Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,328 comments
In celebration of the big race, claim the Porsche 963 Combo for Forza Motorsport at no cost from the Microsoft Store and Steam between June 10, 2024 (10am PDT) to June 19, 2024 (4:59PM PDT).

After the free redemption period, the Porsche 963 Combo will be available to buy for USD $4.99 / GBP £3.99 / EUR €4.99 / CNY ¥19.00. Once purchased, the car is added to your garage, with no additional in-game credit cost required. The Porsche Racing Suit can be found in the Driver customization menu.
🤡

What a lackluster update after a very lackluster May update. 2 new cars plus the (paid) 963 and 1 track?

The addition of longer races is nice but they're gone in a month for single player, and I can't help but feel that for MP this was just enabling the "Long" type in the setup rotation.
What did they spend almost 2 months working on?

The list of game fixes and improvements hasn't arrived yet, let's wait on that before judging too hard.
And let's be honest: Anyone reading this thread will login this week to get the 963 for free, so "paid" is irrelevant for us.

For my part I can't wait to drive Sebring with FM23 physics. Happy it's back!

Last edited:
Come on, T10. It's time to drop the Porsche 963. Do it. Do it. DO IT.
Called it. The fact that it's paid ("paid") DLC is going to go down like a cup of cold sick... Although, come to think about it, is there any game that added it at no cost for the players, other than the exclusive-license-holder Le Mans Ultimate?

Regardless, hopefully the 963 will soon be joined by other IMSA machinery from BMW, Acura and Lamborghini. And if my hunch is right, those may come for free.

Also, do my eyes deceive me, or we're getting a Chevron B16? Boy, they're really going all-out with the semi-obscure 1970s sportscar manufacturers, aren't they? Bet a lot of chuds are going to be pissed. :lol:
Just in time for Porsche to meet their destiny of winning Le Mans after a seven-year absence.
I certainly hope you'll be very disappointed come Sunday afternoon, when Ferrari goes back-to-back on the Circuit de la Sarthe!

The list of game fixes and improvements hasn't arrived yet, let's wait on that before judging too hard.
And let's be honest: Anyone reading this thread will login this week to get the 963 for free, so "paid" is irrelevant for us.

For my part I can't wait to drive Sebring with FM23 physics. Happy it's back!
Wait, I don't have to buy dlc (I won't anyway)? Because, I thought this car will be just for a weekly trial and then you gotta pay for it?

Wait, I don't have to buy dlc (I won't anyway)? Because, I thought this car will be just for a weekly trial and then you gotta pay for it?
No, you have a week to get if for free, then you'll have to pay 4.99 or whatever. Which basically means it's a free car, because all you have to do (IIRC) is login on the Xbox app from your phone.

When exactly is the update and the new car going live? Later today?

(10am PDT has already happened hasn't it? Or is it in 25 minutes from now?)

Last edited:
Good to see some proper race cars even though it's lackluster. Just 3 new cars? Wow that's stale as hell BUT....the 963 makes up for it along with the infamous Sebring. Will be doing a bunch of 963 vs Cadillac V.R races. Where's the patch notes?

Last edited:
Good to see some proper race cars even though it's lackluster. Just 3 new cars? Wow that's stale as hell BUT....the 963 makes up for it. Will be doing a bunch of 963 vs Cadillac V.R races. Where's the patch notes?
Patch notes are pretty light https://support.forzamotorsport.net...orsport-Update-9-0-Release-Notes-June-10-2024

A bit disappointing, I did expect much of what they layed out recently wouldn't make the cut, but I thought there'd be a few more items in the bug-fixes and improvements section. Oh well, here's hoping the changes to the MP and SP events are meaningful, the list of SP events look like they should be quite fun

Regardless of what the patch notes say, I'm convinced that the graphics fairies touch up this game here and there with every update (and don't tell anyone about it), because IMO, as of today, the game has gone from "Is that it?" to "Look at you". Still ways to go to coming close to the trailers, though.

The Three cars (finaly another modern Hypercar/LMDH) plus Sebring are nice, but it's a bit dissapointing to see that Endurance races are not permanent in game (and again, what's the problem to bring back cars/or made some new to Forza with the Spotlight method like the 1st updates?)

So barely any new cars, almost zero significant updates to the game engine. Just Sebring and the Porsche 963 to highlight this month.

I don't want to be a doomsayer, but the lack of car updates (given the huge car list they can pull from in FH5) is really weird. I agree now that they don't have much to show right now outside of the regular new track. What are they working on in the background?

I certainly hope you'll be very disappointed come Sunday afternoon, when Ferrari goes back-to-back on the Circuit de la Sarthe!
Ah, you B-roll...:lol:

Either way this Porsche 963's gonna be a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:
So barely any new cars, almost zero significant updates to the game engine. Just Sebring and the Porsche 963 to highlight this month.

I don't want to be a doomsayer, but the lack of car updates (given the huge car list they can pull from in FH5) is really weird. I agree now that they don't have much to show right now outside of the regular new track. What are they working on in the background?
I feel the same Mate, seems they give up to bring some cool and nice stuff for this game.
I know, now Horizon it's the master game for Forza Franchise. But really, this project have a lot of potential wasted. And I have waited a lot of years... for This? (what a pity, because the physics engine it's a lot better than FM7)
Yeah yeah Pandemic have made some trouble but it's not a justification.

Last edited:
Just a heads up to all of you. You can go into the Microsoft Store and redeem your Porsche 963 for free, even if you don't own the game. Just had someone who doesn't own the game confirm this.
There should be no reason to pay for the car now, even if you don't have the game installed. 🏎️

Last edited:
STEAMDB: FM - PORSCHE 963 combo

Attachments

• ss_c66cb2c631f03ea4f4965acdc62795b67714ef35.jpg
    ss_c66cb2c631f03ea4f4965acdc62795b67714ef35.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240610-143507.png
    Screenshot_20240610-143507.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 1
For some reason it's making me reinstall the entire 131gb game on my series x right now

Ditto. Great.

I think its happened because the download failed due to lack of free SSD space, then glitched and got stuck. When I restarted the console it needed to download the whole game. My Internet kinda sucks too.

Last edited:
The showcase yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give this game a much-needed shot in the arm. Add a batch of LMHs/GT3s, maybe some LMP1s/GT1s for a bit of 360 fanservice; show the track; announce some other miscellaneous QOL changes; maybe tease some content and changes for the months ahead; anything to build some morale for a game that needs it more than the older game that’s part of a spinoff series or even GT7 right now; the sky’s the limit.

Instead this looks like another run of the mill series that goes away in a month’s time in the usual live service drip feed fashion, capped off with $5 for a single car (at least it’s not iRacing) made ‘free’ for a week, which is not a good look for a game that’s still trying to salvage some goodwill after everything at launch (to decent results until now). Maybe skipping the showcase was the right call.

I can forgive limited new content and fixes because I know there are temporal and spatial limitations to game development and realize content updates are planned out well in advance. But there’s still a long road ahead in terms of quality of life changes needed, and the 963 stunt doesn’t show confidence IMO.

25 laps, 45 minute races?!?!? Oh my aching back!!! I'm already squirming after 3 laps on the Nordschleife trying to get my back to calm down. I'll need to keep my keyboard from going to sleep so I can pause at a good place to get up and walk around for a bit.

Just a heads up to all of you. You can go into the Microsoft Store and redeem your Porsche 963 for free, even if you don't own the game. Just had someone who doesn't own the game confirm this.
There should be no reason to pay for the car now, even if you don't have the game installed. 🏎️

All you need is an Xbox account, which you can create in all of five minutes.
I can forgive limited new content and fixes because I know there are temporal and spatial limitations to game development and realize content updates are planned out well in advance. But there’s still a long road ahead in terms of quality of life changes needed, and the 963 stunt doesn’t show confidence IMO.
Surprisingly, the reaction to the paywalled 963 doesn't seem to be as negative as I thought? I would've expected the official Forza accounts on Xitter and r/forza to look like a battlefield, instead basically nobody is mentioning it. May be because again, it's a functionally free DLC.

I don't really get the logic of making the 963 a paid DLC and then giving it away for free in this way, which means 99% of the Forza userbase will pay exactly zero for it. Perhaps it's something that has to do with licensing - let us not forget that Motorsport Games holds what seems to be an exclusive license for the WEC, which the 963 disputed since its year of debut...

Last edited:
This should works now, thank YOU.
Can confirm it's now fixed. Thanks @Milouse
Am I the only to have the nasty feeling that, unless you're a multiplayer driver, these endurance races might be Update 9, and ONLY Update 9. i.e. Featured Tour. People seem to be thinking these Endurance races are permanent additions. I don't have ANY confidence in that. So far, we've had nothing permanent added except for new tracks and cars.
Called it.
A new abbreviation this month - FOMOE
Forza Motorsport: Endurance has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

The showcase yesterday was the perfect opportunity to give this game a much-needed shot in the arm. Add a batch of LMHs/GT3s, maybe some LMP1s/GT1s for a bit of 360 fanservice; show the track; announce some other miscellaneous QOL changes; maybe tease some content and changes for the months ahead; anything to build some morale for a game that needs it more than the older game that’s part of a spinoff series or even GT7 right now; the sky’s the limit.

Instead this looks like another run of the mill series that goes away in a month’s time in the usual live service drip feed fashion, capped off with $5 for a single car (at least it’s not iRacing) made ‘free’ for a week, which is not a good look for a game that’s still trying to salvage some goodwill after everything at launch (to decent results until now). Maybe skipping the showcase was the right call.

9 months in and the UI is unchanged and still completely ****. How many months do they need...?
Career mode hasn't changed in 9 months either (these F-orzathon-eatured tours aren't career).

Interesting that they've fixed the Nordschleife curbs which can only be because of the negative reaction they caused (same as the pit exit before).

I've given up on FM23 sadly at this point and will have to try another game that actually comes with a career mode, because this one never will.

Such a shame.

I'm just glad we got another LMDH to join the Cadillac, a couple nice classic racers although I wish they would start going beyond 3-6 cars a month without any paid DLC. We should be getting 10-12 a month with how many cars they can recycle and add that's new to FM. But having Sebring back is much welcomed. On the flip side it's hard to be too optimistic with update 10 and beyond other then multiclass coming, more AI tweaks and another recycled track.

Back