Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,378 comments
The Lancia Delta makes a weird geiger counter noise when you release throttle, only in chase cam. Don't know if its been mentioned already.
:lol: This is the first thing I thought when I drove the car too. Really enjoy the car, though, it is a lot of fun.

Does anyone think, "Man, this game could soooooooooooooo so so good!" hoping T10 is going to make the right fixes? And then....nothing.

I mean how broken does a game have to be where you have not eliminated crashing 4 months after release. To get kicked to dashboard after practice and qualifying for up to 25 minutes is just, well I don't have a good word for it. The worst is when you are racing a track you really enjoy.

And then, outside of that, anytime your garage is having trouble loading, you know it's time to either close the game or restart your Xbox otherwise you are getting dashboarded soon.

And this is all on an XSX.

Then you have situations like @Hasse 86 which is rediculous especailly if he paid for the full game.

I enjoy the game for the most part. The small bugs that don't affect driving do not bother me what so ever and there are probably hundreds that need to be fixed. Don't care.

T10 needs to focus on the very basics of a game that actually works instead of tiny graphical bug fixes IMO. Get the most important fixes done first instead of kicking the can. I'm still going to play but it's getting old with the dashboarding on Microsofts flagship console.

Maybe @PJTierney can help explain why the crashing isn't at the top of Turn 10s list. I don't understand Code and what's involved and if the problem is so embedded that they have to rewrite the whole game.

I don't understand Code and what's involved and if the problem is so embedded that they have to rewrite the whole game.
Devs wish "Turn off Crashes" was a simple toggle. There can be a ton of reasons for crashes to occur. Seemingly, one of the reasons seems to be a memory leak, where the game progressively fills the memory with stuff till it overflows and then crashes. It was a thing in FM7 too, where scrolling through rims or autoshow would crash the game.
Crashes can also occur if some calculation/code execution goes wrong and the cpu cannot proceed. Or This might also happen on the GPU side, where the GPU cannot render something.
there might be a file corruption or even a disagreement between the OS and the game (which prevented me from even launching the Finals).

On top of that, they have to first find the cause for this and then alter it without having an effect on the rest of the code, so as to not break anything else. Which could also be the case here.

I'm no expert, and i definitely wouldn't want to be in their position right now. But i do hope they fix quickly

No one said this when FM3 or 4 came out, it was belter after belter back then. I think fans are just frustrated they aren't getting what they desire.
Oh, no - people did that even way back then, too. Not sure if they did it for Forza Motorsport 2 as well - FM3 was my first game in the series, and I started to post in the forums in the early FM4 days.

On another topic, what's up with the Formula Mazda hoppers? Did some races with my chooms (our aggregate rating was a A-4,900) and I got wrecked on purpose several times per race. Yes, people got penalties - and in some cases, disqualifications - but they don't seem to care. Maybe it's time for Turn 10 to start policing their lobbies, and swing that banhammer a bit?

Maybe it's time for Turn 10 to start policing their lobbies, and swing that banhammer a bit?
I thought they banned only if video footage was submitted (which is ironic considering replays don't work). If you do have Shadowplay or some other alternative, you can go ahead and submit it to forza support.

Does anyone think, "Man, this game could soooooooooooooo so so good!" hoping T10 is going to make the right fixes? And then....nothing.

I mean how broken does a game have to be where you have not eliminated crashing 4 months after release. To get kicked to dashboard after practice and qualifying for up to 25 minutes is just, well I don't have a good word for it. The worst is when you are racing a track you really enjoy.

And then, outside of that, anytime your garage is having trouble loading, you know it's time to either close the game or restart your Xbox otherwise you are getting dashboarded soon.

Then you have situations like @Hasse 86 which is rediculous especailly if he paid for the full game.

I enjoy the game for the most part. The small bugs that don't affect driving do not bother me what so ever and there are probably hundreds that need to be fixed. Don't care.

T10 needs to focus on the very basics of a game that actually works instead of tiny graphical bug fixes IMO. Get the most important fixes done first instead of kicking the can. I'm still going to play but it's getting old with the dashboarding on Microsofts flagship console.

Maybe @PJTierney can help explain why the crashing isn't at the top of Turn 10s list. I don't understand Code and what's involved and if the problem is so embedded that they have to rewrite the whole game.
The quality of programmers in gaming has gone down a lot in the last 10 years. Most talented and experienced programmers can find easier and better paying positions in other fields. Gaming is notoriously high pressure and underpaid, not something that will attract a person in his 40-50s with decades of experience. We're just feeling the results of the exodus of senior talent.

I feel for the people having problems with the game,what I cant understand is why some people have issues on XSX and others dont,apart from the flickering on the main menu and in game sometimes and the slow laggy screen in autoshow mine has been pretty good since update 3.Ive had 3 crashes where ive had to restart but on the whole ok.Ive not experienced the blurry pictures some have had nor the poor resolution issues.
Im not making excuses for T10 but maybe these issues are taking longer because they cant replicate them?Im no developer so just trying to give a little hope and put a positive vibe on things.

Yeah, my worst fear right now is that I'll lose all my progress and the cars that I've already earned, leveled up and upgraded.

It wouldn't be such a big deal to restart my career/save file of it wasn't for the fact that I will both miss the FOMO-cars AND have to run each car in my garage for 3 hours again to be able to build them the way I want 💀

I've spoken to Support and we'll see what they can do.

@ManteoMax
Please, for the love of god. Fix your game!
I got an internal ping about this at 6am this morning. We're aware and looking at it but I don't control the fixes.

The interiors in the 360 Challenge Stradale and 19' AM Vantage are due to using different sources materials.

Both interiors are options on both cars.
While true, it's not like they resourced the cars, no? Seems they're keen on upping the quality on existing models rather than outright resourcing them all over again.

Unless I'm mistaken and these happen to be some of the cars that were resourced and remodeled from scratch completely.

I got an internal ping about this at 6am this morning. We're aware and looking at it but I don't control the fixes.
Thank you for taking your time to answer. That means a lot. I understand that many issues are complex to fix and takes time. But getting some reassurance like this makes everything feel a little better 💚

@AutumnalGlow This is the reason why I tagged Max. In situations where the frustration is getting the better of you, just a little reassurance from the other part goes a long way. They are working on it and understand my situation. That's all I can ask for right now.

I know Max is involved with the community rather than the development and bugfixing itself. But this was the sort of answer I was hoping to get 😊

@SloGrumpyDad I paid for the premium add-on and I'm not just playing "for free" on gamepass. I can be patient with minor bugs and annoyances in the game, but when things become game-breaking it's another thing entirely.

I got an internal ping about this at 6am this morning.
OOF, i just hope you are sleeping and eating well while having to manage all this mess in the comunity

The quality of programmers in gaming has gone down a lot in the last 10 years. Most talented and experienced programmers can find easier and better paying positions in other fields. Gaming is notoriously high pressure and underpaid, not something that will attract a person in his 40-50s with decades of experience. We're just feeling the results of the exodus of senior talent.
That is really intresting point that i totally agree, most gaming programemrs are mostly young people that are starting their careers now or have nothing else to work with, and use gaming only as a starting step of their careers (eg get a big company name in corrucuum so gets better jobs easlier) or go straight to indie gaming after some time

While this happens, they also require better working conditions so they can keep working their jobs for most time, some people assume that they are lasy sellfish people that only want suck money from the poor gamers

Last edited:
While true, it's not like they resourced the cars, no? Seems they're keen on upping the quality on existing models rather than outright resourcing them all over again.

Unless I'm mistaken and these happen to be some of the cars that were resourced and remodeled from scratch completely.
Definitely are the same source

1705691218029.png

Was it always possible to use TCR cars in the open class tour??

Adding to this, I felt a little out of place in the S class Open tour:
1705696242484.png

Last edited:
I really don't know what a Geiger counter sounds like
Geiger counters make these loud pinging sounds because those devices were used to detect and ionize radiation, such as contaminated material and radiation barrels, etc. I've not played FM23 (because of reasons above), and that is certainly not what a Delta is supposed to sound like.

I can see how that could get irritating pretty fast. I wonder whether it's the wrong sample being substituted or something.

It reminds me of the quacking herd of geese noises whenever cars in NFS ShiFT (or however they capitalised the title) drove over a kerb.

Last edited:

I think it’s as you said, just upping the quality. For example, the carbon fiber on the back of the seats looks much better now than in FM7.

And while the red interior was nice, the “seat material” did look a bit dated & over saturated. With it now black/grey, it blends a bit better. I think there’s still some weird short comings like the “Ferrari” plaque on the door sills, though. It’s different but doesn’t look much better than in FM7.

Last edited:
Please provide feedback on Update 3 content:

Thanks Max, just had done it

On another topic, what's up with the Formula Mazda hoppers? Did some races with my chooms (our aggregate rating was a A-4,900) and I got wrecked on purpose several times per race. Yes, people got penalties - and in some cases, disqualifications - but they don't seem to care. Maybe it's time for Turn 10 to start policing their lobbies, and swing that banhammer a bit?
I think it has been pretty well established the ratings do absolutely nothing at this point.

I know a few people in the T10 Race Marshall program who have told me they don't even bother policing things in the current state of the game since they can't spectate and the desync issues exist. On the banning side of things, I hope they aren't doing that right now either as the desync problem would probably lead to a lot of wrongful bans, and we know how uncompromising T10 can be on that kinda stuff.

I think they should make the ratings actually work before they start with bans. To some extent, the safety ratings will help relegate the wreckers to race with other wreckers where they probably won't bother reporting each other and lighten their work load. Plus, having players of similar skill level in lobbies together should greatly reduce the number of clumsy incidents where someone brakes 6 car lengths too early and gets hit by someone behind them that got caught out and people think it was intentional or something.

Just my own poll type question for everyone.

In the Open series, do you tend to just keep using the same car each time because you've got it just where you want it and it's a great performer, or do you keep trying different cars each time?

Just my own poll type question for everyone.

In the Open series, do you tend to just keep using the same car each time because you've got it just where you want it and it's a great performer, or do you keep trying different cars each time?
I usually use cars from prior championships, because they are leveled up enough.

But there were occasions where I bought a new car just for open.

I usually use cars from prior championships, because they are leveled up enough.

But there were occasions where I bought a new car just for open.
That's what I've done so far. I tried a couple of other cars in C and didn't really like how they performed so I went back to the old reliable Miata and now it's at level 50 which I think is the only car I've got that high. So I've just stuck with the same cars across most classes.

Latest Posts

Back