Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,673 comments
I like the idea of the proximity radar but I think the symbols or rectangles, whatever you want to call them, could be about half as big as they are now. They're a little intrusive. Unless there is a place to change their size and I've overlooked it.

I ran the Evo III stock for the first two races then upgraded it for the last two and I really think that series would have been better ran fully in C class or as close to stock as it could be. I won the first two races then upgrades took it into B class and I finished 5th at Mid Ohio and 4th at Homestead but still won the series. Now I don't like Mid Ohio or rain to begin with and then throw in racing at night and I was lucky to finish 5th.

Dang, they nerfed one of my go-to moves on fast corners!
Just make Lime Rock your go-to track and you'll be good to go!
To be fair, the AI does seem a little better around the player at least, switching to chase cam, I did see them managing to break on slow corners without ramming me a couple of times.

Loving the radar..

1_ZXMauLNaFe8mBX2qqE5n_w.png

No seriously, it's a good edition.

Last edited:
And of course Kunos doesn't give free DLC after launch, so you should expect at least 8-10 paid DLC packs during the life of the game, as we got with AC and ACC.
I'd probably be willing to pay £100 for an FM FOMO pass where you're guaranteed to receive every car that will ever be added to the game. Ideally, it would just remove all concept of credits from the game so you could just use any car you want with any upgrades. £100 to turn it into a normal computer game like Counter-Strike, Rocket League etc where you just install it, run it up and start playing with immediate access to all functional content.

Last edited:
I'll admit it looked like the radar was just thrown together quickly in paint and used Pong as an inspiration, but after using it last night on Daytona in the Monaco KC, it was supremely helpful and a welcome addition.

I'd probably be willing to pay £100 for an FM FOMO pass where you're guaranteed to receive every car that will ever be added to the game.
As someone who likes the game more than most, the game is not worth full price right now, and would be even worse if they made all earnable fomo cars paid.

I strongly hope that by the end of this year atleast they add all the fomo events to the game as permanent events (maybe with a month as time delay) and fomo cars are rewards for winning those events. Doing this should unlock these cars for purchase in the autoshow.

If they really want microtransactions (other than car packs), they they can do the same thing as fh5's car vouchers.

Last edited:
I strongly hope that by the end of this year atleast they add all the fomo events to the game as permanent events (maybe with a month as time delay) and fomo cars are rewards for winning those events. Doing this should unlock these cars for purchase in the autoshow.
I just want all the chores gone from the game. No more having to earn credits to buy cars. No more chores to get FOMO cars. I just want to be able to play the game like any normal computer game where you install it, run it up, and play it. I find the game fun to play when I can just do what I want to do in the game, but the game just constantly wants me to do utterly boring stuff instead of having fun.

If they really want microtransactions (other than car packs), they they can do the same thing as fh5's car vouchers.
Those only let you get autoshow cars, so it's a different issue to the FOMO cars and chores for those. They don't get you DLC cars, so FH5 still has an open ended flow of DLC cars just like AC EVO is likely to have. A lot of people would like to be able to make a single payment that guarantees you'll get every car that is ever added to the game, that's clear from the extremely negative reviews of the FH5 car packs on Steam.

Last edited:
I'd probably be willing to pay £100 for an FM FOMO pass where you're guaranteed to receive every car that will ever be added to the game. Ideally, it would just remove all concept of credits from the game so you could just use any car you want with any upgrades. £100 to turn it into a normal computer game like Counter-Strike, Rocket League etc where you just install it, run it up and start playing with immediate access to all functional content.
We already pay as much for games as we ever did, and now they're removing bits from games and selling them back you still want to pay more?

Even 20 years ago, GTA Vice City launched for £35 (in 2003) - which would be £60 in 2024 (well... £60.75, give or take). 30 years ago, Street Fighter II was on the Amiga for £28 - or £58 in today's money. The average price of a new game now is £60 physical and £70 digital, but GTAVC and SF2 had all of their content on the media you bought, without anything held back and sold for more.

£90 for FM Premium and £100 more for the FOMO edition to unlock the timegate on 50 or so cars seems insane.

£90 for FM Premium and £100 more for the FOMO edition to unlock the timegate on 50 or so cars seems insane.
How much is ACC if you bought the game and every DLC on the day of release? I'd guess not much less than £190, and it has a much narrower set of cars than FM.

I should add, though, that I'm assuming FM will be a live service game for many many years. I wouldn't see it as worth £190 every 2 years.

Also, I don't WANT to pay that much. But I'd rather pay it than have the game as it currently stands.

How much is ACC if you bought the game and every DLC on the day of release? I'd guess not much less than £190, and it has a much narrower set of cars than FM.

I should add, though, that I'm assuming FM will be a live service game for many many years. I wouldn't see it as worth £190 every 2 years.

Also, I don't WANT to pay that much. But I'd rather pay it than have the game as it currently stands.
I decided to tot up ACC total costs, since I was curious how much I saved over the years getting some packs in Steam sales...

1720704543602.png

So it was €170 if you bought everything at launch. I bought the base game in early access iirc (Sept 2018), and then some packs at launch but others in Steam sales, which saved me €45 or so.

Edit: For fun, also FH5 costs with all the recent DLC packs:
  • Base Ultimate Edition: €99,99
  • 6x €4,99 DLC packs: €29,94
  • 4x €9,99 DLC packs: €39,96
  • Total so far: €169,89
So a base game and 10 DLC packs from Forza comes out the same as the base ACC game and 9 packs at full price.

Last edited:
In Rivals it only displays Top 50 times on any Leaderboard. That seems new to this update (unless it's a bug). It means that times recorded outside of the top 50 (hint; that would be most if not all of mine) will no longer display times nearest to you. That's a shame for those who like 'Rivals' but aren't top 50 players. Friends times are still displayed which is some consolation.

Additionally i quite understand why they reset the Catalunya and Hockenheim LB's. They are yet to do so for Mid-Ohio which would have merited it after they introduced the barrier on the first turn.

In Rivals it only displays Top 50 times on any Leaderboard. That seems new to this update (unless it's a bug). It means that times recorded outside of the top 50 (hint; that would be most if not all of mine) will no longer display times nearest to you. That's a shame for those who like 'Rivals' but aren't top 50 players. Friends times are still displayed which is some consolation.

Additionally i quite understand why they reset the Catalunya and Hockenheim LB's. They are yet to do so for Mid-Ohio which would have merited it after they introduced the barrier on the first turn.
All I was hoping from the update was to stop the CTD after exiting any event.

Alas no.
Please vote in the Troubleshooting Hub if you haven't already:

Add in very long race loading times especially in the first race.

Some of the cars in GT2 are buffed and nerfed. Is this true? I didn't find anything about this in the Forza support patch notes.

Attachments

• s43c58srzsbd1.jpeg
    s43c58srzsbd1.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3
Back