Free “My First Gran Turismo” Demo Coming Later This Year

• Thread starter Famine
  • 197 comments
It takes about two minutes to create your own race, but you refuse to use that feature because you only want to do races that PD creates for you?

I shouldn't have to, no one should. I haven't had to on any other game, don't normalise this sort of practice. They want me making events? They pay my contract rate.

Some people here need a bib.

For the record I'm only 60% through the available races and not even touched the missions or the new licenses. It's a damn sight better than what it shipped with.

Yep... that's what I'm saying. And car invites, pricing and the microtransactions that were never necessary and never used doesn't change that. A game doesn't have to be absolute perfection... It can be great with it's flaws, but saying it's "bereft of content" is disingenuous and insane. Your hyperbolic nonsense gets you nowhere with rational people.

If you think that real-time 24hr races makes or breaks it then you might be a masochist. What game is giving you that with all your offline content by the way? None.

And we are in game valhalla. That is more of a general comment on the gaming world as a whole, GT included. The crazy part, still, is that games offer hundreds of hours of content, often free, giving us experiences we couldn't have imagined a couple decades ago... but eeyores on the internet still see fit to tear the world apart because of the little things.

Can't see the forest for the trees.

What game gives it? Is GT7 your first in the series? I already mentioned two titles after all...

Regarding a game not needing to be perfection? Where have I advocated it needs to be? I'll wait

What game gives it? Is GT7 your first in the series? I already mentioned two titles after all...

Regarding a game not needing to be perfection? Where have I advocated it needs to be? I'll wait
Two titles... one of them being a previous GT game (doesn't count, and GT7 is physics-wise in another universe), and GRID, a game where the physics are so bad it might as well not exist. Next up you'll be singing the praises of FH5 because of their car count, haha.

I've owned every version of GT except 6 and prologue and fail to see what that has to do with anything. Nostalgia is a helluva drug that's tainting your current view of reality.

You obviously need the game to be perfect when your counterpoints hinge on the thinnest of arguments. Literally everything you dislike about GT7 is either a non-issue or avoidable. Hell, you equate the ability to create any kind of race possible (and save them for a one-click option any time in the future) with work. Absolutely wacky.

It's clear you're not going to be sated by a free game you didn't know existed until a few days ago, so there's little hope of progress, but it is entertaining.

There's a joke that comes to mind about a person just finding out WIFI existed on their plane and them immediately complaining about it not working to their standard. The ridiculousness of it is being mad about a free service that brings something extra to your life and the audacity of immediately judge it as "not good enough".

Apt.

Two titles... one of them being a previous GT game (doesn't count, and GT7 is physics-wise in another universe), and GRID, a game where the physics are so bad it might as well not exist. Next up you'll be singing the praises of FH5 because of their car count, haha.

I've owned every version of GT except 6 and prologue and fail to see what that has to do with anything. Nostalgia is a helluva drug that's tainting your current view of reality.

You obviously need the game to be perfect when your counterpoints hinge on the thinnest of arguments. Literally everything you dislike about GT7 is either a non-issue or avoidable. Hell, you equate the ability to create any kind of race possible (and save them for a one-click option any time in the future) with work. Absolutely wacky.

It's clear you're not going to be sated by a free game you didn't know existed until a few days ago, so there's little hope of progress, but it is entertaining.

There's a joke that comes to mind about a person just finding out WIFI existed on their plane and them immediately complaining about it not working to their standard. The ridiculousness of it is being mad about a free service that brings something extra to your life and the audacity of immediately judge it as "not good enough".

Apt.

So you can't point to where I've said it requires perfection, thanks for confirming my thoughts. Good evening

So you can't point to where I've said it requires perfection, thanks for confirming my thoughts. Good evening
Uh, what?

"You obviously need the game to be perfect when your counterpoints hinge on the thinnest of arguments. Literally everything you dislike about GT7 is either a non-issue or avoidable."

You don't have to literally say "I want it to be perfect" when your standards and comments point to exactly that. Your gripes are trivial and small. You demand perfection to be satisfied, and you can't specifically refute anything.

I don't rely on "confirming thoughts". Unwavering bias isn't a good look.

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone is calling this a demo for Gran Turismo 7. If they were making one of those, wouldn't they call it "Gran Turismo 7 demo"?

Maybe Kaz saw the negative reactions to having multiple S14 Silvias and R32 Skylines in GT7, and decided to make a nostalgia-focused spinoff called "My First Gran Turismo" so he can add fifty S14 Silvias and R32 Skylines to it without complaint.

Uh, what?

"You obviously need the game to be perfect when your counterpoints hinge on the thinnest of arguments. Literally everything you dislike about GT7 is either a non-issue or avoidable."

You don't have to literally say "I want it to be perfect" when your standards and comments point to exactly that. Your gripes are trivial and small. You demand perfection to be satisfied, and you can't specifically refute anything.

I don't rely on "confirming thoughts". Unwavering bias isn't a good look.

At no point have I ever said it needs to be perfect. Your leaping summary is not evidence, never was evidence and never will be evidence.

Why do some people already making the judgement that the trial will just have rehashed content from gt7, it could happen, but their could also be content that gt7 now currently does not have, they will proably reuse some of classic tracks and cars thats already in gt7, but they could also throw some new classic cars and another classic tracks we had in the past. And if their is new content i expect current gt7 players to get that in an update as well,
I still expect a larger ps5 pro,update for gt7 later this year.

We just have to wait and see what they do with it.

I thought for a second I was going crazy when I saw the picture for the announcement

At first I saw the picture like this:
1725801255292.jpeg

But I didn't realize that it changed that quickly, even if it's minor:
1725801292592.png

Accepting or even championing mediocrity, or worse bad design, is not going to help in anyway, it's truly toxic, especially as a consumer, it's literally self harm. And nit picking every thing to the point of extreme exaggeration is just as undermining to the cause of making things better. And ad hominem tangents really are bad, for far more than just being fallacies.

There are ways to push things forward without damaging and smashing everything along the way or blocking the entire field. Race, pushing for the best, together for all to win; lose only the egos.

Be a Helle Nice or Sir Lewis.

Last edited:
Hmmm... interesting. Pointing out ways a game is bereft of content, is apparently toxic. It's no wonder some outlets outside here see this community as possessing bias tendencies.

To me, that's a rather unfair label, though I can comprehend why that belief may be held

Hmmm... interesting. Pointing out ways a game is bereft of content, is apparently toxic. It's no wonder some outlets outside here see this community as possessing bias tendencies.

To me, that's a rather unfair label, though I can comprehend why that belief may be held
Tells me you don’t know the meaning of Bereft without telling me you don’t know the meaning of Bereft

You are not wrong in saying that GT7 is lacking in events. I don’t care if there are more than 200, because not many of them are any good and relevant event themes are completely overlooked by PD. GT Sport had better variety, which is bizarre.

However, the custom event feature kinda helps to overcome the problem, and you’re mocking suggestions to use it. That is a toxic attitude when people are only trying to help you enjoy the game in light of its shortcomings.

When was the last time you played gt7?

Saw on Twitter that the Italian PS Blog had some additional information suggesting there will be special menus reminiscent of the first GT.
My First GT. In celebration of the holiday season, Polyphony Digital has created a free-to-play experience for PS5 consoles that pays homage to the original design of the original Gran Turismo. Featuring menu art reminiscent of the genre-defining classic, it will feature some of the most beloved cars, tracks and racing events that evoke the nostalgia and excitement of the first GT experience. Find out more about My First GT, available to all PS5 players this holiday season.

Back