Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,582 comments
^^ I had some stuttering for the first few corners but only on my very first lap. Did some rival laps with the Ferrari FM4 cover car.
It has a nicer flow than I remember, so would rather race here than Miami or Indianapolis during the 'career'.
I also get some stuttering on the first lap or so of either practice or the race. I also get it when they show the car in the pits and the drivers are walking around. But it goes away the further into the session you get.

With the 1970 Trans-Am Mustang Boss being in this update and already having a number of 80s and modern trans-ams in game, surely T10 will have to eventually make a Trans-Am division tab. Hopefully we also get the AMC Javelin, Plymouth Barracuda, Camaro z/28 and Dodge Challenger R/T trans ams from the same era too.

Last edited:
Sunset Peninsula feels like the same old track with a new coat of paint. Well done.

What is not well done however is how the game crashed as soon as I crossed the start line in the first drifting rivals event, and keeps doing so.

T10 have acknowledged the crash:

Last edited:
Congrats for Turn10 to bring this massive update,better than expected
Also i noticed car lightning got improved. (Edit: its not even mentionned in the patch note)

First screen on left is from few days ago,the right is from the new update.

Also the Huayra R sound is way better now.

Attachments

• 5154d66f-20dd-49e5-9b5b-81250a92e26d (1).png
    5154d66f-20dd-49e5-9b5b-81250a92e26d (1).png
    175 KB · Views: 1
  • 702e22c3-2717-42a4-a88b-761b7c80a3bc.png
    702e22c3-2717-42a4-a88b-761b7c80a3bc.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Personal Highlights:
  • Dark Horse Mustang
  • Trans-Am Mustang :drool:
  • '67 Shelby GT500
  • MX-5 Cup Spec Series
  • Porsche 963 Multiplayer Nerf
  • Proximity Sound Improvements
Obviously a very substantial update all-around, but these are easily the things I'm most eager about. I'm especially looking forward to jumping into the Spec Miata series. I just need to get my internet back, first.

Last edited:
Congrats for Turn10 to bring this massive update,better than expected
Also i noticed car lightning got improved. (Edit: its not even mentionned in the patch note)

First screen on left is from few days ago,the right is from the new update.

Also the Huayra R sound is way better now.
Yes, I noticed that many lights (headlights, taillights and track lighting) now have a twinkle and shimmer that they didn't have before. Try Sunset Peninsula at night with clear weather and you'll see.

Last edited:
With the 1970 Trans-Am Mustang Boss being in this update and already having a number of 80s and modern trans-ams in game, surely T10 will have to eventually make a Trans-Am division tab. Hopefully we also get the AMC Javelin, Plymouth Barracuda, Camaro z/28 and Dodge Challenger R/T trans ams from the same era too.
They did!
It’s called Vintage Trans Am in the division selection screen

They did!
It’s called Vintage Trans Am in the division selection screen
Well I'll be damned, they really did! That's awesome to see even if it wasn't listed in the patch notes and I have to say the C7.R sounds like the proper beast it needs to, music to my ears ripping that around the track now. What a well done update even if theres some reports of crashing. They will get it ironed out.

Sunset Peninsula feels like the same old track with a new coat of paint. Well done.

What is not well done however is how the game crashed as soon as I crossed the start line in the first drifting rivals event, and keeps doing so.

^^ I had some stuttering for the first few corners but only on my very first lap. Did some rival laps with the Ferrari FM4 cover car.
It has a nicer flow than I remember, so would rather race here than Miami or Indianapolis during the 'career'.
I had the same stuttering on my first Free Play lap.

Anyway, here's my first ever video of Sunset Peninsula Raceway (at sunrise):

(And I lucked out on a great thumbnail too :D)

And here is the Club Circuit (at sunset), still in its "pig shape" formation which should please @UKMikey :

And the Speedway at night:

Finally, the Club Circuit in reverse (which doesn't flow half as well as the opposite direction):

Last edited:
As a longtime fan of Sunset I'm very glad its back. I never thought they'd bring back a track last seen in the 360 era but hey here we are. Its the Sunset I know and love but given a touch up which hasnt taken away the magic of the place for me. Sunset looks really atmospheric in the wet too.

I have many issues with the game but having just had a blast in a TCR race in the wet around Sunset these are the moments that the game shines for me. Spending three laps hunting down the leader, drafting onto them coming out of the last corner and snatching the win at the line by the barest of margins reminds me of the Forza I know and love.

The narrator giving out various facts about the circuits isn’t present on Sunset Peninsula. I don’t miss her one bit, but the inconsistency adds fuel to the reports claiming that Turn 10 has lost employees or contractors since the launch of FM.
Trying out sunset, the thing I notice right away is compared to other (r)ovals say homestead, the transition from the apron to the banked section is very smooth and doesnt send any shock through my wheel.
Doesn’t it depend on where you enter the banking? I notice sparks flying off the car when I hit the banking early.

Last edited:
I had the same stuttering on my first Free Play lap.

Anyway, here's my first ever video of Sunset Peninsula Raceway (at sunrise):

(And I lucked out on a great thumbnail too :D)

And here is the Club Circuit (at sunset), still in its "pig shape" formation which should please @UKMikey :

And the Speedway at night:

I don't have any recollection of that track. I think I had it confused with Sedona Raceway Park. But then again fictional tracks aren't really my thing anyway.

Finally, there’s an undocumented change I noticed immediately:

The proximity radar has had minor tweaks. It looks like it’s zoomed out a bit more and detects cars from further away.

I hate to be that guy, but Sunset Peninsula felt... empty. Then I found out why, the screenshot shows the track from FM4, specifically what you can see in the distance from the start of the full and club circuits. Those stands aren't there in this game, at least from that view. And on the other side of the speedway, the stands seem to be shorter in length along the track.
This is really my only qualm with the new rendition of Sunset, I don't know why but they seem to love removing objects or details that would break up the horizon in most of their fantasy tracks nowadays. Intentional stylistic decision? Anyways, this does give me hope that maybe we'll get Camino back one day, just imagine how that vista would look with FM8's graphical fidelity.

Last edited:
This is really my only qualm with the new rendition of Sunset, I don't know why but they seem to love removing objects or details that would break up the horizon in most of their fantasy tracks nowadays. Intentional stylistic decision? Anyways, this does give me hope that maybe we'll get Camino back one day, just imagine how that vista would look with FM8's graphical fidelity.
The backgrounds on some tracks in FM23 seem to be quite low resolution if you see them via a zoomed in camera view. Not impressed when I compare to FH4/FH5 using the same game engine and handling off-the-map scenery much much better.

Overall surprisingly good update.

Better selection of Mustangs than expected. Not a Mustang guy at all, but it's great to have the '95 Cobra back as it fits in nicely with Forza's decent selection of mid '90s cars, assuming they keep the body stuff from FH5 the '24 GT and Dark Horse could provide some interesting options for builds, and the '67 GT500 is decent.

The Trans Am Mustang is a surprise and the most fun to drive of the lot of them, but sadly it kinda highlights a long-running problem with T10 both with which cars they select and how they introduce them to the game... There's just not anything to do with it. It has no rivals in the game to race against, and as a FOMO car it can't be used for a Featured Multiplayer Spec series, and realistically can't be used for private multiplayer either as not everyone will have it and there is no non-FOMO alternative. Kinda the the same deal with the GT500 Nissan from 2 updates ago.

I know most people first think of the Sunoco '69 Camaros, but since we got the '70 Mustang I'd rather have the Chaparral Camaro to keep things 1970... And because Chaparral is underappreciated and awesome.
1728978159515.png

Sunset Peninsula is fun. It's weird since I haven't driven it in so long, but it immediately felt strange and I couldn't figure out why until I realized it was all of the missing grand stands, for a moment it was kinda like watching someone play iRacing with the pit buildings/grand stands turned off for performance. The kerbs are still a little dangerous in a few spots but it kept its kinda street circuit feel. The Club variant kinda sucks though, I couldn't remember it very well and now I see why, no reason to the inferior Club version when the regular layout is so good. Not great in reverse either really I think, hopefully the standard "Full Circuit" will be what is primarily in hopper rotation.

Sound improvements are good to see, and the C7R definitely sounds more like an angry race car now. Hopefully the Sauber is up next on the list.

It will be really interesting to see what the next update is like. Obviously no track, but if updates start bringing more cars like this then the game will feel a bit more lively as we will have more to play with between updates. Hopefully this isn't just a one-off.

Still no manual grid ordering in lobbies though...

Last edited:
Update is cool and all, but the situation with come-and-go mechanics just got even worse.

The 2015 Formula Drift Mustang is apparently exclusive to the Challenge Hub, and while the requirements are easy, it's still possible to miss out on it, without it ever coming to the Showroom and as a rental car in Free Play.

That aside, the Acura Integra, Chevy C7.R and Pagani Huayra R all roar like thunder now and I'm enjoying the new and modern Sunset Peninsula. Gives me some form of FM4 nostalgia.

No troll post!

I am seriously interested in this game but I don't own a beefy pc nor an X. Since MS stratégies plans have changed around releasing their games, will it be possible we see this game coming to PS5 in the future?

Once more this is a genuine question 👍

No troll post!

I am seriously interested in this game but I don't own a beefy pc nor an X. Since MS stratégies plans have changed around releasing their games, will it be possible we see this game coming to PS5 in the future?

Once more this is a genuine question 👍
No word on that, even if Microsoft are considering on releasing most of their first-party games on Playstation.

Rumors will remain rumors for now, but we'll wait and see.

They haven't confirmed anything yet but I remain hopeful. It would indeed be a great move if it actually happend. I wonder though if Sony would allow. Definitely a few hurdles to overcome.

There are more unspoken graphical improvements? T10 move in mysterious ways. But cool!

I wonder if next update they'll finally release RTGI for PC, to one up Gran Turismo 7's pro mode with it's more advanced ray traced reflections.

I think Forza Horizon 5 will go to PlayStation in the next year or so. It'll sell very well if it does.

Less so Forza Motorsport because Gran Turismo 7 exists and would have the track racer market captured.

Last edited:
Back