Funny Pic Thread (Episode II: Attack of the Reposts)

• Thread starter ceiling_fan
  • 4,006 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just love public transport?
Delayed_St_Pancras.jpg

Hey my grandma uses a Packard Bell that we used to have.

It was around 1992-94 when we got it, it cost a buttload (I think 3 grand)

It was really cool and such, but 100mhz and 8mb of ram (soon upgraded to 40) and a 2x cd drive was cool then I suppose.

I'm not 100% sure, but that pitch might be a little uneven. It's probably just me, though.

Okay, time to speak out.

I love this thread for the most part, there are a lot of funny images on here.
I find that the best posts are the ones with more than 4+ images. I enjoy not having to see pictures outside of the AUP.

I don't really look at sites that have funny pictures (in fear that I'd see something I'd rather not look at) and my computer doesn't have that many images...so if you are reading this, please put more images in your post next time! We'll give you rep for it too!

Just a plea. :)

Hey buddy, calm down...we come up with the pics that we had just found funny...If we saw a couple, then we post them...if we see 20, then we post them...relax. Everything is going to be ok, funny pics won't die...ever.

Ciao!

Okay, time to speak out.

I love this thread for the most part, there are a lot of funny images on here.
I find that the best posts are the ones with more than 4+ images. I enjoy not having to see pictures outside of the AUP.

I don't really look at sites that have funny pictures (in fear that I'd see something I'd rather not look at) and my computer doesn't have that many images...so if you are reading this, please put more images in your post next time! We'll give you rep for it too!

Just a plea. :)

Well, I'm not repping. Having a bunch of pictures in a post, funny or not, does not make it a quality post.

Is this a quality post?

Is this a quality post?

Using rep as a bribe isn't cool. It's one thing to give them cookie dough like this. It's another thing to give them points that give them the Quality Posts badge.

They're both quality... just in different contexts. I try my best to deliver fresh content (and I've accidently gone too far at times), but I don't expect a Quality Posts badge. All you have to do is acknowledge and laugh.

While I agree that rep points aren't the best thing to give for just posting humorous images (do to little effort/time/thought required, that doesn't mean they cannot be "quality posts".
"Quality" posts don't have to be big, insightful observations, and well thought out posts. They can be good, funny posts, perhaps delivering a witty comment with perfect timing in a thread, or something that is humorous, and very original.
Many posts are given rep when they contribute to the site. You could argue that posting humorous pictures can be quality contributions, especially when people request more of that sort of thing. Still, it's not a good idea to just throw rep at anyone posting something funny, but I don't see the harm in the odd one or two especially good ones that haven't been reposted 3.2 x 10^7 times.

Anyway, back to what this threas is here for, finding and posting funny picures.

Here's a couple gems I found in the last few days, that can serve as good rebuttals:

And the greatest C-Store ever:

:(

Check status percent bar.

Windows is pwning me.

(Oh and, if you want Windows Vista RC1, I suggest getting it. The downloads are going fast.)

Woman killed with urine = spoof on falling block of frozen urine falling into house and killing a womam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back