Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,372 comments
Just my own poll type question for everyone.

In the Open series, do you tend to just keep using the same car each time because you've got it just where you want it and it's a great performer, or do you keep trying different cars each time?
I usually choose a car one or two classes below the target class, let it run AFK on one of the ovals to collect CXP and then do a handling build to raise the performance index up to the desired car class.

I've levelled up quite a few of the widebody cars lately and most of them drive beautifully thanks to the fact that you're able to equip them with quite wide tires.

The FD Mazda RX7, with a widebody kit, in A-class has been one of my favourites thus far.
ea75518d-58d1-4c8d-aa20-c9ad7893ab58.png

Still, the AI are bumping and crashing, they are dirty drivers. Also the weird braking on straights and breaking at random points in cornering is enough to put me off. Ive gone back to acc and just waiting for ac2. Fm is a wreckfest and the worst AI i have seen in any racing game. Appalling. So glad i didnt buy it.

Last edited:

In the Open series, do you tend to just keep using the same car each time because you've got it just where you want it and it's a great performer, or do you keep trying different cars each time?

Have a bunch of allready racetuned cars and picks my favorites in each class. Like the Renault 5 in C, mybe the -67 Corvette in B, the Ferrari F40 in A or S-class and the -66GT40Mk2 in S-class.

Last edited:

I've mostly used cars already driven from the Tour, to get them towards level 50.
The Featured Tour previously didn't help with that as almost every car used was Class P R or X.
I did buy a Miura to build that up to level 50 and get my 5% Lambo discount. I'm working on getting Ferraris up to level 50 for the same reason. I've left the cars where the manufacturers have few or only one model for later. The Lancia will be lonely for a while I think...

New car every time, by the time I’m done it’s 38-45 car level.

I don't have many problems with FM23 on Series X, the most common crash that I have since day one is when I apply a livery into a car and the game suddenly stops and resumes, sometimes while I'm doing some design but those are really rare tbh.

Don't know if I'm the only one, luckily I never lost any progress painting a car.

I don't have many problems with FM23 on Series X, the most common crash that I have since day one is when I apply a livery into a car and the game suddenly stops and resumes, sometimes while I'm doing some design but those are really rare tbh.
On the PC, applying a livery won't immediately crash the game but it does halve the frame rate, making actual racing impossible until you restart the game. The frame rate also halves after around 4 races at different circuits, so it's clearly some kind of memory leak issue (probably VRAM).

The XSX issue isn't as frequent, but it's really annoying to have so much difficulty with applying liveries to cars. I hope they find these bugs and fix them soon.

In B and S Open races it seems they're suggesting what you use to race with? B is the older Mercedes and Porsche etc. from the 50's and S is open wheel from the 60's? Have they done this before?

In B I just used my regular 2023 Nissan Z. Yeah it looked a little out of place with all of those 50's race cars. In S I thought ok I'll play along and bought the Lotus 49. Big mistake. I've driven a lot of cars like this in other games and none of them ever drove like this swerving mess did. Oh and for our 2nd race (or 3rd I can't remember) let's put it on Suzuka in a thunderstorm when you can't have wet tires but others can. That really ticked me off.

That's probably my biggest issue with this game is if you try a new car that you're only given 300cr to use at first for modifications, why are you going up against cars that are fully race modified? It should be like against like. Stock tires vs. Stock tires, Sport tires vs. Sport tires, etc., etc.

In B and S Open races it seems they're suggesting what you use to race with? B is the older Mercedes and Porsche etc. from the 50's and S is open wheel from the 60's? Have they done this before?

In B I just used my regular 2023 Nissan Z. Yeah it looked a little out of place with all of those 50's race cars. In S I thought ok I'll play along and bought the Lotus 49. Big mistake. I've driven a lot of cars like this in other games and none of them ever drove like this swerving mess did. Oh and for our 2nd race (or 3rd I can't remember) let's put it on Suzuka in a thunderstorm when you can't have wet tires but others can. That really ticked me off.

That's probably my biggest issue with this game is if you try a new car that you're only given 300cr to use at first for modifications, why are you going up against cars that are fully race modified? It should be like against like. Stock tires vs. Stock tires, Sport tires vs. Sport tires, etc., etc.
Yeah, this ticked me off too. I was really looking forward to using some classic racers in the career mode as well and while I expect those cars to be lively at times, they shouldn't be that bad and should have race tires fitted as standard.

Have been having some really goo Free Play races lately with a field of DPis and LMDH :) The inclusion of Daytona made me go for the Cadillac Dpi and it's led to me having a great time in this game, going for 15-25 lap races with dynamic time from evening into the night. When racing like this the game just clicks and it delivers, making me realise the untapped potential of this game.

For me, the following things are essential and I really hope Turn10 implements it:
  • Possibility to keep AI cars stock in free play races (I do not want to see cars with non-stock wheels in a field of race cars for example)
  • Give V8 Supercars and TransAm their own divisions
  • Possibility to manually select a grid of AI cars in free play.
  • More career events. Including those focused on race cars ranging from MX5 Cup races, to a 488 Challenge series, Lamborghini Super Trofeo and of course also multi-class endurance racing.

In terms of content I really hope they will continue with a track every month, and then of course Sebring, Road Atlanta, Long Beach to add essential IMSA venues. Similarly, I would hope to see the IMSA LMDH cars coming like the Porsche 963, BMW M Hybrid V8 and the Acura ARX-06.

Have been having some really goo Free Play races lately with a field of DPis and LMDH :) The inclusion of Daytona made me go for the Cadillac Dpi and it's led to me having a great time in this game, going for 15-25 lap races with dynamic time from evening into the night. When racing like this the game just clicks and it delivers, making me realise the untapped potential of this game.

For me, the following things are essential and I really hope Turn10 implements it:
  • Possibility to keep AI cars stock in free play races (I do not want to see cars with non-stock wheels in a field of race cars for example)
  • Give V8 Supercars and TransAm their own divisions
  • Possibility to manually select a grid of AI cars in free play.
  • More career events. Including those focused on race cars ranging from MX5 Cup races, to a 488 Challenge series, Lamborghini Super Trofeo and of course also multi-class endurance racing.

In terms of content I really hope they will continue with a track every month, and then of course Sebring, Road Atlanta, Long Beach to add essential IMSA venues. Similarly, I would hope to see the IMSA LMDH cars coming like the Porsche 963, BMW M Hybrid V8 and the Acura ARX-06.
Im a big advocator for using freeplay in FM for many reasons and one being I make more credits on average per race then in career. I barely even touch the career anymore unless its to grind for the monthly cars. For the most part I bounce around between Forza proto-H, P2, Forza GT, Forza Touring cars, and Modern Factory Race cars for the variety and competitiveness in each division. But slowly been trying other ones like Proto group racing, vinatage Lemans Prototype and track toys, which im digging the Vuhl 05 in that class. Sometimes I also find myself setting up multiclass races to squeeze in cars from other divisions that belong in the one im in such as the Lola T70 being added to my vintage Leman prototype race or the Lambo Essenza and Huyara R being in my factory racecar group. Etc

Edit: Im confident they will add the other LMDH IMSA cars because the cadillac is the baseline, why have just that modern prototype? Others will follow eventually and im hoping with T10's great relationship with Lamborghini they add the SC63 too.

Last edited:
I'm driving with cockpit camera and it is just not polished enough, I have some feeling this is lot older game...

What do you think?
Yeah, I've been a little disappointed with some of the interiors from day one.

Tried to do a Subaru vs Mitsubishi freeplay race yesterday, first the Lancers didn't have any hoods, and then when I changed the model, none had liveries.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

I dont think this is excencial considering that modern TransAm nowadays is considered GT and runs GT Classes alongside the TA Classes, unless you want it to race something Not-NASCAR or want the classic Trans-AM to have their own stuff
TA1 cars run as part of multiclass races though, they don't race against the other cars and aren't handicapped down to GT3-ish levels.

Making them their own division would add another division for potential multiplayer "spec" series variety, where you would get to experience them at their full potential, and offer a smaller and more tightly balanced class compared to the bloated mess that is Forza GT.

I'd personally rather see smaller and more focused/"correct" classes that are more competitive than these big classes that take multiple categories of cars into them. Since T10 seem to just be using the same tools we have in game to balance things, they simply will never be able to balance 6, 8, 10+ cars (with some of them from different regulations) in a satisfactory way. A class of 3 cars where any of them can win is better than a class of 10 cars where 2 can win, 4 or 5 are okayish, 2 are awful, and 1 can only win on a specific track.

I would think they could figure out a way to put them in both though, restricted down for Forza GT but unrestricted for a full Trans Am division.

I wonder if TA2 car's would be a better fit into the GT class, they could actually serve a really good purpose, as they should have wider appeal due to being exported into a number of series outside of the US, and have a bit more of a resemblance to production cars compared to the TA class, plus it wouldn't be too crazy to BoP them next to GT3 cars. At this point I'm clutching at any opportunity to get something resembling a V8 Supercar into the game, as while it's nice having the Ford/Holden's that we currently have, they are obviously outdated, and I certainly have a soft spot for some of the liveries that we get in the series.

How come? The game looks quite a lot better on a high end PC than XSX

Many of the accounts doing "gotcha" comparisons of FM/GT7 are on PC and setting detail to low, it's normally extremely obvious because they set "Dynamic Render Quality" to low, which makes the grass flat. I've even seen someone do the whole "look at the terrible quality tree's in the distance", like yeah mate that's what happens when you want to run the game on a potato, even Series S looks better.

I'm on Xbox Series X.
I see fault in Series S.

Well there's your problem, you are going to face some compromises when running the game on Series S, I've got both and am pretty happy with the way it renders, but don't expect it to be a true next-gen experience when it's outputting at 1080p.

Many of the accounts doing "gotcha" comparisons of FM/GT7 are on PC and setting detail to low, it's normally extremely obvious because they set "Dynamic Render Quality" to low, which makes the grass flat. I've even seen someone do the whole "look at the terrible quality tree's in the distance", like yeah mate that's what happens when you want to run the game on a potato, even Series S looks better.

Well there's your problem, you are going to face some compromises when running the game on Series S, I've got both and am pretty happy with the way it renders, but don't expect it to be a true next-gen experience when it's outputting at 1080p.
Nothing even near to xaxs`piucture on my old series S. Only good thing about my setup is that I`ve calibrated my plasma to my room. Series S is a max 1440p btw

I'm not on Series S, I'm on Series X.
Blaming S for graphics on X...

Back