Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,381 comments
Took the new Car Pass cars for a spin and it's a mixed bag.

The Valkyrie AMR Pro or whatever is weird. All the downforce it has over the regular version really makes a huge difference and it is insanely fast, to the point that it feels like an arcade game or something. It also has this weird sproingy-ness to it above like 120mph, on the straights it's kinda like porpoising but it also does it in corners too and it's distracting, and in very high speed cornering it's pretty unnerving. Obviously can't tune it yet so dunno if it's fixable.

The Caddy TA car is another TA car. Really nothing to say here and drives pretty much exactly like the other two. Has a cute little "anything worth doing is worth overdoing" slogan on the rear of it. It should be more popular with cockpit drivers as it is a bit easier to see out of than the other two.

Ferrari 488 GTE is pretty much what you would expect it to be too. Like it's fine, but nothing special and not my first choice of GTE car, and obviously dunno how it will do in the hoppers yet. I see some people elsewhere arguing that it isn't even an Evo model, but actually just a 2017 model that Risi ran without the Evo kit at Daytona in 2019 which is why it's called a 2019 in-game but... I can't really care.

For the "Featured Cars" I forgot to try the 430 and didn't care to drive the Murcielago (I'd bet the house on understeer), but '65 Giulia, new Giulia and 124 all drive like you would expect. Of course everyone can drive the Delta now, it has a weird blow-off valve noise or something... seems to work okay in hood/cockpit view, but in chase cam it just makes a little tick/scratching noise?

Also can confirm the Sauber sound still sucks (I can't even tell if it has changed), and the TA Challenger makes noise again (although the brake lights are still stuck on).

The kerbs at Yas Marina are definitely much improved, and so far I haven't totaled my car on any of the red anti-cut squares of death at Silverstone which is kind of a small/specific detail but a big thing at the same time.

Also when the colors glitch in private lobbies, the Valkyrie AMR Pro's metallic green looks beautiful on the Giulia sedan and Delta, going to have to try to figure out how to make it with the custom color thing.

So when you get a whole lot of cars the game will actually crash instead of hanging for 15 seconds when you look at your garage and the game has been running for an hour. I didn’t think a memory leak would be an issue on a console game but it seems to be the case.
Happens with as few as 20 cars sometimes.

I get it real bad, nearly guaranteed, if I decide to scroll through the grid on a multiplayer race. Near guaranteed crash to dashboard. Which sucks, because I adore it being able to look through and see all the liveries.

I love the Delta getting its own series (the intros for race series are a big improvement over FM7) and the idea of the GTA as a prize car instead of the usual hypercar but wish they came up with a new race spec model to stop that nagging recycled content feeling.
I am ok giving them a pass for January since the entire team must have been working heavy overtime to release and needed a break. But hopefully they can give us some serious fixes and some decent new vehicle content from the next patch onwards.

Edit: I was browsing the Reddit Forza forum recently and saw a post with one after another all recommending FM7 over FM23. Am I the weird one in feeling that the new physics and controller experience is such a huge step forwards from FM7 that I can't understand their preference?

Do these guys only race specific tuned aero-based cars in FM7 to get round the massive lift off oversteer annoyances? Do they not care about the vast improvements to curb behaviour in FM23?

Last edited:
I was browsing the Reddit Forza forum recently and saw a post with one after another all recommending FM7 over FM23. Am I the weird one in feeling that the new physics and controller experience is such a huge step forwards from FM7 that I can't understand their preference?

Do these guys only race specific tuned aero-based cars in FM7 to get round the massive lift off oversteer annoyances? Do they not care about the vast improvements to curb behaviour in FM23?

I deleted FM7 the minute I exited out of FM8 the first time, I don't think I'll ever install it again. In addition to what you mentioned, I love Toyota car's, they're probably my most used brand in these style of games, and I think FM7 has maybe 1 from a DLC? Additionally, for me the game is unplayable on a wheel, no amount of settings changes fix the fundamental flaws with its wheel support. Oh and to top it off, FM7 randomly crashes after a few minutes if you have a refresh rate that is not in multiples of 60hz, before I found this out, I would get about 3 laps in to a race and it would just CTD, in FM8 I haven't had a single CTD on either Xbox or PC while in the middle of a race

Took the new Car Pass cars for a spin and it's a mixed bag.

The Valkyrie AMR Pro or whatever is weird. All the downforce it has over the regular version really makes a huge difference and it is insanely fast, to the point that it feels like an arcade game or something. It also has this weird sproingy-ness to it above like 120mph, on the straights it's kinda like porpoising but it also does it in corners too and it's distracting, and in very high speed cornering it's pretty unnerving. Obviously can't tune it yet so dunno if it's fixable.

The Caddy TA car is another TA car. Really nothing to say here and drives pretty much exactly like the other two. Has a cute little "anything worth doing is worth overdoing" slogan on the rear of it. It should be more popular with cockpit drivers as it is a bit easier to see out of than the other two.

Ferrari 488 GTE is pretty much what you would expect it to be too. Like it's fine, but nothing special and not my first choice of GTE car, and obviously dunno how it will do in the hoppers yet. I see some people elsewhere arguing that it isn't even an Evo model, but actually just a 2017 model that Risi ran without the Evo kit at Daytona in 2019 which is why it's called a 2019 in-game but... I can't really care.

For the "Featured Cars" I forgot to try the 430 and didn't care to drive the Murcielago (I'd bet the house on understeer), but '65 Giulia, new Giulia and 124 all drive like you would expect. Of course everyone can drive the Delta now, it has a weird blow-off valve noise or something... seems to work okay in hood/cockpit view, but in chase cam it just makes a little tick/scratching noise?

Also can confirm the Sauber sound still sucks (I can't even tell if it has changed), and the TA Challenger makes noise again (although the brake lights are still stuck on).

The kerbs at Yas Marina are definitely much improved, and so far I haven't totaled my car on any of the red anti-cut squares of death at Silverstone which is kind of a small/specific detail but a big thing at the same time.

Also when the colors glitch in private lobbies, the Valkyrie AMR Pro's metallic green looks beautiful on the Giulia sedan and Delta, going to have to try to figure out how to make it with the custom color thing.
The Senna GTR seems like it has the wrong sound too. Just a turbocharged, loud generic V8 for no reason when in real life its actually as quiet as a 720s but with way more grip and braking.

Last edited:
Regarding the physics, I started playing right on the release for 2-3 days and experienced a quiet massive change in the handling (liked it very much, way more challenging when my career started in the Civic Type-R). With bad performance on my PC and some breakdowns back to Windows I paused playing for 2 month until 3 weeks ago. Were there changes to the physics in that time which soften everything up to the more arcadeish feel of FM7? Maybe I just adapted but jumping back in was far easier and less struggle than my first races.

Can someone explain how and when "Barn Finds" are done?
Do a 1000 lap race at Maple Valley and on the 1000th lap a path will open to the barn...
Untitled-1.png

Regarding the physics, I started playing right on the release for 2-3 days and experienced a quiet massive change in the handling (liked it very much, way more challenging when my career started in the Civic Type-R). With bad performance on my PC and some breakdowns back to Windows I paused playing for 2 month until 3 weeks ago. Were there changes to the physics in that time which soften everything up to the more arcadeish feel of FM7? Maybe I just adapted but jumping back in was far easier and less struggle than my first races.
I think the physics themselves are unchanged, but some of the newer hypercars have more excessive oversteer and feel a bit weird.

I've personally never been a fan of anything fast with limited downforce in Forza (i.e. crazy supercars and hypercars), they just don't feel right. But some of the most recent ones have such crazy hp that they bring back FM7 memories. However curb behaviour and understeer on default tyres is still very much present, and lift off oversteer is only really felt on high powered MR cars which is just about what you should get. So I think the physics are ok.

Don't mind me just thinking about something super minor in this game when there are greater things to worry about. It would be nice to see some more unique and colorful interiors to cars rather than the default black/grays you get with a lot of the cars in this game and other Forzas.

gtiboth.jpg

celicaboth.jpg

sprinterboth.jpg

I'd like to clarify before getting yelled at that I am not comparing FM to GT, really, we all know GT7 car models have more time put into creating them, just showing what I wish Forza could do to add a little uniqueness to the otherwise bland interiors, especially because Forzavista exists.

I realize that black interior color is the "play it safe" option so it goes with any exterior color. I also realize that the model team probably deemed this sort of thing as low priority or unimportant, but would have been nice to update some of the older car models in the game.

Last edited:
Don't mind me just thinking about something super minor in this game when there are greater things to worry about. It would be nice to see some more unique and colorful interiors to cars rather than the default black/grays you get with a lot of the cars in this game and other Forzas.

View attachment 1320407

View attachment 1320408

View attachment 1320409

I'd like to clarify before getting yelled at that I am not comparing FM to GT, really, we all know GT7 car models have more time put into creating them, just showing what I wish Forza could do to add a little uniqueness to the otherwise bland interiors, especially because Forzavista exists.

I realize that black interior color is the "play it safe" option so it goes with any exterior color. I also realize that the model team probably deemed this sort of thing as low priority or unimportant, but would have been nice to update some of the older car models in the game.
I've always wished that we could do something with the interiors in Forza. I mean, some of these interior models have existed since Motorsport 3.

Their coding and systems know what a steering wheel is, where it's located, what the seats are, and the rest. They use the same set of materials/textures across every car in the game and call in whichever ones each car needs.
It adds a roll cage into all of them which must take more fettling. If you want us to really feel like we're bonding with the car and modifying it ourselves... Let us swap the wheel with a generic racing wheel and remove the seats with weight reduction mods and a generic bucket seat. It would be incredibly easy to implement.

But nope, interiors are always off limits.

The newest Aston Martin vantage had a black leather interior in earlier Forzas (e.g. FH5) however it now has a light brown leather interior in FM23.

But yeah, the point is very valid. I guess that since most people seem to play via either chase cam or bonnet cam, Forza doesn't spend time or effort on interior customization compared to GT?

The newest Aston Martin vantage had a black leather interior in earlier Forzas (e.g. FH5) however it now has a light brown leather interior in FM23.

But yeah, the point is very valid. I guess that since most people seem to play via either chase cam or bonnet cam, Forza doesn't spend time or effort on interior customization compared to GT?
I only use cockpit cam… Still Forza does not model the back seats when I look behind… It’s a shame I figured with this one we would have completely done interiors… SMH

Sadly some cars were "downgraded" to black interior in FM23, for example the 360 Challenge Stradale went from a lovely red seat and dash interior from all previous Forzas to a black/gray.

I only use cockpit cam… Still Forza does not model the back seats when I look behind… It’s a shame I figured with this one we would have completely done interiors… SMH
I noticed recently when driving some cars (like the Exocet) in bonnet view that when you move the camera left/right some elements aren't rendered, like the wing mirrors.

My game started stuttering after I had had it running for a few hours. Then it crashed and now it won't start again. It gets stuck at the start screen on my Xbox Series X. I tried to do a hard reboot and unplug my console, but that didn't help. Has anyone else encountered this? Do I have to uninstall the game and try installing it again?
cf5812be-7d70-488b-bb26-e0dba00d6109.png

Mine started to slow riiiight down after playing about an hour. In menu screens, but scrolling through my cars was the worst.
Driving seemed fine.

Crashed once but was able to restart and the hanging stopped.
I'll try installing it again and we'll see what happens. I'll report back in a few hours. I also submitted a ticket to Forza support.

The game has stuttered, been very slow in menus and crashed many times before, but not being able to restart was new 😬

Edit: I was browsing the Reddit Forza forum recently and saw a post with one after another all recommending FM7 over FM23. Am I the weird one in feeling that the new physics and controller experience is such a huge step forwards from FM7 that I can't understand their preference?

Don't you know? The best Forza's always the previous one, and the current one is a disaster.

I swear, a good chunk of the so-called "Forza community" barely even plays the game, only wastes heaps of time complaining about the issues the current title has... And many other the title hasn't.

Don't you know? The best Forza's always the previous one, and the current one is a disaster.

I swear, a good chunk of the so-called "Forza community" barely even plays the game, only wastes heaps of time complaining about the issues the current title has... And many other the title hasn't.
There’s a guy on the Forza forums who has been vehemently arguing with people about power builds not being good enough in the game (his last 40 comments are all on the same topic), and it turns out that he hasn’t played the game since November and is basing his thoughts on a wildly outdated metagame.

Last edited:

No one said this when FM3 or 4 came out, it was belter after belter back then. I think fans are just frustrated they aren't getting what they desire.

Latest Posts

Back