Fun Racers: Monday Surprise Night - 27th August 9PM BST

RDAardvark

Missing every apex
Premium
Ireland
In the gravel trap
RDAardvark
Surprise Nights returns (again) for 2012!

We'll be having a few 5 lap races and perhaps a 10 lap feature race at Grand Valley East in a surpise car.

These will take place on Monday 27th August at 9:00pm BST (Curent UK Time).

All GTPlanet members are welcome and the racing will suit beginner to average drivers best.

All driving aids are allowed.

The race will be held in my lounge (RDAardvark). Please send a friend request to this id.

The lounge will open at 8:30pm BST, and the racing will start at 9:00pm BST.

Please do NOT join the room before 8:30, as this might cause problems in the setup.
And do remember to clear network cache and restart your PS3 before joining.

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room. The car will be ready to pick up in the garage when the lounge opens.

There will be no points awarded. Please try to keep the racing as clean as possible, but don't be too alarmed about the odd bump, alright? Banter while driving is more than welcome, so grab your headset. (This may limit participation to 12)

Interested? Please post your name below.

Confirmed Participants:
  1. RDAardvark
    [*]Watermelonpunch
  2. Brenner
  3. Rhinoafrica
  4. TurambarMakart
  5. dthomas15
  6. Mushy_Peaz_

Last edited:
I *might* be in for the 1st 1 or possibly 2 races.
I have to be off the ps3 by 9:30pm BST :ouch: - in order to not look like I've been playing gt5 all day, and to prepare dinner... when spouse arrives home from work expecting dinner a reasonable elapsed time after. :lol:
Because just the appearance of impropriety can damn one. :sly:
It also depends upon my finishing my chores adequately before the Fiat Barchetta race @ 8pm BST.

I *might* be in for the 1st 1 or possibly 2 races.
I have to be off the ps3 by 9:30pm BST :ouch: - in order to not look like I've been playing gt5 all day, and to prepare dinner... when spouse arrives home from work expecting dinner a reasonable elapsed time after. :lol:
Because just the appearance of impropriety can damn one. :sly:
It also depends upon my finishing my chores adequately before the Fiat Barchetta race @ 8pm BST.

Hey, even if you make it for a few laps in warm up, it is all good. Or we could phone out for a pizza for you! :)

Count me in mate :-)
Good to see your name on here Bren.

I'm in, thanks! :)
Excellent! Good to see you too!

I'll participate.
Brilliant!

i'm not playing since a while, why not !

I'm in.
And why not indeed! A nice gentle way to get back into the game.

Love to but can't this week, if it's happening next week I'm deffo in
Would have loved to have you this week, but hey, I'll certainly aim to host the following monday too, so keep any eye out for the thread!

Sorry to hear that - Don't lose faith and do come back soon!

I'll only re-gain faith in at least GT5 when everyone stops bashing driving aids. Even though I know driving aids are allowed for this, that does nothing to help.

Hey, even if you make it for a few laps in warm up, it is all good. Or we could phone out for a pizza for you! :)

Good to see your name on here Bren.

Excellent! Good to see you too!
Its been a while , looking forward to racing again :gtpflag:

Ok I will have a go, haven't played for over a year so will be very rusty on track :D

Excellent! I'm really looking forward to this. And no worries about being rusty - It'll be good craic whatever happens!

It was pretty funny, expecially High Speed Ring with that crap Suzuki Swift car XD !

Looking forward to next Monday.

It's always nice playing vs you guys : D

Back