things out with the default liveries of most race cars in the game, as a lot of them seem to be broken or incomplete.

They have sent cease and desists to many people for using their IP on ingame liveries
How did they cost you a fortune with this? Please share the whole story.

I remember a case (here in Germany) where someone put their livery on his car for years and suddenly had to remove it (not remembering if just the logos or the classic blue/teal colorswitch too) but sounds like quiet an interesting case how it would work out on liverys in a game. How they could get to personal data from players seems to me like a huge data privacy issue in itself here in Germany.

Martini does this too for real cars using their logos/stripes which probably has to do with sublicensing to Porsche who are selling those decals to their customers for a lot of money but never heard of a case for virtual liverys. I mean sounds kind of a bit silly to me annoying your fans and probably customers for creating liverys in a video game but companys did other stupid things in the past hurting their reputation.

Last edited:
How did they cost you a fortune with this? Please share the whole story.

I remember a case (here in Germany) where someone put their livery on his car for years and suddenly had to remove it (not remembering if just the logos or the classic blue/teal colorswitch too) but sounds like quiet an interesting case how it would work out on liverys in a game. How they could get to personal data from players seems to me like a huge data privacy issue in itself here in Germany.

Martini does this too for real cars using their logos/stripes which probably has to do with sublicensing to Porsche who are selling those decals to their customers for a lot of money but never heard of a case for virtual liverys. I mean sounds kind of a bit silly to me annoying your fans and probably customers for creating liverys in a video game but companys did other stupid things in the past hurting their reputation.
It happened during FM4-times and I remade the Porsche GT3 Falken. After some time I got a letter from a known law firm that they got my IP from the network provider and that I shared IP that wasn’t mine (explicitly the use of Falken Logos and the colors).
It wasn’t initiated by Falken themselves, but it’s a big problem here in Germany that law firms are sending these letters to get money for themselves, even if the brand/person has nothing to do with it…
In the end I had to pay the fees of the consultation by my lawyer that got the case dropped pretty easily. I think the law firm sending it wanted more than 100k € (10€ per download)…

Last edited:
It happened during FM4-times and I remade the Porsche GT3 Falken. After some time I got a letter from a known law firm that they got my IP from the network provider and that I shared IP that wasn’t mine (explicitly the use of Falken Logos and the colors).
It wasn’t initiated by Falken themselves, but it’s a big problem here in Germany that law firms are sending these letters to get money for themselves, even if the brand/person has nothing to do with it…
In the end I had to pay the fees of the consultation by my lawyer that got the case dropped pretty easily. I think the law firm sending it wanted more than 100k € (10€ per download)…
Wow ok. Hope you have got a legal insurance since.

Back